PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 31 January

McMw
31st January 2005, 10:48 PM
Finally starting to get the comfortable feel with my game/swing... :D
played 9...and apart from a few loose shots (only hit the 1 green), I was in control (sort of) of my game/swing, and chipped and putted well...
only had 11 putts for the 9, so that's a bonus...

Onewood
1st February 2005, 06:18 AM
Finally starting to get the comfortable feel with my game/swing... :D
played 9...and apart from a few loose shots (only hit the 1 green), I was in control (sort of) of my game/swing, and chipped and putted well...
only had 11 putts for the 9, so that's a bonus...

Mau, you're starting to rack up some game time again :D the swing has got to be feeling good :wink: BUT, would'nt it be great to hit 9 greens and only have 11 putt :D

McMw
1st February 2005, 09:44 AM
dude....I'm just a club golfer... :wink:

Trung
1st February 2005, 09:54 AM
Good game Mau :D

McMw
1st February 2005, 10:12 AM
happy with everything in the bag except the 4 wood (iffy) and the lob wedge (damn glare)...
3 wood is starting to be a bit temperamental at times... :?

just a pity no comps till end of the month... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trung
1st February 2005, 05:50 PM
Had a comp game today at Carnarvon after my round of 74 last week.

I'm normally pretty good playing with low hcpers. But today was another story.

Last group out at 1pm, we had no one in front of us for 30 mins so we teed off as a 5-ball .

Trung + 3 of my club pro and another guy of 4. (One of the pro is on +1 Hcp) I have to admit, standing on the first tee and hooking your first shot way way way left was not a good sign :oops:

I was very nervous :oops: :oops: :oops:

Total 29 points with 4 wipes. Will do it again sometime soon. I enjoyed it. :D

jimandr
1st February 2005, 10:04 PM
Trung,

What are you doing playing at 1.00pm in the afternoon :!: :?:

Obviously far too late in the day for you to play your best golf.

McMw
1st February 2005, 11:31 PM
disappointing game of golf this afternoon (40)...
hit some great shots, mixed with some atrocious ones as well...

standing on the 13th tee, had just come off a birdie to offset the bogey on 11...
ready to really load one off the tee, and whilst the hit was great, the result was a high fade OOB...DOH...
Reloaded...much more in control of the hard swing, BANG...right down the guts...almost a 300yarder (no backwind)...DOH...

so played 13 (+2), 14 (+1), 15 (+1) and 16 (+1) poorly... :(

oh well... :roll:

Jono
2nd February 2005, 08:01 AM
Last group out at 1pm, we had no one in front of us for 30 mins so we teed off as a 5-ball .

Trung,

It was very windy yesterday arvo around St Leonards. Few of my geriatric patients became very unsettled because of the howling wind. :? :lol: Was it windy your way as well? If so, that was probably the primary factor in your score, not your nerves.

Trung
2nd February 2005, 08:29 AM
jimandr, maybe arvo golf is just not for me :D
Jono, it was a bit windy but that wasn't the issue. I was under real pressure to keep my ball on the fairway from the other 4 guys. :oops:

Jarro
2nd February 2005, 12:55 PM
35 points at Nudgee today.

2 wipes, 2 birdies. One probable NTP (80cms)

one of those "if only" days :roll:

Trung
2nd February 2005, 02:37 PM
Jono, get rid of your silly avartar. You don't even like cricket :wink:

To all with M.Clark avartar. 90% of you probally don't even who he is. So please stop making me sick :twisted:

AndyP
2nd February 2005, 02:44 PM

To all with M.Clark avartar. 90% of you probally don't even who he is. So please stop making me sick :twisted:
Anyone coming into this "golf" site would be very confused by all the cricket avatars.

As for 3oneday's avatar, well, I think going down that track again can only lead to trouble.

BTW Trung, where did you pull the 90% figure from? 10 people don't even have the avatar, of course, that was more than the crappy Symonds picture.

Pinglauncher
2nd February 2005, 02:46 PM
Trung

I played Carnarvon yesterday as well 12:00 pm tee off. 36 points, was 4 up with 5 to play and had brain fade from the heat. 1:00 pm tee off you had would have had the worst of the heat.

I saw Mike and Shane in the last group, who else were you with.

Fishman Dan
2nd February 2005, 02:51 PM
As for 3oneday's avatar, well, I think going down that track again can only lead to trouble.

It's a girl, and yes she's attractive. She's wearing a dress. There's a bit of skin - emphasis on 'a bit'. Where's the problem?

Gaz's avatar has a rather attractive female. Blonde too. Should that be removed?

I don't recall the 'Fat Chick Avatars only' rule around here :roll:

Jarro
2nd February 2005, 02:56 PM
I personally can't see any problem with either Gaz's or 3oneday's avatars.

there is no nudity, nothing offensive at all. As long as that's as far as we go avatar wise i can't see there being any problems.

Trung
2nd February 2005, 03:00 PM
Trung

I played Carnarvon yesterday as well 12:00 pm tee off. 36 points, was 4 up with 5 to play and had brain fade from the heat. 1:00 pm tee off you had would have had the worst of the heat.

Hiya.

1pm was stinking hot. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I played with Mike Callaby, Shane Dick, Alex Wiffin and Thomas Lynch
I felt out of place playing in that group :idea:
PS. Trungie will strike back 8)

3oneday
2nd February 2005, 03:02 PM
I don't recall the 'Fat Chick Avatars only' rule around here :roll:Andy, some folk may find Trungs avatar attractive... I'm just not one of them.... maybe the bloke he was gunna keep up all night would ??? :wink: :lol:

If you hated cricket, maybe the number of cricket avatars would be a turn off ??? each to their own, if someone finds it offensive, let me know, I'll try and find one of her with a ballroom dress thingywhatsy :lol: :lol: maybe get G13 to superimpose my face onto... Shane Watsons :P

I'll tire of her, just not yet 8) 8)

Pete

AndyP
2nd February 2005, 03:02 PM
There's no problem....yet.

Just in case the theme of trying to outdo each other in avatars, goes from cricket to girls. ;)
Didn't the last saga start after the Brownlow Medal presentations and Rebecca Twigley? I'm just seeing a parallel. :mrgreen:

Jarro
2nd February 2005, 03:05 PM
all is cool AndyP .... don't fret :roll:

terryand
2nd February 2005, 03:08 PM

Anyone coming into this "golf" site would be very confused by all the cricket avatars.

BTW Trung, where did you pull the 90% figure from? 10 people don't even have the avatar, of course, that was more than the crappy Symonds picture.

Where not going to go down this bull$h!t path again are we...http://deephousepage.com/smilies/pullhair.gif

Pete I believe you got that pic off an open webpage anyway didn't you....

No problem then...

Its not like he got it out of Jarros personal album

So AP, put your soapbox away and enjoy the chat http://deephousepage.com/smilies/argue2.gif

Terry.

AndyP
2nd February 2005, 03:08 PM
all is cool AndyP .... don't fret :roll:
Sheesh, next time I'll leave a smiley emoticon so you don't take it so seriously. Didn't realise there was such a high level of sensitivity on avatars. :roll:

terryand
2nd February 2005, 03:09 PM
There's no problem....yet.

Just in case the theme of trying to outdo each other in avatars, goes from cricket to girls. ;)
Didn't the last saga start after the Brownlow Medal presentations and Rebecca Twigley? I'm just seeing a parallel. :mrgreen:

Once again all pics where sorced fron open webpages :smt102

Terry.

3oneday
2nd February 2005, 03:11 PM
Nomad Wedges in the personal album, wait til you check those pitches out :lol: :lol:

Pete

Trung
2nd February 2005, 03:18 PM
People....WHAT DID YOU SHOOT THIS WEEK?

I kinda started it :oops:

Jarro
2nd February 2005, 03:20 PM
Nomad Wedges in the personal album, wait til you check those pitches out :lol: :lol:

Pete

hehe :wink:

Pinglauncher
2nd February 2005, 04:19 PM
Trung

Hiya.

1pm was stinking hot. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I played with Mike Callaby, Shane Dick, Alex Wiffin and Thomas Lynch
I felt out of place playing in that group :idea:
PS. Trungie will strike back 8)

Trung

That is certainly an intimidating fouresome but a friendlier group you would be hard pressed to find.

Chris

macleod
3rd February 2005, 09:00 AM
Hills International

whilst pickup cat litter and checking out some devon rex's i went for a bash at hills to gear up for a blue roo on the 16th of Feb from the blue's.

gross 88, nett 73 from the whites (still 6,127m...sheesh that's a long course...)

picked up with 2 korean students on the 8th, Jian and surprisingly Scott...go figure. Jian was talkative but hated the heat and was pretty slow going from that moment on...he liked to sit down a lot, don't blame him it was a stinker out there yesterday.

i think hills should be teaching him some more about the rules though, they were in the comp but jian was very loose with the rules.

pic from the 11th nice tricky short par 4, straight way but hazard at the 230m mark from the whites, Scott teeing his big bertha II, stickers still attached so i should have convinced him to ho it ;)

http://home.iprimus.com.au/scottliddle/hills.jpg

Keza_G
3rd February 2005, 09:39 AM
Hills is a tough track macca...

I was a member and the Ladies representative on the committee about hmmmm 4 years ago there.. I loved it there.. just was a bit of a hike from the coast.

Good golfing though off the whites. I hit my logest ever drive on the 18th there...325m... :D ( I played off the blues on a dare :oops: , and had one of my better rounds there. ).

Cheers

Keza

Courty
3rd February 2005, 10:15 PM
Been absent for a while, but now I'm back... and with Broadband :twisted: . I've still been playing golf though. I won the Australia Day comp at Cairns GC with 42 pts (74 gross) off 8 and lost a shot to get to another :roll: all-time low of 7.2. I then proceeded to chop it around on Saturday & Sunday to get 0.2 back. I also played a social nine from the back tees on Tuesday arve and shot 36 (+1) with a double on the 5th. My new goal is to make 5 by March :shock: :wink: :P

Jarro
4th February 2005, 05:41 AM
Welcome back Courty :D wondered where you got to ..... good to see you're still playing some good golf too 8)

Oh yeah ... and i HATE you now that you have broadband :P :wink:

Onewood
4th February 2005, 07:33 AM
Been absent for a while, but now I'm back... and with Broadband :twisted: . I've still been playing golf though. I won the Australia Day comp at Cairns GC with 42 pts (74 gross) off 8 and lost a shot to get to another :roll: all-time low of 7.2. I then proceeded to chop it around on Saturday & Sunday to get 0.2 back. I also played a social nine from the back tees on Tuesday arve and shot 36 (+1) with a double on the 5th. My new goal is to make 5 by March :shock: :wink: :P

Good to hear from you Courty, that new job of yours must be agreeing with your golf :D good luck with the new goal :P another 2 shots in 2 months, when on the skinny end of the handicap system is going to be tuff :D

By the way what where you doing in Jimboomba :smt102 :D

Courty
4th February 2005, 09:49 AM
Good to hear from you Courty, that new job of yours must be agreeing with your golf :D good luck with the new goal :P another 2 shots in 2 months, when on the skinny end of the handicap system is going to be tuff :D

Che?! :? What the?! :shock: Sorry, Kev. No idea what you are on about there...

Courty
4th February 2005, 09:50 AM

AndyP
4th February 2005, 09:56 AM

This should make it a little clearer, Courty.

http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1593

BTW what's going on with the quad-posting? :shock:

cazandpaul
4th February 2005, 02:03 PM
Cruisy 36pts this morning (in the new cart 8) ) - 3 one pointers 3 three pointers - absolutely the worst score I could have had :shock:

Onewood
4th February 2005, 02:35 PM

This should make it a little clearer, Courty.

http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1593

Must be getting used to B/Band :D

Courty
4th February 2005, 10:51 PM

Sorry guys, damn Internet Explorer at work kept crashing, I didn't think it had worked so I kept trying. :roll:

McMw
4th February 2005, 11:09 PM
WOW....
I had 7 pars...from 7 GIRS (doesn't speak much for the putting tho)...
and yet...played 5 over... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Onewood
4th February 2005, 11:54 PM
WOW....
I had 7 pars...from 7 GIRS (doesn't speak much for the putting tho)...
and yet...played 5 over... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats pretty good for a CLUB golfer :wink: :lol: :lol:

McMw
5th February 2005, 12:13 AM
gotta be kidding me....shot over my 18 hole hcp in just 2 holes!!!
come to think of it - That's quite an achievement!!! :wink:

but damn....my irons were great today...
Hole 1 (p4) - 9 iron from the 18th fairway (played from the 1st tee) to 15ft?
Hole 2 (p3) - 8 iron to abt 8 ft
Hole 3 (p4) - 9 iron to abt 6 ft
Hole 5 (p5) - pitch shot
Hole 6 (p4) - 7 iron to abt 14ft
Hole 7 (p4) - 9 iron from the rough to abt 10 ft
Hole 9 (p3) - 8 iron to abt 20+ft

my mantra for the day - 2 putts for the par...

think I better start developing a new mantra!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Grunt
5th February 2005, 01:31 PM
Great Round

43 points
88 Gross
63 Nett

Had a lesson on Thursday instant results :lol:

macleod
5th February 2005, 02:38 PM
wynnum comp friday
32 pts, pretty crap day, good company with a member called John. other 2 guys in the group didn't turnup due to oversleeping (father son combo) so nice relzed game.

32 pts, 90 gross, 75 nett.

