PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Thursday 22 October Redcliffe Cops & Robbers Day

Hux
25th September 2009, 06:30 PM
Folks

If anyone is interested the Redcliffe Police Charity Golf Day ie the Cops & Robbers Day is on 22 October 09.

Field is 7am & 12md shotgun starts.
Cost $35 including a feed at the end.
Comp is single stab so not so many robbers as in a ambrose.

I am playing 7am if anyone is keen to join me.

Can get a few groups in either time slot if people are interested.

STARTERS
1. Hux (46pts)
2. PeteyD (28pts)
3 Daves (33pts)
4 Raazar (38pts)

PeteyD
25th September 2009, 06:32 PM
Pencil me in with ya pending recovery.

Hux
25th September 2009, 06:36 PM
Pencil me in with ya pending recovery.

Want me to book a cart to save you some stress on the injury? I remember what it was like for me when I had mine done. Plus shotgun means could be walking out a distance to start....will pull strings with the organiser though if you want to walk.

ddasey
25th September 2009, 06:40 PM
I had this day all lined up then.....change of shift and off to Indy I go :smt013

Tex
25th September 2009, 07:10 PM
I should be there too but a mate from work is organising the 12 start I think - if we have spare spots I will drop the details in here for anyone interested

PeteyD
25th September 2009, 07:25 PM
Cart would be good thanks Craig

Hux
25th September 2009, 09:58 PM
Cart would be good thanks Craig

Righto will book it this week to make sure.

markTHEblake
25th September 2009, 10:42 PM
weell you guys definitely wont be the cops...

Hux
14th October 2009, 07:46 PM
Pete

Cart booked. 7.30 shotgun. 7am rego.
You live southside don't you? We can hook up for travel if you like.

PeteyD
14th October 2009, 08:06 PM
Bayside. I like driving and will probably have to get kids. Just waiting to be sure the wife can take them to school (she is checking tomorrow, should all be good!).

Daves
17th October 2009, 08:29 PM
Any spots left for this one?

PeteyD
17th October 2009, 09:36 PM
I am all good to go now! Looking forward to it.

Hux
18th October 2009, 09:54 AM
Dave

Will see how the time sheet is looking. Anyone else interested to make the 4?

7am reg for 7.30 shotgun

razaar
18th October 2009, 09:57 AM
I'll step up to the plate Hux if there is a spot.

Hux
18th October 2009, 10:28 AM
Excellent we have a 4.
I have advised the holder of the time sheet.
1. Hux
2. PeteyD
3. Daves
4. Raazar.

Dave and Ray...shotgun start. Pete and I are carting - hate shotguns for walking especially early. So ring and book a cart at Reddy if interested.

Elsewise see you at 7am.

Hux

Daves
18th October 2009, 10:38 AM
Excellent we have a 4.
I have advised the holder of the time sheet.
1. Hux
2. PeteyD
3. Daves
4. Raazar.

Dave and Ray...shotgun start. Pete and I are carting - hate shotguns for walking especially early. So ring and book a cart at Reddy if interested.

Elsewise see you at 7am.

Hux

Great thanks Hux, looking forward to the day. Confirm I have rung the Pro Shop and booked a cart for the morning session.

nudgee
18th October 2009, 01:31 PM
put me down as first reserved if anyone wants to pull out.....

Daves
20th October 2009, 09:56 PM
I am driving up to Reddy from Cleveland on Thursday morning if anyone needs a lift?

Hux
20th October 2009, 10:03 PM
Guys

Registration is actual 6.30am hit off is 7am. Hope this suits everyone. My stuff up I was right in the first post.

Dave....yes happy to share. I am just off the Gateway (roughly) at Cannon Hill - 5 mins inbound from Wynnum Rd. Will take us less than 30mins from my place so 6am my place if you care to. If not no biggy.

PeteyD
20th October 2009, 10:07 PM
oh crap

Now I gotta leave earlier. I'll have to kick you in da nuts.

Daves
20th October 2009, 10:08 PM
Guys

Registration is actual 6.30am hit off is 7am. Hope this suits everyone. My stuff up I was right in the first post.

Dave....yes happy to share. I am just off the Gateway (roughly) at Cannon Hill - 5 mins inbound from Wynnum Rd. Will take us less than 30mins from my place so 6am my place if you care to. If not no biggy.

Sounds good Hux. PM your address and phone number when you get a chance.

Cheers

Dave

razaar
20th October 2009, 10:09 PM
See you all there bright and early.

Hux
20th October 2009, 10:12 PM
oh crap

Now I gotta leave earlier. I'll have to kick you in da nuts.

Ya telling me nothing. My nuts will still probably be home in bed asleep. Actually I am heading to work not a lot later than 6.15 so not a huge issue. Think that after a feed you will be home for a kindy earlier!!

markTHEblake
20th October 2009, 10:22 PM
more likely you will be striking him in the knee with your groin, and am pretty sure that it is still an offence in qld to assault a police officer in that fashion

Hux
20th October 2009, 10:29 PM
more likely you will be striking him in the knee with your groin, and am pretty sure that it is still an offence in qld to assault a police officer in that fashion

I leave work a long way behind anywhere near a golf course..I get more than enough at work to not want to be reminded on the course. Rules of golf is No Shop - well at least with the QPGC.

