PDA

View Full Version : Black Balls

Jarro
4th February 2005, 05:13 PM
i was watching some of the FBR Open this morning on Foxtel, when i noticed that Justin leonard and Stewart Cink were using black golf balls :shock:

Nike One Black is it's official name, and it hasn't been released to the public yet.. but boy has it got a lot of people talking :roll:

looked more like a game of snooker on the greens than a golf game :roll:

anyone else see this :?:

Ducky
4th February 2005, 09:47 PM
Are they partially black (like the training golf balls), or are they completely black? I can only imagine if they were completely black they would be rather difficult to find (especially in the rough or in shaded areas).

Do they allow pink and yellow golf balls to be used on the tour?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

markTHEblake
4th February 2005, 10:22 PM
I thought that this must have been another cricketing thread, even though the west indies have gone home.

Yep Ducky, can use whatever colour balls you like on the Pro Tours. The illustrious Jerry Pate is known for being the first guy to have a hole in one with an orange ball (circa 1982)

I dont know what the coloured balls only became a passing fad in the early 80's, they were definitely easier to see particularily on an overcast day.

Ducky
4th February 2005, 11:01 PM
Well, I just got to see these on Sports Tonight's 'Play of the Day'. So if anyone is behind GMT+10, watch Sports Tonight to see what all the fuss is about.

By the look of them, they appear to be easier to follow in the sky, but once again, I would be concerned with trying to find them in the rough of shaded areas.

The close up of the ball did not appear to show anything different apart from the colour (no hexagonal dimples like the new Pro V1X had been rumoured to have). I wonder if we're going to see the Nike One Gold in a gold colour?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Ona
4th February 2005, 11:33 PM
Nike's new promo "Once you go black.... "

I began golf playing with fluro orange top flights.. if there was a modern ball that colour i'd use em.

Onewood
4th February 2005, 11:47 PM
anyone else see this :?:

I seen it too Cink birdied the par three he used it on 8)

They where only using them on Par three :roll: As Ducky said to hard to find in the rough :P

McMw
4th February 2005, 11:48 PM
it's just............STUPID!!! :?

terryand
4th February 2005, 11:51 PM
Here tis....

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/927167/Blackgolfball.jpg

Onewood
4th February 2005, 11:52 PM
Here tis....

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/927167/Blackgolfball.jpg

Nah thats not it :roll: the one I seen was in the hole :wink: :D

terryand
4th February 2005, 11:57 PM
Sorry Kev....this the one :wink:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/927167/Blackball2.jpg

Ducky
5th February 2005, 12:01 AM
Good work on the screen capture, Terry.

:smt023

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Onewood
5th February 2005, 12:01 AM
:lol: You are good :lol: :wink:

McMw
5th February 2005, 12:18 AM
that pic of the one black?? was that a live shot???

surely that had to be rigged???

Ducky
5th February 2005, 12:28 AM
They would have zoomed in on where it was sitting next to the green to check it out (as the commentators were talking about it). Who knows, maybe Nike slipped them a few million.

:?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
5th February 2005, 06:38 AM
nice shots Tezza 8)

it does look kinda weird to see a guy teeing up a black ball :? I'm not sure how popular they'll be though, they will be very hard to spot on cloudy days... not to mention impossible to find in the rough :shock:

marcel
5th February 2005, 01:34 PM
They'd also be difficult to put a 'personal identifier mark' on them I'd guess, maybe some white-out, not that that would last very long.

markTHEblake
5th February 2005, 01:56 PM
I did some searching for this "Nike One Black" and its not black?

http://www.iwantgolf.com/balni3nikeoneblack.html

Jarro
5th February 2005, 02:06 PM
it's just a marketing gimmick from Nike.

from what i've read, out of a box 11 balls are WHITE , with ONE BLACK

Deano
5th February 2005, 10:10 PM
I believe Tiger was working on the idea with Nike
prior to his marriage to Elen.
Only before the big day though it was a more a case of
"blue balls" :wink: :lol: :oops:

Couldn't resist :wink: :oops:

Deano

Jarro
6th February 2005, 06:02 AM
like your style Deano 8)

.. you'll go well here son :wink:

Deano
6th February 2005, 06:33 PM
"like your style Deano"

:oops: Thanx Jarro.

Actually snuck on to late a look at this.
I just remember posting that gag late last night
after a skin full of sushi/Cougar'n coke's :roll:

Cheers

Deano

Flowergirl
7th February 2005, 11:33 AM
And all I can say is that if Golfer69 keeps posting nasty things about my age and the possibility of blue rinsed hair he might have a pair of them in a few weeks time! :smt062 :smt019

damoocow
7th February 2005, 12:23 PM
you just stick with me Flowergirl - I'll protect you from that nasty golfer69 - oh he is a horrid horrid fellow.

damoocow

Flowergirl
7th February 2005, 12:58 PM
you just stick with me Flowergirl - I'll protect you from that nasty golfer69 - oh he is a horrid horrid fellow.

damoocow

At last............my knight in shining armour. Chivalry lives in the guise of damoocow :smt053

BrisVegas
7th February 2005, 01:15 PM

damoocow

At last............my knight in shining armour. Chivalry lives in the guise of damoocow :smt053

It's so funny reading all this banter before you lot have met each other!! :lol:

Flowergirl
7th February 2005, 01:28 PM

damoocow

It's so funny reading all this banter before you lot have met each other!! :lol:

Love is blind Brisvegas....don't you know that :D ( and it will help Damoocow if he is either clinically blind or blind drunk if he's going to keep loving me)

Jarro
7th February 2005, 10:26 PM
And all I can say is that if Golfer69 keeps posting nasty things about my age and the possibility of blue rinsed hair he might have a pair of them in a few weeks time! :smt062 :smt019

impossible ..... he doesn't have any :P

beware Damoocow(evil gilligan) too Flowergirl .. he is a nasty chap indeed, especially after a few home brews :o

McMw
8th February 2005, 12:23 AM
http://tgcimages.mirror-image.net/images/photogallery/38345.jpg

Ducky
8th February 2005, 07:18 AM
Oh, a gold swoosh!

:smt035

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
8th February 2005, 10:00 AM
http://tgcimages.mirror-image.net/images/photogallery/38345.jpg
Is that a hint to get the topic back on track, McMw?

Because I am really enjoying this pre FG trip banter. And to think we still have another couple of weeks of it. :lol:

Ducky
8th February 2005, 03:15 PM
I'm glad someone did it...

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
8th February 2005, 04:16 PM
I'm glad someone did it...
Not everyone wants to talk about Nike crap, Ducky. :P

Ducky
8th February 2005, 05:37 PM
Not everyone wants to talk about Nike crap, Ducky.
Well, Andy, I'll just say that I feel some things should be left to be discussed in the '19th Hole' area and not in every second golf related topic. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Flowergirl
8th February 2005, 05:53 PM
Sorry Ducky........that was my fault...... :cry:

AndyP
8th February 2005, 08:09 PM
Not everyone wants to talk about Nike crap, Ducky.
Well, Andy, I'll just say that I feel some things should be left to be discussed in the '19th Hole' area and not in every second golf related topic. Of course, this is just my opinion.
Nevertheless, it happens all the time. How do you propose the moderators (that is, jarro) control it?

Ducky
8th February 2005, 08:53 PM
Nevertheless, it happens all the time. How do you propose the moderators (that is, jarro) control it?
I don't propose anything, as threads are bound to go off-topic. I can appreciate that a significant amount of members on these forums enjoy discussing FlowerGirl's sex life (and please don't take this the wrong way), but I do not feel that the discussion needs to deviate to this topic all the time (obviously, this is a slight exadgeration).

Don't get me wrong - I value that these forums are able to be open about such discussions without being strictly moderated, but how many times does a thread have to deviate to the above mentioned topic? It's fast becoming overwhelming (and very much similar to ScorpioChick on the ISG forums).

It's harsh saying that, I know, but I don't know how I could sugarcoat my opinion on it.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Fishman Dan
8th February 2005, 08:56 PM
C'mon Ducky, just because your thread about a Nike publicity stunt got side-tracked (and not by what you deemed i don't think?) isn't cause to go nana's.

Imagine if A-Lo was around, this thread would have no chance!

Speaking of which, where is that shaft-snappin' thread-jacker?

Ducky
8th February 2005, 09:05 PM
It would make no difference if it was about any other brand of golf ball or topic for that matter. The point remains the same, and the only reason I even mentioned it was because Andy is giving it justification because he doesn't approve of the thread. What a load of bullshit.

Regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
8th February 2005, 09:15 PM
the only reason I even mentioned it was because Andy is giving it justification because he doesn't approve of the thread. What a load of bullshit.
Not sure where you have pulled this from. I have neither justified it or expressed my disapproval of the thread.
I was only having a dig at you re Nike. Maybe you shouldn't take my posts so seriously. Most of the other members don't.

C'mon Ducky, just because your thread about a Nike publicity stunt got side-tracked (and not by what you deemed i don't think?) isn't cause to go nana's.
Our friendly moderator started the thread.

Imagine if A-Lo was around, this thread would have no chance!

Speaking of which, where is that shaft-snappin' thread-jacker?
Hong Kong for about a month.

Ona
8th February 2005, 11:21 PM
you shouldn't take my posts so seriously. Most of the other members don't.

thank christ, thought it was just me :smt043 :wink:

Flowergirl
9th February 2005, 07:52 AM
FOR THE RECORD.................Look back....I wasn't the first to divert this topic ( see post re blue balls and Tiger).
My sex life wasn't mentioned..............a bit of friendly banter.............and I am NOT like Scorpiochick.
I said I was sorry Ducky...............what more can I do..........and lets face it .............what more can be said...the new balls are black..........and????????

AndyP
9th February 2005, 07:55 AM
Personally, I blame jarro.
Being the deviot that he is, he knew exactly what he was doing when he named the thread "Black Balls".
He could have just as easily named it "Nike Black Golf Balls".

As a moderator, he should be thinking of all possible directions that a thread could go, so he is prepared to step in and do his job.

Ducky
9th February 2005, 08:00 AM
I never made out that you needed to apologise for the topic deviating, FlowerGirl. The only reason I ended up mentioning it was because I was made out to be uptight simply because it was a thread relating to Nike (which wasn't the case).

I knew I shouldn't have said anything, but I felt that it needed to be said. Obviously, if I am the only one who feels that it was becoming overwhelming, then obviously that is a sure sign that I need to take an extended break from the forums.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Fishman Dan
9th February 2005, 08:14 AM
If thread-jacking is the issue, then i think you need to have a rethink. I reckon 60% of threads around are diverted to either Golfer13's poor form (by himself), AndyP's willingness to change equipment (but unwillingness to do anything about it), Damo's complaining about (enter topic here), or Brett Lee (did i mention he was Man of the Series?).

It's all good. Let's be friends.

:smt058

AndyP
9th February 2005, 08:29 AM
I knew I shouldn't have said anything, but I felt that it needed to be said. Obviously, if I am the only one who feels that it was becoming overwhelming, then obviously that is a sure sign that I need to take an extended break from the forums.
I strongly doubt that you are the only one, Ducky.
You have expressed your opinion, and perhaps posters will be a bit more conscious of it now. Perhaps.

BTW Fishy, it appears you are more willing to change my equipment than what I am. I just asked if I needed to. Go Prizms!

BrisVegas
9th February 2005, 09:21 AM
you shouldn't take my posts so seriously. Most of the other members don't.

thank christ, thought it was just me :smt043 :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: No mate, it's all good. Every now and then you gotta let one of AndyP's unplayable posts through to the keeper. :wink:

Flowergirl
9th February 2005, 09:35 AM
[quote="Ducky"]I never made out that you needed to apologise for the topic deviating, FlowerGirl. The only reason I ended up mentioning it was because I was made out to be uptight simply because it was a thread relating to Nike (which wasn't the case).

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).[/quote

Don't you dare threaten to take a break from us Ducky. I look forward to reading your posts and I would miss you - A LOT!!! :smt056
I will try to behave - as much as I can.
Kind and fond regards

Reenie ( Flowergirl) :wink:

Fishman Dan
9th February 2005, 09:39 AM
No behaving! No way!

I won't have it... [-(

O:)

Ducky
9th February 2005, 10:59 AM
Don't you dare threaten to take a break from us Ducky. I will try to behave - as much as I can.
I'm not threatening to leave over the issue, I'm just saying that I would be best off having a break from the forums as opposed to annoying everyone by being a sook.

I also want to make clear that I'm not saying have no fun or don't go off-topic (as mentioned previously, it's good to have a community of people that can discuss openly without being overly moderated), I'm just saying that certain topics should not be taken off-topic because someone does not find the discussion interesting (this was in relation to Andy's reply).

Anyway, I let fly last night when I was tired and irritable, so I apologise for that. So please, lets move on and never speak of this again.

:shock:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

naragah
9th February 2005, 08:30 PM
personally I don't see the big deal with those particular balls :?: I mean big deal I have had them for years :!:

Though I do have black legs, arms torso etc to go with them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ducky
9th February 2005, 08:41 PM
Yes, but do yours have a gold swoosh on them?

markTHEblake
9th February 2005, 09:56 PM
doesnt anyone remember the Ozgolf charter?
Rule # 1, all threads must become a crapathon by the end of the first page.

Fishman Dan
10th February 2005, 08:48 AM

I'm no doctor, but does anyone think a swoosh is just another metaphor for.... you know... :wink: :roll:

naragah
10th February 2005, 07:18 PM

nope mine are just a generic no-name brand :(

Jarro
10th February 2005, 07:22 PM
i had black balls once ......

.. but, that's another story :roll: :lol:

mike
10th February 2005, 09:32 PM
Ducky, by the looks of the previous 6 posts it appears your complaints have fallen on deaf ears. :roll:

McMw
10th February 2005, 11:11 PM
watching a golf program over dinner, and Nike is gonna be huge in 2005....in Asia...the bug has truly set in in Japan...

they have a new driver - Ignite pdi or something (looks like fusion from address), new spikeless golf shoes (which actually makes sense when you see the sole), some very decent bags, and they've signed Shingo Katayama...so that's huge in Japan!!!

Onewood
11th February 2005, 08:27 AM
watching a golf program over dinner, and Nike is gonna be huge in 2005....in Asia...the bug has truly set in in Japan...

they have a new driver - Ignite pdi or something (looks like fusion from address), new spikeless golf shoes (which actually makes sense when you see the sole), some very decent bags, and they've signed Shingo Katayama...so that's huge in Japan!!!

Your getting slack Mau, Pic please :D

McMw
11th February 2005, 10:14 AM
I would....but it's not even on their website yet...talk abt NEW!!! :lol:

3oneday
11th February 2005, 10:27 AM
Gee, I stopped reading this after page 1, saw it this morning at 4 pages :shock: :shock: .

MTB/Jarro, can you please confirm, is this the first time a thread has stretched this far talking about Inferior Equipment !!!!!!!!!!!

:P :lol: :P :lol:

Iain
11th February 2005, 12:39 PM
MTB/Jarro, can you please confirm, is this the first time a thread has stretched this far talking about Inferior Equipment !!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you asking MTB???? :? :? :shock:

3oneday
11th February 2005, 01:47 PM

Why are you asking MTB???? :? :? :shock:seems to be the guy most into stats in this place, Jarro is always good for useless info :lol: :lol:

Jarro
11th February 2005, 05:28 PM
Jarro is always good for useless info :lol: :lol:

thankyou :wink: