PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh military tattoo

amanda
3rd February 2005, 11:06 AM
Even though yesterday afternoon in Sydney was very bleak, the weather held off and we had an excellent evening at the dress rehersal for the Edinburgh Military Tatto :D Tickets were only $30 for Qantas Frequent Flyer members and money raised from ticket sales went to a tsunami charity (I'm not sure which one)

I love pipe bands and they were spectacular - excellent drumming and marching displays.

If anyone ever gets a chance to go to this - I defintely recommend it!

Andrew
7th February 2005, 10:50 PM
Amanda,

My parents-in-law were there tonight. My wife & I bought them tickets for their Christmas present. They love that stuff.

markTHEblake
7th February 2005, 11:58 PM
Blimey, the Tattoo, now Africa. whats next, trekking the Himalayas?

amanda
8th February 2005, 09:17 AM
Not quite Blakey - given all the turmoil in Nepal at the moment, we are definitely staying away.

After Africa, we have decided that Tassie will be our next adventure - including the overland track at Cradle Mountain.

markTHEblake
8th February 2005, 11:40 AM
i guess you are trying to fit it all in before the dreaded 'k' word is mentioned. good luck to ya.

BrisVegas
8th February 2005, 01:29 PM
After Africa, we have decided that Tassie will be our next adventure - including the overland track at Cradle Mountain.

You'll love Tasmania. We were there in August and had a great time. Be careful you don't Love it too much though... we came back to Brisbane with a baby... :lol:

I can recommend some things to see and do when you're ready to plan your trip. Can't help you with the baby thing though... you're on your own there! :wink: