PDA

View Full Version : Big day for Scott Draper

hackin jim
28th January 2005, 07:30 AM
When Draper earned his Aust PGA Tour card there was plenty of talk about how he would juggle the two sports.....wonder how long he can keep this up, Vic Open in the morning, Aussie Open in the afternoon

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/01/27/1106415737357.html

Onewood
28th January 2005, 07:37 AM
Selfish is all I can say :evil: here I am struggling to play one sport :D

I wonder if there are any golfers out there that can play golf :roll:

AndyP
28th January 2005, 09:04 AM
As Draper didn't play golf yesterday, I assume that the Vic Open is only a 54 hole tournament. :? Has this always been the case?

McMw
28th January 2005, 09:33 AM
news article from earlier on the week was already talking abt today's possibility...and yeah...it's a 54 hole tourney only...

Eag's
28th January 2005, 07:48 PM
Wow!! how talented is this bloke :shock:

damoocow
28th January 2005, 08:29 PM
Eags wrote -

Wow!! how talented is this bloke

hang on there - he plays tennis - don't think he qualifies as a bloke.

damoocow

Fishman Dan
28th January 2005, 08:44 PM
Saw the 'article' on A Current Affair tonight. He gave tennis away when his first wife passed away with cystic fibrosis at the age of 23. Golf was his release, playing all day every day for about 5 years.

Another thing i've picked up is that he is related to the Thomas family, as in Petria Thomas. You'd wanna bottle those gene's and lock it away in a time capsule somwhere!

damoocow
28th January 2005, 08:56 PM
would that be Petria Thomas the female swimmer that looks like a bloke ? - now it all makes sense !

damoocow

AndyP
28th January 2007, 10:38 AM
Since this thread started, Draper actually won the mixed doubles title at the Australian Open before retiring from tennis to concentrate on the golf career.

He's just had the tennis carrot dangled in front of him again, with Hewitt offering him the full time coaching position, after coaching him during the Oz Open. Draper has turned it down, to continue to pursue his golf career, as he doesn't want any regrets.

Considering his golf career hasn't really taken off yet, that's potentially quite a bit of money he's missing out on.

just
28th January 2007, 10:52 AM
Don't worry Andy, Hewitts' career won't be going too much further with any luck.

AndyP
28th January 2007, 11:21 AM
I think he'll still be thereabouts, but it's hard to see him winning another grand slam.

BrisWesty
28th January 2007, 01:07 PM
Team Hewitt seems to be a bit of a poisoned chalice.

AndyP
13th February 2007, 09:44 PM
He's just had the tennis carrot dangled in front of him again, with Hewitt offering him the full time coaching position, after coaching him during the Oz Open. Draper has turned it down, to continue to pursue his golf career, as he doesn't want any regrets.

Considering his golf career hasn't really taken off yet, that's potentially quite a bit of money he's missing out on.
I'm sure he's feeling pretty good about his decision about now.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Draper-wins-NSW-PGA-Championship/2007/02/11/1171128806423.html

davidfra2003
15th February 2007, 05:42 AM
hello,
anbody have information about golf event nsw pga championship won by scott draper ? i'm looking all winners of this tournament crossing specialized web site like pga.org.au but not found !

thanks very much
david

3oneday
15th February 2007, 05:53 AM
only this one http://www.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=pgaschedule&ek=PGA&state=5&month=-1&year=2005

davidfra2003
15th February 2007, 06:58 AM
only this one http://www.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=pgaschedule&ek=PGA&state=5&month=-1&year=2005

thanks for your reply but i'm not found history of event

i 'm very suprirse by draper victory who was tennis player. he beat many famous golfer like senior , bonhomme , townsend, barnes etc...
very strange victory !!! and enormous performance

Jarro
15th February 2007, 07:15 AM
Hardly gonna pay the bills like leaching off Lleyton would've, but a fine win just the same.

Eag's
15th February 2007, 11:09 AM
thanks for your reply but i'm not found history of event

i 'm very suprirse by draper victory who was tennis player. he beat many famous golfer like senior , bonhomme , townsend, barnes etc...
very strange victory !!! and enormous performance

davidfra2003, are you a friend of Andylo by any chance :smt002
Anyways welcome to our forum :)

andylo
15th February 2007, 11:15 AM
Hey I think my English is a little more constructive (although I got all the spelling wrong)

I would suggest he's mate of Pete :)

Courty
15th February 2007, 11:23 AM
Hey I think my English is a little more constructive (although I got all the spelling wrong)

I would suggest he's mate of Pete :)

ROFL. :mrgreen:

AndyP
15th February 2007, 11:26 AM
You guys sure do like picking on people that don't have English as their first language. They know at least one more language than me.

David, I couldn't see any history of winners of the event on the NSWGA or Golf Australia website.

Fishman Dan
16th February 2007, 05:09 PM
Even better decision by him now - Lley Lley's broken down with injury.

AndyP
16th February 2007, 09:46 PM
Even better decision by him now - Lley Lley's broken down with injury.
....after struggling to beat a nobody in the first round. He needs to play a lot of tennis to get his game back, and he's not doing that.