PDA

View Full Version : WA: Ozgolf Sandgroper Championship

Pages : 1 [2] 3

adlo
16th September 2009, 05:57 PM
The more the merrier, looking for 3 groups if possible (for the Saturday at least).

Simmsy, is your big brother older than you? If so, tell him Binningup does not have any golf carts, because I am sure he won't be able to walk it!

Topdog.... forgot, will email him now.

rebjon
16th September 2009, 06:01 PM
So who am I taking?

Yoss and Rebjon?

Rebjon where you 'dog?

Success

adlo
16th September 2009, 06:01 PM
Best avatar ever!

simmsy
16th September 2009, 06:02 PM
he's older but i'm bigger!
and yeah he is old!

Just confirmed 3 groups with Mandurah for Sat. 7th @ 7am.

They aren't coring until 9th November, will call them a week or so before to make sure they don't move it forward.

Rebjon - will pick you up on the way through, Yoss can you get to my place or Rebjon's?

rebjon
17th September 2009, 10:35 AM
he's older but i'm bigger!
and yeah he is old!

Just confirmed 3 groups with Mandurah for Sat. 7th @ 7am.

They aren't coring until 9th November, will call them a week or so before to make sure they don't move it forward.

Rebjon - will pick you up on the way through, Yoss can you get to my place or Rebjon's?

How much room have you got ????

simmsy
17th September 2009, 04:35 PM
How much gear you taking?

Will be taking the better halves Kluger so a reasonable amount of room, why:roll:

Johnny Canuck
17th September 2009, 08:49 PM
Kluger? And you worry about $100 on a driver?

simmsy
17th September 2009, 09:05 PM
that's why i worry about $100 drivers. paying for my good wifes toys!

good car though. best back seats i've ever seen in an everyday man's car, even giant freaks like you and Adlo can't reach the front seat with your size 15 hooves.

rebjon
18th September 2009, 02:45 AM
How much gear you taking?

Will be taking the better halves Kluger so a reasonable amount of room, why:roll:

Sticks(bag), Swag with small sleeping bag & clothes should be heaps of room in the fourbee...

simmsy
18th September 2009, 07:19 PM
yeah shouldn't be too much of a problem mate. Yoss will be in the back with the bags anyway, you and me will be comfy though.

adlo
20th September 2009, 10:09 PM
Might have to borrow my Dads old man buggy for this, I am feeling the pinch walking 36 this weekend!

simmsy
20th September 2009, 10:11 PM
have been wondering about groupings for the champs w'end and thinking i would rather have a coupl'a dollars on the match with a few others so was thinking if there are any other punters amongst us.
I wouldn't mind playing some skins at $1/hole with 4 in the group that makes for a nice little side pot. Anyone else keen?

Also does anyone have some NP markers that we could use?

simmsy
20th September 2009, 10:11 PM
Might have to borrow my Dads old man buggy for this, I am feeling the pinch walking 36 this weekend!

'as butter:roll:

adlo
20th September 2009, 10:12 PM
I am in for dollar skins. JC is ALWAYS keen.

No NTP markers here sorry simmsy.

Johnny Canuck
20th September 2009, 10:22 PM
all you need is a piece of paper and a tee. there will only be three groups max.

i'm in for the skin.

simmsy
20th September 2009, 10:25 PM
cool. you gotta play aussie dollar though mate.

adlo
20th September 2009, 10:28 PM
Shame Golfnut wont be there, I am sure he was keen for some simmsy skin too :mrgreen:

Yossarian
20th September 2009, 11:20 PM
I am always keen for a punt.

adlo
20th September 2009, 11:24 PM
I think $2 skins at Binningup, great course for skins.

Johnny Canuck
20th September 2009, 11:44 PM
i also vote for "choose your own flag" on the two holes with two. either that or the left pin on the par 5 and the right on the par 3 as they're the "championship" pins.

we should also play off the back tees as the rotating tee business they employ can really take away from some of the holes if you get stuck on the front tees.

it's not overly long, so it won't be too long for simmsy.

adlo
20th September 2009, 11:48 PM
As we are only playing 9, I second the back markers and choose your own flag (nominated prior to approach)

Golfnut
21st September 2009, 12:19 AM
Shame Golfnut wont be there, I am sure he was keen for some simmsy skin too :mrgreen:

Hey...I might still be a chance there as a daygo for at least Mandurah mate....

And get it right, I was after some ASS not just skin :mrgreen:

MegaWatty
21st September 2009, 01:03 AM
Hey guys,

Do you get to Binningup down the new bypass or do you have to go the old way?

adlo
21st September 2009, 09:08 AM
Hey...I might still be a chance there as a daygo for at least Mandurah mate....

And get it right, I was after some ASS not just skin :mrgreen:
Good to hear mate.

Hey guys,

Do you get to Binningup down the new bypass or do you have to go the old way?
Bypass all the way. Bypass joins back in at Preston Beach. Binningup is about 15-20kms short of Australind.

TourFit
21st September 2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah adlo that's true...

...but remember we're playing at Mandurah first. So likely best to just go the old way. Otherwise you are going 'backwards' to go forwards.

simmsy
21st September 2009, 09:31 AM
yep like the $2 at B'up Aldo.

And yeah definately play the back marks on the course also, with nominated pin position.

Did you not see me play yesterday JC. I was leaving adlo for dead mate, he is really short off the tee:razz:

Your mate Dave is the freak thought for sure.

adlo
21st September 2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah adlo that's true...

...but remember we're playing at Mandurah first. So likely best to just go the old way. Otherwise you are going 'backwards' to go forwards.
MW is heading there this week TourFit, get with the program!!!!!

And yeah definately play the back marks on the course also, with nominated pin position.

Did you not see me play yesterday JC. I was leaving adlo for dead mate, he is really short off the tee:razz:

I could get "my" extra 10m with the MX700 simmsy, just prefer the TMTB, so we will see how it goes with the Epic in there.

It was nice to see JC brought back to earth a little bit with kike fairways. Sure, he was about 40m past us, but at Kennedy Bay it would roll low and hard for another 40m on top of that.

mike
21st September 2009, 08:51 PM
I'm out.

adlo
21st September 2009, 08:54 PM
That is a damn shame Mike, I was hoping to pick up the groove cleaner free of postage

mike
21st September 2009, 08:56 PM
You haven't paid for 'nothing' yet.

adlo
21st September 2009, 09:05 PM
:oops:

mike
21st September 2009, 09:19 PM
Don't worry about it.

Ned
27th September 2009, 07:53 PM
:smt064http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpos...9&postcount=51 (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=373519&postcount=51):-"

adlo
6th October 2009, 02:14 PM
With the current dates, Topdog is a definite non starter. Although funnily enough, he is playing Bunbury GC with a social club on the 8th. Apparently they have 5 slots from 8:00am, I might have to ring and see what times we can get. Although we will only need 2 slots by the looks of it.

simmsy
6th October 2009, 04:07 PM
cool, looking forward to bgc.
will adlo come home with a wet sail with his vast local knowledge or will the canadian's sledging about his girly swing see him crumble and and cry for his blanky!

Topdog
6th October 2009, 04:39 PM
Hi boys , just got back from 5 weeks hols (with clubs in tow) and will already be playing Busselton on sat 7th and Bunbury sun 8th.
Hope to see you all there,
Cheers,
Phil

adlo
6th October 2009, 05:23 PM
cool, looking forward to bgc.
will adlo come home with a wet sail with his vast local knowledge or will the canadian's sledging about his girly swing see him crumble and and cry for his blanky!

I am no chance with my current golf "swing". Way too much happening upstairs, need to persist with the lessons but it is unlikely I will be any better by November.

I can however, offer caddy tips to playing partners around Bunbury if I feel like it. Simmsy, you are not looking good fwend.

Zeusgolf
6th October 2009, 06:08 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mNCYcrDgL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aandre+the+giant&page=1&keywords=andre+the+giant&ie=UTF8&qid=1254816191

simmsy
6th October 2009, 11:47 PM
Can't wait to take plenty of your coin fwend! Mind you i won't be in any better form. The way things are looking atm i should be able to get my next hit in sometime around the 29th Oct.
Maybe I will peak for the champs!

Should one "taper" before going into a big comp like this? or just go as hard as you can right up to the eve of the first round?

I feel i should taper for this contest!:D

TourFit
10th October 2009, 11:25 PM
Can't wait to take plenty of your coin fwend! Mind you i won't be in any better form. The way things are looking atm i should be able to get my next hit in sometime around the 29th Oct.
Maybe I will peak for the champs!

Should one "taper" before going into a big comp like this? or just go as hard as you can right up to the eve of the first round?

I feel i should taper for this contest!:D

More like tamper, old man !!!

simmsy
16th October 2009, 11:51 PM
Adlo - has anything happened with accomodation yet?
No stress just wondering, i think maybe we'll be making the trip down both days or perhaps play bunbury on the sunday morning and b'up on the way back to Perth?

adlo
16th October 2009, 11:56 PM
Funnily enough was just sending you a PM about it.

Accommodation will be fine. Dad just back in town, will sort it out this week. We'll make it work.

simmsy
17th October 2009, 04:22 PM
gday all - just want to get a final fit on numbers. PM me back for confirming your coming asap so we know whos in and whos out.

cheers

simmsy..

Johnny Canuck
18th October 2009, 10:09 PM
in.

aldo, i'm voting against tiger, although he would be great for entertainment value. imagine tourfit and tige fighting over who gets to talk?

simmsy
18th October 2009, 11:42 PM
Yoss is a doubtful starter!
apparently he has to wear a dress to some wedding on that w'end for a 2nd cousin or something:roll:

adlo
19th October 2009, 01:46 AM
Ha! Actually, TourFit is pretty quiet on the course.

My brother is still an option for a starter. Let us know how the numbers look simmsy

simmsy
19th October 2009, 10:46 AM
yeah not sure when yoss is able to confirm if he is a starter.

we have 6 weekenders confirmed.
awaiting reply from MegaWatty as to his movements and then Yoss has to decide what is more important to him.:razz:

TourFit
19th October 2009, 11:40 PM
yeah not sure when yoss is able to confirm if he is a starter.

we have 6 weekenders confirmed.
awaiting reply from MegaWatty as to his movements and then Yoss has to decide what is more important to him.:razz:

Wearing the dress obviously...and she's only a girlfriend FFS !!! It's NOT like she's his wife :mrgreen:...and WE got managed to get to go.

simmsy
20th October 2009, 01:26 PM
Yes, I fear for the future of poor Yossarian if he is getting told where his priorities lie even before he is married.

simmsy
20th October 2009, 01:30 PM
MegaWatty can't make it unfortunate ly!

Adlo is your brother able to fill in the 8 spot?

My brother may still play on the saturday morning at Halls Head but he won't confirm, it depends on how hung over he is on that morning.

Yossarian
20th October 2009, 07:53 PM
Yes, I fear for the future of poor Yossarian if he is getting told where his priorities lie even before he is married.

Hey lets slow down here mr "I buy my wife toyota kluger and spend less on golf crubs because she has my balls in a vice.":razz:

The wedding is not an issue. I am in.

adlo
20th October 2009, 10:03 PM
Spoke to my brother, he is keen, but in pencil.

Will be sorting out accommodation tomorrow, but like I said, I will make something work.

simmsy
20th October 2009, 10:12 PM
good job Yoss!! Glad to see you are on board mate. I didn't really have any doubts about you but enjoy ribbing you just the same. good stuff!

Adlo - no dramas 'bout your bro, bro!
It looks like we will have 7 definates on the 1st tee at Halls Head and then a couple of blow-ins more than likely.

simmsy
20th October 2009, 10:35 PM
There will be 7 in the entire w'end so we will all be putting in $40 each for prizes?

The breakdown of money will be -

7 punters x $40 = $280

1st place Nett S'ford Points - $110
2nd - $50
3rd - $30
Total - $190

5 x NP's @ $10 each pin
= $50

That comes to $240 with $40 left over for a carton or something for Adlo's family for putting up with us for the night.

Any day trippers (MW or my brother) can put in $10 to be put towards the NP on the course that they play.

So make sure you all bring your money to pay me my winnings! Try and make sure you have some fivers in your kitty so we're not stuffing around too much when it comes to divvy up on Sunday.

Zeusgolf
20th October 2009, 11:14 PM
in.

aldo, i'm voting against tiger, although he would be great for entertainment value. imagine tourfit and tige fighting over who gets to talk?

I think tiger would be great, could take him down the pub for some UFC :)

adlo
20th October 2009, 11:21 PM
simmsy, happy with the kitty, sounds good.

Zues, tend to agree with the canadian. I think he'd be a bit of fun on the course, it is the saturday night shenanigans I am worried aboot. Plus, if we are staying with my family, I do not want to be excommunicated for a particular Californians antics.

adlo
26th October 2009, 02:42 PM
Accommodation is all good.

2 spare beds. 1 is for me.

The other bed can be claimed by the 27 hole leader. In the event of a dead heat for the lead after day 1, I propose a countback based on the best score at Binningup.

The other blokes will be on the floor in the study and lounge. I think there is a spare air mattress, 1 couch so a few people will need a swag or air mattress.

Edit: We are booked at Bunbury GC for 0900, Sunday 8/11. We need to clear the 10th tee before the midday comp starts, so I tried for 930 but got told they would prefer us to hit off at 9am to be safe. They must have known I would be bringing a bunch of hackers.

TourFit
26th October 2009, 04:09 PM

The other bed can be claimed by the 27 hole leader. In the event of a dead heat for the lead after day 1, I propose a countback based on the best score at Binningup.

The other blokes will be on the floor in the study and lounge. I think there is a spare air mattress, 1 couch so a few people will need a swag or air mattress.

Edit: We are booked at Bunbury GC for 0900, Sunday 8/11. We need to clear the 10th tee before the midday comp starts, so I tried for 930 but got told they would prefer us to hit off at 9am to be safe. They must have known I would be bringing a bunch of hackers.

You must have seen me play Bunbury yesterday ??? :mrgreen:

I was 2 off the lead in a field of 20 after 54 holes...just needed to play solid...got 26 pts :shock: And after 3 days of good golf too...Bunbury had some of the scariest pin placements I've ever seen. Apparently with the practice rounds for the PGA coming up this week they wanted to keep the traffic from the designated areas, hence scary pins where they would likely not normally be. Greens were fast too 11 or so (and no doubt speeding up a touch later in the week!!)

The Lajosi is HOT !!! Played Meadow Springs on Thursday with the greens running as fast as I've ever played (around 11.5+ to 12 I reckon) and 3 putted once. Busso was also fast, and for a public course Dunsborough Lakes greens really surprised me with how good and fast they were (although the slowest of the four).

simmsy
26th October 2009, 10:36 PM

So Adlo, just to confirm we are all indoors?

Will just bring my roll out mattress and sleeping bag then.

I have to pack this weekend as i am away all next week and don't get back until late on Friday night.

simmsy
26th October 2009, 10:38 PM
My brother is 90% confirmed for Sat Morn at Mandurah, he will be bringing his little girl (6yo) as he has to look after her that w'end. Shes good though and my brother is as well with guys doing as guys do on the golf course.

cheers

simmsy..

Johnny Canuck
26th October 2009, 10:42 PM
is it ok with mandurah?

simmsy
26th October 2009, 11:24 PM
is it ok with mandurah?

you mean is the booking ok??

yeah i rang them last week and we are all set, have to tee off at 7am sharp (first group) we have 3 groups booked.

they core their greens on the monday after we play.

Johnny Canuck
26th October 2009, 11:48 PM
mandurah ok with the 6 year old. some courses state no walkers allowed with groups. i guess you can just tell them it's your grandaughter, old man.

adlo
26th October 2009, 11:55 PM
Yes, we will all be indoors.

Will we need more than 2 groups at Mandurah?

If my brother is number 9, he will happily sit out.

Edit: PS. I have vouchers for Mandurah CC for 25% off green fees and at Bunbury you will all be able to play on guest rates ($25pp I think).

MegaWatty
27th October 2009, 01:11 AM
Guys.

I probably can't make it, but I'm going to put up a novelty prize of any console or PC game you want (as long as I have it). It'll be a newey.

So you guys decide who should win it and what for. No need to mention where I work for those that know, but there's a fair collection.

adlo
27th October 2009, 01:22 AM
Megwatty, shame you can't make it. Good job on the donation though!

TourFit, Bunbury is playing tough. I mentioned it in another thread as I played there last Thursday. They had just mowed the greens and they were the fastest I have ever seen (by a foot or two). The pin placements were crazy weren't they? Looking forward to a more sedate round there on the 8th.

Johnny Canuck
27th October 2009, 01:31 AM
Guys.

I probably can't make it, but I'm going to put up a novelty prize of any console or PC game you want (as long as I have it). It'll be a newey.

So you guys decide who should win it and what for. No need to mention where I work for those that know, but there's a fair collection.

awesome donation. i'll take a console if i win, for sure!

MegaWatty
27th October 2009, 01:37 AM
You won't win, so I'm comfortable with your mis-interpretation. :)

adlo
27th October 2009, 01:42 AM
Or there is always the blasted "edit" button.

MegaWatty
27th October 2009, 01:45 AM
Meh. My prize, my rules. Read it however you want. I'm more than willing to disappoint someone. :)

Johnny Canuck
27th October 2009, 01:46 AM
you don't know what novelty we'll put on it.

i'm nominating "top canadian"

MegaWatty
27th October 2009, 01:48 AM
Hmmmm. Good point. You'll still be disappointed.

adlo
27th October 2009, 01:49 AM
:lol:

"Best Nuffie impersonation"

Johnny Canuck
27th October 2009, 01:55 AM
no need for that. one is enough. we don't need copies.

adlo
27th October 2009, 02:00 AM
"best giant fweak"

TourFit
27th October 2009, 11:42 AM
adlo, you're lucky Pieface can't make it...that'd be a close call :mrgreen:

Pieface
27th October 2009, 12:54 PM
I'm a little ahead on the giant stakes and Adlo is the clear leader in the fweak stakes so he's probably still a lock :lol:

adlo
27th October 2009, 07:54 PM
Nice!

After todays golf, I am going to have to bring the odds for simmsy in.

He has driven the ball so solid the last 3-4 rounds I have played with him (since he bought the Spine driver).

If he starts rolling a few 6-10 footers in, we are done for.

simmsy
27th October 2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah like i said today me putting aint horrible just not getting the job done.

anyone got any worthwhile ideas on where the much appreciated contribution from MW could go?

could do something like lowest nett across the par 5's? or fewest putts for the w'end?

Golfnut
27th October 2009, 10:34 PM
....or just a pity prize for me not being able to make :(

Yossarian
27th October 2009, 10:35 PM
Youngest player.

Golfnut
27th October 2009, 10:36 PM
1 Matchplay win from behind and he's already calling himself a PLAYA!!!!

Go Yoss :)

Yossarian
27th October 2009, 10:38 PM
I am still not sure I actually won...

Golfnut
27th October 2009, 10:43 PM
I'm still not sure I should have been off 21 today....

Yossarian
27th October 2009, 10:44 PM
Yep scratch for you next time ;)

adlo
27th October 2009, 10:44 PM
Do you have Zues gross scores as well? I will investigate!

simmsy, not sure, perhaps lowest putts. It will be well deserved after a weekend of tricky greens. 2 putts taken when you wipe a hole.

Golfnut
27th October 2009, 10:46 PM
Yep scratch for you next time ;)

I'm extending the middle finger....:smt098

Yossarian
27th October 2009, 10:49 PM
There is a smilie for that. ;)
:smt098

Golfnut
27th October 2009, 10:51 PM
Post edited

Yossarian
27th October 2009, 10:52 PM
:smt038

simmsy
27th October 2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah - lowest putts could be the go, whoever gets it will be a deserved winner.

Everyone happy with lowest putts total for MW prize.

adlo
27th October 2009, 11:06 PM
Screw democracy simmsy

MegaWatty
27th October 2009, 11:15 PM
I'm cool for sponsoring the putting, however, my vote is 2.5 putts for a wiped hole. A little picky, but really rewards the good putters.

Yossarian
27th October 2009, 11:17 PM
How about best looking WA ozgolfer

simmsy
28th October 2009, 12:05 AM
I'm cool for sponsoring the putting, however, my vote is 2.5 putts for a wiped hole. A little picky, but really rewards the good putters.

yeah good point MW - hell I reckon make it 3, 2.5 is too hard to add up with Yossarian playing.

Yoss stop rackin up your post count.

adlo
28th October 2009, 02:49 AM
As long as it is consistent across the board, 2.5 or 3 is fine with me.

I think low putts should be rewarded.

TourFit
28th October 2009, 11:55 AM
Excellent :smt038 I'll bring the Lajosi...

That means if we are counting putts I can resurrect the "Putt-Off" with adlo that he chickened out on at The Cut :mrgreen:

Then again, his 14 putts in 9 holes at Kwinana is making me nervous :-k

simmsy
28th October 2009, 12:30 PM
yeah, don't think i've seen anyone be so cold with the putter for 5-6 holes and then turn it completely around like he did. couldn't miss from inside 12ft.

It was a great round of golf yesty where all three of us played some pretty good golf at times and then coming down the last none of us were on the fairway for the length of the hole, but adlo still pars it.:smt013

simmsy
28th October 2009, 12:36 PM
Ok so its official and added in up the top of the page -

THE MEGAWATTY PLATE - AWARDED TO LOWEST PUTTS OVER THE THREE ROUNDS!!
mw kindly donated a console (game or PC game) which will go to lowest putts total over the 45 holes.
If you wipe a hole it counts as 2.5putts!

Johnny Canuck
28th October 2009, 12:38 PM
predicted winning putts score: 80.

Yoss' predicted putt score: 112

Pieface
28th October 2009, 12:51 PM
JC's in with the mind games. 2 down mate, only 5 more to sledge by Nov 7 :lol:

TourFit
28th October 2009, 02:01 PM
JC's in with the mind games. 2 down mate, only 5 more to sledge by Nov 7 :lol:

He'll do that by the end of business today !!!

He'll be no threat on his h'cap...especially when we resort to the dirty tricks.

Yossarian
28th October 2009, 03:27 PM
Pfft my putting is solid. As solid as the rest of my game. Which is very solid.

TourFit
28th October 2009, 03:33 PM
Solid...like seriously constipated solid??

Pieface
28th October 2009, 04:04 PM
Pfft my putting is solid. As solid as the rest of my game. Which is very solid.

One come from behind matchplay victory and your game is:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/Videlion/golf/solid-gold--k-j-yesudas-vol-1.jpg

eh Yoss?

adlo
28th October 2009, 05:23 PM
I think 80 putts will be good enough as well (especially if everyone wipes a few holes with the 2.5 putt rule).

There was no shortage of controversy surrounding Yossarian's comeback matchplay victory, so I think he should stop building his game up too much....

Yossarian
28th October 2009, 05:29 PM
I don't believe my solid form has been linked to the matchplay in any of my posts adho...

adlo
28th October 2009, 05:33 PM
Just building on Piefaces assumptions. Who said I needed facts?

Yossarian
28th October 2009, 05:39 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/1568dvp.jpg

Pieface
28th October 2009, 05:52 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/1568dvp.jpg

Yossarian this is not Nam. This is golfing, there are rules.

Johnny Canuck
28th October 2009, 05:56 PM
Shut the **** up Pieface. You're out of your element!

idgolfguy
28th October 2009, 06:01 PM
yeah, don't think i've seen anyone be so cold with the putter for 5-6 holes and then turn it completely around like he did. couldn't miss from inside 12ft.

It was a great round of golf yesty where all three of us played some pretty good golf at times and then coming down the last none of us were on the fairway for the length of the hole, but adlo still pars it.:smt013

I had 12 putts on the front at Kwinana.

adlo
28th October 2009, 06:03 PM
ON TOPIC:

How are you going to decide upon which holes to use for NTP?

Remember Binningup has 3 x par 3's. However, with the suggestion of "calling" which flag you are hitting towards on the split greens (#5 and #9), #9 cannot be used for an NTP.

Pieface
28th October 2009, 06:07 PM
Shut the **** up Pieface. You're out of your element!

Yossarian
28th October 2009, 06:38 PM
ON TOPIC:

How are you going to decide upon which holes to use for NTP?

Remember Binningup has 3 x par 3's. However, with the suggestion of "calling" which flag you are hitting towards on the split greens (#5 and #9), #9 cannot be used for an NTP.

9 would be an easy NTP.

Zeusgolf
28th October 2009, 06:45 PM
One come from behind matchplay victory and your game is:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/Videlion/golf/solid-gold--k-j-yesudas-vol-1.jpg

eh Yoss?

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=388365&postcount=118

bergsey
28th October 2009, 06:50 PM
How about best looking WA ozgolfer

I'm not coming along.......

adlo
28th October 2009, 06:55 PM
So hot right now........

TourFit
28th October 2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah well...don't you dare take that shirt off.

Johnny Canuck
28th October 2009, 09:32 PM
I say we use 9 at Binningup as it could be the best 3 we play all weekend. Use whatever pin is tucked on the right side, over the water.

adlo
28th October 2009, 09:35 PM
But that stuffs the "choose your flag" thing up.

Should we play choose flag on #5 only then?

Also for Binningup, we will need to choose a tee colour before we arrive.

MegaWatty
28th October 2009, 09:38 PM
predicted winning putts score: 80.

Yoss' predicted putt score: 112

Who's going to be Tweeting or updating the results???

adlo
28th October 2009, 09:44 PM
idgolfguy is the obvious thought (with iPhone).

I can try through mobile phone, but find navigating pretty tedious.

Will have internet access Saturday night, so can post a decent update then.
Sunday can be an update from someones phone.

Johnny Canuck
28th October 2009, 09:48 PM
Back tees at Binningup. Every hole. Otherwise, some holes are almost off the ladies.

I vote, #5, choose your own flag the entire way. Doesn't have to be determined or decided until you hole out.

adlo
28th October 2009, 09:51 PM
Lets put that one to the vote. Could be a bit of fun.

Mens white/blue tees off the ladies? Can't think of what hole does that? Put that to a vote.

Yossarian
28th October 2009, 09:52 PM
I am easy, depends on the weather in a way. If it is blowing a gale I vote not for the back markers.

Johnny Canuck
28th October 2009, 10:01 PM
I thought we decided ages ago we'd do the back at Binningup.

I doesn't make too much of a difference at that place. 10-15m.

It's only 9 holes, play it right, bitches.

adlo
28th October 2009, 10:07 PM
Touchy, touchy.

Can't remember what was discussed. I am happy either way. Just need to set rules in concrete before tee off to prevent any cry babies emerging.

Mainly NTP at Binningup and rules on #5.

I am happy with suggestion of:

a) NTP on #9, RH flag (yellow). Will make for some good spectating when the 1st group gets to watch the 2nd group play out.

b) #5. Should we play "choose your own flag"? No need to nominate, just hole out as you see fit.

Johnny Canuck
28th October 2009, 10:27 PM
i also vote for "choose your own flag" on the two holes with two. either that or the left pin on the par 5 and the right on the par 3 as they're the "championship" pins.

we should also play off the back tees as the rotating tee business they employ can really take away from some of the holes if you get stuck on the front tees.

it's not overly long, so it won't be too long for simmsy.

As we are only playing 9, I second the back markers and choose your own flag (nominated prior to approach)

You've been hanging around Zeus too long, Aldo. His softness is rubbing off on you.

adlo
28th October 2009, 10:44 PM
Quite possibly.

Old man simmsy's amnesia is helping me either.

idgolfguy
29th October 2009, 12:37 AM
idgolfguy is the obvious thought (with iPhone).

I can try through mobile phone, but find navigating pretty tedious.

Will have internet access Saturday night, so can post a decent update then.
Sunday can be an update from someones phone.

Yes, I can update Ozgolf on the phone easily enough.

TourFit
29th October 2009, 12:03 PM
Hey guys,

Can we double up and push some of the matchplay games through on the Sat/Sun...?

We'd do normal cards for the stableford points but pair up designated matchplay games in the same fourball (and they keep hole by hole score amongst themselves).

That way I could play id on Sat at Mandurah (cos I missed out on playing him this week at Kwinana), and then the winner could play next opponent Sunday (if present!). Likewise with the other guys!!!

adlo
29th October 2009, 12:54 PM
You missed out on 2009 Matchplay glory TourFit.

It has been dragging for far too long. So, as per the matchplay thread, the semi's have been decided.

JC and I are going to play at Joondalup.
Yossarian and idgolfguy may as well do the same.

TourFit
29th October 2009, 01:21 PM
Bugger...:cry:

Joondalup on the 24th Nov? A month away...

...If id and I play off the 1/4 we missed on Tues, next week in Mandurah, the winner can play Yoss at Joondy on the 24th. Nothing changes. Semi still at Joondalup playing Yoss...what difference would it make. At least id doesn't get a walk through, at least I get a go, and Yoss still will have to play his arse off to beat either of us!

Come on Big Daddy...have a heart.

"...You know it makes sense..." (and I'm NOT Sam Kekovich)

idgolfguy
29th October 2009, 01:29 PM
I'm fine with that - hopefully my hc would blow out to 16 by then and get closer to Yoss.

Pieface
29th October 2009, 01:35 PM
Bugger...:cry:

Joondalup on the 24th Nov? A month away...

...If id and I play off the 1/4 we missed on Tues, next week in Mandurah, the winner can play Yoss at Joondy on the 24th. Nothing changes. Semi still at Joondalup playing Yoss...what difference would it make. At least id doesn't get a walk through, at least I get a go, and Yoss still will have to play his arse off to beat either of us!

Come on Big Daddy...have a heart.

"...You know it makes sense..." (and I'm NOT Sam Kekovich)

You're pleading a case but the best way to get this through is a cash incentive ;)

idgolfguy
29th October 2009, 01:38 PM
TF is should have special dispensation for the amount of support that he provides to our events and personally.

TourFit
29th October 2009, 01:48 PM
I'm fine with that - hopefully my hc would blow out to 16 by then and get closer to Yoss.

On second thoughts...:-k I hope to God that that means headcover...:mrgreen:

You off 16...now is that right? I've seen you hit a ball.

And thanks for the vote id...

Pieface, I'll pay you $5 to shut up....:lol:

Johnny Canuck
29th October 2009, 02:03 PM
let 'em play

adlo
29th October 2009, 02:18 PM
OK, if they are happy to play at Mandurah, so be it.

Adlo has spoken.

Shit, now I have to edit the WA Matchplay thread again.

Zeusgolf
29th October 2009, 02:23 PM
You've been hanging around Zeus too long, Aldo. His softness is rubbing off on you.

I think Yoss and I should go in cage and the winner goes on to the next round of match play !

I bet i can get him to concede after a short time....

Then we will see who is soft !

adlo
29th October 2009, 02:23 PM
Simmsy, please note this for groupings.

Suggested groupings for Mandurah CC:

Group 1 (The Punters)

adlo
JC
simmsy
simmsy's bro

Group 2 (The softies)

Zuesgolfer
Yossarian
idgolfguy
TourFit

Binningup should mix it up, and Bunbury should be seeded, Top 4 scores after Saturday to play in the final group at Bunbury.

Zeusgolf
29th October 2009, 02:27 PM
Simmsy, please note this for groupings.

Suggested groupings for Mandurah CC:

Group 1 (The Punters)

adlo
JC
simmsy
simmsy's bro

Group 2 (The softies)

Zuesgolfer
Yossarian
idgolfguy
TourFit

Binningup should mix it up, and Bunbury should be seeded, Top 4 scores after Saturday to play in the final group at Bunbury.

Just found out i'm on evening shift on Friday night finishing work at 4am.....no thats soft !!!!

Yossarian
29th October 2009, 02:58 PM
Hey i am happy to gamble.

idgolfguy
29th October 2009, 03:28 PM
Me too.
Haven't lost side-bet cash in any of the OZgolf outings as yet.

TourFit
29th October 2009, 03:33 PM
More than happy to gamble...as long as I don't lose to adlo (AGAIN!).

adlo
29th October 2009, 10:07 PM
OK, cool, all players happy for some side bets.....

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/b/borat_high_five-12333.jpg

MegaWatty
29th October 2009, 10:50 PM
Me too.
Haven't lost side-bet cash in any of the OZgolf outings as yet.

What about KB when I played?

Didn't Simmsy and Yoss clean us all up???

idgolfguy
29th October 2009, 11:05 PM
What about KB when I played?

Didn't Simmsy and Yoss clean us all up???

Didn't play any sidebets other than drinks but point taken as I had forgotten.

MegaWatty
29th October 2009, 11:10 PM
There was money on putts and the win. Yoss picked up all the cash at the end.

Yossarian
29th October 2009, 11:12 PM
Hey i gave simmsy his share, if you were playing on the ozgolf side you woulda done better :)

idgolfguy
29th October 2009, 11:14 PM
There was money on putts and the win. Yoss picked up all the cash at the end.

Amazing - I've seen him play! Did we actually show up?

Yossarian
29th October 2009, 11:16 PM

Wanker.

simmsy
29th October 2009, 11:20 PM
Ok haven't posted in this thread for all of about 2 days but so much crap has been coming through.

b'up - 5th choose your pin as you get there, adds to a bit of fun. each golfer to his own.

all tees will be back markers blue, white or red what ever is the back marker.

NTP at b'up will be the 9th RHS pin position.

happy with Adlo's suggestions with the groupings.

TF and IDG are doing there thing, i would like to avoid Yoss where i can and Zeus may arrest my brother by the 3rd hole if they are paired together. though JC is a good bet to sleeper hold him too.

Anything else need clearing up?

Yossarian
29th October 2009, 11:22 PM
Simmsy do not deny your affection for me. It is as obvious as it is unwanted. You wish you were grouped with me.

simmsy
29th October 2009, 11:23 PM
so are you driving yourself down to mandurah?

simmsy
29th October 2009, 11:24 PM
...seriously i would like to know cause it will determine which car i drive and i have to pack on this w'end as i'm away all next week.

Yossarian
29th October 2009, 11:24 PM
Touché old man touché, I am going to drive myself yes, will be easier for everyone involved I feel. :)

adlo
30th October 2009, 09:58 PM
NTP's at Mandurah..... any ideas?

At Bunbury, I would suggest #1 & #10, easy to remember and will have a gallery to add to the pressure.

Johnny Canuck
30th October 2009, 10:17 PM
The 17th, longer three, downhill, awesome hole. Better than the long par 3 on the front. Both of the long 3s are better than the shorter ones. However, a balance is good so that Mrs. Sims doesn't have to hit driver.

17 is one of the top holes on the course.

The two short ones are the 3rd (136m) and the 14th (137m). 3 isn't a bad hole.

There, it's decided, 3 and 17.

adlo
30th October 2009, 10:19 PM
Done!

NTP's:

Mandurah CC: 3 and 17
Binningup: 9 (right flag)
Bunbury GC: 1 and 10

simmsy
31st October 2009, 02:14 PM
good choice for Mandurah.

Bunbury starts with a Par 3? wow, gotta dial it in straight away don't you.

simmsy
31st October 2009, 02:15 PM
Anyone heading down for the night that needs a bed roll (swag mattres)?

give us a hoy and i will bring it down for you.

TourFit
31st October 2009, 05:30 PM
Mrs Sims....are you a nurturing, country lass???

That caring nature, and having spare swags is a dead giveaway. :lol:

Oh, and BTW...Bunbury has BOTH 9's start with a Par 3. Talk about quirky. Maybe that's why they accepted Yoss and adlo as members !!!

Johnny Canuck
31st October 2009, 09:57 PM
Bring the bed roll Simmsy, if I'm not leading and don't get a bed, I'll take it.

NOVELTY "PRIZE"

My wonderful mother in law was nice enough to "donate" and ugly-assed "Maxibon" polo shirt that says "Maxibon, for biters, not lickers".

It's black, with lovely red and white striping from the neck, all the way down to the bottom.

Whoever has bit it the most and is in last place after Mandurah, MUST wear it at Binningup.

Whoever is in last place after Mandurah and Binningup combined, MUST wear it on Sunday.

It must be worn on top, no putting it under another shirt or vest.

It's size XL, so it will be fine for Aldo or I. The pygmy can tuck it in if required.

adlo
31st October 2009, 10:01 PM
Great idea. The Maxibon NAGA is in effect.

simmsy
1st November 2009, 12:19 AM
Bring the bed roll Simmsy, if I'm not leading and don't get a bed, I'll take it.

NOVELTY "PRIZE"

My wonderful mother in law was nice enough to "donate" and ugly-assed "Maxibon" polo shirt that says "Maxibon, for biters, not lickers".

It's black, with lovely red and white striping from the neck, all the way down to the bottom.

Whoever has bit it the most and is in last place after Mandurah, MUST wear it at Binningup.

Whoever is in last place after Mandurah and Binningup combined, MUST wear it on Sunday.

It must be worn on top, no putting it under another shirt or vest.

It's size XL, so it will be fine for Aldo or I. The pygmy can tuck it in if required.

I reckon last place from Mandurah should have to wear it for the afternoon at the pub as well before we get to B'up.

simmsy
1st November 2009, 12:25 AM

haha.....sorry JC i missed the joke first time i read it!
you really are a very funny fellow.

http://www.moreland.vic.gov.au/mccwr/_assets/main/lib91073/artfest-humphrey-glenroyfest-2009.jpg

Johnny Canuck
1st November 2009, 12:44 AM
Good call Simmsy, Maxibon shirt is donned as soon as the scoring is finalised. If there is a tie, the tiebreaker will be most putts.

If still tied, then normal countback rules take effect.

adlo
1st November 2009, 12:46 AM
Sorry everybody, but I think simmsy should have to wear the NAGA shirt for lunch after this comment in the OP has gone largely ignored:

Originally posted by Old Man Simmsy trying to be cool:
so c'mon y'all can I get a BOORAH!

Johnny Canuck
1st November 2009, 12:49 AM
what's a boorah?

adlo
1st November 2009, 12:51 AM
Not sure, but it deserves some form of penalty, surely?

Johnny Canuck
1st November 2009, 12:57 AM
Definitely.

adlo
1st November 2009, 01:05 AM
Definitely.

That's a BOORAH!

adlo
1st November 2009, 01:17 AM
More issues:

How do we know when simmsy has to shout a round of drinks, considering she is hitting off the ladies tees?

simmsy
1st November 2009, 03:05 PM
Sorry everybody, but I think simmsy should have to wear the NAGA shirt for lunch after this comment in the OP has gone largely ignored:

I thought you of anyone would know this aldo, being a movie buff and all

jarhead my fwend...jarhead.

great movie.

c'mon y'all CAN I GET A BOORAH!!!

adlo
1st November 2009, 11:37 PM
Jarheads was decent, but I cannot remember a single line from it. It sounds like "yank-hype" speak. My brain shuts off involuntarily when I head such drivel.

OK, re Binningup, I have taken the liberty of arranging the indexes based on the fact we are playing off the tips. This is based on the current index, not my own ratings :D

The only issue is #9, as the yellow flag (far right- the hard pin) is meant to played off the forward tees at 170m, so the index might be a little bit off.

From the tips:

Hole 1, 510m, Par 5, Index 5
Hole 2, 160m, Par 3, Index 7
Hole 3, 520m, Par 5, Index 3
Hole 4, 360m, Par 4, Index 6
Hole 5, 445m, Par 5, Index 9
Hole 6, 145m, Par 3, Index 8
Hole 7, 370m, Par 4, Index 2
Hole 8, 420m, Par 4, Index 1
Hole 9, 190m, Par 3, Index 4

3110m, Par 36

Also, how do we handicap. Multiply by half and round down?

For example, playing off 15, I get a handicap of 7.5. Do I get strokes on index 1 through 7??

simmsy
2nd November 2009, 12:13 AM
Yep i reckon halve ur h'cap and round down.

and if you switch off at the first sign of american drivel what are you doing even thinking of watching a movie called jarheads?

Yossarian
2nd November 2009, 12:35 AM
I get a shot on all the holes, sweet, and two on 8. I like this.

adlo
2nd November 2009, 12:38 AM
Yep i reckon halve ur h'cap and round down.

and if you switch off at the first sign of american drivel what are you doing even thinking of watching a movie called jarheads?
Not all american drivel, just the hyped up crap. I usually avoid movies like Jarheads, got dragged along. At least it was decent.

I get a shot on all the holes, sweet, and two on 8. I like this.

You will need them. It is playing tough from the tips on every hole. There was a 2-3 club easterly blowing today. Was great for 2,3 and 5. 7 and 8 were torture.

Yossarian
2nd November 2009, 12:39 AM
I know, my one experience there has prepared me. Hopefully I won't be to put off by the sight of simmsy in the NAGA shirt.

adlo
2nd November 2009, 12:41 AM

I flushed driver, 3h into #7 and was still short. Cwazy.

simmsy
2nd November 2009, 12:46 AM
7 is a great hole imo, should be more than likely playing down wind next satdy arvo though.

Yossarian
2nd November 2009, 12:47 AM
Hopefully. Although if a couple of those par 5's are into it it will be interesting.

adlo
2nd November 2009, 12:50 AM
Binningup is an absolute joy to play.

1 & 2 are such great opening holes. The stretch of 3 through 6 through the dunes are the finest stretch of holes in WA that I have played. 7,8 and 9 are a brutal test, but damn fine holes.

Yossarian
2nd November 2009, 12:52 AM
Yeah 1 and 2 were so pretty I didn't care that I got reamed by the rest of the course :)

simmsy
2nd November 2009, 03:47 PM
greens at Mandurah are running pretty slow apparently, about 10 i've been told. JC you should enjoy that. If anyone rocks up to Mandurah before me on Satdy morning the booking is under Ozgolf 3 groups 7till7:15

simmsy
2nd November 2009, 03:55 PM
The MW PLATE odds are:

TF - $3.20
Adlo - $4.00
IDG - $4.05
Upwards the rest.

Simmsy - $33

TourFit
2nd November 2009, 06:15 PM
The MW PLATE odds are:

TF - $3.20
Adlo - $4.00
IDG - $4.05
Upwards the rest.

Simmsy - $33

Are those odds shortening after the putter adjustment ??

Or is $33 shorter than what it would have been ?? :shock:

simmsy
2nd November 2009, 06:44 PM
I'm trying to fix the market for my own benefit

Johnny Canuck
2nd November 2009, 06:52 PM
The MW PLATE odds are:

TF - $3.20
Adlo - $4.00
IDG - $4.05
Upwards the rest.

Simmsy - $33

:shock:

simmsy
2nd November 2009, 08:47 PM
He was on fire at kwinana JC, couldn't miss from 10'
you would have to consider adlo has home ground ad. At both bunbury and b'up and m.c.c has pretty slow greens from the sound of it just like kwinana.

Johnny Canuck
2nd November 2009, 08:50 PM
One week Simmsy, one week.

It will take a lot of them to erase the pain that I still feel from the 5 putt at KB. (It could have been a 6 putt if we weren't playing stableford.)

TourFit
3rd November 2009, 01:04 AM

....many, many weeks. Maybe NEVER!!

Can't believe that the lowest marker is not even in the reckoning !!!

TourFit
3rd November 2009, 01:09 AM
On a side note...

...I have decided to DONATE a custom fitted and built putter to the playa that finishes last in the MegaWatty Plate!!!

'MOST PUTTS AWARD'

MegaWatty
3rd November 2009, 01:12 AM
Wow! Nice work TF!!!

idgolfguy
3rd November 2009, 01:24 AM
On a side note...

...I have decided to DONATE a custom fitted and built putter to the playa that finishes last in the MegaWatty Plate!!!

'MOST PUTTS AWARD'

You are generous!

adlo
3rd November 2009, 02:22 AM
Good work TF.

JC, my memories of that 5 putt were erased the moment I purchased the Bettinardi.

My putting has been better, but is still streaky. However, after golfing with every WA OzGolfer I will say the same about all of us. Streaky.

The most consistent putters would probably be TourFit and Johnny Canuck.

I know the Bunbury greens, but that is not a huge help, as they are so true, you have to be on your game. I also struggle on Binningup as the greens are bloody huge. Advantage: JC and idgolfguy, who get to play on big greens every week.

My book would run:

JC: $3
TF: $4

The rest: $7ish

idgolfguy
3rd November 2009, 09:02 AM
I'm inclined to agree on the odds here. The lower hcs are always going to be more consistent.

I also have a match against TF which will impact on the weekend somewhat.

TourFit
3rd November 2009, 09:17 AM
I'm inclined to agree on the odds here. The lower hcs are always going to be more consistent.

I also have a match against TF which will impact on the weekend somewhat.

Yep, you shooting 41/60 would do nicely at Mandurah, thank you very much !!! :mrgreen:

BTW, the way I'm putting with the Lajosi, I might even have a punt on myself at $4...

Johnny Canuck
3rd November 2009, 09:36 AM
On a side note...

'MOST PUTTS AWARD'

More details please. There could be some tanking in the works here.

If I have 47 putts over the final 9, don't suspect a thing.

TourFit
3rd November 2009, 10:32 AM
Tanking forfeits the prize, and instead you will get a Free 'Whole Arm' Rectal Exam from Golfnut...

:smt039

simmsy
3rd November 2009, 11:02 AM
Well seeing as we are in the spirit of giving I will put up $100 cash for a hole in 1.
If we are lucky enough to have more than one then too bad. I am only putting up the one cash prize.

TourFit
3rd November 2009, 11:31 AM
And I'll donate my SS Crewman Ute to anyone who has to take an unplayable from the arsehole of one of the playa's in front....although some 'may' prefer to play it as it lies!

:mrgreen:

adlo
3rd November 2009, 02:52 PM
I will put up a dozen golf balls (not Z-stars) as the weekend eagle's nest.

First eagle (if there is one) takes the prize.

Johnny Canuck
3rd November 2009, 05:36 PM
What kind of balls? I need to know if I should be going home in two, especially after you have laid down the gauntlet about the first at Binningup.

adlo
3rd November 2009, 05:39 PM
Not sure, I am out of balls to donate from my stash now the TM Blacks are on their way to Mike.

OK, Callaway Tour iX, hows that?

Johnny Canuck
3rd November 2009, 05:49 PM
nice!

I don't have much lying around, maybe I'll put my Diablos up.

22s.

Anyone getting two 2s in the same round can have a dozen Cally Diablos.

Either that, or anyone that can hit one off the toe of their club and hit Yoss in both of his pills can have 'em.

adlo
3rd November 2009, 05:52 PM
Now we are cooking.....

The MW trophy: game of choice for low putts
The TF trophy: putter for highest number of putts
The Mrs Simmsy charity event: $100 Hole In One (must be off men's tees)
The Adho Eagle challenge: 1 dozen Tour iX for 1st eagle
The cwazy canadian challenge: 1 dozen Diablo balls for a pair of 2's or hitting Yoss' pills

TourFit
3rd November 2009, 05:56 PM
Maybe we should ring around and get some "other" corporate sponsorship...??

Bottles of wine
Beer
Spirits

Ya hear what im'ma sayin guys...ya feelin' it ???

In fact, now I come to think of it...

I'll also throw in a bottle of JW Red Label for the worst stableford score for the 45 hole weekend...drown those sorrows, LOSER !

I'll also throw in a nice bottle of red for the winner... I have shitloads of decent wine ready to drink that I cannot get through...might as well get through some of it this weekend (especially since the missus isn't looking over my shoulder!!)

adlo
3rd November 2009, 06:04 PM
Zuesgolfer and I had a discussion about putting a bit more forward planning into next years champs.

Increase numbers, get some sponsorship etc.

I think we are doing pretty damn well for a last minute tourney with a small number of blokes.

adlo
3rd November 2009, 06:14 PM
OK, with all these prizes flooding in, we could look at reducing the cash element of the prizes?? I personally feel a bit more comfortable playing for $$ when it comes to skins & NTP's, but not as much for 1st/2nd/3rd.... thoughts?

We could get a few more donated prizes together for the 1st/2nd/3rd and pay $20ea for NTP, something for the giver of accomodation and maybe a small cash pool for the winner..... just a suggestion.

List stands at:

The MW trophy: game of choice for low putts
The TF trophy: putter for highest number of putts
The Mrs Simmsy charity event: $100 Hole In One (must be off men's tees)
The Adho Eagle challenge: 1 dozen Tour iX for 1st eagle
The cwazy canadian 22s challenge: 1 dozen Diablo balls for a pair of 2's or hitting Yoss' pair 'o' pills
The TF wooden spoon: Bottle of Johnnie Red
The TF golden spoon: Nice bottle of red wine for the winner

TourFit
3rd November 2009, 07:04 PM
I'd be happy to drop 3rd place (after all we have a small field). We could also drop $10 off the winner. That $40 could be diverted to the both the NTP fund (+ $25), and slightly increase the 'accomodation bill' (+ $15)...

Thus:

Win: $100 + bottle of red
2nd: $50
NTP $15 each ($75 total)
Gift: $55 for accomodation

The $40 @ player fund stays the same...side bets and skins are extra between individuals on the day...

Individual giveaways for prizes and novelties are at player discretion and the 'laugh factor'. I don't drink Scotch and so me giving it away is no bother as far as I'm concerned. The putter is just me trying to give what I can for the weekend to help out.

adlo
3rd November 2009, 07:08 PM
TF, I like your thinking there, would be keen to hear others thoughts.

I can throw a $15 Golf Down Under voucher in the mix for 3rd place then.

simmsy
3rd November 2009, 08:36 PM
Yep, like where this is going lads.

ok so i've made some changes up on O.T

Adlo or someone could you print this out and bring it down south with you so we have it all in front of us?

Yossarian
3rd November 2009, 08:40 PM
I can offer as a prize:

A dinner with Yossarian.
My sisters.
The ball I hit myself in the face with.
My srixon M-Steel. Could be the only way to get rid of it.

simmsy
3rd November 2009, 09:05 PM
I can offer as a prize:

A dinner with Yossarian.
My sisters.

Are you're sisters of age?

simmsy
3rd November 2009, 09:08 PM
TF, I like your thinking there, would be keen to hear others thoughts.

I can throw a $15 Golf Down Under voucher in the mix for 3rd place then.

I've decided to give this to 2nd place as coming 3rd or 5th last doesn't deserve anything anyway, it's like coming 8th in the AFL and beating your chest to all and sundry that you made the finals.

TourFit
3rd November 2009, 11:05 PM
"How much for the little girls..." =P~

On another note, any single day players (not weekenders) who 'donate' the $10 toward the NTP, I think it should go on as an extra on Binningup 9th...so the others will remain $15, but the additions will go to form a "Super Hole" Par 3.

What d'yall think ?

PS: I'm out practising shanking my wedges at waist height...could be lucrative.

simmsy
3rd November 2009, 11:15 PM
"How much for the little girls..." =P~

On another note, any single day players (not weekenders) who 'donate' the $10 toward the NTP, I think it should go on as an extra on Binningup 9th...so the others will remain $15, but the additions will go to form a "Super Hole" Par 3.

What d'yall think ?

PS: I'm out practising shanking my wedges at waist height...could be lucrative.

yeah could work though it would only be a $25 hole at b'up as i think my brother is the only Daygo we are getting at Mandurah?
He could end up not making it and staying in Melbourne after having a day out at the cup.

TourFit
3rd November 2009, 11:40 PM
I can offer as a prize:

A dinner with Yossarian.
My sisters.

How bad would we have to play to have dinner with Yoss as a prize?

How well do we have to play to get the sisters?

If we win the face hitting ball, can we line him up and try and do it again?

Srixon M Steel FREE ZONE...

Johnny Canuck
4th November 2009, 01:02 AM
what's with tf wanting to reward the losers?

adlo
4th November 2009, 01:04 AM
To pat himself on the back when he fails?

adlo
4th November 2009, 01:12 AM
Any other donations?

Zues? idgolfguy?

Yoss.... something of actual value?

Zeusgolf
4th November 2009, 01:20 AM
On a side note...

'MOST PUTTS AWARD'

I have to be a shoe in for that....

I'm the worst putter here....

Zeusgolf
4th November 2009, 01:21 AM
Any other donations?

Zues? idgolfguy?

Yoss.... something of actual value?

I'll think of a donation will be work related.......

adlo
4th November 2009, 01:22 AM
Zues, you have a great chipping and sand game, which automatically reduces your number of putts.

idgolfguy
4th November 2009, 08:25 AM
Will think of something. Have a brand new climacool adidas shirt. It's large though.

TourFit
4th November 2009, 02:05 PM
Rewarding losers...??? :shock:

'Most Putts' needs encouragement and help...cause they're crap!!
'Last Place' needs booze to help with the ribbin' they'll get from the rest of us...
Winner also gets nice bottle of red...(unless we drink it on Saturday night!)

Kinda balances out IMO, plus I gave The Cut winner a voucher too...

On a side note, JC, I'm bringing down the 9015D which I have just reshafted with my 'expensive' NGS MachLine Premium F67 X flex (Japan Tour) shaft.....you can give it a bash over the weekend to see what you think!

I'm also bringing a 'small' collection of odds and sods...

Drivers - TourFit 9.8* / AxivCore Tour Black 79 s
- TourFit 10* / Aldila Voodoo SVS7 (my weekend gamer)
- TourFit 9.5* / Graphite Design YS-Q 75 s
- SMT dB+ 9* / Accuflex Creation s
- SMT 455 Deep Bore 10* / Accuflex Icon V2 s
- Nano Power 9.5* Proto / NGS MachLine Tour s

Putters - Lajosi KLP6 FN
- TourFit 'Cut Face' Model 1
- TourFit Vortex Model 2 & Model 4
- TourFit Forged Prototype 'Anser' style
- YES! Dawn Tour Forged
- TaylorMade TP Rossa Daytona by Kia Ma
- C&L Custom 'Anser'
- Acer CB2 CS
- Inazone CNC Premium Milled CS

adlo
4th November 2009, 03:41 PM
You sir, are a Ho!!

Other things we will need to arrange......

Saturday night

I get the impression from Zuesgolfer and Johnny Canuck that they are keen to "hit the town", even through in Bunbury that is a very hopeful statement.

Personally, my vote would be for a quiet night of poker or something like that.

It might be best to discuss this before the actual weekend.

Bedding

Has everyone sorted themselves out for bedding and sleeping on the floor (for all but the Saturday leader??)

Car Pool

I think most people are sorted here.

TourFit/idgolfguy in the Crewman
Simmsy/Zuesgolfer/Yossarian in Mrs Simmsy's Ball'n'chain mobile
Adlo/Johnny Canuck in the Mazda

Is that right?

Yossarian
4th November 2009, 03:46 PM
I am riding with Mrs Simms.

I would also like to put forward my 'Hot Touch' putter cover as a prize.

I am good to stay in, I have experienced the nightlife in Bunbury once before and that is enough for any mortal man.

adlo
4th November 2009, 03:56 PM
We'll see what the majority says......

Also, give me some idea of how quickly people want to get back up to Perth.

I might be having lunch at my old mans place after the round on Sunday, but I am sure we can all join in for a BBQ. Just depends on how quick people need to get back to Perth.

Let me know.....

idgolfguy
4th November 2009, 04:38 PM
TF can respond on my behalf.

TourFit
4th November 2009, 04:53 PM
I reckon we get the fab Eaton chilli dogs on Saturday night adlo ?? Closely followed by some beer/wine. (And an interesting evening in communal sleeping arrangements to follow that!)

I'm happy to go out or stay in...majority rules (although it IS Bunbury!!). Some poker/drinking may be in order, that way no one drives and risks getting nabbed by the over zealous Bunbury pigs...

As for Sunday, depends on the golf finishing time, but would be OK to stick around for a while if the BBQ thing happens (not too long though - aiming to get back by 5pm).

Yossarian
4th November 2009, 05:04 PM
I need to get back to Perth ASAP. If everyone else wants to stick around though thats cool. I'll drive.

adlo
4th November 2009, 05:42 PM
We will be off the course by 1:30pm at the latest, so you could get back to Perth by 5pm without much drama TF with the new freeway speeding things up.

Yoss, no probs, I am thinking simmsy will need to get back in a hurry too, but see what he says.

Saturday night Chilli dogs is a given. 8)

idgolfguy
4th November 2009, 06:09 PM
If we're staying in - Chilli, beer and Bourbon...Hmm....
I might bring my tent after all.

Yossarian
4th November 2009, 06:33 PM
We will be off the course by 1:30pm at the latest, so you could get back to Perth by 5pm without much drama TF with the new freeway speeding things up.

Yoss, no probs, I am thinking simmsy will need to get back in a hurry too, but see what he says.

Saturday night Chilli dogs is a given. 8)

Cool. Has my hot touch putter cover been rejected as a prize?
I don't have much else to give.

TourFit
4th November 2009, 06:34 PM
That may cut down on the pollution... :razz:

Oh, id, if you WANT to leave soon after the round, it is no problemo. Just say so. I'm not bothered either way. So speak up !!

simmsy
4th November 2009, 06:48 PM
Yoss I'm heading back pretty well straight after mate.

simmsy
4th November 2009, 06:49 PM
I am riding Mrs Simms. :shock:

I would also like to put forward my 'Hot Touch' putter cover as a prize.

I am good to stay in, I have experienced the nightlife in Bunbury once before and that is enough for any mortal man.

Like bloody hell you are!

adlo
4th November 2009, 06:51 PM
OK, no probs gents, was just testing the waters. Still waiting for JC to tell me if he is able to stay for an extra hour or two.

Yoss, donate a six pack or something not-hot-touch-cover-gay.

Yossarian
4th November 2009, 06:51 PM
I like how you edit that to make it look like I am.... Worrying:-k

Cool on the heading back8)'

EDIT: That was in response to simmsy's post.

EDIT EDIT:

Adlo a six pack sounds good, I'll get something tasty.

Johnny Canuck
4th November 2009, 06:56 PM
no worries aldo. home by 4-430latest and i should be fine.

adlo
4th November 2009, 06:57 PM
Cool JC, done.

simmsy, throw a 6 pack of gourmet beer in the prize pool.

simmsy
4th November 2009, 07:01 PM
WHAT! you think the hole in one prize won't go off or something?

I'll throw a bottle of Clare Valley Shiraz and a 6pack of Corona in the mix. You wanna make that 3rd place?

adlo
4th November 2009, 07:12 PM
You misunderstood. I meant throw Yoss' prize in there, but sure, chuck your beer and wine in there too :mrgreen:

Johnny Canuck
4th November 2009, 07:19 PM
It's done. Noice!

simmsy
4th November 2009, 08:02 PM
BUGGA!:smt093

adlo
4th November 2009, 08:05 PM
Awesome!!

I think the $100 will not go off.

I think Zues and idgg can throw something on the table too, for novelties, I think we could all be heading home with some form of prize/$$/novelty.