PDA

View Full Version : Aust vs Poms ODI

virge666
18th September 2009, 02:13 PM
Did anyone see Punter's two run outs last night.

Absolutely sensational stuff.

Looks like we came into form after the Ashes . . .

henno
18th September 2009, 02:14 PM
Bloody magical. 7-0 whitewash here we come.

Sydney Hacker
18th September 2009, 02:22 PM
The best thing in my opinion to come out of the meaningless one-dayers is the form of Paine, both with the bat and the gloves.

It might make the selectors wake up and realise there is a better option behind the stumps then Haddin.

Paine's work with the gloves that I have seen so far has been good (a damn sight better then Haddin's anyway). Granted we haven't seen him keep up to the stumps on a low turner or anything but it does look promising.

virge666
18th September 2009, 02:24 PM
Paine's work with the gloves that I have seen so far has been good (a damn sight better then Haddin's anyway). Granted we haven't seen him keep up to the stumps on a low turner or anything but it does look promising.

Agreed - but Haddin hasn't done much wrong in the batting stakes.

Paines foot work is half a second better behind the stumps than Haddins though.

Sydney Hacker
18th September 2009, 02:30 PM
Agreed - but Haddin hasn't done much wrong in the batting stakes.

Paines foot work is half a second better behind the stumps than Haddins though.

Can't complain about Haddin's batting, but his keeping has been a big disappointment to me. For someone who has kept at the SCG for a large proportion I really thought he would be better.

Bruce
18th September 2009, 04:22 PM
Who cares if we win 7-0. They have The Ashes.

Yossarian
18th September 2009, 04:25 PM
What bruce said. How did we lose to these choppers.

Pieface
18th September 2009, 04:36 PM
What bruce said. How did we lose to these choppers.

Rubbish selections at Lords and The Oval and the 11 overs of tripe bowled at Monty and Anderson in Wales :cry:

Sydney Hacker
18th September 2009, 04:52 PM
Rubbish selections at Lords and The Oval and the 11 overs of tripe bowled at Monty and Anderson in Wales :cry:

Don't let the batsmen off ! How about 20 mins or so of crap batting that cost us a test also.

I couldn't agree more about rather having the ashes, but at least in Paine you can see someone who will become a mainstay of the test team for the next decade or so (hopefully).

raidrboy
18th September 2009, 05:41 PM
The best thing in my opinion to come out of the meaningless one-dayers is the form of Paine, both with the bat and the gloves.

It might make the selectors wake up and realise there is a better option behind the stumps then Haddin.

Pulled of a great legside stumping off Nathan Bracken in game 4 and his batting just keeps improving. Haddin will be under pressure this summer after looking a certainty for the job earlier this year.

Jarro
18th September 2009, 06:23 PM
That first runout of Pontings was pure class .... a full 360 before firing in and hitting middle stump :shock:

Bruce
20th September 2009, 08:09 PM
Andrew Strauss has been taking lessons from Derren Brown. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1uJD1O3L08)
He's won the toss again today to take it to 11/13.

4 of 5 in the tests
1 of 1 in T20
4 of 5 in ODIs

Getting to bowl before breakfast in Yorkshire in early autumn is quite an advantage.

sms316
21st September 2009, 08:20 AM
That Derren Brown vid is doing my head in.