PDA

View Full Version : Is it gay to 'High 5' a playing partner after making a putt.

mike
19th September 2009, 12:57 PM
Not mentioning any names for fear of incrimination, this happened a couple of times today and just didnt feel 'right'.

What's the consensus here?

Webster
19th September 2009, 01:11 PM
tis the worst kind of golfing gayness.

Golfnut
19th September 2009, 01:27 PM
There's a certain "Rubics Cube Putting Freak" that enjoys the odd high 5 after draining a putt.

haysey
19th September 2009, 01:27 PM
Very, very ghey. You'd never catch me doing it....

Jarro
19th September 2009, 02:06 PM
Nothing wrong with it at all

Tongueboy
19th September 2009, 02:10 PM
very faggotty

Tongueboy
19th September 2009, 02:11 PM
up there with fist pumping

Grunt
19th September 2009, 02:18 PM
How about the Birdie Dance. I have known some OzGolfers to participate in that.

simmsy
19th September 2009, 02:51 PM
it's gay if the putt is within 50ft. outside of that i think it might be allowable.

I would shudder if someone went to high5 me after making a 6footer.:roll:

TourFit
19th September 2009, 03:56 PM
I'll be high 5-ing everyone when I beat adlo in the 'Putt Off' at The Cut next week !!!! :mrgreen:

And no, it's not ghey...not unless it's done with the 'limp wrist flick' as well...

...ghey is scoring a goal in soccer and hugging and patting teammates on the arse !!

LarryLong
19th September 2009, 04:04 PM
I once played a couple of seasons of Volleyball for a mate's team - now that's the gayest sport ever, most teams seemed to high-five everybody in the team after every point.

High-fiving anybody on the golf course when you haven't won more than a million dollars as a result of the putt in question is unquestionably gay.

Yossarian
19th September 2009, 04:13 PM
I agree with post #11.

Golfnut
19th September 2009, 04:14 PM
I once played a couple of seasons of Volleyball for a mate's team - now that's the gayest sport ever, most teams seemed to high-five everybody in the team after every point.

Puts you off watching Volleyball.....i've even seen them high 5ing after they just lost the point!!! :shock:

Scottt
19th September 2009, 06:26 PM
I never instigate it, but if one of my playing partners raises the hand and has that look in his eyes, I'm not about to leave the poor bastard hanging!

WBennett
19th September 2009, 06:44 PM
But we all know you are a pillow biter Scotttt ;)

Tex
19th September 2009, 06:51 PM
The fist bump seems to be all the rage on tour atm :-s

Yossarian
19th September 2009, 06:55 PM
Actually if you successfully execute the top gun high five, as I may have once, that is pretty cool.

Dotty
19th September 2009, 07:24 PM
Actually if you successfully execute the top gun high five, as I may have once, that is pretty cool.
Would that be mimicking Tom Cruise ?

Start building the float Yoss, the parade is in 6 months.

Yossarian
19th September 2009, 07:29 PM
No I was clearly Val Kilmer.
8)

symowallo
19th September 2009, 07:30 PM
I go for the High Five if I make par on a hole because I'm such a sh*t player. Haven't been left hanging yet. But High Fiving on every hole-out is definitely gay.

Spider Lover
19th September 2009, 09:33 PM
Massively gay. We're not Americans. A simple 'top putt' or a 'well done' with sincerity will suffice.

Russell
19th September 2009, 09:55 PM
I never instigate it, but if one of my playing partners raises the hand and has that look in his eyes, I'm not about to leave the poor bastard hanging!

exactly right.i looked for a high five smiliey but couldnt find one:cry:

Johnny Canuck
19th September 2009, 11:53 PM
The hi five is only barely acceptable in an ambrose event with ****ing impressive prizes.

I only do it if I want to try and encourage a higher handicapper in the group after they have made a great putt. Even then, it is more of a low fist nudge.

exactly right.i looked for a high five smiliey but couldnt find one:cry:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/dietje-bucket/smiley/high_five.gif Can't leave a brother hanging!

simmsy
20th September 2009, 01:02 AM
I only do it if I want to try and encourage a higher handicapper in the group after they have made a great putt. Even then, it is more of a low fist nudge.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/dietje-bucket/smiley/high_five.gif Can't leave a brother hanging!

Don't even think about it tomorrow fwend!

adlo
20th September 2009, 01:54 AM
Anything over 10 feet gets a high five!

Scottt
20th September 2009, 05:42 AM
No high fives for Adlo then :lol:

just
20th September 2009, 06:36 AM
No, he gets plenty Scottt, he meant if it's over ten feet he is likely to get a 5 putt or more (a high five).

dc68
20th September 2009, 07:41 AM
High fives suck... I much prefer the knuckle bump.

Ferrins
20th September 2009, 09:29 AM
I have never been comfotable with this male partner bonding ritual. In Tennis when doubles is played they all do this soft low five between every single point. I watch my son play doubles and this compulsive hand tapping makes me cringe. Yesterday one of my group made a long down slope bending putt on the 18th at Nudgee and if you now the 18th at Nudgee this is a cause for celebration. Good moment that was tainted with a high 5.

PeteyD
20th September 2009, 09:31 AM
knuckle 5's are definately ghey - ask Poidda!! :D

markTHEblake
20th September 2009, 09:35 AM
if the Hi5 is warranted, whats going to happen when a Foursomes/4b/ambrose partner gets a hole in one?

Johnny Canuck
20th September 2009, 10:30 AM

No, he gets plenty Scottt, he meant if it's over ten feet he is likely to get a 5 putt or more (a high five).

Normally I would encourage this type of behaviour. However, I have already felt the pain of having him as a partner and miss 4 times on the same green on the same side of the hole.

Today we need to be positive. We will have him putting last to anchor the team.

henno
20th September 2009, 11:04 AM
Golfer69 and I went the high-5 after his hole in one at Wynnum.

Which reminds me. Is it gay to soap each other up in the clubhouse showers after a hole in one?

Johnny Canuck
20th September 2009, 11:07 AM
Leading towards a second hole in one?

Hux
20th September 2009, 11:26 AM
The total fascination with being gay here is quite worrying!!!

AndyP
20th September 2009, 12:06 PM
I think the term 'lame' would be more appropriate.

I bet gay people don't high five as much as straighties.

Yossarian
20th September 2009, 12:15 PM
But wouldn't that hurt the feelings of those that are born without fully functioning limbs?

parlyboy
20th September 2009, 01:44 PM
up there with fist pumping

Im glad you put the pump in "fist pumping"....:mrgreen:

parlyboy
20th September 2009, 01:46 PM
High 5 is ghey if you instigate the action, own iron covers, have a ball scoop and use ladies balls.

mike
20th September 2009, 01:58 PM
... and use a chipper.

Scottt
20th September 2009, 05:31 PM
I think the term 'lame' would be more appropriate.

I bet gay people don't high five as much as straighties.

I used to work with a gay bloke who told me that his partner once high fived him after a blowjob :lol: True story.

Normally I would encourage this type of behaviour. However, I have already felt the pain of having him as a partner and miss 4 times on the same green on the same side of the hole.

Today we need to be positive. We will have him putting last to anchor the team stop him poisoning the rest of us with his bad reads and non-existent feel.

All fixed JC ;)

Bruce
20th September 2009, 05:40 PM
Is it gay to high five the other guy while engaged in a spit roast?

Ferrins
20th September 2009, 05:50 PM
High 5 is ghey if you instigate the action, own iron covers, have a ball scoop and use ladies balls.
and own more than three hybrids

Ferrins
20th September 2009, 06:03 PM
What would you call out to these two guys at the moment of high five contact to express your strong convictions against this behaviour.

dc68
20th September 2009, 06:20 PM

I hope not........

kpac
20th September 2009, 06:28 PM
hi 5 is soooooo gay - stick to an ass slap for any encouragement!

Grunt
20th September 2009, 06:30 PM
Isn't it the ozgolf way to bag the guy for the birdie as he/she must be a burglar if they birdie?
Where would a high 5 fit in that situation?

sms316
20th September 2009, 06:56 PM
The Twelth Man summed it up in one of his CDs.

It's just a bit of seppo bullshit that the West Indies introduced. There's nothing wrong with a slap on the arse, a kiss, or even a dry root. It's certainly the most masculine way about showing your affection.

