28th September 2009, 06:12 PM
Go Sea Eagles!

henno
28th September 2009, 07:57 PM
Go West!

http://imgur.com/dz93K.jpg

ParMaster
28th September 2009, 08:07 PM
How many scandals are there going to be next year?

AndyP
28th September 2009, 08:07 PM
Go Rams!
http://www2.hunterlink.net.au/%7Emaajjs/aus/clb/logo/ad1.gif

mike
29th September 2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah they went well.

Go Dragons. And don't drop the f*****g ball so much in the semis next year.

mike
29th September 2009, 12:19 AM
Go Sea Eagles!

Shirley you can't be serious.

goughy
29th September 2009, 12:24 PM
And please stop calling me Shirley!!

How many weeks until the 2011 NRL season thread starts??

ParMaster
4th October 2009, 07:21 PM
Do you guys think the Storm will make a 5th consecutive GF this year?

Jarro
4th October 2009, 07:37 PM
Why not ?

They're a ruthlessly effective side ..... brilliantly coached ... and chock full of superstars (i.e. QLD'ers)

They'll be a force to reckon with for a few more years to come yet

Grunt
4th October 2009, 07:39 PM
Beware the Bunnies in 2010!

No More to be said until Febuary 2010!

ParMaster
4th October 2009, 07:53 PM
Grunt from what I've seen this season the bunnies don't really start out strong, but always finish strongly.

If they can play 80 mins of solid footy then they are a force to be reckoned with. ;)

PeteyD
4th October 2009, 08:12 PM
Who cares. Somehow Melbourne keeps all those guys under the cap, but other teams struggle with 1 or 2 name players. Have to wait and see what the line ups are for next year. I hope the Tigers can at least make the finals.

Bruce
4th October 2009, 08:32 PM
Do the Storm get any kind of salary cap allowance the way the Swans do?

PeteyD
4th October 2009, 08:36 PM
I thought the Swans and Lions salary cap allowance was stolen by Eddie.

I have no idea if the storm do, I imagine there may be some.

sms316
5th October 2009, 07:34 AM
Do the Storm get any kind of salary cap allowance the way the Swans do?
Why should they? The cost of living, being cheaper than Sydney, is effectively a raise in the cap. Not to mention the anonimity that they get down there (unless you allegedly beat up your girlfriend).

Don't underestimate the fact that players will play for a little less to play in a successful team. Broncos would be an example of that. Souths would be the polar opposite.

Bruce
5th October 2009, 10:34 AM
Don't underestimate the fact that players will play for a little less to play in a successful team. Broncos would be an example of that. Souths would be the polar opposite.

There's plenty of that in AFL. The Premier Lions did it and the Cats are doing it now.

3oneday
13th October 2009, 08:41 AM
Go Doggies !

dhills2
13th October 2009, 09:42 AM
Go Doggies !

I second that.

My early prediction is Tigers to push for top 4 :shock:

Jarro
13th October 2009, 10:05 AM
have the Tigers bought any quality forwards for next year ?

Eldrick
13th October 2009, 10:52 AM
have the Tigers bought any quality forwards for next year ?

they are chasing Jason Cayless,Lote Tuqiri,Jeff Lima
and are expected to get 2 of the 3

dhills2
13th October 2009, 11:17 AM
Wests Tigers
Ins: Geoff Daniela (Panthers), Mitch Brown (Sharks), Tame Tupou (Bradford Bulls, UK Super League), Arana Taumata (Melbourne Storm), Liam Ayoub (Tigers, NYC), Junior Moors (Panthers), Mark Flanagan (Wigan)
Outs: Dean Collis (Sharks), John Morris (Sharks), Shannon Gallant (Cowboys), Peni Tagive (Dragons), Dene Halatau (Bulldogs), Daine Laurie (Panthers)

To be honest I don't know a whole lot about some of the signings they have made but I know that the U20s side had a few kids that looked ready to ease their way into the top grade. In particular Mullaney (outstanding in the GF), Dwyer & some big bopper up front (not sure of name). I also think that a fully fit Heighnington will go a long way to bringing consistency into the pack with players like Ellis & Gibbs to keep getting better.

I think they will need to sort out the halves combination early in the peace & stick with it to give themselves any chance... Lui looked promising to play the role of Robin (with Benji being Batman of course) but I liked what I saw of A. Taumata from when he was at the Bulldogs before he got into strife off the field... another very good running half similar to Ben Roberts.

Anyway, with Farah & the flying young backline they possess they just need to figure out a way to limit the other team to around 20 points a match & they will be in with a good shot of winning a stack of games.

dhills2
13th October 2009, 11:20 AM
they are chasing Jason Cayless,Lote Tuqiri,Jeff Lima
and are expected to get 2 of the 3

Lima should be #1 on the priority list... then Cayless IMHO.

Sydney Hacker
13th October 2009, 11:23 AM
Surely you aren't planning on having Arana Taumata for the full season ?

The guy is a train wreck waiting to happen, how many clubs has he been sacked from now ?

dhills2
13th October 2009, 11:28 AM
At least two :) - but I'm not overly concerned if he crashed & burns as I'm a Dogs supporter. I just think the kid has the potential to be a top player if he straightened himself out... maybe he needs to go to church with the Parra preachers.

Jarro
13th October 2009, 09:16 PM
Lima should be #1 on the priority list... then Cayless IMHO.

I heard we were on the cards to sign Cayless ? :-s

jaybam
13th October 2009, 09:41 PM
Go Parra !!!!!

Eldrick
15th October 2009, 05:06 PM
J.Cayless to tiggers for 2 years

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/jason-cayless-returning-nrl-3073385

Jarro
15th October 2009, 05:17 PM
Ok cool.

I thought he was coming to the Broncs that's all.

PeteyD
15th October 2009, 08:50 PM
Go Tiggers!

jaybam
15th October 2009, 09:05 PM
Go Parra !!!!!

Fraser
15th October 2009, 10:46 PM
storm have lost 1 of the assistant coaches (maguire i think) to the british super league.
wont be long till kearney goes too i reckon.
He will want his own team soon.

Tongueboy
16th October 2009, 10:04 PM
!

Jarro
17th October 2009, 05:29 AM
I wonder if they'll fix up that stupid 'obstruction' rule before next season ?

Grunt
17th October 2009, 07:31 AM
If they were to fix up rules they actually have to get the referees to enforce them. Some that need fixing and then enforcing are;

Obstruction - Is a hard one to get right but it certainly needs work as now a defensive player can tackle a decoy runner and 95% of the time they will get the penalty
Grounding the ball - make it that you have to actually ground the ball with control, none of this tip of the finger shit.
Player playing the ball off the mark - no stepping sideways to get the markers not square.
Line drop outs actually taken at the line - would fix it up quick smart if they penalise a few early in the season. 2 points instantly for the other side.
Tidy up the scrum make them pack, not this 12 guy stand/hold arms in a rabble and the half throws the ball toward his lock.
Drop the interchange more, maybe to 6-8. Make players get fit. If they dont get fit the little fit guys will turn the back half of the game into a skilled showing of what they can do.
Better still drop it entirely and have the old 4 reserves game and make it a battle like it used to be.
And most important of all, train the refs to be refs not celebrities. Your job is to referee the rules. If a player makes an infringement, penalise him. If he does it a again, you penalise a again. Both his fellow team mates and his coach will soon get sick of that. If it goes further give him a rest in the Sin Bin.
No telling a player is offside, they do this to work out how far they can be offside or if he is watching. The players have to know they are doing the wrong thing and if they are, they are going to get penalised not warned. A player offside does not have to actually tackle the attacking player to impede the play.

Rant over.

Tongueboy
19th October 2009, 09:34 PM
and **** melbourne off

mike
20th October 2009, 12:27 AM
If they were to fix up rules they actually have to get the referees to enforce them. Some that need fixing and then enforcing are;

Obstruction - Is a hard one to get right but it certainly needs work as now a defensive player can tackle a decoy runner and 95% of the time they will get the penalty
Grounding the ball - make it that you have to actually ground the ball with control, none of this tip of the finger shit.
Player playing the ball off the mark - no stepping sideways to get the markers not square.
Line drop outs actually taken at the line - would fix it up quick smart if they penalise a few early in the season. 2 points instantly for the other side.
Tidy up the scrum make them pack, not this 12 guy stand/hold arms in a rabble and the half throws the ball toward his lock.
Drop the interchange more, maybe to 6-8. Make players get fit. If they dont get fit the little fit guys will turn the back half of the game into a skilled showing of what they can do.
Better still drop it entirely and have the old 4 reserves game and make it a battle like it used to be.
And most important of all, train the refs to be refs not celebrities. Your job is to referee the rules. If a player makes an infringement, penalise him. If he does it a again, you penalise a again. Both his fellow team mates and his coach will soon get sick of that. If it goes further give him a rest in the Sin Bin.
No telling a player is offside, they do this to work out how far they can be offside or if he is watching. The players have to know they are doing the wrong thing and if they are, they are going to get penalised not warned. A player offside does not have to actually tackle the attacking player to impede the play.

Rant over.
Totally agree with you Grunt. I'd like the 'not marking square' rule looked at. Sooooo many times this year I saw a player penalised when they had in fact been directly in front of the play-the-ball.
I like your idea of the old 4 reserves game. Unfortunately that ain't gonna happen.

and **** melbourne off
We must be twins.

Tongueboy
20th October 2009, 08:50 AM
i think i am taller but think the same

and that is a worry

WBennett
20th October 2009, 09:58 AM
So Melbourne get the ass because they are better than everyone else?

Who do you want in your comp Souths fans? Norths, Souths, Newtown and Glebe and that's it?

3oneday
20th October 2009, 10:09 AM
Mikes a Saints fan, hates teams that beat him regularly ;)

Tongueboy
20th October 2009, 01:25 PM
because i don't like the pricks. simple as that.

WBennett
20th October 2009, 01:57 PM
That's ok Tongueboy - we are entitled to our own opinions. I still don't think Souths should ever have been re-admitted. And I am no Storm fan either...

mike
20th October 2009, 02:14 PM
I can't list the reasons I hate the Melbourne Storm. I don't have time.

Tongueboy
20th October 2009, 03:41 PM
That's ok Tongueboy - we are entitled to our own opinions. I still don't think Souths should ever have been re-admitted. And I am no Storm fan either...

but we were and thats that

dc68
20th October 2009, 03:45 PM
And the Storm are in and that's that. I am also of the opinion that the Bunnies should have been flicked forever.

Tongueboy
20th October 2009, 03:48 PM
go and drive a bus

3oneday
20th October 2009, 04:12 PM
Souths have bought well enough for a top 8 next year.

Just like they did last year.

and the year before that.

Good to see they've given up on nuturing their own hey ;)

Jarro
20th October 2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah, i can't really see the Bunnies doing any better next year than they did this year.

The Dogs either for that matter :p

Tongueboy
20th October 2009, 07:07 PM
gotta follow them because there my team

ParMaster
20th October 2009, 07:15 PM
Grunt what is the difference between the "Scrum" these days and the scrum 20 years ago?

I only know that there are basically no turnovers now in the scrum but that in the "olden days" it used to be nearing 50/50 (Quote my dad) as to who would win the ball.

Grunt
20th October 2009, 07:54 PM
Puppet,
A scrum used to be a contest where each team had a chance at winning possession of the ball. It was maybe 75/25 towards the side with the loose head and the feed.

Now it is a 20 second rest break for the players followed by a front rower running the ball off the half or 5/8. And no the front rower was not in the scrum the winger was. It is a joke.

mike
20th October 2009, 10:33 PM
Yep. A hooker with a fast strike could turn a game. Those were the days.

Eldrick
20th October 2009, 10:41 PM
i loved it this year when the tigers coughed up the ball just so Farrah could throw a few in the scrum to square things with Watts

mike
19th November 2009, 12:00 AM
Looks like Dragons and Broncos are doing a swap. Boyd for Wallace.

