PDA

View Full Version : WA: Ozgolf Sandgroper Championship

Pages : [1] 2 3

simmsy
6th September 2009, 10:39 PM
Well it has been spoken of in hushed tones over the past few months so i think it's time we see a show of hands for the inaugural west aussie ozgolf champs.
I was thinking of a date along the lines of November 7&8 (due to my own selfish needs and requirements) down at Mandurah-18, Binningup-9 Saturday & Bunbury-18 Golf Course on the Sunday.

Things like entry fee for prize money as well needs discussion.
Let's hope this gets off the ground a little easier than the Matchplay did. There both great formats and both need everyone's support to be succesful, so c'mon y'all can I get a BOORAH!

Hands Up:smt038

1. adlo (We) confirmed
2. Johnny Canuck (We) confirmed
3. idgolfguy (We) confirmed
4. simmsy (We) confirmed
5. Tourfit (We) confirmed
6. Yossarian (we) confirmed!:smt038:smt038:smt023\\:D/:smt035:smt057:smt056:smt008:-({|=:smt109
7. Zeusgolf - Rebjon (we) confirmed
8. Gavin - My brother (90% firmed for Mandurah - has to bring his daughter though, but shes good girl no hassels there, ok.)

PM me if you want your name on the list for the w'end trip.

Ok, it looks like we've got a bit of an outing happening here which should be great.
Now lets start sorting out the turkey - This is worked out for the weekenders, daygo's could perhaps just put in for NP's on the day they turn up.

Are we happy to play Stableford?
Par sux and Yossarian can't count past 7 so strokes out!

Prizes??

Are we all happy to put some cash in the hat and divvy up 1st & 2nd
we could have 1 x Np on each 9 which tallies 5 allup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be 7 in the entire w'end so we will all be putting in $40 each for prizes?

The breakdown of money will be (edited 3rd Nov) -

7 punters x $40 = $280

1st place Nett S'ford Points - $100 & a bottle of RED compliments of TourFit
2nd - $50 & Golfing Gift Voucher (Thanks to ADLO) & 6 pack of Yoss exotic beer (Emu Export probly)
3rd - Bottle of Red & 6 pack of Corona
Total - $150

5 x NP's @ $15 each pin
= $75

That comes to $225 with $55 left over for a carton or something for Adlo's family for putting up with us for the night.

Any day trippers (MW or my brother) can put in $10 to be put towards the NP on the course that they play.

So make sure you all bring your money to pay me my winnings! Try and make sure you have some fivers in your kitty so we're not stuffing around too much when it comes to divvy up on Sunday.

THE MEGAWATTY PLATE - AWARDED TO LOWEST PUTTS OVER THE THREE ROUNDS!!
MW has kindly donated a console (game or PC game) which will go to lowest putts total over the 45 holes.
If you wipe a hole it counts as 2.5putts!

NOVELTY "PRIZES"

TourFit "PISS POOR PUTTER AWARD" has donated a custom fitted putter to MOST PUTTS (NO TANKING TOLERATED)
ADLO has put up 1 dozen Callaway iX pills for the FIRST EAGLE of the comp.
JC has donated 1 dozen Callaway Diablo pills for the first to make 2TWO's in the one round or hit Yoss in the berries! In fact I will put up another $50 if someone hits Yoss in the berries with a fully fledged shank!
SIMMSY is putting in 100 clams for anybody who jags an ACE (only 1 prize on offer) declarations are important!
TourFit (again) has put up a bottle of JW RED label TO BE FOREVER KNOWN AS THE "YOSSARIAN HANDICAP" FOR LAST PLACE WITH S'ford Points.
THE IDG LONG JOHN SPOON AWARD - 7th hole at Binningup - PRIZE ALLOCATION PENDING
ZEUSGOLF ENCOURAGMENT CUP - Best 9 holes s'ford score at any course. - PRIZE ALLOCATION PENDING

JC's wonderful mother in law was nice enough to "donate" and ugly-assed "Maxibon" polo shirt that says "Maxibon, for biters, not lickers".

It's black, with lovely red and white striping from the neck, all the way down to the bottom.

Whoever has bit it the most and is in last place after Mandurah, MUST wear it at Binningup.

Whoever is in last place after Mandurah and Binningup combined, MUST wear it on Sunday.

It must be worn on top, no putting it under another shirt or vest.

NTP @ B'up will be the 9th RHS pin placement
Back markers will be used on all holes at B'up.
Choose your own pin on the 5th @ B'up.

NTP's:

Mandurah CC: 3 and 17
Binningup: 9 (right flag)
Bunbury GC: 1 and 10

rebjon
6th September 2009, 10:42 PM
Yep count me in and Binningup gets my vote.

Yossarian
6th September 2009, 10:44 PM
I am there, hopefully have a handicap by then to.

Binningup sounds good as well, and I think we have got enough numbers to make this a pretty good day. Or weekend? We could do a few courses down there?

I will donate my HOT TOUCH putter cover as a prize.

Johnny Canuck
6th September 2009, 10:51 PM
head down very early sat morning for 9 at binningup and 18 somewhere else down there (dunno lakes, capel, bussleton).

stay at the dunsborough hostel (about $25 per head), get pissed and then play 18 at the dunno country club (sand greens & one of the best designed courses in w.a) to finish a 45 hole championship on the sunday morning.

home in time for sunday dinner with the other halves.

man up w.a. this is how we roll!

Yossarian
6th September 2009, 10:56 PM
I've heard bunbury is quite a good course down that way...

But I think the weekend idea has merit. Just keep JC away from the JAGER BOMBS.

Johnny Canuck
6th September 2009, 11:00 PM
bunbury on the sat wouldn't work due to comps. maybe binningup sat morn before their comp, dunno country club in the arvo and then bunbury on the sunday. a better option than dunno lakes. aldo loses 3 off his handicap for home course advantage.

funny you bring up the jagers. i had a poker night with a lot of the guys from that story on friday. one of the boys brought that night up.

Yossarian
6th September 2009, 11:04 PM
Did you give him the chokeslam for his impudence?

I like your ideas though JC. Sounds good.

Johnny Canuck
6th September 2009, 11:08 PM
if it's going to be an ozgolf champs event, it must involve alcohol.

adlo
6th September 2009, 11:13 PM
I think Binningup for 18 Saturday and Bunbury on Sunday.

I would be keen for this. Depends on numbers, my old man has a sweet place in Australind and we could accommodate quite a few OzGolfers. But if numbers get big, it would not be possible.

Edit: simmsy, there is already a thread for this, but whatever :roll:

Johnny Canuck
6th September 2009, 11:18 PM
18 on sat would be tough with binningup's comp. do you remember what time it starts? i think you have to be off the course by 11:30.

adlo
6th September 2009, 11:20 PM
It is not OFF the course. You need to be past the 2nd hole by 11 or something like that. It basically means tee off by 8. Either that or do your suggestion, but I am not sure who would have us in the afternoon. Most Saturdays are hard to get a game. And I will not play Sanctuary on principal.

Johnny Canuck
6th September 2009, 11:21 PM
sand greens at dunno!

adlo
6th September 2009, 11:23 PM
Nah, lets just stay in Bunbury area, if the weekend idea eventuates.

simmsy
6th September 2009, 11:36 PM
sorry adlo, wasn't aware (couldn't remember) seeing another thread on this.:roll:

idgolfguy
6th September 2009, 11:52 PM
Im in too!

adlo
6th September 2009, 11:58 PM
No probs simmsy, that thread probably got jacked anyway :roll:

Is everyone keen on a weekend?

idgolfguy
7th September 2009, 12:23 AM
Weekend is fine by me.

simmsy
7th September 2009, 10:30 AM
No probs simmsy, that thread probably got jacked anyway :roll:

Is everyone keen on a weekend?

I will go with the flow on that one, was originally thinking just a day trip but if the weight of numbers want the w'end and that we can find two different courses to play the w'end then that will be the go.

Anyone thought of maybe playing Binningup/Mandurah C.C

Is Binningup available from say Midday on the Saturday?

adlo
7th September 2009, 10:38 AM
69er, it would be great to have you over.

simmsy, Binningup is closed until 3:30pm. By November we would obviously have enough daylight to play 9 holes in the afternoon. Mandurah is an option, but Binningup is much closer to Bunbury.

simmsy
7th September 2009, 11:00 AM
Yep happy to play Bunbury as havent played it since i was a kid. and you talk it up soooo much i'm expecting something to rival Augusta National, so will be good to see whether or not you are truly fos.

I have just called Mandurah C.C we can get on their course on Saturday morning @7am to 7.15am so 3 groups is the max they will allow us, then they close the course for their members for the day. $40each.

So we could work something like this -

18 @ Mandurah

Lunch & Chill out at the Halls Head Tavern or somewhere that sells beer&food

9 @ Binningup after 3.30pm

Head down to Bunbury for the night

Play 18 @ Bunbury Sunday

45 hole ozgolf champs!!

sounds good to me what about everyone else?

Johnny Canuck
7th September 2009, 11:05 AM
where do the hookers and coke come in?

harvey in the afternoon is another option.

might not be able to sleep three groups at aldo's pop's pad.

Johnny Canuck
7th September 2009, 11:06 AM
not driving!

for every beer consumed, a stroke is added to your handicap.

adlo
7th September 2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah, 3 groups might be a few too many people. But the most important thing is the numbers for the trophy.

I don't know what is happening down that way that weekend, but I looked at the apartments at the Sanctuary and November 7 is already fully booked. There must be something happening as most other Saturdays had some vacancy. Anyway..... as long as it doesn't affect the golf.

simmsy, I quite like your suggestion. We'd be fine to get AM tee time at Bunbury for the Sunday. Bunbury is no Augusta. It is however one of my favourite tracks.

I know what we are having for dinner on the Saturday.

Anyway, lets get a list running. Nominate whether or not the full weekend idea suits.

1. adlo (Weekend)
2. Johnny Canuck (Weekend)
3. idgolfguy (Weekend)
4. simmsy (?)

TourFit
7th September 2009, 11:24 AM
If I can get "Papal" dispensation for a weekend leave pass I will also join you guys...

adlo
7th September 2009, 11:25 AM
I'm out.......

:mrgreen:

Johnny Canuck
7th September 2009, 11:28 AM
that's me as well!

simmsy
7th September 2009, 11:45 AM
Looks like you're playing with yourself (again Tourfit)

Yeah i just spoke about 3 groups as that was the max M.CC could allow. Would be suprised if we get that many. I can sleep in my car if need be but i ain't sharing with Yoss.

1. adlo (Weekend)
3. idgolfguy (Weekend)
4. simmsy (Weekend) threats of divorce get boring after a while
5. Tourfit (has to check the accountant)

simmsy
7th September 2009, 11:46 AM
Adlo, how many people would your good ol dad be happy to have fartin through his house on the Saturday night?

First in best dressed i say.
But i've got a swag or my car that am more than happy to use.

idgolfguy
7th September 2009, 12:11 PM
I've got a tent (6 man - 3 real size) and the weather should be quite good at that time of the year.

Is it worth hiring a van? I'm not much of a drinker so I am happy to drive.

adlo
7th September 2009, 01:19 PM
We could probably accomodate a fair few at my old mans place, but idgolfguys suggestion of pitching a tent out back might make it more possible if we have 12 golfers. I'd say we could get 6-8 golfers indoors, pending approval from the old man himself.

TourFit
7th September 2009, 01:41 PM
JC and adlo...if that's the way you feel I'll pull out !!! :roll:

After all if numbers are the potential problem then obviously 2 heads are better than 1...

...even if they are yours...and of the d**k variety !!! :mrgreen:

Yossarian
7th September 2009, 02:14 PM

Yeah i just spoke about 3 groups as that was the max M.CC could allow. Would be suprised if we get that many. I can sleep in my car if need be but i ain't sharing with Yoss.

1. adlo (Weekend)
3. idgolfguy (Weekend)
6. Yossarian (weekend)

:lol:

Do you want to be the big or the little spoon simmsy?

You should probably get a bed though, what with your old man back.

adlo
7th September 2009, 02:16 PM
Hey simmsy, copy the list into the main post for ease of reference and keep updating it.

Tourfit, don't cry buddy.

Edit: and for those who don't commit for the weekend and just want to play one day, that should be fine and there should be some form of a prize for each course, but obviously they are ineligible for the big prize..... and if numbers get toight, I think full weekend golfers should get preference.

TourFit
7th September 2009, 02:41 PM

1. adlo (Weekend)
3. idgolfguy (Weekend)

What the...???

She goes WAY higher than a mere accountant...the quote was 'Papal' (not PayPal)...

adlo, TourFit no cry...not yet, and not so far today. BTW, have you thought of getting an agent...that way you wouldn't have to handle yourself. 8-)

Pieface
7th September 2009, 02:58 PM
I'm out being in Sydney that weekend.

Honestly though...getting together with a bunch of blokes and pitching tents (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pitch+a+tent) together in Adlo's old man's yard...I'm not sure our relationship is at that level yet :oops: :lol:

Yossarian
7th September 2009, 03:12 PM
It is only gay if you use iron covers.

adlo
7th September 2009, 03:15 PM
Please do not start with the gay innuendo in this thread too. 3oneday will be in here talking crap soon......

Yossarian
7th September 2009, 03:18 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ldnrr.jpg

In your endo.

Sorry I had to do that.

On with the thread.

idgolfguy
7th September 2009, 03:46 PM
Students have too much time on their hands and other things...

Yossarian
7th September 2009, 05:53 PM
Hey I'm doing full time hours atm. Sort of.

simmsy
7th September 2009, 06:13 PM
hey just thought about coring???

anyone know if any of these courses will be buggered at this time?

rebjon
7th September 2009, 06:20 PM
Count rebjon in.....weekend

I'll bring the swag....

Going to Bunvegas the week before for the weekend too.

idgolfguy
7th September 2009, 06:22 PM
Good point - I expect most would be done last month and this month. We should be safe. There should be lots of sunlight and grass growth.

Vines did Ellenbrook two weeks ago and it has come back quite quickly. Lakes will be done this week I believe.

adlo
7th September 2009, 07:05 PM
Bunbury is coring now to ensure greens are slick for the PGA late October.

Binningup, we will never know, but I'd say it will be soon too. Not many courses leave it that late.

rebjon
7th September 2009, 08:43 PM
I have seen most have started already, kind of strange considering the weather at the moment...

Anyway been given a leave pass for this weekend which is good considering I'm going on a golf trip the week before to Bunbury from my WAGL club....

adlo
7th September 2009, 09:08 PM
So it sounds like everybody is gearing up for the date set by old man sim.

Old man, get Rebjon on the list.

I could get a ring in (brother) for the weekend if we need to make up numbers.

Johnny Canuck
7th September 2009, 09:09 PM
So it sounds like everybody is gearing up for the date set by old man sim.

Old man, get Rebjon on the list.

I could get a ring in (brother) for the weekend if we need to make up numbers.

every trip south needs a token black guy.

does id count?

he's a pygmy, i believe.

adlo
7th September 2009, 09:13 PM
id can be our token (pygmy), he is probably about the same height. Here he is pictured with one of his 16 guitars....
http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/characters/63a.jpg

Johnny Canuck
7th September 2009, 09:19 PM
id can be our token (pygmy), he is probably about the same height. Here he is pictured with one of his 16 guitars....

:smt038:smt038 - although it looks like a slightly taller version, it will do.

simmsy continued the search for the extra 10 today with my R7 Quad/ ProLaunch Blue today. I got a text very early on telling me how much he loved the sound and feel.

I got another text asking how much for it!

I'll let him hit it a few more times and truly fall in love before I take it back (unless he can give me a decent offer to put towards a 9015D!)

adlo
7th September 2009, 09:25 PM
:smt038:smt038 - although it looks like a slightly taller version, it will do.

simmsy continued the search for the extra 10 today with my R7 Quad/ ProLaunch Blue today. I got a text very early on telling me how much he loved the sound and feel.

I got another text asking how much for it!

I'll let him hit it a few more times and truly fall in love before I take it back (unless he can give me a decent offer to put towards a 9015D!)
:lol: :lol:

Hasn't simmsy got the Wilson on the way?!?

That extra 10m search is driving his into an early grave. No wonder he looks and acts so old!!

TM drivers have a great feel. JC, I could see you hitting a 9015D actually.

Johnny Canuck
7th September 2009, 09:32 PM
i took it out yesterday to kennedy. i hit it on one, didn't see it and asked hughesy where it went. he thought the left pot. once we got up, it was 30m from the green.

i hit it really well again on 4 and very high, which is a bonus. i need more practice with it before it makes a return to the bag, but it is a great club. it took a good while for the adams to bump it out of the bag originally. would love to try the 9015d...

adlo
7th September 2009, 09:41 PM
You would cream the 9015d but would need to watch what shaft is in there. Otherwise is would hardly go higher than your putter.

idgolfguy
7th September 2009, 09:42 PM

He's got more hair than me.

rebjon
7th September 2009, 09:45 PM
:smt038

That should be his avatar.....

adlo
7th September 2009, 09:46 PM
Agreed

Johnny Canuck
7th September 2009, 09:55 PM
change it now!

rebjon
7th September 2009, 10:01 PM
So have we made our mind up where we are going to play ???

Johnny Canuck
7th September 2009, 10:05 PM
we're playing bunbury, harvey and binningup, old man simmsy is playing pinjarra, mandurah and freo public.

adlo
7th September 2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah I am not sold on Mandurah, that would mean I need to drive through Mandurah. Lets take advantage of the new freeway! I quite like the Harvey/Binningup/Bunbury suggestion.

simmsy
7th September 2009, 10:22 PM
Drive thru Mandurah! were teeing off at 7 in the morning! we've got 4 hours to fill inbetween finishing Mandurah and starting Binup. man up you sook.

you can't tell me Harvey would be a better track than Mandurah?

simmsy
7th September 2009, 10:23 PM
anyone heard from Megawatty or topdog?

Yossarian
7th September 2009, 10:38 PM
I am happy to play anywhere with you good people.

simmsy
7th September 2009, 10:41 PM
you should just be thankful we're letting you tag along young fella.

Can you afford fuel?

Yossarian
7th September 2009, 10:44 PM

Simmsy you will probably need me at some stage to pick you golf ball out of the cup, what with your dicky knee. :mrgreen:

And to pull girls.

But I have never played any of these course, except pinjarra which was quite nice. So I'll let you guys decide and stick to posting pictures.

Oh and I can afford fuel, all the girls I mentioned earlier tend to shower me with gifts and cash donations.

simmsy
7th September 2009, 10:45 PM
we've got 7 confirmed.

Are we taking up to 12 starters or are we capping it at a lower number?

I think it may all come down to whether Adlo's Dad is able to help us out and how many can crash either in the house or in a row of tents!:shock:

simmsy
7th September 2009, 10:48 PM

Simmsy you will probably need me at some stage to pick you golf ball out of the cup, what with your dicky knee. :mrgreen:

And to pull girls.

But I have never played any of these course, except pinjarra which was quite nice. So I'll let you guys decide and stick to posting pictures.

Oh and I can afford fuel, all the girls I mentioned earlier tend to shower me with gifts and cash donations.

Well you are an extremely attractive individual to the fairer sex aren't you Yoss!:lol:

I would love to see you pull a chick from bunbury on Saturday night.
Watch the young bull go to work. yeehah!

Yossarian
7th September 2009, 10:50 PM
Well you are an extremely attractive individual to the fairer sex aren't you Yoss!:lol:

I would love to see you pull a chick from bunbury on Saturday night.
Watch the young bull go to work. yeehah!

I am.

No offense to anyone from bunbury but the few times I've been there...Well, I would probably do better having a crack at the cattle. :twisted:

MegaWatty
7th September 2009, 11:44 PM
Mooooooooooo!

**** this thread went too quickly. I left my lappy at home today so only had my iPhone to check in briefly all day. I'm probably a one dayer rathe than the weekend. Lucky for you boys I say. More so to save you from the sleepwalking rather than the quality golf.

So Im a maybe one day at the moment.

Midweek champs tomorrow....C'mon!!!

Golfnut
8th September 2009, 12:15 AM
Hmmmm....I like the sound of the weekend thing....just got back from Dunno last Sunday and on the way back to Perth I mentioned in passing to the wifey that it would an awesome road trip to go down and play a few courses over a weekend with the lads.....Lets just say it didn't go down as well as expected but if I start working on her now I could be a good chance. So i'll put my hand half way up simmsy.

Played Dunno Lakes while down there and really enjoyed it....their Sat comps start from about midday which means an early hit is no probs.

Johnny Canuck
8th September 2009, 01:46 AM
Hmmmm....I like the sound of the weekend thing....just got back from Dunno last Sunday and on the way back to Perth I mentioned in passing to the wifey that it would an awesome road trip to go down and play a few courses over a weekend with the lads.....Lets just say it didn't go down as well as expected but if I start working on her now I could be a good chance. So i'll put my hand half way up simmsy.

Played Dunno Lakes while down there and really enjoyed it....their Sat comps start from about midday which means an early hit is no probs.

:smt108You wouldn't be the first, mate.

MegaWatty
8th September 2009, 07:25 AM
Pure gold JC.

idgolfguy
8th September 2009, 08:04 AM
change it now!
Done!

Golfnut
8th September 2009, 09:05 AM
:smt108You wouldn't be the first, mate.

Isn't english an amazing language......forget one little comma and suddenly your doing all sorts of disgusting things to someone :lol:

Johnny Canuck
8th September 2009, 09:33 AM
even my wife had a laugh at you, gn!

ParMaster
8th September 2009, 09:39 AM

Gold JC. :smt038

:roll:

TourFit
8th September 2009, 11:39 AM

And to pull girls.

1) A stalker
2) A homophobe
3) AND a gigolo

All this is causing you to be the hacker you are...

...give up this profligate lifestyle and concentrate on your swing and your game, get some decent equipment and BECOME A GOLFER...not just a pretender !!! :razz:

adlo
8th September 2009, 11:40 AM
Good job idgolfguy.

The way I see things, we have six confirmed for the weekend, with TourFit a maybe. Golfnut is in pencil. Don't go sticking that pencil anywhere funny Golfnut.

A few day trippers might make up some numbers, but it looks like there would be no more than 3 groups of golfers. I will assume the day trippers will play the Saturday, but obviously they are welcome on the Sunday as well. Whatever suits them, as long as we have numbers and we don't exceed 12 players at Mandurah CC.

OzGolfers we have not heard from: topdog (I think he is overseas?), Veefore, Bruce Dickinson, qbnchopper..... any others?

TourFit
8th September 2009, 11:44 AM
Officially, I am no longer a maybe...COUNT ME IN !!!

...(and count how many will drop out??)

adlo
8th September 2009, 11:46 AM
Have a nice weekend TourFit.....

Johnny Canuck
8th September 2009, 12:10 PM
Have a nice weekend TourFit.....

:smt038:smt038

TourFit
8th September 2009, 01:24 PM
Predictable hybrid boy...haven't you got something better to do??

Like repair a fridge! (Easier than fixing your swing for sure...)

adlo
8th September 2009, 01:38 PM
TourFit, by November 7 I will be swinging the club as well as any of my good mates...... Greg Normal, Ernie Eels, Jack Nicklas, Andy Garcia, Geoff Ogrevy.... you name it. You're going down buddy.

Oh, and idgolfguy, hiring a Van might be an idea. TourFit can drive all his clubs down that way. We'll all take cars.

Pieface
8th September 2009, 01:54 PM
TourFit, by November 7 I will be swinging the club as well as any of my good mates...... Greg Normal, Ernie Eels, Jack Nicklas, Andy Garcia, Geoff Ogrevy.... you name it. You're going down buddy.

Oh, and idgolfguy, hiring a Van might be an idea. TourFit can drive all his clubs down that way. We'll all take cars.

Should have gone for Jerry Garcia for extra lulz Adlo...you're slipping! ;)

Looks like this concept has more legs than the matchplay at least!

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 02:14 PM
1) A stalker
2) A homophobe
3) AND a gigolo

All this is causing you to be the hacker you are...

...give up this profligate lifestyle and concentrate on your swing and your game, get some decent equipment and BECOME A GOLFER...not just a pretender !!! :razz:

Hey I've got nice crubs, just can't swing them for shit :mrgreen:

I am not sure they make vans big enough for that many clubs adlo. And then he'd have to choose which ones to play with, and tell us about them and so on... :twisted:

simmsy
8th September 2009, 02:16 PM

Our friendship is still a little new for that kind of kaper GN! but by the time we have a couple of drinks down Bunbury, well if you play your cards right bigboy!;);)

TourFit
8th September 2009, 04:20 PM

Semi trailer...van not big enough !!!!

Hybrid balls...I WON'T bring down any other clubs than the ones I need to kick yo' ass.

I'll spare you guys the run down...some of you though, have already had itwhile visiting me. :razz:

Golfnut
8th September 2009, 04:39 PM
Our friendship is still a little new for that kind of kaper GN! but by the time we have a couple of drinks down Bunbury, well if you play your cards right bigboy!;);)

LOL.....you wish jelly fish!!!! :)

TourFit
8th September 2009, 04:43 PM
LOL.....you wish jelly fish!!!! :)

Well...with your hand halfway up Simmsy, that'll be a good description of how he'll feel...:shock:

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 04:56 PM
Semi trailer...van not big enough !!!!

Hybrid balls...I WON'T bring down any other clubs than the ones I need to kick yo' ass.

I'll spare you guys the run down...some of you though, have already had itwhile visiting me. :razz:

Clearly I will win this thing. Will have an AGU handicap soonish. Bout 30. Then learn to play golf. Protect handicap. Profit. :twisted:

Better than man hoing.

Golfnut
8th September 2009, 05:45 PM
......Will have an AGU handicap soonish......

How are you going about this Yoss?

adlo
8th September 2009, 06:38 PM
He is joining Bunbury GC I believe Golfnut.

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 06:48 PM
I am indeed, they said no problemo about the seconder, just send the application. 8)

And that the course is better than hartfield.

Johnny Canuck
8th September 2009, 07:22 PM
I am indeed, they said no problemo about the seconder, just send the application. 8)

And that the course is better than hartfield.

They also have a nice big parking lot to park the trailer on family day.

You ever played Bunbury to compare it to Hartfield or just trying to fire up the old man?

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 07:23 PM
It is a far superior track, but it is too far a drive for old man simmsy and his 40 kmh max speed.

Johnny Canuck
8th September 2009, 07:31 PM
I hate getting stuck behind him on the drive down too!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/2664732787_55e7258fe9.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gifhttp://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 07:41 PM
Old man look at my life.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2rz2oo3.jpg

simmsy
8th September 2009, 07:59 PM
Good job idgolfguy.

The way I see things, we have six confirmed for the weekend, with TourFit a maybe. Golfnut is in pencil. Don't go sticking that pencil anywhere funny Golfnut.

A few day trippers might make up some numbers, but it looks like there would be no more than 3 groups of golfers. I will assume the day trippers will play the Saturday, but obviously they are welcome on the Sunday as well. Whatever suits them, as long as we have numbers and we don't exceed 12 players at Mandurah CC.

OzGolfers we have not heard from: topdog (I think he is overseas?), Veefore, Bruce Dickinson, qbnchopper..... any others?

Adlo are you coming around to my way of thinking are you??

I honestly don't mind where we play but i thought we could play Mandurah as it is a good track and we're pretty much driving past it on the way to Bunbury.
I am happy to play Harvey or where ever as long as it is atleast as good as Bunbury and Mandurah. Is Capel a chance?

simmsy
8th September 2009, 08:08 PM
It is a far superior track, but it is too far a drive for old man simmsy and his 40 kmh max speed.

I've just finished driving 9 hours straight then completed a survey and report then driving 9 hours back home tomorrow young fella. You would still be asking your Mummy for directions onto the freeway you muppet, let go of mummy's apronstrings :razz:

I expect Bunbury to be a pretty damned good track by the way, the thing that dissapoints me about it is that they obviously don't give a rats @rse about who they let join if they let "missing links" like you join!!

Will you get your h/c cards in in time Yoss, who can you suck up to, to sign your cards.
Adlo don't sign his cards and we play him off scratch for the champs, he's going to throw the anchor on his 3 cards.

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 08:10 PM

Simmsy you are such a bitter bitter old man. With your last outing vs PAR I would be more worried aboot you throwing out the anchor :mrgreen:

simmsy
8th September 2009, 08:22 PM
it's hard throwing the anchor when you can only go out .1 each time

simmsy
8th September 2009, 08:42 PM
Ok, it looks like we've got a bit of an outing happening here which should be great.
Now lets start sorting out the turkey -

Are we happy to play Stableford?
Par sux and Yossarian can't count past 7 so strokes out!

Prizes??

Are we all happy to put some cash in the hat and divvy up 1st,2nd,3rd
we could have 1 x Np on each 9 which tallies 5 allup.

Can we all afford $35 each for prizes?
If it doesn't suit some one speak up, no fun over stretching your means and copping a flogging from the cheese'n'kisses.

But along these lines perhaps

8 punters x $35 = $280

1st place Nett Points - $110
2nd - $55
3rd - $35
Total - $200

8 punters x $5 = $40
5 Np's @ $8 each pincc

8 punters x $5 = $40 put in for a carton for Adlo's Dad for putting us up for the night.

let better and other ideas fly this is just my thoughts let us know what other ways we could do it or not at all.

Johnny Canuck
8th September 2009, 08:46 PM
cash prizes can lead to cheating.

can we trust everyone?

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 08:51 PM
I don't trust canadians they always want moor money.

simmsy
8th September 2009, 08:51 PM
ok, understood. I am up at a little gold mine tonight how about i bring down a couple of ounces of the shiny yellow stuff with me.

I have to say JC i am a little dissapointed in you, who do you think we couldn't trust. I am most trustworthy to hold the float while the w'end takes place.8)

idgolfguy
8th September 2009, 08:55 PM
Have we thought about, dare i say it... Nuffie?

adlo
8th September 2009, 10:02 PM
I don't trust canadians they always want moor money.
Awesome.

I am happy with simmsy suggestion. I think everyone is trust worthy.

idgolfguy, I don't think that would work. Especially if we are spending a weekend with the guy. JC would give him the jager chokeslam for sure.

simmsy
8th September 2009, 10:04 PM
Awesome.

I am happy with simmsy suggestion. I think everyone is trust worthy.

idgolfguy, I don't think that would work. Especially if we are spending a weekend with the guy. JC would give him the jager chokeslam for sure.

Well then that settles it Nuff is definately in!
not.

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 10:31 PM
Can we have a prize for the most melted shot?

Johnny Canuck
8th September 2009, 10:45 PM
if nuffie comes, both he and his clubs go in the pond on the 9th at binningup.

just because he's your good mate id, doesn't mean that we should have to put up with him talking out of the side of his mouth at us all weekend.

MegaWatty
8th September 2009, 10:46 PM
Hey Simmsey. Love the Daygo. I'm just glad it was you editing the first post and not Yoss. Surely it'd end up as Gaydo if he was in charge.

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 10:48 PM
Hey no headcovers here MW :smt108

MegaWatty
8th September 2009, 10:52 PM
Hey no headcovers here MW :smt108

Cast or forged?

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 10:52 PM
Forged of course, forged is so much softer and makes me a better player.

:D

MegaWatty
8th September 2009, 10:54 PM
:)

Yossarian
8th September 2009, 10:54 PM
Ah the post boosting is spreading!

idgolfguy
8th September 2009, 11:47 PM
if nuffie comes, both he and his clubs go in the pond on the 9th at binningup.

just because he's your good mate id, doesn't mean that we should have to put up with him talking out of the side of his mouth at us all weekend.
He won't hear it from me!

simmsy
10th September 2009, 05:30 PM
Excuse me members of the committee, ahem....

Just wanting to confirm our courses of choice as I need to let Mandurah know whether we are certain starters there or not.

Mandurah, Binningup, Bunbury

or

Harvey, Binningup, Bunbury

I have know idea what Harvey is like so can't cast an opinion on it other than to say i reckon it would be a country hick slappers track with oil drenched sand greens that the only reason JC likes it is because it has Moose running around on it to quench his Canadian beastiallity fetish!

Apart from that I'm sure it's fine.

adlo
10th September 2009, 05:39 PM
I am happy with your suggestion simmsy. From all accounts Mandurah is a top track and breaks up the drive down.

Yossarian
10th September 2009, 05:46 PM
Simmsy that is one of your best posts yet.

Bruce Dickinson
10th September 2009, 05:46 PM
Harvey is great country track and last time I was their they had santa anna couch greens

idgolfguy
10th September 2009, 05:52 PM
Excuse me members of the committee, ahem....

I have know idea what Harvey is like so can't cast an opinion on it other than to say i reckon it would be a country hick slappers track with oil drenched sand greens that the only reason JC likes it is because it has Moose running around on it to quench his Canadian beastiallity fetish!

Apart from that I'm sure it's fine.
What's the plural for moose - miice?

simmsy
10th September 2009, 06:05 PM
If there is multiple moose's, miice on the course do you think JC could contain his multiple excitement?

or atleast keep it to behind a tree.

simmsy
10th September 2009, 06:08 PM
Harvey is great country track and last time I was their they had santa anna couch greens

Bruce in all seriousness just for a second here...

Have you played both? serious questions as I have not.
What would be the better track, M.CC greens are usually fantastic as well and i really like the course layout but would like to here from you on your take between the two courses if you could please.

btw - are you coming down for the w'end or atleast a 1 day affair?

Bruce Dickinson
10th September 2009, 06:35 PM
Bruce in all seriousness just for a second here...

Have you played both? serious questions as I have not.
What would be the better track, M.CC greens are usually fantastic as well and i really like the course layout but would like to here from you on your take between the two courses if you could please.

btw - are you coming down for the w'end or atleast a 1 day affair?

Mandurah is a better course no doubt...but Harvey as a country track maintained mainly by volunteers is good fun. I didnt read all of the thread so was unaware that their was a choice :lol:

weekend no chance, 1 day slightly better than no chance depending on whether I use my six day pass for the Aussie Masters ;)

Johnny Canuck
10th September 2009, 06:37 PM
Are we going to be anywhere near a Bingo Hall for Old Man Simmsy?

Sat night isn't complete without BINGO!

simmsy
10th September 2009, 08:21 PM
two fat ladies

two fat ladies

Yoss don't get too excited now young fella.

TourFit
11th September 2009, 12:21 AM
Simmsy, you awake...adlo, JC and I are all still up old man...(he's gone nigh nigh's)

Is there a Dolls House in Bunbury???

Reckon while we're away I'll take on some advice and get me there...:mrgreen:

idgolfguy
11th September 2009, 12:30 AM
I believe I am older than Simmsy and I'm still up.

rebjon
11th September 2009, 02:00 AM
Simmsy, you awake...adlo, JC and I are all still up old man...(he's gone nigh nigh's)

Is there a Dolls House in Bunbury???

Reckon while we're away I'll take on some advice and get me there...:mrgreen:

No dolls house which was actually R-Bar it closed about 6 months ago due to lack of interest.

simmsy
11th September 2009, 07:45 AM
R-Bar?? Are you talking about the Bunbury Club?

Dolls House is still alive and kicking from what I've heard.

IDG I know you are older than me mate, that is quiet clear to all that have seen you in person, like all old people you're shrinking at an incredibly fast rate or I'm still growing.

I am old no doubt, atm feeling very old indeed.
But i will still kick all of your sorry butts down south:razz:

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2009, 08:16 AM
ahhh. nothing as comforting as the handicap crutch, is there simmsy?

simmsy
11th September 2009, 08:35 AM
mate if we open a book on this event i'll be putting $20 of my hard earned on your lilly white canadian ass. You should wipe the floor with us over 2&1/2 rounds.

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2009, 09:05 AM
not a chance with you and your 17 shots. over the 2.5 rounds you get 30+ more shots than i do.

you're a bandit off that handicap. glad you're on my team next week.

simmsy
11th September 2009, 09:52 AM
just been thinking about that, this weather is killing me. was gonna play yesterday. I am away all next week get back late friday night. i'm gonna have to try and have a hit on the range somewhere on saturday. i won't have played since me and adlo pretended to play golf 2 weeks ago.
Believe me i will be needing all of my 17 shots next sunday.

adlo
11th September 2009, 11:15 AM
simmsy, make sure you get some practice my friend. No point having a bandit of they don't be a bandit.

If I was running a book I'd still have JC right up there.

The other notables would be simmsy and rebjon. Simmsy would depend on how rusty his game is and rebjon would depend on the putter. Playing 3 different courses means it is anyone's trophy though.

Although I know my way around Bunbury, I never score very well there. In fact, if anyone beats handicap around Bunbury I'd say they'll win it.

Yossarian
11th September 2009, 11:22 AM
I am clearly going to win this thing playing off 30.

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2009, 11:32 AM
i'd put money on the two you mention, simmsy because he is much better than 17 and rebjon as he hits it pretty straight. if you put me with simmsy, it could be his undoing, trying to get the extra 10, to keep up with my 4 iron.

you make a good point about redjon, his putting could come undone changing greens like that, but he is pretty consistent.

i have a hard time believing that id's hcap is what it is. i think he has as good of a chance as anyone.

my game is very inconsistent at the moment.

i had 4 birds on the back nine sunday, played 2 balls on 3 of holes for a little practice and had birds with two of them. i didn't realise that i had birdied 6 of the 9 until i was driving home, and 12 wasn't one of them.

i then went out wed morn and hit it very well. the speedline made me go out again in the afternoon and i was HORRIBLE! i put a ball over the fence on the 5th. there was a big wind left to right, but that is ridiculous! i couldn't hit a green to save my life.

i ended up doing a hammy from trying to swing the speedline too fast. my left leg is seriously killing me. i hope it doesn't hurt in the scramble tomorrow.

as long as TourFit doesn't win, we'll be ok. If he does, we might have to extend it until Monday to accomodate his acceptance speech.

if nuffie were to show up and win, it would confuse the hell out of the people sitting at a neighbouring table with his speech. with him talking out of the side of his mouth, they'd be trying to figure out how and why he was facing us, but his mouth was talking to them.

rebjon
11th September 2009, 12:09 PM
I just went back to the old trusty Callaway Tour Blue putter, trying to rekindle some good memories of decent putting rounds I had with the thing.

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2009, 12:10 PM
that's it. lots of tinkering for champs....

rebjon
11th September 2009, 12:11 PM
R-Bar?? Are you talking about the Bunbury Club?

Dolls House is still alive and kicking from what I've heard.

IDG I know you are older than me mate, that is quiet clear to all that have seen you in person, like all old people you're shrinking at an incredibly fast rate or I'm still growing.

I am old no doubt, atm feeling very old indeed.
But i will still kick all of your sorry butts down south:razz:

R bar was the strip part of Reef Bar...

rebjon
11th September 2009, 12:12 PM
that's it. lots of tinkering for champs....

Been swinging it for a while now and feels much better, just gaming it now....

Yossarian
11th September 2009, 12:25 PM
Is adlo really nick price???

http://www.golfdigest.com/instruction/2008/07/oneclub_price

simmsy
11th September 2009, 12:51 PM
Hey GolfNut, have you decided which way you're going on this w'end?

Daygo or weekend'o? we need to know, ho!

just when ever you get the chance to ask the better half.

Give her a bottle of wine tonight and bust some moves on her like you tell us all you can!:lol:

This w'end has cost me a pair of white gold diamond earrings!:evil:

simmsy
11th September 2009, 12:56 PM
No pretty sure this is him/her, well we all know it as Adlo -

http://images.hollywoodgrind.com:9000/images/2009/8/caster-semenya-gener-dispute-1.jpg

idgolfguy
11th September 2009, 12:58 PM
if nuffie were to show up and win, it would confuse the hell out of the people sitting at a neighbouring table with his speech. with him talking out of the side of his mouth, they'd be trying to figure out how and why he was facing us, but his mouth was talking to them.

Haven't said anything about this to him. He maybe playing the CUT though.

In terms of who's going to win...talk it up lads.

I'll be happy to do a Tom Watson and come in second.

adlo
11th September 2009, 12:59 PM
as long as TourFit doesn't win, we'll be ok. If he does, we might have to extend it until Monday to accomodate his acceptance speech.

Awesome :lol :lol:

idgolfguy is an inconsistent burglar. He is another chance.

This w'end has cost me a pair of white gold diamond earrings!:evil:
Ouch

No pretty sure this is him/her, well we all know it as Adlo -

http://images.hollywoodgrind.com:9000/images/2009/8/caster-semenya-gener-dispute-1.jpg
Is there meant to be a pic here simmsy? Need help with the internet old man?

simmsy
11th September 2009, 12:59 PM
well you are born in the same decade as Tommy boy aren't you.

The pic was there earlier today, i remember as i opened the thread 3 times to laugh at my own joke!

maybe the mods didn't like it?

it was a photo of Caster Semenya

Yossarian
11th September 2009, 01:01 PM
Is adlo really nick price???

http://www.golfdigest.com/instruction/2008/07/oneclub_price

Although nick price had a pretty quick swing:-k

adlo
11th September 2009, 01:02 PM
Pity I don't still have the Sonartec hybrid....

idgolfguy
11th September 2009, 01:06 PM
I have a Sonartec 3w and 5w if you want to try them?

Have done 4 shafts on my Callaways, 4 to go. Hopefull have them ready for the pilot test at the CUT.

Will fine tune them for the weekend so there won't be any excuses.

adlo
11th September 2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks but no thanks. I am no Nick Price and the Sonartec clubs were not for me.

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2009, 01:36 PM
Haven't said anything about this to him. He maybe playing the CUT though.

In terms of who's going to win...talk it up lads.

I'll be happy to do a Tom Watson and come in second.

that's good. he's not an active member on the forum, so he can't play.

we also don't want for him to become an active member of the forum.

simmsy, did you buy the earrings from zigwah's shady online guy?

think of how many new drivers you could have bought.

adlo
11th September 2009, 01:44 PM
My bro might get an invite to make up numbers, might have to sign him up for the forum then......

Yossarian
11th September 2009, 01:52 PM
Not two giant freaks on ozgolf!

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2009, 01:54 PM
there can be an exception for "la familia".

i don't think nuffie has descended from pygmies, so we are safe.

adlo
11th September 2009, 01:57 PM
My bro missed the giant freak gene

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2009, 01:58 PM
and by the looks of your hugeness, a lot of meals.

idgolfguy
11th September 2009, 01:59 PM
Nuffie ain't that tall a whiteman!

TourFit
11th September 2009, 03:38 PM
i'd put money on the two you mention, simmsy because he is much better than 17 and rebjon as he hits it pretty straight. if you put me with simmsy, it could be his undoing, trying to get the extra 10, to keep up with my 4 iron.

you make a good point about redjon, his putting could come undone changing greens like that, but he is pretty consistent.

i have a hard time believing that id's hcap is what it is. i think he has as good of a chance as anyone.

my game is very inconsistent at the moment.

i had 4 birds on the back nine sunday, played 2 balls on 3 of holes for a little practice and had birds with two of them. i didn't realise that i had birdied 6 of the 9 until i was driving home, and 12 wasn't one of them.

i then went out wed morn and hit it very well. the speedline made me go out again in the afternoon and i was HORRIBLE! i put a ball over the fence on the 5th. there was a big wind left to right, but that is ridiculous! i couldn't hit a green to save my life.

i ended up doing a hammy from trying to swing the speedline too fast. my left leg is seriously killing me. i hope it doesn't hurt in the scramble tomorrow.

:mrgreen: Even I laughed at that...and you are usually so NOT funny JC...

In fact if it were to happen my speech would be very short indeed... I will let the sound of the silence deafen you all.

"Save the seals...club a Canadian"

adlo
11th September 2009, 03:42 PM
and by the looks of your hugeness, a lot of meals.
Yeah, and I missed this one.

Not the case, my brother was a giant fweak early on and then stopped growing at 13 years of age. He played centre for his U14's basketball team and 2 years later he was the WA state captain playing point guard :shock:

And he always ate all the good food in the house and promised to pay me back and never did. Seriously, he owes me like 7000 packets of multi-pack chips.

TourFit
11th September 2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, and I missed this one.

Not the case, my brother was a giant fweak early on and then stopped growing at 13 years of age. He played centre for his U14's basketball team and 2 years later he was the WA state captain playing point guard :shock:

And he always ate all the good food in the house and promised to pay me back and never did. Seriously, he owes me like 7000 packets of multi-pack chips.

Sorry, he sold them ALL to me !! For my weight I should be your height :cry:

idgolfguy
11th September 2009, 05:23 PM
For my weight, I should be 6'4" and not 5' 5"!

There are a lot of tubs of butter to shift during a golf swing.

Pieface
11th September 2009, 05:29 PM
I couldn't find a chart that went tall enough :mrgreen:

Thumbsuck says I'm carrying 5-10kg too much still.

Yossarian
11th September 2009, 05:33 PM
I am a little under, 6'1 and 80 kg or so.

Pieface
11th September 2009, 05:38 PM
Right where you should be Yoss...bastard

adlo
11th September 2009, 05:40 PM
These things can't allow for "big bones"

Yossarian
11th September 2009, 05:43 PM
You guys need to lay off the pies.

Pieface
11th September 2009, 05:50 PM
A crack habit should strip the kg's off :-k

Yossarian
11th September 2009, 05:52 PM
You could charge for tourfits head to pay for the habit ;)

Pieface
11th September 2009, 06:12 PM
You could charge for tourfits head to pay for the habit ;)

Just putting the finishing touches on the website (http://www.pimphandproductions.com/images/pimp-hand-records-logo.jpg)

Then I'm in business :lol:

adlo
11th September 2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry simmsy, missed the comment in the edited 1st post. I think stableford is a good idea.

Pieface, are you tyre kicking this thread or you actually going to show up one day?

simmsy
11th September 2009, 09:07 PM
yeah definately s'ford.
we have to make sure gumby's like Yoss understand the rules of golf on things like lost balls as well. can't have some guys playing stroke and distance and another lot playing their leather wedge.

Yoss - thanks for the shaft big fella, just gotta figure out what to do with it. And NO i don't need any suggestions.

Yossarian
11th September 2009, 09:19 PM
Golfnut could be available for a bit of shafting?

simmsy
11th September 2009, 09:23 PM
he's all yours then Yoss.

Golfnut
11th September 2009, 10:35 PM
My ears are burning!!!!

Golfnut
11th September 2009, 10:36 PM
Did we (or those that are attending) agree on a date for the OSC down south?

adlo
12th September 2009, 07:22 AM
I find reading helps. I don't think anyone has objected to the original date suggested by old man river.

Johnny Canuck
12th September 2009, 08:05 AM
he's just too excited about putting his hand half up simmsy, give him a break!

adlo
12th September 2009, 08:06 AM

simmsy
12th September 2009, 02:25 PM
he's just too excited about putting his hand half up simmsy, give him a break!

cough..cough!

pardon me just choked on me pie reading that one.

GN November 7/8.
Go and ask the good half now!

Yossarian
12th September 2009, 03:11 PM
Can we play a warm up round at freo public on friday?

simmsy
12th September 2009, 03:13 PM
knock yourself out!!

we'll see you in mandurah on satdy.

simmsy
12th September 2009, 03:14 PM
whoops you already did that at freo didn't you!!:lol::lol:

Yossarian
12th September 2009, 03:14 PM
Very funny old man. How are you going carrying all your clubs by hand?

simmsy
12th September 2009, 03:15 PM
i find it's easier if you don't play at all.

Golfnut
12th September 2009, 11:18 PM
I find reading helps. I don't think anyone has objected to the original date suggested by old man river.

Reading! What's that? :lol: Nah....got through 4 pages of prattling and couldn't see the dates.

Anyway, I'm out unfortunately lads....it turns out it's the weekend of my daughter's 1st birthday and I wouldn't miss that for the world....although I will be green with envy over that weekend thinking of you guys out there.

Enjoy yourselves.

Johnny Canuck
12th September 2009, 11:35 PM
you couldn't have had a better excuse gn. enjoy the day.

adlo
13th September 2009, 01:59 PM
Golfnut, it is a shame you cannot be there, although I think you are secretly relieved. I think you were scared of the Mrs with this one.

Yossarian
13th September 2009, 02:10 PM
Reading! What's that? :lol: Nah....got through 4 pages of prattling and couldn't see the dates.

Anyway, I'm out unfortunately lads....it turns out it's the weekend of my daughter's 1st birthday and I wouldn't miss that for the world....although I will be green with envy over that weekend thinking of you guys out there.

Enjoy yourselves.

Simmsy you can unclench those butt cheeks now mate! :razz:

simmsy
13th September 2009, 03:15 PM
and breath out......aagggghhhhh!

adlo
13th September 2009, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't get too relaxed simmsy, I think Yoss might be keen to fill Golfnuts gloves so to speak.

simmsy
13th September 2009, 03:54 PM
and clench:shock:

adlo
13th September 2009, 04:05 PM

Golfnut
13th September 2009, 05:56 PM
Golfnut, it is a shame you cannot be there, although I think you are secretly relieved. I think you were scared of the Mrs with this one.

Ha ha.....I did ask mind you.....it was the missus that reminded me of the little ones b'day party which only wound her up even more :smt013 (b'day is actually on the 10th of Nov, I remembered that :smt038)
I didn't even attempt to suggest that we move the party to the following weekend!!! :smt093

Yossarian
13th September 2009, 05:57 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/24bkhvp.jpg

adlo
13th September 2009, 05:57 PM
She sounds like a lovely lass. Enjoy the bday party and we'll take plenty of pics to amplify the envy.

rebjon
14th September 2009, 07:53 PM
So have we worked out how we are getting there and tee times ???

Johnny Canuck
14th September 2009, 07:57 PM
we're borrowing the yoss family trailer. is should be warm enough for his folks to sleep on coogee beach.

adlo
14th September 2009, 07:59 PM
In cars.

TourFit in the rental van to accommodate clubs, ego and nastiness.

Mandurah CC will have to be between 0700 and 0715 (simmsy to arrange).
Binningup will have to be anytime after 1530.

Bunbury, way too far out to arrange with them, but course is open before midday for bookings, so I'd say mid morning should work.

simmsy
14th September 2009, 09:37 PM
Yep will call Mandurah tomorrow to confirm booking with proshop.
I will be driving down, i don't want to be seen in a golden/bronze 2door handa accord.

I can take two punters + gear if anyone needs a lift.

Johnny Canuck
14th September 2009, 09:54 PM
i'll take a ride if i can get it.

we can take my car if someone wants to drive from binningup to aldo's.

i plan on having a few coldies on the day and don't want to drive drunk with a cop in my foursome.:mrgreen:

TourFit
14th September 2009, 09:54 PM
I've also offered for a passenger...

...not sure if I'll fit anyone in though what with the clubs, ego and nastiness.

If it comes down to it, I'll leave the extra clubs behind and prove my true nastiness to you all perhaps???:twisted:

TourFit
14th September 2009, 09:56 PM
i'll take a ride if i can get it.

we can take my car if someone wants to drive from binningup to aldo's.

i plan on having a few coldies on the day and don't want to drive drunk with a cop in my foursome.:mrgreen:

Get him drunk too !!!! I have a cop friend who texts whilst driving...

Yossarian
14th September 2009, 09:56 PM
I would drive but as grandpa has pointed out my car ain't great for golf weekends. So a lift would be tops. Can I come with you gramps??

simmsy
14th September 2009, 10:03 PM
mmmmm... how do i say no without hurting your feelings Yoss?

screw your feelings - Nah!

Only joking mate of course you can grab a lift with us. JC can give you the sleeper hold on the way and it'll be peaceful from there on.

rebjon
14th September 2009, 10:18 PM
Shall I take the REX ???

or can i get a lift ????

TourFit
14th September 2009, 10:23 PM
I'll be coming from North of the river...I have one spot with plenty of luggage space...any takers???

simmsy
14th September 2009, 10:28 PM
Shall I take the REX ???

or can i get a lift ????

I can take just two punters though i might ask the mrs for the family bus and will be able to take 3 with luggage.

rebjon
14th September 2009, 10:30 PM
Sounds good I can chip in for fuel...

idgolfguy
14th September 2009, 11:34 PM
My car is an unknown to me and not sure if I want to take a chance. I don't mind trips to Mandurah or so. Tourfit, as I'm bringing the tent, could I catch a lift with you? I'll split fuel and buy you lunch or breakfast - whatever.

idgolfguy
14th September 2009, 11:37 PM
I'll be coming from North of the river...I have one spot with plenty of luggage space...any takers???
Thought I'd better respond directly in case this gets threadjacked.

A lift please! I'm not much of a drinker so I can drive if the need arises.

TourFit
15th September 2009, 08:18 AM
No problem id...all we need now is to arrange pickup! Send me a PM & we can arrange.

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2009, 08:28 AM
good. id can drive my car from binningup. i might have to raise the seat though!

rebjon
15th September 2009, 11:07 AM
http://www.wheelmeon.org/controls.jpg

idgolfguy
15th September 2009, 12:18 PM
Looks very comfortable though.

TourFit
15th September 2009, 01:31 PM
id...we'll be comfortable in the SS Crewman !!! Maybe except for my taste in music, you should be OK.

adlo
15th September 2009, 01:42 PM
OK, so idgolfguy and TourFit are driving together. Should be a fun drive, they can compare WITBs.

Rebjon & Yoss are grabbing a lift with simmsy.

JC, what are you doing?

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2009, 01:53 PM
i'll be driving. company car, no cost to me.

if i have a few drinks at binningup, i'll grab a driver. you can ride in mine if you want.

adlo
15th September 2009, 01:58 PM
OK, that might work, depends whether or not my bro is going to head down for the weekend.

How many in the Mazda?

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2009, 02:24 PM
3 easy without buggies. even with 2 giant fweaks.

adlo
15th September 2009, 02:26 PM
Sweet, but I don't know who the 2nd giant fweak is.

Lets make that the plan then. I'll drive the Mazda when required.

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2009, 02:34 PM
done

idgolfguy
15th September 2009, 03:52 PM
id...we'll be comfortable in the SS Crewman !!! Maybe except for my taste in music, you should be OK.
I'm old school music in the Jazz fusion vein. Could be an education one way or the other.

idgolfguy
15th September 2009, 03:55 PM
Sweet, but I don't know who the 2nd giant fweak is.

Lets make that the plan then. I'll drive the Mazda when required.
If you are in an enclosed environment that only contains two giant fweaks, does that mean that they are no longer giants? Relativily speaking of course.

TourFit
15th September 2009, 03:57 PM
'Jazz Fusion' covers a lot of ground these days...

just what kind of jazz fusion you into ???

I have a LOT of stuff on the iPod...there'll DEFINATELY be some common ground somewhere !!! You could always bring yours (or some CD's)

Won't be quite as adventurous like if aldo or Yoss were in the vehicle !!!

adlo
15th September 2009, 04:00 PM
TourFit, I have a very broad music base my fwend. I know, and can listen to Jazz fusion or whatever you have.

It does not mean I will like it.

idgolfguy, good point about the fweaks. I am not sure.

idgolfguy
15th September 2009, 04:07 PM
'Jazz Fusion' covers a lot of ground these days...

just what kind of jazz fusion you into ???

I have a LOT of stuff on the iPod...there'll DEFINATELY be some common ground somewhere !!! You could always bring yours (or some CD's)

Won't be quite as adventurous like if aldo or Yoss were in the vehicle !!!

I have an Iphone so systems are compatible. Chick Corea, Larry Carlton, Al Di Meola, Steve Morse, John Schofield etc.

I was into this music in the 80s and probably still stuck in that time capsule.

TourFit
15th September 2009, 04:11 PM
I have an Iphone so systems are compatible. Chick Corea, Larry Carlton, Al Di Meola, Steve Morse, John Schofield etc.

I was into this music in the 80s and probably still stuck in that time capsule.

We'll get along OK then on the music front...

simmsy
15th September 2009, 09:02 PM
Yoss, don't you get any friggin ideas about having any controls on the music front young fewwa!

Yossarian
15th September 2009, 09:03 PM
My taste is impeccable. ;)

simmsy
15th September 2009, 09:06 PM
My taste is impeccable, to 13 year old girls ;)

I'm not letting you play Lady friggin gaga on my stereo.

rebjon
15th September 2009, 09:07 PM
Yoss, don't you get any friggin ideas about having any controls on the music front young fewwa!

Ill bring some fiddy, lil john, lil wayne, T.I., Dr DRE, Snoop ect....

simmsy
15th September 2009, 09:09 PM
That settles it, JC can i get a lift with you. these two are weirdos!:lol:

Yossarian
15th September 2009, 09:12 PM
Simmsy I like neil young, you probably remember him from when you were about 40 or so? And his song Old Man?

simmsy
15th September 2009, 09:44 PM
Just for you Yoss I'm gonna put Harry Chapin's Greatest hits on the ipod for you to listen to. You'll love him.

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2009, 10:08 PM
rebjon can ride with me.

rebjon
15th September 2009, 10:22 PM
rebjon can ride with me.

:razz:

adlo
15th September 2009, 10:23 PM
Who are you, Nelly?

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2009, 10:41 PM
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/they-see-me-rollin.jpg

MegaWatty
15th September 2009, 10:49 PM
If you are in an enclosed environment that only contains two giant fweaks, does that mean that they are no longer giants? Relativily speaking of course.

They Might Be Giants?

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2009, 10:52 PM
Particle man, particle man...

MegaWatty
15th September 2009, 11:20 PM
Spider Pig, Spider Pig...

rebjon
15th September 2009, 11:33 PM
http://blogs.suburbanchicagonews.com/sportsbeacon/Snoop%20Golf1.jpg

MegaWatty
15th September 2009, 11:34 PM
Is S.D. trying to smoke that club???

rebjon
15th September 2009, 11:37 PM
Call me The Prince

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/hiphop/story_large/2008/12/30/will_smith_golfing_mexico.jpg

J.Lindennnnnnburg, Taylor Made, Adidas & Nike quite an assortment....

MegaWatty
15th September 2009, 11:46 PM
Call me The Prince

J.Lindenburg, Taylor Made, Adidas & Nike quite an assortment....

Drop the N...Get with the program!

adlo
16th September 2009, 11:16 AM
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/they-see-me-rollin.jpg

That is gold JC

simmsy
16th September 2009, 05:36 PM
So who am I taking?

Yoss and Rebjon?

Rebjon where you 'dog?

simmsy
16th September 2009, 05:36 PM
adlo, you heard from TopDog?

simmsy
16th September 2009, 05:41 PM
Hey my big brother might join us if that's ok?
I think he's down from the mines that w'end and enjoys a hit and a bet and an arguement if anyone is up for it:)