Jarro
20th September 2009, 06:57 PM
Remind me to never have a round of golf with you Shorn :shock:

Fishman Dan
20th September 2009, 07:29 PM

I suppose it all depends on what you're 'roasting'...

idgolfguy
20th September 2009, 07:55 PM

3 out of 4. I don't instigate. However, I'm polite enough to not leave them there hanging.

rhino62
20th September 2009, 07:58 PM
If I was playing someone that had a problem with hi 5's, lo 5's, fist pumps etc I would be doing it after every shot if possible.
The more you do it the more they whinge the less they focus - try it!!!:evil:

I would have thought that you guys were more macho than lawn bowlers but obviously not.:roll:

Fishman Dan
20th September 2009, 08:44 PM
If I was playing someone that had a problem with hi 5's, lo 5's, fist pumps etc I would be doing it after every shot if possible.
The more you do it the more they whinge the less they focus - try it!!!:evil:

I would have thought that you guys were more macho than lawn bowlers but obviously not.:roll:

You would go out of your way to deliberately annoy your playing partners? Are you sure that's a horn in the middle of your forehead Rhino?

rhino62
20th September 2009, 09:46 PM
You would go out of your way to deliberately annoy your playing partners? Are you sure that's a horn in the middle of your forehead Rhino?

annoy opponents - yes
partners - no

zacdullard
20th September 2009, 10:26 PM
Is it "Gay" for you playing partner to rub sunscreen on you?

yiCVLKU1PFM&feature=channel_page

Lucasto23
21st September 2009, 10:57 AM

Hell's No, its almost as good as having you first 3some with 2 women;)

Courty
24th September 2009, 03:20 PM

As long as there's no eye contact. ;)

Courty
24th September 2009, 03:22 PM
As for the original question... I haven't voted as the option I require isn't there. I have engaged in the odd high-five on the greens, but only when either myself or my partner has made a putt (usually for birdie) to take the lead or win the bet for the day.

billybaub
24th September 2009, 03:48 PM

In that situation an Eiffel tower is much more appropriate :P

Grunt
29th December 2009, 05:45 PM
Are fist pumps sometimes Gay?

Webster
29th December 2009, 06:16 PM
depends who you are fisting Grunt.

just
29th December 2009, 06:28 PM
If you get a bit squeamish this (http://www.femplay.com.au/woman/_04_belladonnas-magic-hand-dildo.html) may help.

Hux
29th December 2009, 06:48 PM
Are fist pumps sometimes Gay?

Generally unless you are Tigger who fist pumps 14 out of 18 ho's...sorry holes.

Grunt
30th December 2009, 07:27 AM
depends who you are fisting Grunt.:smt038

If you get a bit squeamish this (http://www.femplay.com.au/woman/_04_belladonnas-magic-hand-dildo.html) may help. How did you find this Just?

Generally unless you are Tigger who fist pumps 14 out of 18 ho's...sorry holes.

That is what i thought, I told a fellow ozgolfer his fist pump needed work as it looked Gay. He responded it was a Phil Mickleson type and that was it. Needless to say he never fist pumped again in the entire round.

AndyP
30th December 2009, 07:32 AM
The best way to do a fist pump or any celebration like that, is to mock yourself while doing it. That way noone takes it seriously, but you still get that outlet.

3oneday
30th December 2009, 07:37 AM
The best way to do a fist pump or any celebration like that, is to mock yourself while doing it. That way noone takes it seriously, but you still get that outlet.
yep, I fist pump regularly when making double.

High fiving is fine in an ambrose.

Moe Norman
30th December 2009, 08:04 AM
If the high fiver has iron covers, then he is certainly gay.

As for high fiving in general, I think it's acceptable to high five a partner if you are playing a match against the other 2 in the group and he drains a long putt, but I wouldn't do it and would mock those that do!

Scottt
30th December 2009, 08:06 AM
I think it's acceptable to high five a partner if you are playing a match against the other 2 in the group and he drains a long putt, but I wouldn't do it and would mock those that do!

What? Drain a long putt? :lol:

Fishman Dan
30th December 2009, 08:24 AM
High fiving is fine in an ambrose.

But Ambroses in general are gay.

markTHEblake
30th December 2009, 10:44 AM

I dont fist pump anymore, i do a Andy "Moses" Flintoff. Thats the ultimate in Non Gay.

razaar
30th December 2009, 11:25 AM
At least in golf we don't tap each other on the back side as they do in baseball. If it does happen to you on the course, run like the clappers.
:lol:

Jarro
30th December 2009, 11:27 AM
At least in golf we don't tap each other on the back side as they do in baseball. If it does happen to you on the course, run like the clappers.

You sure you didn't also mean to say basketball 'oh hairy one ;)

razaar
30th December 2009, 11:30 AM
I'm special.;)

Courty
30th December 2009, 04:07 PM
Iain chipped in for birdie in our game this morning. It gave us a nice leg up in the bet, but I resisted the high five. A nice little fist bump was forthcoming, though. ;)

3oneday
30th December 2009, 04:13 PM
Gayer

haysey
30th December 2009, 04:15 PM
Gayer

Yep

Courty
30th December 2009, 04:15 PM

You've confirmed Tomson's thinking. He'll never play with Solarman again. :lol:

adlo
30th December 2009, 05:05 PM
Does this also include riding your club like a horse?

You sure you didn't also mean to say basketball 'oh hairy one ;)
Basketball is not a bum tapping sport. Nothing like Cricket, AFL, Baseball etc. I played basketball for many, many years and the bum tap never happened. If it did, I think I would have found a new sport.

Iain chipped in for birdie in our game this morning. It gave us a nice leg up in the bet, but I resisted the high five. A nice little fist bump was forthcoming, though. ;)

That was prime high 5 material! You missed out!

razaar
30th December 2009, 05:23 PM
That deserved a chest bounce.
:wink:

WBennett
30th December 2009, 05:27 PM
I received a high 5 after my partner drained a 6 footer on 18 for a 4/3 to bring up 18 points for the round.

He needed to feel some sort of love after the round he had just suffered...

adlo
30th December 2009, 05:29 PM
Well done Benno, very gracious of you.

AndyP
30th December 2009, 05:31 PM
Does this also include riding your club like a horse?Absolutely. It's taking the piss at it's best.

adlo
30th December 2009, 06:18 PM
Classic AndyP.

I wanna play in your group at the champs.

AndyP
30th December 2009, 06:57 PM
Every year the draw is completely random apparently........ It's in the lap of the gods.

It's not all about riding the club though, adlo. You have to mix it up with Lleyton-esque Come Ons and Tom Cruise on Oprah ground punches.

Courty
2nd January 2010, 02:37 PM
Haysey high-fived me this morning after I made a 10.5m putt for a 2/4. 8)

For the record, it was completely heterosexual as no eye contact was made. ;)

adlo
2nd January 2010, 05:42 PM
Every year the draw is completely random apparently........ It's in the lap of the gods.

It's not all about riding the club though, adlo. You have to mix it up with Lleyton-esque Come Ons and Tom Cruise on Oprah ground punches.
Missed this reply AP. Very good :lol:

I can't wait.......

http://whitewatch.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/tom_cruise_oprah.jpg

Normally I might say well done, but you FNQ boys have me worried.

parlyboy
2nd January 2010, 08:18 PM
I received a high 5 after my partner drained a 6 footer on 18 for a 4/3 to bring up 18 points for the round.

He needed to feel some sort of love after the round he had just suffered...

I think the ' No high 5 ' rule will be in the 2010 members handbook Benno.

' Anyone in the club caught in this gay act will be made fun of back in the clubhouse. Eg laughed and pointed at. '

Daves
2nd January 2010, 09:33 PM
Aren't High 5s discriminatory to the likes of Jarro??!!:horse: :lol:
The problem with High 5s is they eventually lead to Low 5s, and then there is no turning back!

http://ehigh5.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/p1_tiger3.jpg

Jarro
2nd January 2010, 09:35 PM
Aren't High 5s discriminatory to the likes of Jarro??!!:horse: :lol:
The problem with High 5s is they eventually lead to Low 5s, and then there is no turning back!

http://ehigh5.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/p1_tiger3.jpg

On the contrary, i can high-5 BrisWesty, jaybam, Rusty, mike, Haysey's daughter ... no dramas.

adlo
2nd January 2010, 09:40 PM
On the contrary, i can high-5 BrisWesty, jaybam, Rusty, mike, Haysey's daughter ... no dramas.

Get over here for our champs and you'll struggle :mrgreen:

We will take pics though.

This is Jarro..... on a step ladder..... struggling to high 5 Pieface.

Mind you, Nuffie, idgolfguy and Tourfit will be glad to have your company.

Jarro
2nd January 2010, 09:42 PM
Get over here for our champs and you'll struggle :mrgreen:

We will take pics though.

Mind you, Nuffie, idgolfguy and Tourfit will be glad to have your company.

You guys have secret handshakes over there .... behind the back sorta stuff i'd reckon..... i'm not into that kinda stuff thankyou very much :shock:

parlyboy
2nd January 2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gay%20high%20five

adlo
2nd January 2010, 09:51 PM
You guys have secret handshakes over there .... behind the back sorta stuff i'd reckon..... i'm not into that kinda stuff thankyou very much :shock:
Heads up:
http://www.bartcop.com/secret-handshake.jpg

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gay%20high%20five

That is pretty funny.

Iain
2nd January 2010, 10:02 PM

The Nth Qlder's don't just ride the clubs, they "ride" the clubs!! And tomson "rides" anything he can get his hands on!!! :shock:

Courty
2nd January 2010, 10:05 PM
The Nth Qlder's don't just ride the clubs, they "ride" the clubs!!

What can I say... you visited during the 'Troppo' season. There is no such thing as normal behaviour at this time of year. ;)

haysey
2nd January 2010, 10:13 PM

Sigh. I thought that was gonna stay on the down low:-s

haysey
2nd January 2010, 10:16 PM
The Nth Qlder's don't just ride the clubs, they "ride" the clubs!! And tomson "rides" anything he can get his hands on!!! :shock:

I've had to put the bigbird headcover through the wash its been violated so many times:?

:mrgreen:

haysey
6th February 2010, 04:44 PM
Bucket hats, umbrella for shade and hi-5's all round. Deadset gheyer than Yoss:oops:

Courty
6th February 2010, 04:48 PM
Homo's... oh, wait!

;)

henno
6th February 2010, 09:05 PM
That's funny as heck. Saved.

Yossarian
6th February 2010, 09:12 PM
fbGkxcY7YFU

Seeing as I was brought into this.

Definately NSFW.

LarryLong
6th February 2010, 09:13 PM
Great pic. :)

The bloke in the middle must feel a bit left out - he's only getting a tiny bit of side-hand from you two blokes.

KristianJ
6th February 2010, 09:17 PM
Bucket hats, umbrella for shade and hi-5's all round. Deadset gheyer than Yoss:oops:

And poor Big Bird with the blood rushing to his head too.

haysey
6th February 2010, 09:27 PM
Great pic. :)

The bloke in the middle must feel a bit left out - he's only getting a tiny bit of side-hand from you two blokes.

The bloke in the middle is Solarman. He's lucky to get that:wink:

And poor Big Bird with the blood rushing to his head too.

That reminds me. It needs washing again:razz:

Eldrick
6th February 2010, 10:18 PM
fbGkxcY7YFU

Seeing as I was brought into this.

Definately NSFW.

Yoss,
you seem to have posted this in the wrong thread

AndyP,
can you move this to http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8288&highlight=ringtone

haysey
17th April 2010, 01:45 PM

Courty
17th April 2010, 01:47 PM

It's the pink shirt that makes Tomson gay.

LarryLong
17th April 2010, 03:40 PM
Interlocking fingers on a high five - extra ghey points there. :)

henno
17th April 2010, 05:40 PM
Both wearing white belts = 10 extra ghey points.

Hawkers2008
17th April 2010, 06:20 PM
Its too American so its gay by definition

3oneday
17th April 2010, 07:04 PM
Is someone about to run through the middle ?

Poofs

TheNuclearOne
17th April 2010, 07:11 PM

Poofs

Meat in the sandwich potential there LOL

KristianJ
17th April 2010, 07:19 PM

Poofs

Exactly...that's a barn dancing move if ever I saw one. All it's missing is an akubra and a flannelette shirt.

Tomson
17th April 2010, 09:16 PM
You're all haters to the High Five, shame on you.

haysey
17th April 2010, 09:18 PM
I think they're about to Eiffel tower Solarman:razz:

KristianJ
17th April 2010, 09:33 PM
You're all haters to the High Five, shame on you.

But the pose looks like it should be on a wedding cake.

Courty
17th April 2010, 09:39 PM
But the pose looks like it should be on a wedding cake.

It's Haysey's fault. If he was any decent sort of cameraman he could have caught it in real-time instead of making us pose while he faffed about getting the right shot. :roll: