PDA

View Full Version : to carry or not to carry ????????

Jarro
3rd February 2005, 09:22 PM
.. currently i'm using Trungies old beat up Ogio Shock carry bag. The straps just broke again and i'm wondering whether or not it's worth fixing.

Lately though i've been playing with a lot of folks that use buggies and i'm starting to wonder whether i should go back to one myself :?

opinions please :roll:

terryand
3rd February 2005, 09:31 PM
I'm draggin em ATM...

Tend to carry when its a bit cooler.

Terry.

goughy
3rd February 2005, 09:31 PM
I just posted this, but golfworld at toowoomba has 3 nike air tour carry bags like maccas for about $170 each. That's as cheap as for this bag. Maybe some stores in brissie have them too.

On flatter ground I think it's as much a muchness, but I do find it easier carrying over hilly ground. And when I'm in a rush I like just grabing my bag and walking off without have to put a buggy together. I've got better things to do with that 30 seconds :roll:

AndyP
3rd February 2005, 09:45 PM
Start a poll. :mrgreen:

I'm all for carrying. I don't think it takes any more out of you, than what a pull buggy does. I even turned down a ride in a cart the other day. :wink:

McMw
3rd February 2005, 10:01 PM
i've stopped carrying for a long time...would explaing the expanding belly... :oops:

I just drive that little bit faster to the club, and just open up the trolley, and whack the bag on it, walk to the tee box, and do the clips on when I'm there... :lol:

I've only had the bag fall off once... :lol:

damoocow
3rd February 2005, 10:48 PM
ah Jarro - you have too many clubs - this is why you have a dilemma my little grasshopper - get a smaller carry bag, reduce your number of clubs to 10 maximum, your bag will be much lighter and you can blame any bad scores on having a bag so freakin small you can't fit enough clubs in it - try it - you know you want to - only fags use buggies.

damoocow

terryand
3rd February 2005, 10:59 PM
ah Jarro - you have too many clubs - this is why you have a dilemma my little grasshopper - get a smaller carry bag, reduce your number of clubs to 10 maximum, your bag will be much lighter and you can blame any bad scores on having a bag so freakin small you can't fit enough clubs in it - try it - you know you want to - only fags use buggies.
damoocow

Well Damo...Hello Sailor http://deephousepage.com/smilies/hearts.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/kiss5.gif

I'll be thinkin of you next time I draggin my ar$e and buggy around the course http://deephousepage.com/smilies/hug.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/1luvu.gif

So do you think I should do the manly thing and throw the clubs back over the shoulder before the closet door is wide open http://deephousepage.com/smilies/spanka.gif

Terry.

damoocow
3rd February 2005, 11:14 PM
Tez - make sure you do your stretches before carrying again - I'll be right behind you giving you a bit of help.

damoocow

terryand
3rd February 2005, 11:22 PM
Tez - make sure you do your stretches before carrying again - I'll be right behind you giving you a bit of help.

damoocow

I usually only do a quick touch the toes for a stretch before a game, do you think that will do :smt102

Terry.

damoocow
3rd February 2005, 11:42 PM
I won't take that long .

damoocow

markTHEblake
3rd February 2005, 11:47 PM
much easier to do that now that you can see them, hey Tez :P

Jarro, how does your back hold up after carrying your clubs?

I'll be iin a wheelchair for a week if i carry. In fact the last time i did that my physio gave me a clip over the earhole and called me a thickhead when he found out. Said something about it being one of the dumbest things i could do to my back, even if i alternate shoulders regularily.

I thought about buying a carry bag anyway, becuase they are obviously lighter (?), easier to travel with, and my cars have been shrinking over the years (or is it that the boot is full of wife and kids crap)

Trung
4th February 2005, 12:07 AM
I have a carry bag and use a pull buggy with a seat. I love to seat down waiting for the green to clear 300m away. :twisted:

Carry bag is good for the range and my small car. :D

Jarro
4th February 2005, 06:25 AM
looking more and more likely that i'll go with the buggy again .... especially since Damo said not to :roll:

Blakey, i get a few twinges in my back now and then, although i attribute that to my job more than the carrying the clubs around.

Trung, i like the idea of keeping the carry bag for practise sessions. I'm pretty lucky in the fact that the dunny-door i drive has a rather large boot ... so fitting a buggy and bigger bag in there isn't a problem 8)

Anyone use one of those buggies with the 3rd wheel at the front :?: they look super-easy to push around..... might get one of those :wink: then all i need is a nice Srixon/Titleist/TaylorMade staff bag :D

3oneday
4th February 2005, 07:36 AM
I have a carry bag and use a pull buggy with a seat. I love to seat down waiting for the green to clear 300m away. :twisted:

Carry bag is good for the range and my small car. :DI'm with Trung, although I prefer to sit down :P :P

A carry bag on a buggy is so much lighter than a normal 9 incher as well 8) :lol: :lol:

Pete

McMw
4th February 2005, 10:04 AM
waiting for the green to clear 300m away. :twisted:
god....you're one of THOSE.... :roll:

BrisVegas
4th February 2005, 10:27 AM
I carried for a couple of years when I lived OS. It's certainly good exercise, but I found out eventually that it was hurting my back. One of the things I swore I would do when I got settled back in Oz was to buy a decent seat buggy. I had never owned one. I doubt I'll carry again, unless I'm on hols or something. I even bought a big cart bag with all the pockets oriented to the front for cart/buggy use (not that I use it much, but still...) Oh, and I can carry my drink cooler and bucket and towels and umbrella and 40 spare golf balls using the buggy.

The other bonus with a seat buggy is having somewhere to perch while waiting for slow players. :wink:

Ona
4th February 2005, 10:33 AM
carry, except when I know it's going to be a slow round, or if im stuck behing Trung :twisted:

Trung
4th February 2005, 11:45 AM
waiting for the green to clear 300m away. :twisted:
god....you're one of THOSE.... :roll:

:smt112 :smt110

markTHEblake
4th February 2005, 06:05 PM
I'm with Trung, although I prefer to sit down :P :P

OH god....you're one of THOSE?

Mate I am an aussie bloke, I'll do it standing thanks.

Jarro, you gunna sell that broken bag?

Jarro
4th February 2005, 06:18 PM
Jarro, you gunna sell that broken bag?

No. I'll keep it in the boot of the car for when i go and practise after work.

mike
4th February 2005, 11:41 PM
Got myself a Hogan carry bag a month ago and much prefer to carry.
No back pain yet. Shoulders got a bit sore the first time I carried it. OK now.
As long as the body holds up I can't see myself wheeling around again.

Jarro
15th February 2005, 11:58 AM
well ......

.. i played today and for the first time in ages i used a pull cart. The difference was amazing .... even though i played like crap, i found i felt soooo much better after the round. The new buggy is a beast (thanks Jono :wink: ) it's a BagBoy Smoothie model with the 3rd wheel at the front.
Great buggy.. can't recommend them enough :smt023

Trung
15th February 2005, 12:04 PM
The new buggy is a beast (thanks Jono :wink:
Jono came to Carnarvon with an electric buggy. Your not far away Jarro. :wink:

amanda
15th February 2005, 12:05 PM
be careful with that buggy jarro - Jono's always had a mind of it's own - we saw it wander off a fair few times at Shellharbour!

Jarro
15th February 2005, 12:09 PM
be careful with that buggy jarro - Jono's always had a mind of it's own - we saw it wander off a fair few times at Shellharbour!

funny you mention that Amanda. A couple of times i left it on the side of the greens only to turn around and find it slowly rolling away :shock:

never tipped over though :wink:

Trung ... i'm a long way off an electric cart mate. I'll wait 'till you get sick of yours and i'll buy it 'eh :wink: :lol:

Jarro
15th February 2005, 12:20 PM
jarro

Do you have one of those special clamps to hold your umbrella up on those hot sunny days ? :roll: :smt061

not yet.

I saw a few of the old girls today that had them on their buggies. I reckon i could've hidden behind a tree and jumped them so i could nick theirs.

Jono
15th February 2005, 12:59 PM
The new buggy is a beast (thanks Jono :wink:
Jono came to Carnarvon with an electric buggy. Your not far away Jarro. :wink:

I knew I wasn't going to get away with it ... :lol: :lol:

Well ... since I was playing on a granny course with a host who hits his irons granny distances, I thought I'd play the part and borrow my mum's electric buggy ... :twisted:

Actually, I was going to carry, but it was a bit too early in the morning and I thought it would be a good chance to test out the electric buggy I got for mum on ebay. The guy sells these (Greenwell buggies) pretty cheap but the motor is pretty weak. I had to push it most of the time. If you are looking for something to drag you up the hill, this ain't it.

I've recently lost my 8 iron (have no idea where I left it) and didn't miss it one bit on Sunday. Makes me think that I should play with just 10 clubs which would make it much easier to carry. Makes you manufacture little half shots as well.

Jono
15th February 2005, 01:14 PM

funny you mention that Amanda. A couple of times i left it on the side of the greens only to turn around and find it slowly rolling away :shock:

never tipped over though :wink:

Trung ... i'm a long way off an electric cart mate. I'll wait 'till you get sick of yours and i'll buy it 'eh :wink: :lol:

Jarro,

Be careful when you park that thing. Make sure the wheels are perpendicular to the slope. Also, the buggy is not good for getting cart lifts. (ie. you sitting on the cart and holding the buggy to the side of the cart). The buggy starts rocking sideways because of the suspension and eventually it will fall over. See that scratch mark on the bottom of the seat? That happened at Shell Harbour when Amanda was trying to give me a lift on the cart. Oh ... Amanda's driving didn't help matters ... :wink: :lol:

Glad you like the buggy, mate.

amanda
15th February 2005, 01:37 PM
Oh ... Amanda's driving didn't help matters ... :wink: :lol:
Yes - I admit - I'm an awful cart driver! Thank goodness I drive a car well :lol:

Jarro
15th February 2005, 03:29 PM
Glad you like the buggy, mate.

thanks again Doc 8)