Seems Boyd is homesick and Wallace wants to play for a good team.:)

Dragons are holding a press conference Friday.

May be just a rumour, too.

MegaWatty
19th November 2009, 12:19 AM
Boyd was good for the Drags. Shame to let him go!

steverawlo
19th November 2009, 02:34 AM
Stupid rules they need to get rid of -

#1 - A player seems to be tackled but doesn't hear the ref call held, plays on (keeps running or offloads) and gets penalised while in possession. Just send him back to play the ball ffs. He's already lost momentum by not getting a quick play the ball.

You see this all the time and it shits me to tears.

Jarro
19th November 2009, 09:57 AM

Why the hell would we swap a bloody good halfback for yet another winger/fullback ? :-s

I hope it's not true ..... i think Wallace is a really good fit for our team.

sms316
19th November 2009, 10:00 AM
Perhaps the Dragons want someone in the halves who isn't shit scared of being tackled?

Broncos are getting the raw end of the deal.

Sydney Hacker
19th November 2009, 10:02 AM
Why the hell would we swap a bloody good halfback for yet another winger/fullback ? :-s

I hope it's not true ..... i think Wallace is a really good fit for our team.

The only reason they would consider it is if they are going to play the boozehound Tim Smith next year.

Even then it would be very very short sighted as Lockie will be gone within a year or so and they will need a second half.

And it would only be a matter of time before Smith is caught drinking/bashing someone...

Grunt
19th November 2009, 10:05 AM
Is Tim Smith up there? Have not heard where he is going lately. Did hear he may go back to Parramatta but that has died down.

sms316
19th November 2009, 10:09 AM
Who cares? He's ****ed in the head.

Sydney Hacker
19th November 2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah he has signed to play for Easts up in Brisbane, which pretty much means he will trot out for the Bronc's at some stage this year. He was overseas for a year.

Jarro
19th November 2009, 10:17 AM
IMO, Smith has to have a very productive, trouble-free year with easts before he can even be considered for a gig at the Broncos. Ben Hunt would be a much better option if something happens to Wallace.

According to the League forums, this whole Wallace/Boyd swap thingis all a huge rumour anyway

Sydney Hacker
19th November 2009, 10:26 AM
Smith should not be allowed anywhere near the Bronco's period. He is trouble waiting to happen.

After the rubbish that went down last year, they have a chance to clean the club up and move forward. Getting a well known piss head/toolbag is not the way to go !

Jarro
19th November 2009, 10:27 AM
The only thing i'll say in Smiths defence here is that he is now near his family, which may help to calm him down and concentrate on football.

3oneday
19th November 2009, 10:55 AM
The only thing i'll say in Smiths defence here is that he is now near his family, which may help to calm him down and concentrate on football.

Wasn't mummy holding his hand in Sydney ?

He's a better half than Wallace, but Wallace isn't a tool.

Jarro
19th November 2009, 10:57 AM
Wasn't mummy holding his hand in Sydney ?

He's a better half than Wallace, but Wallace isn't a tool.

I was under the impression his whole family was up here in Brisbane ? :?

Anyway, i agree about Wallace .... he's a lot more dependable than Smith.

Yossarian
19th November 2009, 05:29 PM
Go storm!

Jarro
19th November 2009, 05:58 PM
Go storm!

Piss off hippy !!

:p

KristianJ
19th November 2009, 06:27 PM

Assuming true rumour, I wonder if Darius will be able to string more than 3 words together at at time if he's there.

steverawlo
25th November 2009, 05:01 PM
What would your NRL All Stars team be?

Lockyer, Marshall, C Smith and A Blair have to be in it - Aus/NZ capt and v-capt. 16 other players, one from each club, make up a squad of 20.

1. Slater
2. Lawrence
3. Jennings
4. J Morris
5. B Morris
6. Lockyer
7. Marshall
8. Moi Moi
9. SMith
10. Blair
11. O'Donnell
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Tongue
15. Mannering
16. D Taylor
17. A Minichiello
18. N Kenny
19. N Friend
20. Gidley

Fraser
25th November 2009, 09:19 PM
19 N Friend.
Would that be Nathan?
Tough little hombre

Fraser
25th November 2009, 09:51 PM
greg bird found not guilty......

Courty
25th November 2009, 09:53 PM
My mail was that the Titans were going to sign him as long as he got off the charges.

Jarro
26th November 2009, 06:51 AM
Hopefully he can leave all the crap out of his game now too.

I still remember that cheap knee to the head he gave some bloke a few years ago ..... one of the cheapest shots ever :smt011

Grunt
26th November 2009, 06:39 PM
Hopefully he can leave all the crap out of his game now too.

I still remember that cheap knee to the head he gave some bloke a few years ago ..... one of the cheapest shots ever :smt011

Was in a Souths Game and he was a thug then. He is also getting feelers from the Bronco's too.

CobraSS
27th November 2009, 08:17 AM
My mail was that the Titans were going to sign him as long as he got off the charges.

Bird linked with the Bronco's as well as Titans, Cowboys this morning on the Channel 9 news.

Jarro
27th November 2009, 08:41 AM
We don't need him, we need prop forwards ...... badly !!!!

3oneday
27th November 2009, 08:46 AM
How funny would that be, "Bird one of the Broncos finest !"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheNuclearOne
13th December 2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26479425-5012980,00.html

and we begin again

Courty
13th December 2009, 12:47 PM
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26479425-5012980,00.html

and we begin again

Did it ever end? :neutral:

TheNuclearOne
13th December 2009, 12:54 PM
True Courty.

Ned
14th December 2009, 08:52 PM
And continuing..................................

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl/news/article/-/6583497/roosters-hooker-friend-arrested

Jarro
14th December 2009, 08:56 PM
Brian Smith will sack him for this, and his other discretions.

The NRL is (supposedly) adopting a harder stance on offield discretions next year.

terrys
14th December 2009, 09:08 PM
Gallen is just a peanut, but Friend has real problems. He has to go.

Scottt
16th December 2009, 11:27 AM
DUMB DUMB DUMB Another one bites the dust!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/newcastle-knights-star-danny-wicks-arrested-20091216-kvts.html

These guys are getting to be beyond a joke.

Sydney Hacker
16th December 2009, 11:28 AM

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/newcastle-knights-star-danny-wicks-arrested-20091216-kvts.html

Bit like the rugby nutters running around at the moment...:roll:

Scottt
16th December 2009, 11:30 AM
The whole lot of them are just out of control. It's ridiculous.

3oneday
16th December 2009, 11:36 AM
The whole lot of them are just out of control. It's ridiculous.

tis true, but there is no other winter sport worth watching either ;)

Scottt
16th December 2009, 11:43 AM
I just wonder how the powers-that-be lost control so comprehensively.

Sydney Hacker
16th December 2009, 11:57 AM
I just wonder how the powers-that-be lost control so comprehensively.

What makes you think they ever had control ?

This is shit that has gone on for years and years, however society has now changed and the smallest incident now gets reported and is considered unacceptable.

Sportsmen in general, not just footballers, aren't the smartest tools in the shed, it takes a fair bit to sink into their heads that they can't do it.

Scottt
16th December 2009, 12:01 PM
SH, that may be true. But the NRL boys just seem to consistantly over-achieve.

I follow a fair bit of sport around the world and I can't think of another competition with more players getting up to no-good off the field.

3oneday
16th December 2009, 01:04 PM
Gallen, whilst a goose, is one of several hundred thousand guys in Australia who have pissed somewhere other than a urinal. For pissing to make the news is indicative of the society we now live in where the media looks to highlight anything negative.

Can we be fined for pissing against a tree on the golf course ?

Jarro
16th December 2009, 01:11 PM
I agree Peteyboy, the NRL lads aren't angels but surely the media are getting a little too intrusive these days

Grunt
16th December 2009, 02:22 PM
They are being followed from pillar to post looking for a story and unfortunately a fair few of them are giving that story. I think they could follow anyone else of that age with that much free time and cash and see if them get in just as much trouble.

AlexMc
16th December 2009, 10:37 PM

I beg to differ Scottt - tremendous result for the Knights. The guy was on $220K a year and was an absolute waste of space. Frees up some salary cap and we'll lose nothing!

Grunt
30th December 2009, 07:37 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/mason-decides-bellamys-storm-is-the-club-for-him-20091229-lit4.html

3oneday
30th December 2009, 07:42 AM
He needs a no nonsense coach, and really he should have 2 or 3 more good years in him. I hope he does well.

Scottt
30th December 2009, 08:04 AM

He had one at Belmore and decided he knew better and was bigger and more important than the blokes around him - players and staff alike.

He then did the same at Bondi, and I have no doubt his stint in Melbourne will pan out the same way.

3oneday
30th December 2009, 08:06 AM
We'll see, I'd be surprised if his contract wasn't a little tighter than before.

Scottt
30th December 2009, 08:09 AM
I guarantee that by round 13 he has... Hang on... that didn't play out so good last time :lol:

3oneday
30th December 2009, 08:09 AM
$50 ?

Jarro
30th December 2009, 08:22 AM
I guarantee that by round 13 he has... Hang on... that didn't play out so good last time :lol:

Welcher

jimandr
30th December 2009, 12:58 PM
What happened to the rich pickings of rugby, particularly in Japan?

Surely Danny Wiedler wasn't flying a kite on behalf of Willie with all those stories he was writing about the concrete offers he was receiving.

Bad decision by the Storm. This can only end in tears.

Tongueboy
30th December 2009, 01:03 PM
they deserve the kocksucker

Jarro
30th December 2009, 01:14 PM
Who knows, Bellyache might end up getting a couple of good years out of Mason after all :-k

3oneday
30th December 2009, 01:40 PM
Surely Danny Wiedler wasn't flying a kite on behalf of Willie
what has this pelican ever done anyway ?

Jarro
30th December 2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26536831-5018866,00.html

He might not lob at the Storm just yet :-s

Eldrick
30th December 2009, 02:57 PM
would love to know what they are paying for him
they get it sweet with salary cap concessions anyway
one of thing i love in league is gooses like him getting hammered

3oneday
30th December 2009, 03:18 PM
SMH, worlds worst newspaper ? Sounds to me as though Willie is simply trying to keep his name in the papers. First Celtic Crusaders and now this.

The bloke will almost be on match payments IF he finds a club ! Maybe they guessed Melbourne because Johnson left and they think this is the only club cashed up enough ?

Grunt
30th December 2009, 06:32 PM
Just on Nine news that the story came from Bellamy. Storm will have to lose a player to fit him in and the Roosters have a big payout to give.

Jarro
30th December 2009, 06:35 PM
If he goes anywhere it'll be overseas where the big dollars are

Tomo
30th December 2009, 06:52 PM
Good riddance.

PeteyD
30th December 2009, 08:14 PM
Who'd want him?

Bruce
30th December 2009, 09:09 PM
Please not down here. We worked so hard to get rid of Fev. They even look similar.

PerryGroves
30th December 2009, 10:04 PM
If he goes anywhere it'll be overseas where the big dollars are

Thanks Danny Weidler.

Mason is toxic, there are still clubs that take his types, they are few and far between. Buy trouble, get trouble.

Todd Greenberg, Michael Searle, know their game, their franchise will not survive Mason and his ilk.

I wish League was still as I grew up, but if I ran a club, Todd G, is the guy to follow.

Yossarian
30th December 2009, 10:07 PM
Go storm!

PerryGroves
30th December 2009, 10:21 PM
Go storm!

Do you know anything about League, or just adding to your posts?

Happy if you do, but you will be the 1st WA/half arsed yarpie/ first gen Pom who can discuss League.

Jarro
30th December 2009, 10:22 PM

Happy if you do, but you will be the 1st WA/half arsed yarpie/ first gen Pom who can discuss League.

