PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story...

TourFit
23rd September 2009, 10:59 PM
I played The Vines today (Ellenbrook) and the group behind us were some younger guys who obviously didn't know the finer points of etiquette.

Anyway we were on the 2nd green when a ball trundled up to about 20m short...a LONGGGG drive of about 325m (they were off the white markers). Later, on the 6th I had just hit my 2nd from the left edge after an OK drive and a ball landed in the fairway past me by 20m and then bounded on down to within 30m of the green. Same guy...

On the next tee there was a wait, and I asked him how far his GPS had measured his drive. 354m was the answer !!! WTF... My partner said he must have a good driver, and he proceeded to pull it out of his bag...a TourFit 420 9* with my 'S' flex TourFit 6528 shaft (not kidding). I didn't recognise him due to him being lighter in weight, with no beard and that it was nearly 4 yrs ago. And after he saw the clubs in MY bag he realised who I was...

I told him that it was a nice touch, trying to kill me with one of my own clubs...later in the round he asked for a card and said he wanted to come and see me to get a matching 3W and 5W !!!!

Johnny Canuck
23rd September 2009, 11:01 PM
My aim was just a little off. I'll get you next time.

TourFit
23rd September 2009, 11:06 PM
Nope...this guy didn't talk funny :mrgreen:

Golfnut
23rd September 2009, 11:13 PM
Good story TF......I just grin in awe of those that can get the ball out there like that.....I bet you were as proud as punch after seeing what he was swinging?

TourFit
23rd September 2009, 11:23 PM
Yep, sure was. Had a large grin for the next couple of holes. They were two of the longest drives I've ever seen, and definately the longest I've almost been hit by :mrgreen:

Didn't have the heart to upsell by telling him that there's a 'newer' model coming...

Golfnut
23rd September 2009, 11:27 PM
I'm sure you'll get the opportunity when he comes in for some of that good 'ol fashioned service :)

Pieface
24th September 2009, 10:26 AM
That is some big hitting! Would make for a good testimonial on the webpage.