PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got an old mobile ?

Keza_G
2nd February 2005, 10:16 AM
Yesterday Scott had a SPACK ATTACK at his mobile phone and let's just say it has gone to a better place........

So I have had a look on Ebay and dont really wanna pay $100 for a second hand peice of crap that just keeps going up in price.

He just needs something that he can put his SIM card into and he can make calls, answer calls and occasionally send an SMS.... Anyone got a peice of crap lying around that they no longer want or know where I can get something that can do the job ?

Let me know

kandsgadiner@ozemail.com.au or call me on 0411 720 100

Cheers

Keza

Fishman Dan
2nd February 2005, 10:23 AM
Hey KG,

Are you still on contract? Otherwise just go on contract and get the 'Freebie of the month' deal.

Sorry, no spares here - mum has my old 8210 (still one of the best phone's i've used).

Keza_G
2nd February 2005, 10:51 AM
Are you still on contract? Otherwise just go on contract and get the 'Freebie of the month' deal.

Yep, business plan with Optus.... I thought maybe I could just get him another one for now until the plan is renewed and he gets another one in about 5months

Cheers

Keza

Trung
2nd February 2005, 11:51 AM
I'm off contract for 2 months now and love it.

I have a Siemens SL55. One button is not working unless you press down really hard :oops: .

BTW, there is a deal with Virgin... $45 per month for $200 worth of calls (no contract).... "Normal phone calls + SMS + MMS + international calls :shock: " are all included in the $200 total.

I took it up as I do tend to make a few international calls per month.

My Optus Bill would normally be around the $100 mark on a $44 plan. :oops:

Keza_G
2nd February 2005, 11:56 AM
I dunno what phone I have, it's a Nokia Tri band thing (only the triband phones work in the US, so I got this one especially for when I went over last year)...

Scott's phone was one of the "waterproof" Nokia things.... so I am still after something for him.. I have so far lost 5 auctions on ebay.... :cry:

any help appreciated...

Cheers

Keza

BrisVegas
2nd February 2005, 12:16 PM
I have a Siemens SL55. One button is not working unless you press down really hard :oops: .

My Optus Bill would normally be around the $100 mark on a $44 plan. :oops:

Obviously, it's no the "Dial" button that is not working. $100 per month!!! Dang! :shock: I'm on an $11 per month corporate plan and usually spend about $15.

Then again, I don't call everyone on ozgolf when I can't sleep... :wink:

Trung
2nd February 2005, 12:43 PM
Why is this only me that cop all the shit from those phone calls? :oops:

Where is Drunken? :lol:

(or maybe it was Jarro on his way down from Brissie)

amanda
2nd February 2005, 02:30 PM
I think it's just the young kids these days with huge phone bills :wink:

I'm on prepaid with AAPT - I use about $30 every 3 months :shock: It might be because I'm unpopular though :cry:

Jarro
2nd February 2005, 02:39 PM

don't try and worm your way outta that one mate :smt018

Fishman Dan
2nd February 2005, 02:53 PM
The only perk of being in IT - i haven't had a mobile bill for .... geez, i dunno. The only thing is it's allowed to ring whenever it freakin' feels like it :evil: :evil:

drunken
2nd February 2005, 05:55 PM
Why is this only me that cop all the s#$% from those phone calls? :oops:

Where is Drunken? :lol:

:lol:

It's not my fault you couldn't reach the lightswitch :twisted:

senecio
2nd February 2005, 10:42 PM
Keza,

I have 2 old Nokia 3210's doing nothing. Nothing fancy, but fine for making calls and sending SMS's. Battery's are a bit on the weak side but you should get the 5 months out of them. Just need to charge them every few nights.

Let me know if you're interested.

Ryan

markTHEblake
3rd February 2005, 01:09 AM
keza you might want to consider buying a Optus prepaid phone pack. You seem to be able to get these for aroound $80-100. naturally they are locked to Optus, but they work with any Optus sim card not just the prepaid ones.

Golfer69 - you trying to tell me you conned them into giving you a $300 phone for a $30 plan? freak me. I give them min $120 a month and have never got anything from them. Time to play your game tomorrow I reckon.

AndyP
27th March 2006, 09:46 PM
My old Nokia 6210 looks like it could be on it's way out. Either that or the battery is playing up, but I don't want get a new battery for it only to find out the phone is stuffed.

As was the case with Scotty above, I only need to phone to make limited calls and SMS, as I use pre-paid cards. I don't even need camera or MP3 player built in. Just an old model phone is fine by me.

I'm currently looking at ebay now to see what's around.
Alternatively, I get a new phone with Virgin on pre-paid for effectively $84, but I'd rather not do that.

Anyone have anything sitting around?

Moe Norman
27th March 2006, 09:50 PM
i have a nokie 8810 floating around and another recent type nokia with a camera on the back lying about somewhere.

I also have one of those LG 3 phones but I think it might be worth too much to just give away, happy to offload the other two.

markTHEblake
27th March 2006, 10:02 PM
i found a Nokia 8850 in the cupboard yesterday. thats one of those ones that cost $1000+ brand new.

cover is a bit knocked around though, lived in a womans handbag for a couple of years/

AndyP
27th March 2006, 10:05 PM
Wow, guys, very generous offers. Thanks!

Now which one should I accept? I've got no idea which is the best....
Do they all use the standard charger?

markTHEblake
27th March 2006, 10:13 PM
all nokias use the same charger AFAIK. mine doesnt come with a charger, its being used with another Nokia. but it has a cradle and the charger plugs into that or the phone directly. not sure how my offer could be genourous though, dont beleive price has been mentioned yet.

AndyP
27th March 2006, 10:17 PM
You're always generous, Blakey....

So Moe, what's the model of the second one?
I'm ferreting around on the Nokia site.

connico
27th March 2006, 10:40 PM
8850 is an awesome phone i have the whole 88 series and i reckon the best phone they produced was the 8850, its durable and its heavy enough so that you will notice that you have miss placed it, its light and small enough not to notice another large bulge in your pants...its got good reception and has a timeless design...and its got basic functionality...no camera, no pictures..just a plain phone that works, get a 2-3 batts for long life with the phone.... decharge them when not in use and the phone will last you ages...its tri band also

Moe Norman
27th March 2006, 10:54 PM
i think one is an 8850 and the other is a 6610i

Moe Norman
27th March 2006, 10:56 PM
mine are free, but shouldn't keza get first dibs?

AndyP
27th March 2006, 10:59 PM
mine are free, but shouldn't keza get first dibs?
Check the date on the initial post.

Thanks.

Keza_G
29th March 2006, 10:47 AM
Scotty has since been through 4 phones since my first initial post....

Hopefully this one he has now wont meet the wall too... if it does I may need to renew this thread...

BrisVegas
29th March 2006, 10:52 AM
Perhaps an investement in anger management classes might be an option. cheaper in the long run...

Keza_G
29th March 2006, 11:07 AM
Perhaps an investement in anger management classes might be an option. cheaper in the long run...

:D

A good idea... he has been trained by other phones into this behaviour, once he hit a phone and it started working, now he does it all the time.... that and maybe the fact that I may occassionally nag him on the phone.... :)

markTHEblake
29th March 2006, 07:52 PM

apparently thats what he did. he doesnt throws his clubs anywhere near as often as he used to.

goughy
2nd April 2006, 10:54 PM
Thought I'd stick my hand in here. Kyan broke clikchic's phone and am looking for one for her as well. She litterally makes no calls at all and is on a nokia no-plans contract, if you don't make a call you don't pay anything. We don't want to change it, so the only thing is to get another phone.

If you've still got them lying around and available moe or g69, could you pm me the cost if you still want to sell. Anyone else too for that matter.

Thanks

AndyP
7th September 2007, 03:47 PM
My old Nokia 6210 looks like it could be on it's way out. Either that or the battery is playing up, but I don't want get a new battery for it only to find out the phone is stuffed.

As was the case with Scotty above, I only need to phone to make limited calls and SMS, as I use pre-paid cards. I don't even need camera or MP3 player built in. Just an old model phone is fine by me.

I'm currently looking at ebay now to see what's around.
Alternatively, I get a new phone with Virgin on pre-paid for effectively $84, but I'd rather not do that.

Anyone have anything sitting around?
A button has died on my current mobile, so I'm after a used one again. My phone use is basically the same as before, that is, a few SMSs, receiving calls and the occasional outgoing, so nothing special is required.

Who has an old model phone sitting around that they don't need? Tell me what you've got and how much?

Moe Norman
7th September 2007, 04:55 PM
Motorola V3 - the really thin one.

It's black, the camera doesn't work, but its otherwise fine.

yours for $40 or a dozen U-Tri Tours!

Courty
7th September 2007, 05:09 PM
AP, just go get a prepaid phone on your current network. Cheap way to get a handset.

Eag's
7th September 2007, 05:55 PM
AP, just go get a prepaid phone on your current network. Cheap way to get a handset.

Did exactly that myself today, picked up a nice Nokia E65 with all the bells and whistles :D I am on a $30 cap deal.

AndyP
7th September 2007, 08:01 PM
I use $50 over 5 months not $150, so prepaid isn't a great option.

Moe, I'll have a look into that phone. Thanks.

Courty
7th September 2007, 08:07 PM
When I say buy a prepaid phone, I mean buy the handset then put your own SIM card in it. I bought my V3 a while ago, used the included credit to call a mate overseas, then put my own SIM in which is registered on a $20/ month plan.

PeteyD
7th September 2007, 09:33 PM
AP I have some old ones here if you want one. Have to make sure I find a chargeer that fits is all.

AndyP
7th September 2007, 09:45 PM
If it takes a standard charger like the Nokias I've had does, then it won't be a problem. What models are we talking about here?

PeteyD
7th September 2007, 09:50 PM
I'll find out and let you know. They will be over 2 years old as they are old ones out of contract.

AndyP
12th September 2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the offers, gentlemen, but I've now got a LG C1100 from a friend. I've got no idea if it's any good, but from what I can tell it can make and take calls. It also has polyphonic ringtones. Wow! How cool is that!!!!

BrisVegas
12th September 2007, 11:34 AM
does it have any onboard games? like poker?

AndyP
12th September 2007, 11:50 AM
Now there's a selling point for me. Maybe I could download it or something.

AndyP
12th September 2007, 02:14 PM
For those of you that change phones often, do you keep all the phone numbers on the SIM card or the phone?

I've kept it on the phone previously, but now I have to transfer it all again.

Grunt
12th September 2007, 03:44 PM
On the sim. Having said that I also sync my phone with MS Outlook.