30th September 2009, 05:31 PM
Single stab today 40pts, bout time.

6/12 fir
12 gir
34putts

only dropped .2 :?

zacdullard
30th September 2009, 06:41 PM
I just got back from a week in Brisbane. I played Pacific and Victoria park whilst there.

I played Pacific on Monday and loved it. It is one of the best courses I have played.
The greens were like concrete to putt on, which caused many 3 putts but I hit the ball really well.
I finished up with something like 87 off the stick which I was rather happy about.
The only downside was that the practice round for the big junior tournament they have on this week was on which casued for a 5 hour round waiting for Tiger wanabees.

Yesterday I played Victoria park, a short and easy track, not considered a real golf course by some.
Anyway, never before breaking 80 I was confident coming into a par 65 track that I would do it.
I ended up playing the best golf I ever had. I shot even par 65, 1 under after 9 and then a birdie on the last to bring it back to even. I was so happy :D
Even though this even par doesn't go close to a even par at a longer course I am looking forward to trying to break 80 at my local track this weekend.

Jarro
30th September 2009, 06:44 PM
Nice shooting guys, well done to both of you :smt038

holmesy-XLS
30th September 2009, 07:14 PM
Played 18 yesterday. Played the golf of my life. 79 off the stick for a 60 nett 3 Birdies/3 doubles. Played so well its just stupid :)

ParMaster
30th September 2009, 07:15 PM
Nice round coffs but good on you Zac. I told you it's not long before you have a great round! Is it a very easy course or did you just play your ass off?

henno
30th September 2009, 07:16 PM
I'd say both PM. But well done Zac.

zacdullard
30th September 2009, 07:17 PM
It's an easy course but I still played the best I ever have.

ParMaster
30th September 2009, 07:17 PM
Christ whats up with everyone scoring amazing!? I won't ruin the run so I won't comment on my round. ;)

BrisVegas
30th September 2009, 08:03 PM

play a tougher golf course then... ;)

AndyP
30th September 2009, 08:08 PM
Wowsers, Zac!

Bruce
30th September 2009, 08:09 PM
Played a 4BBB par comp at KH today. Lots going on there in preparation for The Masters.

Showed some glimpses of form but the wind made things a bit more than I could handle. I love proper sandbelt bunkers. Gave myself 4 very gettable sand save opportunities of 6 feet or less and missed them all. Didn't have a good day on the greens at all - although I won't admit 100% culpability for that - they are being left alone to grow in for the Masters.

I think we had +4 which isn't great but at least we won the bet.

zacdullard
30th September 2009, 08:11 PM
I feel your pain, my home track has a ccr which is usually 2 or 3 under the par of the course. It makes it hard to lose shots off your handicap.

ParMaster
30th September 2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah the greens aren't good at KH right now Bruce.

Did you go in the clubhouse? It's big enough to fit about 20 people in right now with all the renos. Good partypies in there though. ;)

Coffs_Hacker
1st October 2009, 07:08 AM
play a tougher golf course then... ;)

The course itself isn't that hard, but we have 4 greens over 60m in length, with the biggest being 75m so when u putt as bad as i do, it hurts

backintheswing
1st October 2009, 08:51 PM
36 points at Townsville Golf Club in the Open medley Tuesday Comp. The less said about this round the better. The greens had just been scarified and were so long that it was nearly impossible to putt on them. The course has changed so much since I was last there in 1987, and the new holes lack any character. All the new holes are basically the same, all doglegs right and whoever did the design obviously had little imagination.

ddasey
3rd October 2009, 12:54 PM
Monthly Medal (backing up after night shift & 3 hrs sleep).

I was inspired by the tales of Henno's great round at Brooky last weekend.

Probably the most consistent I have managed to strike the ball.

Anyway 83 for a nett 62 :shock:

Look forward to raising the bat next weekend ;)

zacdullard
3rd October 2009, 01:06 PM
Well done ddasey :smt038

I played social at Gympie thismorning and had my best round ever.

I had a 5 over par 76.

13 GIR
33 Putts (no 3 putts finally and very happy as the greens had been cored and top dressed)
9 Fairways

Still can't have a round without a double but I am very happy heading into the first round of matchplay tommorow.

EDIT- First round breaking 80 on a real course.

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2009, 04:42 PM
Some nice scores coming in this week..

I also had my best round since being a member at Newcastle!

Monthly Medal:

74 scratch for 73 nett

Raining and windy the whole day, greens were cored a week ago, so putting was a lottery also still have 2 temporaries which was due to a **** up on the greenkeepers part! He should get the ass IMO.

3 Birdies
5 Bogies
1 x 3 Putt
11 / 14 Fairways
12 Greens

Kept the same ball for the entire round which is unusual for me at Newcastle and was leading the A Grade Medal when I left.

Might final win my first ball in the comp at Newy!

Things are starting to come togerther..

henno
3rd October 2009, 06:24 PM
37 points at pacific. Left plenty out there as usual (ordinary with the driver off the tee.) Wedges were good today. 3W was a magic stick again. I don't know why I even bother with driver. Lost 0.8, which takes me to a total of 1.2 shot lost in the last two rounds.

zacdullard
3rd October 2009, 06:43 PM
A few more rounds like that henno and you will finally be down where you should be.

ParMaster
3rd October 2009, 06:49 PM
Great rounds everyone..

I'll keep the good news going depite the fact I only played 4 holes at NSW today.

Started 3/3 3/3 5/2 5/1. I hit 2i, 64 degree into the 1st and a full blooded driver into the 2nd. There was a huge southerly today and the rain was coming in sideways. So heavy that we called it quits after 4 holes.

And before you say HTFU (Which you will say no doubt;)) out of 73 people that started their game today only 9 people finished. And again the course rated 6 over par 78.

I'd have been happy with 85 or so today.

zacdullard
3rd October 2009, 06:53 PM
HTFU :mrgreen:

ParMaster
3rd October 2009, 06:56 PM
:roll:

Typical. :mrgreen:

adlo
3rd October 2009, 07:01 PM
Great shooting everyone (except PM, HTFU).

ParMaster
3rd October 2009, 07:07 PM
:lol:

I was 1 up after 4. In pissing down rain. Thats great..:?

Andrew
3rd October 2009, 07:20 PM
still have 2 temporaries which was due to a **** up on the greenkeepers part! He should get the ass IMO.

That's not totally correct. He was testing to see if the strain of Poa on the west side greens is as resilient as the 6th green on the east side. Obviously it's not, but it was important to test for the future of the greens throughout the entire course.

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2009, 07:25 PM
That's not totally correct. He was testing to see if the strain of Poa on the west side greens is as resilient as the 6th green on the east side. Obviously it's not, but it was important to test for the future of the greens throughout the entire course.Im not sure who told you that Andrew..

The story around the club is that he didn't flush the drums at all / correctly before spraying! Bottom line is we pay good money and don't want to playing prefered lies and temporary greens..

From the look of them today they will be out for at least another 2 - 3 weeks!

No excuses in my book..

AndyP
3rd October 2009, 07:31 PM
out of 73 people that started their game today only 9 people finished. And again the course rated 6 over par 78.
The course can't get a rating different to the ACR with only 9 finishers.

BrisVegas
3rd October 2009, 07:36 PM
geez, everyone is posting good scores... Unfortunately, I have to go against the grain. First round of club champs today and I reckon the course was playing as tough as I've ever seen it. In addition, I hit some awful shots, losing 5 golf balls for instance. Suddenly I've developed a wicked snap hook. :shock: Had a triple, quad & sextuple bogey today!

Tallied up to a (51+43) 94 gross, 86 nett.

1st round leader of the champs came in with 78 nett. The low gross is 81. Lots of 100+ scores today. I'll back up tomorrow and take some more punishment. If I could sneak in an 80 gross, I'd be back in the hunt. I just wanna make the top 8 for the matchplay, as my streaky game goes well in that format.

Dazza
3rd October 2009, 07:46 PM
Monthly Medal today. First round with my handicap, Par is 70.
Shot a 93, handicap of 24 for a 69 Net. 10/12 Fairways.
Won a ball in the run-down. Winner shot a 64 Net.
I felt that I played some smart golf today, didn't take any huge risks & still managed to post a solid score. Managed to use the same ball for 18 holes too!
Front nine was a 44, faded a bit for a 49 on the second nine. Was travelling well right up until hole 14, wheels fell off from there with a 9 on the Par 5 17th.
Putting was hot & cold, as was the iron play. Driving was spot on, only two bad drives all day and both were in the back 9.
Niblick performed well both around the green (Chip & run) and from 100mt & in. Not my preferred pitching club, but it still has a place in the bag.
Nearly dropped one in the hole from 100mt out on hole 10, very impressed!
Plenty of room for improvement, but I'm still quite happy overall.

ParMaster
3rd October 2009, 07:58 PM
BV what are you currently coming? What position.

ParMaster
3rd October 2009, 07:59 PM
The course can't get a rating different to the CCR with only 9 finishers.

Well the results sheet begs to differ. :razz:

adlo
3rd October 2009, 07:59 PM
AndyP is surely right, minimum 20 scores in for a CCR to be in effect.

Yossarian
3rd October 2009, 08:02 PM
How was wembely today adlo? I missed playing.

BrisVegas
3rd October 2009, 08:09 PM
BV what are you currently coming? What position.

don't know. I asked the guy in the shop what the low gross and nett was, just out of curiosity because it was brutal out there.

zacdullard
3rd October 2009, 08:15 PM
The course can't get a rating different to the CCR with only 9 finishers.
Do you mean ACR? I am confused when it comes to handicapping.

adlo
3rd October 2009, 08:21 PM
How was wembely today adlo? I missed playing.
Course was great, I took 14 holes to remember how to swing a golf club and played with a few negative old blokes. Made for an average morning.

Do you mean ACR? I am confused when it comes to handicapping.

ACR is course rating, CCR is course rating for the day but needs to have 20 scores in to be calculated on the 12th percentile or something like that. CCR can only be 2 shots higher or 1 shot lower than ACR unless conditions were exceptional in some way.

Yossarian
3rd October 2009, 08:24 PM
So you missed my company?

Loving the avatar btw adlo.:lol:

Ned
3rd October 2009, 08:33 PM
Single Stableford.

34 points (86\74)
FIR 9/14
GIR 4/18
Putts 32
Penalties 1

EDIT: Swapped the kai'li shaft in the TP head, will try the Tour Head with the Fubuki tomorrow.

adlo
3rd October 2009, 08:54 PM
So you missed my company?

Loving the avatar btw adlo.:lol:

Yeah, kinda. At least you keep things positive, even if you do talk non stop :mrgreen:

Avatar is set. No more avatar ho'ing for me!

Yossarian
3rd October 2009, 09:09 PM
I don't talk that much.... I give you your alone time on course when you need it. :)

Anyway no threadjacking the what did you shoot this week thread, apologies.

Courty
3rd October 2009, 10:33 PM
Monthly Medal at Cairns today with Solarman.

My swing felt great to start with and I nearly drove the first 2 par 4s, but it never really continued on after that. My game off the tee was pretty solid and I managed to keep it in play for the most part. The problems began as soon as I got within range of the greens. Full iron shots and wedge game around the greens was woeful. Out of all the missed greens, I only chipped inside 2m once all day. I'm beginning to think that the only thing that can save my game is some shiny new clubs. 8)

89 gross
81 nett

9 fairways
4 greens :oops:
32 putts

1 birdie
5 pars
6 bogies
6 doubles :cry:

mike
3rd October 2009, 10:35 PM
Did Solarman play bad?

Ned
3rd October 2009, 10:36 PM
I only chipped inside 2m once all day. I'm beginning to think that the only thing that can save my game is some shiny new clubs. 8)

Solarman hasnt turned or converted you into a Chipper Packing Ho has he ?:shock:

Andrew
3rd October 2009, 10:38 PM
Im not sure who told you that Andrew..

The story around the club is that he didn't flush the drums at all / correctly before spraying! Bottom line is we pay good money and don't want to playing prefered lies and temporary greens..

From the look of them today they will be out for at least another 2 - 3 weeks!

No excuses in my book..

I have it on extremely good authority. ;)

Rumours fly thick & fast around golf clubs. In most cases, 95% of members don’t really know what is going on, but they could easily find out if they wanted to. Don’t always believe the rumours.

We are investigating the process of changing all 18 greens over to Poa. We have a few greens that are already fully Poa, but most members couldn’t tell which ones.

Foreign grasses are being removed from the fairways as well, which is why they are in the state they are in.

The course is in the worst condition it has been in for 10 years, but there are reasons behind most of it. By the end of the summer the fairways will be in the best condition they have been in for decades. The Poa conversion on the greens will take longer.

I’m not sure how long Matthew will have at the club, but not everything is his fault.

Courty
3rd October 2009, 10:38 PM
Did Solarman play bad?

Why would you ask that? Do you have a match against him coming up or something? :p

Solarman hasnt turned or converted you into a Chipper Packing Ho has he ?:shock:

Let me clarify that by saying "shiny new clubs", I did not mean a chipper. ;)

mike
3rd October 2009, 10:50 PM
Why would you ask that? Do you have a match against him coming up or something? :p

Yep. Did he play bad?

Courty
3rd October 2009, 10:57 PM
Yep. Did he play bad?

It's all relative. ;)

He would have beat his handicap if he didn't make a couple of triples on the back 9.

mike
3rd October 2009, 11:13 PM
Triples. Good to hear.

mike
3rd October 2009, 11:14 PM
I can beat triples.

Courty
3rd October 2009, 11:15 PM
He has a habit of over-whelming his opposition through sheer weight of numbers due to the number of shots he gets.

mike
3rd October 2009, 11:23 PM
What's he off now?

Courty
3rd October 2009, 11:27 PM
I think he said the 0.1 from today will push him from 22 to 23. :mrgreen:

mike
3rd October 2009, 11:30 PM
Oh dear

haysey
4th October 2009, 07:31 AM
I'd like to thank Solarman for paying for mine, Tommo and Chopper71's round yesterday.....and then playing with Courty

Very nice of him that was:mrgreen:

oz
4th October 2009, 09:21 AM
Monthly medal at Albury yesterday. Constant light rain for the whole round made it a bit dreary. My golf matched the weather. I doubled bogeyed 2 of the par 5's, which I still cannot beleive, and I bogeyed the last 4 holes to finish with a nett 74. Adding insult to injury, my poor round last week sees me go out another shot.

Minor_Threat
4th October 2009, 09:25 AM
I have it on extremely good authority. ;)

Rumours fly thick & fast around golf clubs. In most cases, 95% of members don’t really know what is going on, but they could easily find out if they wanted to. Don’t always believe the rumours.

We are investigating the process of changing all 18 greens over to Poa. We have a few greens that are already fully Poa, but most members couldn’t tell which ones.

Foreign grasses are being removed from the fairways as well, which is why they are in the state they are in.

The course is in the worst condition it has been in for 10 years, but there are reasons behind most of it. By the end of the summer the fairways will be in the best condition they have been in for decades. The Poa conversion on the greens will take longer.

I’m not sure how long Matthew will have at the club, but not everything is his fault.You sound as if you have closer ties to the truth than me mate, so ill have to take your word.. :D

I have been around the club a lot since joining and all I know is there a lot of unhappy campers regarding the course condition. I really do hope the course comes back soon, especially since it is going to be dug up for the new irrigation Winter / Autumn next year..

Courty
4th October 2009, 10:13 AM
I'd like to thank Solarman for paying for mine, Tommo and Chopper71's round yesterday.....and then playing with Courty

Very nice of him that was:mrgreen:

I wouldn't have wanted to play with you wankers either. :p

zacdullard
4th October 2009, 05:29 PM
1st round of matchplay today. I hit it well and won 6/4.

ParMaster
4th October 2009, 06:02 PM
Congratz zac. Nice job.

Ferrins
4th October 2009, 06:16 PM
Congratz zac. Nice job.
Solid start..well done

Played 2nd round of Nudgee club champs today and was determined to improve on yesterdays 83. Cruised on pars and then managed an 8 on the short par 4 fourth hole. I was next to the green for 2. Tided up with a handfull of birdies and finished with 74. I have a wager with a fellow club member for a carton of beer for best nett and I'm leading him by 24 shots after 2 rounds.

Lucasto23
4th October 2009, 06:26 PM
Well played zac and ferrins

ParMaster
4th October 2009, 06:44 PM
Well done ferrins. I think you have a better than decent chance to win that wager. ;)

BV how did you go in your 2nd round today? I hope you made it.

just
4th October 2009, 07:34 PM
Nudgee club champs
1st Round:93/71
2nd Round:91/69

CCR was 72 today, got a handicap drop to 21.1, lowest ever!

Lucasto23
4th October 2009, 07:38 PM
Nudgee club champs
1st Round:93/71
2nd Round:91/69

CCR was 72 today, got a handicap drop to 21.1, lowest ever!

great work Just, must be the less shiny and new irons;)

adlo
4th October 2009, 07:39 PM
Good stuff Just

Grunt
4th October 2009, 07:40 PM
Great Work Just:smt038:smt038:smt038

Dont peak too early us b/c graders need the handicap for the champs :)

ParMaster
4th October 2009, 07:45 PM
Congratz just.

Now get down to sub 20's.

gazgolf1
4th October 2009, 07:58 PM
Great work Just, Div 4 winner today and a runnerup for Ferrins in Div 1.

just
4th October 2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks everyone! i15's are excellent and I am also putting well at the moment.

damoocow
4th October 2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks everyone! i15's are excellent and I am also putting well at the moment.

nice work Just ! - don't peak too early for the Champs though...

PeteyD
4th October 2009, 08:31 PM
All these good scores and I haven't even hit a ball for 2 weeks. Hope I get the all clear on Thursday. Nice shooting everyone.

Jarro
4th October 2009, 08:32 PM
Nice work just and Ferrins 8)

henno
4th October 2009, 08:38 PM
37 points at Nudgee South course today for a third handicap chop in a week.

Could have been better had I not taken a wash after another trademark henno cold top, not to mention taking a penalty to be 3 off the tee after hitting off the chicks plates (only a metre or two in front of the gents - thanks shaz!) Worse still is that the first drive was good but the second was on the next fairway.

PeteyD
4th October 2009, 08:41 PM
You dickhead.

Ned
4th October 2009, 08:42 PM
I am also putting well at the moment.

:smt089

ParMaster
4th October 2009, 08:46 PM
Super job hen.

Has your run come to an end though?

henno
You dickhead.

Yeah yeah, I know. Truth is shazza opted to hit before me because she is a shorter hitter, and I instinctively just put the ball down on the same patch of dirt. The only reason anyone noticed was because perci almost did the same thing after me before doing a big double-take. Good waste of a 2-shot hole.

Ned
Single Stroke Today

85/73

FIR 9/14
GIR 6/18
Putts 36:smt022

The experiment with the Fubuki in the R9 460 Tour went well, as did the TP with the Kai'li in it yesterday.

Thinking of taking both and using to putt with as well!!!

PeteyD
4th October 2009, 08:47 PM
I have an excuse being colourblind (after the sun hits them for a while the blue and reds can look the same to me on some courses) and still haven't done that!

AndyP
4th October 2009, 09:11 PM
Good waste of a 2-shot hole.The sooner you don't have 2-shot holes, the better. Keep the improvement going, henno.

Ferrins
4th October 2009, 09:15 PM
Don't worry Henno about your penalty because sh*t happens. I played the other guys ball on Saturday and got a two stroke penalty. It amuses me that at the start of the round I was the only one to say that I'm using a Bridgestone B330S Number 1. On a earlier search for this guy's ball he tells me he plays srixon because he bought 12 dozen on a close out.My marker only plays Pro v's and the other Dude was a Callaway fan. When I played his ball near the green I had hit out from the tree's and couldn't see where my shot landed. I asked my marker who said it's up there. The other guy heard this. I walked up to his ball and played it. He then tall's me that he thinks I played my ball. My orange dot had worn off but I had checked the brand and number. I said that it's a Bridgestone B330s #1 and that you must be mistaken. Anyway as I said sh*t happens. I think maybe I should play slower and this won't happen and I probably wouldn't of got the golf ball to the head at Brooky.

BrisVegas
5th October 2009, 08:58 AM
Champs.... I backed up Saturdays 94/86 with a stellar 90/82 yesterday. I've had 101 for the front 9 and 83 for the back 9 in two rounds.

I need to decide whether to see a sports psychologist or knock back a couple of rums before I play. I'm over-thinking and trying too hard. Once I relax (ie. by the time i've blown the handicap on the front 9) I play ok.

Anyhoo, I need to pick up about 10 shots on the field to make the top 8 for the matchplay. Maybe I should just play the back 9 twice each day!

ParMaster
5th October 2009, 09:09 AM
BV you aren't playing well because your putting unwarranted pressure on yourself. Just play your game of golf like any other comp at Brookwater and don't think of the consequence.

Trust me, I ****ed up because of this down in Victoria.

BrisVegas
5th October 2009, 09:14 AM
yeah, I'm taking the hip flask with me next week to take the edge off.... if nothing else, my cursing gets more colourful on the rums....