PDA

View Full Version : Are you man enough to use a ladies ball

Ferrins
17th September 2009, 12:09 PM
Well if you didn't cop it enough for using iron covers well how about admitting to using a ladies ball. Or at least dobbing in a fellow Ozgolf member who does.
Mc Lady started all this years ago after some bloke won a tournament usind one. 2 piece constuction, low compression and soft feel. As the movement evolved Laddie replaced lady so blokes stopped getting ribbed and the noodle came along and many others.
I have used the Mc Lady and I'm contemplating a return to a low cost alternative to the Premium market.
The bright pink Pinnacle caught my eye or was it that fact that Paula Creamer was using it. Optima lady could be a go or maybe the Callaway HX Pearl.

PeteyD
17th September 2009, 12:11 PM
I used the precept ladies for a bit. Didn't like em that much. Used a Boz Pinky at Nudgee yesterday, went well.

BrisVegas
17th September 2009, 12:21 PM
see i thought you said 'Are you ball enough to hit a lady man?' :lol:

Either way. No.

Johnny Canuck
17th September 2009, 12:33 PM
no one can argue with results if you hit the ball past them or score lower using a ladies ball.

iron covers are still gay.

Ferrins
17th September 2009, 12:36 PM
see i thought you said 'Are you ball enough to hit a lady man?' :lol:

Either way. No.
Sure about that.

BrisVegas
17th September 2009, 12:37 PM
there's 5 minutes of your life you'll never get back. :wink:

adlo
17th September 2009, 12:40 PM
IF you want low compression just hit a Zip or e6+

PeteyD
17th September 2009, 12:48 PM
Ladies balls by other names.

Ferrins
17th September 2009, 01:07 PM
there's 5 minutes of your life you'll never get back. :wink:
Took at least 15 minutes
Nice round on Sunday at Brooky by the way.:smt038

pom
17th September 2009, 04:57 PM
:smt038
Well if you didn't cop it enough for using iron covers well how about admitting to using a ladies ball. Or at least dobbing in a fellow Ozgolf member who does.
Mc Lady started all this years ago after some bloke won a tournament usind one. 2 piece constuction, low compression and soft feel. As the movement evolved Laddie replaced lady so blokes stopped getting ribbed and the noodle came along and many others.
I have used the Mc Lady and I'm contemplating a return to a low cost alternative to the Premium market.
The bright pink Pinnacle caught my eye or was it that fact that Paula Creamer was using it. Optima lady could be a go or maybe the Callaway HX Pearl.
I have been using the Vision Pinky , off & on for 3 or 4 weeks now. Cop plenty of ribbing from the uneducated but who cares. Results count!!!:smt038:smt038

markTHEblake
17th September 2009, 05:40 PM
Low Compression is an outdated feature of a golf ball, I forgot the details where i read it but these modern balls are all "low compression" compared to the previous models were we had 90's and 100's and women used 80's. There are other reasons now why a ball is consider 'ladies' or 'mens'

Around 1982-3 i used a few times a pink ball called a "Flying Lady", they were quite a soft feel, too soft actually.

Jarro
17th September 2009, 05:46 PM
I'd rather the ladies use my balls

Ferrins
17th September 2009, 06:09 PM
Low Compression is an outdated feature of a golf ball, I forgot the details where i read it but these modern balls are all "low compression" compared to the previous models were we had 90's and 100's and women used 80's. There are other reasons now why a ball is consider 'ladies' or 'mens'

Around 1982-3 i used a few times a pink ball called a "Flying Lady", they were quite a soft feel, too soft actually.

I didn't know there was a "mens" ball so I will ask for a sleeve of Optima Men when next in the pro shop.

OzzyRookie
17th September 2009, 07:57 PM
Boy am i in trouble , i will be using a Vision pink golf ball and iron covers as well . BRING IT ON !!!!

Tomo
17th September 2009, 07:58 PM
I thought this might have been about South African runners????

razaar
18th September 2009, 06:09 AM
Couldn't give a rats what tag is on it....if it gets me 230 metres with the drive and comes with some control around the green, then I'll play it - pink, orange, lilac even. Golf is a target game and the ball is an arrow. If the arrow is flawed it will misbehave. It pays to play premium balls that you know have been tested for their symetry and centre of gravity. If you have doubts about the ball give it the saturated salt solution test.

3oneday
18th September 2009, 06:51 AM
I remember that pill, used it as well and I remember the compression thingo too. Must have been a gimmick then, or they realised no one was good enough to tell the difference.

Dotty
18th September 2009, 07:15 AM
Played NSW for the first time, for a trade day. Big southerly, bigger hangover, waiting for it to tear me a new one.

Lost a ball on the third, but found a pink 'Flying Lady'. Thought buggar it, may as well lose this in a couple of holes. Couldn't lose it, went dead straight and low, and predictable around the green.

Ended up with about 33 points and won B grade on a countback.

BrisVegas
18th September 2009, 08:00 AM
nice shooting dotty!

Dotty
18th September 2009, 09:07 AM
That was about 15 years ago.

It would interesting to see how the characteristics of the old 'gender specific' balls compared to the current mid-range offerings, like the Srixon Soft-Feel or AD333.