PDA

View Full Version : Comp Prizes.... Would this do?

Dazza
10th September 2009, 06:27 PM
A work colleague & I are looking to sponsor a Saturday comp at the local.
Prizes are roughly $70 for 1st, and $30 for 2nd. Both Male & Female of course, So around $200 in total.

I've got two options-

1) Give cash to the club, and they source gear from the Pro Shop (I assume they'd pay RRP?)

2) Source the gear myself & give it to the club.

It seems that actual prizes are preferred over store credit, as there's always gear sitting on the table in the clubhouse of a Saturday afternoon.

My question.... Would you be happy winning 2 Doz Premium balls for 1st & 1 Doz Premium Balls for 2nd?

Thanks!

Minor_Threat
10th September 2009, 06:46 PM
Yes I would be happy..

In my opinion it would be best if the prizes were bought from the proshop located at the course!

razaar
10th September 2009, 07:00 PM
Well done Dazza on sponsoring trophies. An alternative could be prepaid visa cards to the amounts you had in mind .

Scottt
10th September 2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah, 24 nice pills would be a great prize!

markTHEblake
10th September 2009, 07:07 PM
Dazza, if you have presentations, which people still attend, and winners giving speeches, yes, give out actual prizes.

If not, just give em vouchers.

We dont even get vouchers at my club, we get credit on our member account. Balls get credited too, we can just check the balance online, and claim them whenever we want.

Works well for me, as i usually accumulate 2-3 dozen balls and trade them in, but by the time i get that many, i end up with superceded ones i cant trade. :-(

virge666
10th September 2009, 08:09 PM
Quick Q - Why do you you donate prizes for a club comp - isn't that what the comp fee is for ? ($10 each * 150-200 people . . . )

Dazza
10th September 2009, 08:14 PM
Quick Q - Why do you you donate prizes for a club comp - isn't that what the comp fee is for ? ($10 each * 150-200 people . . . )

Most of our comp rounds are sponsored by local businesses, who in turn are supported by the club members. I don't know the exact percentage, but whatever is left over, the club provides prizes.
Normally costs around $8, and we normally have around 30-40 players on average.

Ferrins
10th September 2009, 08:58 PM
Balls would be a good prize

markTHEblake
10th September 2009, 09:08 PM
If there is no sponsorship by membership, then the golf club costs go up, or the benefits paid back to the members go down.

pom
10th September 2009, 09:17 PM
We have fields of 120 -150 every saturday. We pay $7 comp fees because most of the sat Comps are sponsered by local businesses.

SeldomEagles
10th September 2009, 11:06 PM
Couple of dozen balls great prize, not like any golfer isn't going to need them at some time.

Dotty
10th September 2009, 11:51 PM
Generous offer, but any problem with 'brand snobs' in your neck of the woods?

We only have a dozen family sponsors here, usually giving a silver plate for the winner, for things like February Eclectic, Spring Cup, Ex-Servicemen Day, Gold Button, etc.

Unfortunately, the donor of the Left Handers trophy usually gives a left-handed club, but it is a white elephant. It often doesn't suit the winner, and not exchangeable in the pro-shop as it has been sourced overseas, via the internet.

ps. Personally, I'd be grateful for a prize of a dozen balls. Doubly grateful for two dozen.