One Hill Country club on thursday, by goodness that short 9 hole in in excellent nick. lovely setting too, quite a fun gem.

convinced i should start a best of the rest tour next week, coochiemudlo island gc is still beckoning

Onewood
5th February 2005, 05:03 PM
Played Royal Logan today with my usual finish of bogey, double bogey for 79 -7 +73 :roll:

Has anybody got any BIRDIES for sale coz I can't buy one at the moment :cry:

Mat shot 74 -4 =70 He had 1 x eagle and 3 x birds :shock: what could have been :D

Courty
5th February 2005, 05:28 PM
Absolute garbage. 85-7=78 nett in Monthly Medal today. That included 2 birdies, a triple and a couple of doubles... I don't think I truly belong on single figures after that display. I'm playing in a matchplay tournament tomorrow. I think I'll concede now so I don't waste anyone's time & stay home in front of the tele. :oops:

Trung
5th February 2005, 05:31 PM
Great Round

43 points
88 Gross
63 Nett

=D> Great Score Grant.. Keep it up mate :D

Trung
5th February 2005, 05:33 PM
Month Medal today :D

78 off the bat for a net 71 :P

Senario 1, CCR 72 = new hcp 6.5 Lowest Ever
Senario 2, CCR 73 = new hcp 6.3 Lowest Ever

:P :P :P

Grunt
5th February 2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks mate

Handicap is really starting to tumble 23 now, was 27 4 weeks ago
Played that well it could have been better 4 birdie putts lipped out :lol: I really struggled home from 15 onwards, I knew I was going good so played very conservatively and got too casual 3 putt bogey on 16, bad tee shots at 17 & 18. Only had 5 points on last 5 holes.

Great Round

43 points
88 Gross
63 Nett

=D> Great Score Grant.. Keep it up mate :D

BrisVegas
5th February 2005, 08:03 PM
Played Lakelands today off the blues. Nice day for it. Sunny and hot, not much breeze.

82 gross/75 nett
34 points
11/14 fairways
7 GIR
31 putts

Hit the driver pretty well, mostly straight. Had a couple of shockers around the back nine, including triple-bogeys ( :shock: :lol: :oops: ) on 11 and 17 and double-bogey on the last. My drive down 18 kicked left and went OB by a foot or so. Went back to the tee and reloaded and made an easy 6. In fact my 4th shot from 150 out slam dunked into the hole, but spat out to about 6 feet. Would have been a nice way to make 4 with a 2-stroke penalty... :roll: Alas I made a stinking 6. Ahh well, what coulda been. Nice to get out and play at least.

McMw
5th February 2005, 09:36 PM
Game Track Stats
30 Putts
9 Fairways
10 Greens

Doubled the first, bogey on 6, 7 and 9, Bird on 4 for 39 going out...
All pars on the back, with a monster birdie (BS putt) on the last for a 34 coming in...
Score is okay - but the way I played was just CRAP all day... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trung
6th February 2005, 01:05 PM
CCR for MM yesterday was 73 =D> :lol: :P

Playing with my new 6hcp (6.3) today.

Had 78 off the bat for 36 points :P

AndyP
6th February 2005, 02:10 PM
05/02/05, Lakelands GC, Stroke

Nice day, beautiful course. Didn't feel like playing golf, but enjoyed the day anyway.

Played very patchy golf, with a few too many duffs.
More fairways and more greens hit on the back, but a worse score.

8/14 effective T-shots.
5/18 effective regulation approaches.
36 putts, including a 4 putt. A-Lo I won't bad mouth your 4 putts anymore.
---
7 pars.
4 bogeys.
3 double bogeys.
4 other.

Score 46-48-94 nett 81 (Par 36-36-72)

Looking forward to having a weekend away from the golf course.

BrisVegas
6th February 2005, 05:40 PM

Good work prankster! You're kicking arse lately. 8) Keep up the good work. I like the fact that you gotta give me a shot now... :D

Keza_G
6th February 2005, 05:59 PM
Played Riverlakes Sat 5th after work at 2.30pm.....

77 off the stick (par 72)
8/13 Fairways
10/18 greens
33 putts

I finally beat Scott off the stick.... first time ever !!!!! he had 80 !!!

Cheers

Keza

McMw
6th February 2005, 09:06 PM
very ugly 76...
damn those greens!!!
it's like putting on fairways!!! :x :x :x :x :x

Trung
7th February 2005, 09:09 AM

Good work prankster! You're kicking bum lately. 8) Keep up the good work. I like the fact that you gotta give me a shot now... :D

I like it too :wink: :twisted:

Flowergirl
7th February 2005, 11:43 AM
Great Round

43 points
88 Gross
63 Nett

Great score...........well done :D