And you never know...about the height...my favourite song in the shower is "swing low sweet chariot" :mrgreen:

PeteyD
21st October 2009, 07:26 PM

I used to be able to kick over my head.

I have had one of THOSE days today, so am looking forward to getting away from everything tomorrow!! See you there nice and early!

Daves
21st October 2009, 07:43 PM
Do we have to bring our own doughnuts?:mrgreen:

Hux
21st October 2009, 09:17 PM
Mmmmmm donuts droool

PeteyD
21st October 2009, 10:16 PM
Day got worse. Mainboard on old clunker computer died. Thankfully I had a spare :D

Hux
22nd October 2009, 02:23 PM
Well gents thanks for a great day out. Reddy is playing well with greens slowly recovering from the coring.

A champion day out - one of those days where you are happy you got out of bed early. :smt023

Scores are up - I think I got them right. I'll leave the stories to you.

just
22nd October 2009, 02:29 PM
1. Hux (46pts)

I thought you were supposed to be a cop, not a bandit.

Hux
22nd October 2009, 02:34 PM
I thought you were supposed to be a cop, not a bandit.

Just warming up for the champs mate. It'd have been 47pts if I played off my AGU not my social club HCP :oops:

Ned taught me everything I know :mrgreen:

Daves
22nd October 2009, 03:23 PM
Will be interesting to see if his score survives the Forensics and CSI investigations that have now been ordered!:lol:

Thanks for the great day Hux, highly recommend these Police are Burglars:mrgreen: days to anyone that gets a chance to get to one.

Cheers

Dave

PeteyD
22nd October 2009, 04:43 PM
Was a great day. Plenty of fun, and things are slowly coming back. Best I have hit the ball since the operation so far. Thanks for organising Hux!

razaar
22nd October 2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the day Hux, Pete and Dave; three cops and one robber in our group. The one with the fourball score is the baddy. Nice shooting Hux.

Ned
22nd October 2009, 07:08 PM
Just warming up for the champs mate. It'd have been 47pts if I played off my AGU not my social club HCP :oops:

Ned taught me everything I know :mrgreen:

I don't resemble that remark, remember you are in the job for catching the bandits so anything you have learn't is from your work, I just enforce the court ordered detention!!:wink:

Hux
22nd October 2009, 11:34 PM
Hey guys

Guess who was overall winner for the day...apparently riches and accolades await me...well some trophy and a digital camera anyway.

razaar
23rd October 2009, 06:03 AM
What....46 points won? Well done mate.

PeteyD
23rd October 2009, 07:08 AM
Well Done!

Daves
23rd October 2009, 07:50 AM
Well you would never have thunk!:lol:

Congrats. :smt038

Hux
23rd October 2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks guys...I put it down to the great company.

Actually as a chopper I put a lot down to Pete writing down the scores so that the first I knew about having a decent score was on the last when he asked what sort of score normally won these days. Not thinking about anything bar the next shot stops the mind thinking too far ahead and then stuffing up.

Eag's
23rd October 2009, 09:11 PM
Nice shooting Hux, but the wrong time of year to lose shots of the Hcp with the Champs around the corner :wink:

Ned
23rd October 2009, 09:13 PM
Nice shooting Hux, but the wrong time of year to lose shots of the Hcp with the Champs around the corner :wink:

Eags, thats why its called Cops and Robbers, it was a social club day, nothing done to GA handicap!:roll:

Hux
23rd October 2009, 09:23 PM
Yep true story. Its run by the Police Golf Club so as a member I have to play off my social handicap (which was a stroke less than AGU anyway). Not sure what I will get chopped by as the handicapping is done fairly adhoc. You get chopped on suspicion as well as for play sometimes. Anyway this time they have me fair and square so expect to lose a few.

Playing in the comp at Bribie tomorrow so will be hoping some level of form remains from Thursday so I can post an honest score. I care little about winning the champs - I have a NY resolution to keep and only 2 months to achieve it.

Eag's
23rd October 2009, 09:23 PM
Well in that case Hux is the short price favourite :mrgreen:

BrisVegas
23rd October 2009, 09:30 PM
hux - can you put a link to your golflink in your sig please! I think we've got a smokey.

Ned
23rd October 2009, 09:36 PM
hux - can you put a link to your golflink in your sig please! I think we've got a smokey.

:smt046

Hux
23rd October 2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=4130303267

Nothing to be proud of there. Been getting worse since I got the hcap...that or Bribie hates me cause I only play like shit there.

razaar
24th October 2009, 01:12 AM
Pelican Waters is a different kettle of fish to Reddy and IMO tougher than Bribie. Easy to rack up some big numbers at Pelican, especially if you find yourself in some of those deep bunkers.

Daves
24th October 2009, 11:56 AM
Pelican Waters is a different kettle of fish to Reddy and IMO tougher than Bribie. Easy to rack up some big numbers at Pelican, especially if you find yourself in some of those deep bunkers.

Let the mind games begin :mrgreen:

Hux
26th October 2009, 05:51 PM
Razaar. You got 4th in A Grade with your 38 pts mate.

http://www.qpgc.org.au/pages/winners.htm

I'll find out about your prize and collect for you.

Hux

razaar
26th October 2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks Hux....I've won something yeehah.:wink: