PDA

View Full Version : Driver Comparison Data

Ned
18th September 2009, 06:18 PM
This (http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300720) maybe of interest to a few of you Ho's!:mrgreen:

adlo
18th September 2009, 06:49 PM
Bugger all in it

DracZ
18th September 2009, 06:59 PM
Too many different variables....they should all be using the same shaft at the very least. Pretty useless test.

Golfnut
18th September 2009, 11:21 PM
Only real bit of useful info is the mis-hits data imo.

virge666
18th September 2009, 11:40 PM
Not really - friggin useless unless they have exactly the same shaft in each club.

Totally and utterly useless.

Golfnut
18th September 2009, 11:47 PM
Sorry, what I meant was, I wouldn't nessecarily pick a driver based on its mis hits data but if I had narrowed it down to 2 dirvers, brand A v's brand B, this info could be useful.....for me anyway, knowing how many times I don't find the middle :)

But they're all much of a muchness I think....doesn't it usually come down to feel for each individual over LM data!?!?

Ned
18th September 2009, 11:52 PM
Not really - friggin useless unless they have exactly the same shaft in each club.

Totally and utterly useless.

No Pool Table Platform!;)

TourFit
19th September 2009, 12:07 AM
Not only do they need the same shafts in each of the test clubs, but they would also need them at exactly the same cpm (freq), swingweights, lengths etc...not to mention the exact CT characteristics of each head.

Any test can be made 'bogus' and made manipulable...

...factor into that that none of us are robots...

...and that robots have no sense of 'feel'...

...and we DO...and that it is different from person to person...

See what I mean???

virge666
19th September 2009, 12:30 AM
No Pool Table Platform!;)

Touche'

Any test can be made 'bogus' and made manipulable...

...factor into that that none of us are robots...

...and that robots have no sense of 'feel'...

...and we DO...and that it is different from person to person...

See what I mean???

Right with you bro. They all are meant to have a 830 COR therefore the distance arguement is totally defunct.

It all comes down the goose swinging the club.

TourFit
19th September 2009, 04:02 PM
Hey Virge, the 0.83 COR is THE MAXIMUM reading that it's allowed to have....

...but testing these days has changed somewhat to involve the CT (Characteristic Time) of each clubhead's face, which by the nature of manufacture IS VARIABLE (like weight, loft, lie, face angle etc).

In reality there are so many finite variables, that to do a 'truly' accurate test the amount of variation between the test heads has to be virtually none (and that is next to impossible).

virge666
19th September 2009, 05:16 PM
In reality there are so many finite variables, that to do a 'truly' accurate test the amount of variation between the test heads has to be virtually none (and that is next to impossible).

Agree completely.

I am just bored with the idea that one driver is longer than another. It just comes down to the numbers and then it is a tradeoff between distance and accuracy.

TourFit
19th September 2009, 10:10 PM
I too have long been bored with that argument...

...even with just one driver, my distances vary FAR MORE from swing to swing than from driver to driver !!!