:shock:

Yoss mightn't know a helluva lot about league, but he sure knows who he likes to support ;)

Yossarian
30th December 2009, 10:24 PM

I Yossarian, post boosting? I am shocked and appalled sir that you would suggest such a thing. OZGolf mod please, I feel besmirched.

:wink:

League is for meatheads. 8)

Jarro
30th December 2009, 10:26 PM
I Yossarian, post boosting? I am shocked and appalled sir that you would suggest such a thing. OZGolf mod please, I feel besmirched.

:wink:

settle petal [-X

Yossarian
30th December 2009, 10:28 PM
settle petal [-X

Sorry gay meatheads. :razz:

I'll get out of your thread now.

PerryGroves
30th December 2009, 10:33 PM

Ouch, you have hurt me. After living amongst the filth (Victorians) for more years than I wanted I have never heard the meathead line.

Sure you are better?

3oneday
31st December 2009, 01:54 AM
Sorry gay meatheads. :razz:

Sure you are better?
He's a third of the way there. A hint, he isn't sorry and he aint a meathead ;)

Eag's
4th January 2010, 10:23 PM
When will this dropkick learn :roll:
http://www.news.com.au/national/league-star-set-mans-pants-on-fire/story-e6frfkvr-1225816061557

Scottt
4th January 2010, 10:46 PM
He won't Eag's, so the league needs to f**king grow a pair and start banning wankers like him.

3oneday
5th January 2010, 12:42 AM
Liar liar !!!!

;)

Eldrick
5th January 2010, 12:46 AM
Time to invoke the "no dickhead" policy across all clubs
Apparently they are trying to educate to young guys as they come through
the U20's so it should only take a few seasons the filter them out
the guy isn't even that good

Scottt
5th January 2010, 12:55 AM
Eldrick, we just don't hear about the U20s because they are not famous yet.

Arana Taumata and that wanker from the Roosters are proof they aren't learning a damn thing.

It's funny because a few years ago the default defence was "they're not doing anything normal blokes in their 20s don't do" and the mungoes seem to have taken that as a challenge to lift themselves to another, previously unseen, level of stupidity and illegality.

WBennett
5th January 2010, 07:14 AM
Carney was throwing full schooners at people at the Coogee Bay Hotel a month or so ago.

He is an absolute dickhead, from a family full of dickheads. He's still banned from his home town. Some people will never, ever learn.

Jarro
5th January 2010, 08:24 AM
Carney was throwing full schooners at people at the Coogee Bay Hotel a month or so ago.

He is an absolute dickhead, from a family full of dickheads. He's still banned from his home town. Some people will never, ever learn.

It's hard to imagine a strict disciplinarian like Brian Smith would even want a loose cannon like Carney in his squad for a start.

I can't imagine Smith will keep him if he keeps up with this sort of behaviour ..... same with Brisbane and Tim Smith.

sms316
5th January 2010, 08:26 AM
Anyone want to have a bet on whether Carney will be suspended for an off-field indiscretion by round 10?

Grunt
5th January 2010, 08:31 AM
It's hard to imagine a strict disciplinarian like Brian Smith would even want a loose cannon like Carney in his squad for a start.

I can't imagine Smith will keep him if he keeps up with this sort of behaviour ..... same with Brisbane and Tim Smith.

He was signed before Brian Smith signed. So he might love that he has done this before the season starts.It gives him a reason to get rid of him.

Jarro
5th January 2010, 08:34 AM
Anyone want to have a bet on whether Carney will be suspended for an off-field indiscretion by round 10?

I'll bet you a 6-pak of 4'n'twenties :p

He was signed before Brian Smith signed. So he might love that he has done this before the season starts.It gives him a reason to get rid of him.

Yeah Grunt .. i thought as such.

I'd find it hard to believe that Smith would want him at the club. Same reason why Smith ditched mason too i'd imagine .... he's too much of a liability.

sms316
5th January 2010, 08:37 AM
I'll bet you a 6-pak of 4'n'twenties :p

Should I ask Scottt for advice on betting against you?

:-s

3oneday
5th January 2010, 08:45 AM

define OFF field please ?

;)

Jarro
5th January 2010, 08:48 AM
Should I ask Scottt for advice on betting against you?

Why bother, he doesn't have a clue.

define OFF field please ?

;)

Stick to the pro-shop fella [-X

3oneday
5th January 2010, 08:50 AM
Maybe there should be a bet on who ****s up first, Tim Smith or Carney

Grunt
5th January 2010, 08:52 AM
They should be in the same Long Bay A grade team that plays in the Souths Juniors comp under guard each weekend.

Grunt
11th January 2010, 03:21 PM
Just heard some horrible news for the Bronco's

Justin Hodges has torn his Achilles at Training and will be out of action for a minimum of 6 months.

Was told it may come out either tonight or tomorrow.

sms316
11th January 2010, 03:27 PM
Sucked in. Couldn't happen to a better prick.

3oneday
11th January 2010, 03:58 PM

Justin Hodges has torn his Achilles at Training and will be out of action for a minimum of 6 months.

failed a drug test then ?

Grunt
11th January 2010, 04:03 PM
failed a drug test then ?

Could have but if he really has torn his achilles, he will struggle to get back this year. Slow recovery period. If it is drugs he will be fit as straight away.

Jarro
11th January 2010, 04:11 PM
We've got plenty of young'uns to fill the void.

At least he'll be nice and fresh for the finals 8)

Grunt
11th January 2010, 04:13 PM
Confirmed !!

Gee my contacts are good.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26575610-5018866,00.html

Jarro
11th January 2010, 04:15 PM
Did your contacts also tell you that Melbourne Storm CEO Brian Waldron is quitting the club to take up a position with the new melbourne Rah-Rah franchise ?

Grunt
11th January 2010, 04:17 PM
No, but the Hodges one has more bearing on the premiership.

Was on the radio at lunchtime for that news.

Jarro
11th January 2010, 04:21 PM
If it was on the radio at lunchtime then your contacts should've known about it.

I think it has a helluva lot to do with the premiership quite frankly

3oneday
11th January 2010, 04:23 PM
It'd be a sure way to get paid out and asked to leave the premises pretty darn smartly I'd say !

Grunt
11th January 2010, 04:24 PM
Well I was talking to him after it was known about, so it is not a scoop when it is already on the news.
Hodges is way bigger as he was going to fill K Hunts Fullback spot. Changes the make up of the team in a big way now.

Jarro
11th January 2010, 04:24 PM
Didn't he come from a GAYFL background anyway ?

Bet they threw a shitload of $$$$$ at him 8)

Grunt
11th January 2010, 04:25 PM
Didn't he come from a GAYFL background anyway ?

Bet they threw a shitload of $$$$$ at him 8)

Yes he did and his replacement is another AFL head.

Jarro
11th January 2010, 04:26 PM
Well I was talking to him after it was known about, so it is not a scoop when it is already on the news.
Hodges is way bigger as he was going to fill K Hunts Fullback spot. Changes the make up of the team in a big way now.

Hodges was not officially going to take Hunts spot ... only speculated about.

Talk up here is that Denan Kemp will play fullback for the Broncos this year.

Sydney Hacker
11th January 2010, 04:31 PM
Hodges was not officially going to take Hodges spot ... only speculated about.

Talk up here is that Denan Kemp will play fullback for the Broncos this year.

I always thought it would end up being Kemp, why else would you get him back ???? That crap about Lockie swapping back was absolute dribble also.

Tomo
11th January 2010, 04:33 PM
Hodges was not officially going to take Hodges spot ... only speculated about.

Huh?

Jarro
11th January 2010, 04:38 PM
Huh?

try again :mrgreen:

Eag's
11th January 2010, 07:33 PM
Hodges injury is a big blow, he adds a lot of spark to their attack and even more so in defense. The Broncos would want to have some good young players coming through to replace Hodges & Hunt.

Fraser
11th January 2010, 10:50 PM

agree with this a gazillion %
who's replacing Waldron?

TheNuclearOne
12th January 2010, 12:05 AM
Hodges injury is a big blow, he adds a lot of spark to their attack and even more so in defense. The Broncos would want to have some good young players coming through to replace Hodges & Hunt.

Hodges is an absolute game breaker for the Bronc's. Due to circumstance he didn't have his great year last year but what a player to lose.

3oneday
12th January 2010, 01:11 AM
Hodges is a cat http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14515&highlight=hodges&page=4
;)

matty
12th January 2010, 01:39 AM

couldn't agree more.

PeteyD
12th January 2010, 08:15 AM
Who cares, the Tiges will kill em all ;)

the_man
12th January 2010, 10:43 AM
GO THE KNIGHTS!

We can win it this year now that our boys are regularly drug tested & can no longer go on cocaine/ecstacy weekend benders.

mike
12th January 2010, 06:43 PM
Hodges is a fkwt. I hope it hurt.

matty
12th January 2010, 06:55 PM
Hodges is a fkwt. I hope it hurt.

Couldn't agree more. My most disliked player. EVER. :evil:

Jarro
12th January 2010, 07:01 PM
You guys would pick Hodges in your side any day.

He's one of the best centres going around (when fit)

sms316
12th January 2010, 07:02 PM
He wouldn't even get a start for NSW.

Eag's
12th January 2010, 07:05 PM
He would rather play netball than play for your hopeless lot.

sms316
12th January 2010, 07:07 PM
He would rather play netball than play for your hopeless lot.
He'd be one of the few netballers going around who likes c0ck.

PeteyD
12th January 2010, 08:24 PM
Hodges would be the first picked center by a mile you blue wankers. Don't particularly like the guy but he can play.

sms316
12th January 2010, 08:31 PM
I'd take either of the Morris twins over that nuff-nuff.

PerryGroves
12th January 2010, 08:33 PM
Hodges would be the first picked center by a mile you blue wankers. Don't particularly like the guy but he can play.

He would be about 1000 miles behind Greg Inglis (the famous Qlder from Bowraville) but you are probably right, we would take him assuming he could keep his mind on the job for the 3 games.

PeteyD
12th January 2010, 08:35 PM
Dunno about that, Inglis has got fat and unfit ... :)

Morris twins are up and coming, it will be interesting to see if they can be shut down. I think they are better value together too. That twin thing happening.

Hodges has the best kick chase of any centre in the game. I get to watch a lot of broncos games (for some reason), and the chase is totally different with him in the team.

Sydney Hacker
12th January 2010, 08:38 PM
I'd take either of the Morris twins over that nuff-nuff.

And that's why your loser team hasn't won in how many years !

Jarro
12th January 2010, 08:41 PM
And that's why your loser team hasn't won in how many years !

4 i believe 8)

PerryGroves
12th January 2010, 08:41 PM
Hodges has the best kick chase of any centre in the game. I get to watch a lot of broncos games (for some reason), and the chase is totally different with him in the team.

Whats your take on the Broncs this year without Hodges, looks like you can get better than even money for them to make the 8.

Sydney Hacker
12th January 2010, 08:44 PM
Whats your take on the Broncs this year without Hodges, looks like you can get better than even money for them to make the 8.

Take the odds, Hodges is a massive loss coupled with Hunt gone as well Bronc's will struggle.

Especially if we have to rely on drunken idiots like Smith !

Eldrick
12th January 2010, 09:45 PM

http://reneesbookaddiction.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/happy-happy-joy-joy.jpg

PeteyD
12th January 2010, 10:00 PM
Nice that, cheering someone's injury.

WBennett
12th January 2010, 10:04 PM
Its Justin Hodges. I'd also cheer if Todd Carney did an ACL.

Anyone want to have a crack at the Dickheads of the NRL First 13?

Shouldn't be hard. Number 7 should have about 10 choices (Carney, Smith, Joey Williams etc)

PerryGroves
12th January 2010, 10:19 PM

Shouldn't be hard. Number 7 should have about 10 choices (Carney, Smith, Joey Williams etc)

At 7, no debate, would have to be the grub from NQ, Thurston.

No Manly blokes would be in the 13.:lol:

mike
12th January 2010, 11:28 PM
You're kidding, right?

mike
12th January 2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah you must be. I missed the smilie.

Eldrick
12th January 2010, 11:32 PM
only because you need to be able to play footy as well :)

MegaWatty
12th January 2010, 11:52 PM
The luckiest Dragons supporter in the West award goes to.....ME!

Saints coming over for another pre-season match!!!

2 years in a row!!!

Last year it was on Saturday Feb 14....MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY! I stayed at home.

This year it's on Sunday.......Feb ****en 14!

And yes. It's also Valentines Day.

Tittyman
13th January 2010, 12:16 AM

Roosters

PerryGroves
13th January 2010, 12:23 PM
The luckiest Dragons supporter in the West award goes to.....ME!

Saints coming over for another pre-season match!!!

2 years in a row!!!

Last year it was on Saturday Feb 14....MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY! I stayed at home.

This year it's on Sunday.......Feb ****en 14!

And yes. It's also Valentines Day.

Get everyone along to the game, time to indocrinate them in the losing culture MW (well, the last 30 years anyway)

3oneday
13th January 2010, 12:50 PM
Wasn't Hodges out for several weeks last year ? I can't see why one player would make that much difference when Folau slots straight into his preferred position.

Jarro
13th January 2010, 02:24 PM
Hodgo has missed about 18 games in the last 2 seasons.

We'll cover for him alright, young outside backs are our strength at the moment 8)

Sydney Hacker
13th January 2010, 03:06 PM
Wasn't Hodges out for several weeks last year ? I can't see why one player would make that much difference when Folau slots straight into his preferred position.

Falou isn't worth a pinch of shit at centre IMO. In fact I think he is a massive liability in defence.

Even as a winger he is lucky he can jump, because he isn't really that quick and still gets found out of position at times.

3oneday
13th January 2010, 03:10 PM
Sorry, not a Qldr, don't care ;)

Sydney Hacker
13th January 2010, 03:13 PM
Sorry, not a Qldr, don't care ;)

That's understandable... but at least he can still manage to jump over you blue bastards at origin time :lol:

Tongueboy
13th January 2010, 03:28 PM
have we started this shit already?

Go the Bunnies:smt038

3oneday
13th January 2010, 03:30 PM
yep, woohoo, go Bunnies.

Again.

Should do well.

Again.

:roll:

;)

Tongueboy
13th January 2010, 03:32 PM
watched the Parra Manly GF on Fox when zip zip and Ray Price used to play a couple of weeks ago. Jeez Manly were a bunch of grubs!
Haven't changed either

Tongueboy
13th January 2010, 03:34 PM
and Terry Lamb. Ellery Hanley still hasn't seen that backshot!!

Tongueboy
13th January 2010, 03:34 PM
on fire. going to take some meds

Grunt
13th January 2010, 05:37 PM
Hodgo has missed about 18 games in the last 2 seasons.

We'll cover for him alright, young outside backs are our strength at the moment 8)

Hope you cover him with that turnstile that played in the centre when the Bunnies smashed the Bronco's last year. He was really good!

Jarro
13th January 2010, 06:59 PM
Hope you cover him with that turnstile that played in the centre when the Bunnies smashed the Bronco's last year. He was really good!

Yeah we probably will.

That was a great win to you guys, propelled you onto greater things 'eh ;)

Tongueboy
13th January 2010, 07:36 PM
went down well for us didn't taste so good for you blokes.

and now Mr Scoop that fw Danny Weilder reckons Willie is going to the Tiges

Eldrick
13th January 2010, 09:59 PM
he won't be welcome there while folkes is around

Courty
13th January 2010, 10:12 PM
and now Mr Scoop that fw Danny Weilder reckons Willie is going to the Tiges

Cool. That'll be 3 tall nuffies when he joins Laurie & Galloway. ;)

Titans = Top 4 8)

KristianJ
18th January 2010, 09:56 PM
I know it's UK Super League, but former Bronco Terry Matterson lost a finger in a freak accident "overnight":

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/2811844/Cas-boss-Tel-loses-finger.html

TheNuclearOne
18th January 2010, 10:15 PM
Has this been posted?

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/57448/manly-pair-assaulted-by-three-men/default.aspx

Eldrick
18th January 2010, 10:30 PM
Has this been posted?

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/57448/manly-pair-assaulted-by-three-men/default.aspx

"They weren't even out and about, they were just waiting for a cab outside Matai's place and they were attacked. It's a bit of a sad reflection on society when that sort of thing happens."

HA

Grunt
19th January 2010, 06:04 AM
"They weren't even out and about, they were just waiting for a cab outside Matai's place and they were attacked. It's a bit of a sad reflection on society when that sort of thing happens."

HA

Is something sus though, if they were not even out why is it in the police report says a Narraweena man and a Harbord man were attacked at Beacon Hill? If one was outside their home would it not have read a bit differently?

matty
19th January 2010, 09:14 AM
its very,very,very,very rare that people get attacked for no reason.

PerryGroves
19th January 2010, 10:09 AM
its very,very,very,very rare that people get attacked for no reason.

Mmmmm, I'm a Manly supporter but you put the combined brain power of those two blokes together and you don't come up with much.

Mind you I have seen Watmough out recently and he has been on what looks like mineral water.

1.30am and headed out, there was gonna be trouble somewhere.

Eldrick
19th January 2010, 04:50 PM
Is something sus though, if they were not even out why is it in the police report says a Narraweena man and a Harbord man were attacked at Beacon Hill? If one was outside their home would it not have read a bit differently?

yeah locations sound fishy but i dont know the area that well

what i did find funny was that when footy players get into trouble or scuffles
the old "boys will be boys" or "they aren't doing anything that other people their age aren't" lines get rolled out

but from Graham Lowe's quote you would think that its society has reverted back to the apes

mike
23rd January 2010, 12:41 AM
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/yumbotto/Broncos.jpg

MegaWatty
23rd January 2010, 12:43 AM
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/yumbotto/Broncos.jpg

+1

PeteyD
23rd January 2010, 06:47 AM
That's funny coming from a St George supporter.

Jarro
23rd January 2010, 08:12 AM
That's funny coming from a St George supporter.

yeah, exactly what i thought too :lol:

mike
23rd January 2010, 08:48 PM
oops

Grunt
25th January 2010, 02:44 PM
Another hot tip for you guys!!

Mason to be a Sea Eagle in 2010, announcement later in the week!.

There goes Manly this year, imagine him getting on the turps with Watmough!

PeteyD
25th January 2010, 03:06 PM
Yah, the tigers rumour was wrong! Excellent.

Grunt
25th January 2010, 03:08 PM
Only Tigers thing I am hearing is that Lote may not come back from England. Likes the anonymity.

Sydney Hacker
25th January 2010, 03:16 PM
Another hot tip for you guys!!

Mason to be a Sea Eagle in 2010, announcement later in the week!.

There goes Manly this year, imagine him getting on the turps with Watmough!

Red hot tip out of yesterday's paper that one....

Jarro
25th January 2010, 03:23 PM

:lol:

I thought as much.

Feleti Mateo to leave the Eels after this season too i'm led to believe :-k

Grunt
25th January 2010, 03:28 PM

Sorry don't read papers, came from a mate in the NRL fold, Maybe the same person that the paper got its story from too.

KristianJ
25th January 2010, 04:42 PM
Sorry don't read papers, came from a mate in the NRL fold, Maybe the same person that the paper got its story from too.

I smells a Weidler "scoop"...

Tongueboy
25th January 2010, 07:19 PM
****in' Danny is good

sms316
3rd February 2010, 09:29 AM
This wanka should fit in nicely at the Broncos.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/introducing-new-broncos-recruit-kristian-wanka/story-e6frexnr-1225826190116

:lol::lol::lol:

Eldrick
3rd February 2010, 09:44 AM
This wanka should fit in nicely at the Broncos.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/introducing-new-broncos-recruit-kristian-wanka/story-e6frexnr-1225826190116

:lol::lol::lol:

Shame K.hunt is no longer there that would be a mouthful for Rabs

3oneday
3rd February 2010, 10:35 AM
How appropriate.

Eldrick
3rd February 2010, 11:02 AM
pity the Perth Reds aren't in the comp anymore

steverawlo
3rd February 2010, 12:14 PM
Heading to the all stars game next weekend. Should be a beauty.

sms316
3rd February 2010, 04:22 PM
jarro of Deception Bay Posted at 9:31 AM Today

That guy is my cousin. I'm a Wanka and I'm proud of it.
Comment 18 of 91

Jarro
3rd February 2010, 04:27 PM
Wanka

KristianJ
3rd February 2010, 11:31 PM
That's not me, thankfully.

PeteyD
4th February 2010, 09:21 AM
Still nowhere near the worst sporting name ever ...

http://weeklydrop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/rusty-kuntz-baseball-card.jpg

KristianJ
4th February 2010, 04:02 PM
Tigers have confirmed they have Lote on a 3 year deal:

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=22318&wests-tigers-sign-lote-tuqiri-for-three-years

PeteyD
4th February 2010, 08:33 PM
Awesome for the tigers!

Sucks to be a cows supporter!

jaybam
4th February 2010, 08:42 PM
I am getting the shits with all these deserters who piss off for a few years to make some extra money then come running back when they realise they werent good enough to play rugby in the first place. If they leave to play rugby they shouldnt be alowed back for five years at least.

3oneday
4th February 2010, 09:07 PM
Nathan Hindmarsh is making some announcement about his future on MMM tomorrow morning apparently.

Eldrick
4th February 2010, 09:22 PM
Nathan Hindmarsh is making some announcement about his future on MMM tomorrow morning apparently.

Fmd i'll have too listen to those dicknipples
it better be good news

Hux
4th February 2010, 09:34 PM
Mason confirmed to be a Cowboy this year.

Poor old Cowboys supporters. Gunna have to put shit on my boss about this for sure.

KristianJ
4th February 2010, 11:58 PM
Don't know what to make of this...

I just spotted a comment by one of my Facebook friends to another one (who's a hardcore Souths fan) where she said that the Rabbitohs is being investigated for salary cap breaches. Her husband is involved with the Eels (the stadium manager, I think), so possibly a reasonable source.

Jarro
5th February 2010, 06:00 AM
Souths have been rorting the salary cap for years.

They have to pay overs or else nobody would wanna play for them :p

3oneday
5th February 2010, 07:22 AM
And they still go so well ;)

Daves
5th February 2010, 07:48 AM
So how long before Willy gets his willie out in Townsville? Meathead didn't deserve contract anywhere!

3oneday
5th February 2010, 07:56 AM
He's only 29, and since when does being a meathead stop you from playing league anyway ? He's done no worse than Wendell Sailor, Matthew Johns or Andrew Johns ;)

Daves
5th February 2010, 08:00 AM
My meathead reference is to his on field performances, his off field pales in comparison.

3oneday
5th February 2010, 08:27 AM
Fair enough, although he is now playing for his future after signing a one year deal. Also claims to have now fully recovered from the knee op, but I'm sure he will be closely monitored by the media :)

matty
5th February 2010, 08:36 AM
Thank Christ I don't go for the Cowboys. Was bad enough when we had him at the doggies. He and SBW almost destroyed the club. Looked at him at the roosters.

Look at the dogs without him. I bet the Roosters will do a lot better without him too.

What do the Cowboys have to gain from him?

His 20 minute game time before going off will be reduced to 15 with the tropical heat i reckon. Add that to his disruptive attitude towards the players and club and it's a recipe for disaster.

PerryGroves
5th February 2010, 10:56 AM
So how long before Willy gets his willie out in Townsville? Meathead didn't deserve contract anywhere!

Daves,

The problem is the bloke can play when he wants to, he is always gonna get a contract, its just a price issue.

He is not a marquee player anymore, some would say never was. If you get him at the right price and limit his stupidity (no easy task) then he is a good pick up.