PDA

View Full Version : had my first lesson

ozdevil
27th September 2009, 06:08 PM
Gday All

today i had my first lesson of golf in 38 years of my life...and only a dozen or so games in those 38 years i think i did well...

my golf pro made me feel relaxed and explained things well to me that was very easy to understand

he said to me you may not like it but we have to start of with the grip and it will feel uncomfortable at first... Is i used the locking griup since i have started and changing to the way the instructor showed me it does feel uncomfortable...

he showed me how it was important to align myself up and be comfortable with how my stance is..

I have a long way to go in my opinion...

he stated to me for someone who has only played a handful of games you already have alot of skill to the game and it wont take long to refine that..

he said i strike the ball very well and clean for a beginner...

wether that is just to boost my ego i don't know but i am just taking this all in as a great learning curve and trying to get good habits in my game rather then bad habits before it is far to late

anyway look forward to my next lesson next saturday and i hope by then i have my grip down pat and have taken in what the instructor has said

terrys
27th September 2009, 06:24 PM
Nice work. Glad it went well!

Russ
28th September 2009, 05:27 AM
Nice going mate!

First lesson was the same for me (and probably most people). Grip & Posture - everyone gets it wrong. Feels very weird now, but you'll be surprised at how quickly you become comfortable with it.

Good luck.!

Just for reference, can you jot down the name, place & cost for the instructor? Might be helpful for anyone else coming aboard that is looking for lessons in your area.

Tongueboy
28th September 2009, 07:23 PM
I remember a mate of mine had a lesson from Terry Hayes at Tamworth years ago. now victor was a chopper. just bad. a classic case of absolutley no effing idea how to play. the longest club he could hit was a 6 iron. anything longer he could not get in the air. anyway Terry takes him for his lesson and after 45 minutes he brings him back to pro shop and gives him his money back!!!! He said he couldn't do anything with him.
Poor old Victor. He was hopeless.

PeteyD
28th September 2009, 07:46 PM
Haha. I ain't heard of anyone that bad.