PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on my swing

moree golfer
1st September 2009, 08:59 PM
Seeing as though it's all the rage I got some footage at lunchtime today and uploaded my first vid to youtube. I am keen to get some thoughts on what will stop the high and right shots that creep in occasionally (ok, more than on the odd occasion :lol:). I am attempting to bring a little RSS into my action but you can be the judge of whether I am on the right track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFgRxFmGMnY&feature=player_embedded

Ferrins
1st September 2009, 09:02 PM
youtube link?

moree golfer
1st September 2009, 09:06 PM
I was trying to work out how to embed the video like Adlo has done, but no joy link is there though.

zigwah
1st September 2009, 09:16 PM
read my whole thread mate, im not an expert but it looks like you hips are firing nicely, but at the same time as you hands giving you an out to in swing path on the downswing. try and let gravity bring your hands into the right position.

Virge and raz may something comepletley different :)

adlo
1st September 2009, 09:19 PM
LFgRxFmGMnY&feature=player_embedded

moree golfer
1st September 2009, 09:26 PM
I have kept up with your swing journey Zig and I agree my out to in action needs changing. I am attempting to keep the right elbow tight at my side but it's harder than you think to change.

Thanks Adlo for your help. How did you do that?

Ferrins
1st September 2009, 09:31 PM
Good luck

zacdullard
1st September 2009, 09:46 PM
Nice range, I also use my local sporting ground.

Your swing looks nice to me.

adlo
1st September 2009, 09:47 PM
Moree, click on the YouTube icon on the toolbar.

Step 1: it will ask you to name your video.

Step 2: you want to enter the part of the you tube link following the = between the YT brackets.

In your case, you want this part in red: http://www.youtube.com/watchv=LFgRxFmGMnY&feature=player_embedde

between here YT="Moree"] IN HERE!!! [/YT

Ferrins
1st September 2009, 09:49 PM
I agree. It's not your swing holding you back.

moree golfer
1st September 2009, 09:51 PM
It easy to access as it is on my way to and from work, actually just around the corner from the office. I have the light towers as my target about 145 m from where I hit so a perfect 7 iron distance for me.

adlo
1st September 2009, 09:53 PM
I really like the posture at address.

I know sfa about the swing, but I would say you could lose the final part of the backswing. It looks a bit untidy. I think you could shorten the backswing. Also, get the sequencing on the downswing in better order (like me :roll: ) to stop the out to in path.

I would expect you to play off a lower h/cap with that swing though. How is your short game?

razaar
1st September 2009, 10:32 PM
Moree..there is a slight over the top move there or so it seems from the video. You seem to be of short and compact build which is very good for golf because it makes it simple. My suggestion is to shorten your swing so that you have the feeling of driving the butt of the shaft into the back of the ball through 7:00 to 1:00 (12:00 to 6:00 being the target line). Make sure your wrists break back and up during the take away. I am assuming they are only breaking back which is causing the move across the line.

Ned
2nd September 2009, 08:02 AM
Moree, look a little upright in your stance.

Maybe try lowering your centre of gravity with a bit more squat at address.

BUT, try it without going to big dip of the knees or waist.

gazgolf1
2nd September 2009, 09:16 AM
Looks good MG, it might be the camera angle but to me it looks like you don't extend your arms enough which makes it look like you are flicking at it a bit. Maybe try getting some more width in your downswing and follow thru.
Thats all I can see.

moree golfer
2nd September 2009, 10:04 AM
Yeah the camera angle was a little behind me. As I don't have a tripod I set the camera up on my stand bag and I struggled to find ground to make it level. I will need to invest in a tripod. I agree with the flicking comment Gaz, I do need to work on my flexibility as I am a old prop with a sore neck.

moree golfer
2nd September 2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks Razaar. I will try to hinge the wrists a little more upward in the takeaway. I am concerned about the out to in, probably more from an aesthetic aspect as my ball flight is generally pretty straight but tends to go right on poor swings and an open face at impact.

virge666
3rd September 2009, 09:09 PM
I am with Raz. little over the top on the way down.

Could be a few things... right elbow is a little behind the body and doesn't seem to reconnect on the downswing.

I would be trying to keep the right elbow in front of the hip more - this should get you some more turn and power on the backswing and also allow you to have more room on the downswing.

Nice swing BTW . . . just less hands and more body.

moree golfer
8th September 2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks Virge. I am concentrating on some RSS principles to incorporate in my swing, just to make it a simpler and more repeatable action. I intend on updating with a vid in a month or so once I have had some time on the range, that is the local park. I need to pick up a tripod or one of those gorilla pod things rather than balancing the camcorder on top of my golf bag. I will do a front on as well as DTL next time.