PDA

View Full Version : Hewitt

Ona
26th January 2005, 11:11 PM
well he shows us all he has plenty of guts.. again

Hewitt suporters will be hoping he somehow pics it up agains Roddick, and should he get through that match find about another 200% to take on Federer :roll:

wouldnt want to have been a ball boy out there tonight.. those towels woulda been festy by about the 3rd set :?

Jarro
27th January 2005, 06:29 AM
he really shouldn't have been pushed that hard after being up 2 sets .... sorta took his foot off the throttle a bit :?

It doesn't matter anyway .... NOBODY will beat Federer :!:

Flowergirl
27th January 2005, 08:09 AM
Australians all let us rejoice...................

What a match....fantastic effort.........bravo to Hewitt. :D

Fishman Dan
27th January 2005, 08:24 AM
Gutsy effort that - and all done with minimal "Cmmmooooorrrnn's". I started thinking he wasn't doing it enough?

Problem i have is that when Nalbandian was on top, all the commentators could suggest is that Lleyton was injured. They did it for the whole 4th set - no mention that he was under the pump because Nalbandian wasn't missing any ground strokes? Hewitt couldn't grind him down, but he perservered in the end.

AndyP
27th January 2005, 09:07 AM
Don't know how Lleyton did it. He was gone, and his serve was looking ordinary in the 5th. I was sure he was going to get broken first.

What an absolute champion! :D

Fishy, I think the lack of "come on"s really affected his play in the 3rd and 4th sets. :wink:
I particularly liked his "Come on Australia" call to the heavens when he broke to go 9-8 up. 8)

Golfgirl
27th January 2005, 07:55 PM
It was a fantastic effort... and I wouldn't have even minded a few more "C'mon's" given how hard he was doing it in the last 3 sets....

I only wish that the match had of ended earlier..... :smt015

I didn't even stay up that late on New Year's Eve..... :roll: :oops: :lol:

Jarro
27th January 2005, 08:16 PM
just watching the federer / safin match on channel 7. currently 3 games apiece in the first set ... when all of a sudden they show that Federer is fighting to stay alive in the second set :?

a major glitch in the coverage there :roll:

anyone else see that :?:

terryand
27th January 2005, 08:24 PM
just watching the federer / safin match on channel 7. currently 3 games apiece in the first set ... when all of a sudden they show that Federer is fighting to stay alive in the second set :?

Yep

They must have hit the live button,cause i was watching the score on the fox site.

Terry.

goughy
27th January 2005, 08:40 PM
If you listen on abc radio it's like an hour ahead. I know a few people who stayed up till midnight last night to hear the result that were peeved that they could have got it from the radio.

Onewood
27th January 2005, 10:23 PM

I was wondering what was going on :roll: :?

3oneday
28th January 2005, 05:58 AM
It wasn't live ??? :oops: :oops: lucky I went to bed after the 3rd set then, I'd be feeling mighty ripped off about now :P :x .

Pete

AndyP
28th January 2005, 08:32 AM
I believe the states that change their clocks twice every year, get the night tennis either live or on a 30 minute delay, Qld gets it on a 60 to 90 minute delay, and the radio has it live.

Absolutely pathetic effort by Ch 7. That said, I would still rather watch it on delay, than listen to "Hewitt Backhand, Nalbandian Forehand, cross court backhand, forehand, backhand, backhand down the line, .........." :roll:

It's a shame that the Qld glitch last night wasn't more permanent.

I've just checked the Ch 7 website, and Ch 7 Brisbane aren't even showing Sunday Night's Men's Final live. :x :x :smt093

Fishman Dan
28th January 2005, 09:38 PM
How good is this bloke going tonight? Slow start, but after that he's been a ROCK! Roddick's serve has been sensational, but if he's not chalking up aces, then he's in trouble.

So what do you reckon about that 10 minute break for A-Rod? Gone for a "lucky dump"?

4-1 in the 4th..... and the A-Rod looks tired physically and emotionally..

Onewood
28th January 2005, 09:44 PM

Its still in the 3rd up here :evil:

Keep the scores coming though :D

Fishman Dan
28th January 2005, 09:45 PM

Its still in the 3rd up here :evil:

Keep the scores coming though :D

Are you serious?? $hit!! Sorry about that - i hate it when scores get ruined for me :oops:

Sit tight, it's great tennis to watch - again!

Jarro
28th January 2005, 09:48 PM
what was the score in the 3rd set then Fishy :?: :wink:

Fishman Dan
28th January 2005, 09:51 PM

I can tell you the score in the 4th set if you want to get an early nights sleep :?

PS - Remember the numbers - "7 of 9" :wink:

Onewood
28th January 2005, 09:56 PM

I can tell you the score in the 4th set if you want to get an early nights sleep :?

Early night sounds good to me :D spill the beans son :wink:

Fishman Dan
28th January 2005, 10:30 PM

Early night sounds good to me :D spill the beans son :wink:

Sorry mate, i just can't do that... it's in the aussie male sports watching code. I've done more than enough already ;)

990B Luva
28th January 2005, 10:44 PM
And HEWITT WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

McMw
28th January 2005, 10:50 PM
cool....hewitt vs safin...

best chance for Hewitt, and must be the overwhelming fave to win...

all he just has to do is to juice up the C'mons, chest pumping, fingerspointing (does he still do that?), and wait for Safin to self destruct... :D

Fishman Dan
28th January 2005, 10:52 PM
...must be the overwhelming fave to win...

He was getting better and better as the match wore on, and just drove Roddick into the ground.

Who remembers his previous 2 5-set matches? No sign of fatigue, whereas Safin has had a marathon in his last start :-k

Jarro
29th January 2005, 06:15 AM
great win by Hewitt ... just an awesome fighting spirit and will to win 8)

Safin won't be a pushover, but i think this has to be Hewitt's best chance to win the Aus Open.

Onewood
29th January 2005, 06:23 AM
He looks relaxed and confident 8)

See he held back on the "come ons" a bit last night 8)

Maybe its the coffee before the game down at the dinner in Summer Bay thats relaxing him :lol: :lol:

goughy
29th January 2005, 06:29 AM
"7 of 9" Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Fishman Dan
29th January 2005, 07:04 AM
"7 of 9" Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

He won the last 7 of 9 points in the 3rd set tie-break to take it off the A-Rod ;)

Golfgirl
29th January 2005, 03:46 PM
Do you reckon that Hewitt has been told to tone down the "C'mons"..... 'cause there haven't been anywhere near as many of them as earlier before the media ruckus..... :?

Trung
29th January 2005, 05:10 PM
Do you reckon that Hewitt has been told to tone down the "C'mons"..... 'cause there haven't been anywhere near as many of them as earlier before the media ruckus..... :?

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023

goughy
29th January 2005, 06:13 PM
"7 of 9" Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

He won the last 7 of 9 points in the 3rd set tie-break to take it off the A-Rod ;)

I was flashing back on old star trek voyager episodes :D

Fishman Dan
30th January 2005, 03:44 PM
I reckon it's a dead set even money bet. Can't split them. The Tab have Safin at Favourite $1.68 and Hewitt the outsider at $2.05.

$4.75 for Hewitt 3 sets to 1. Couldn't go past that.

Guessing Safin jumps out of the blocks, but as the game goes on Hewitt will keep the ball in play, and Safin will self-destruct.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Jarro
30th January 2005, 07:43 PM
pretty one-sided first set to the little aussie 8)

.. but the big rusky is fighting back. This will probably go the whole 5 sets :wink:

Onewood
30th January 2005, 08:13 PM
Looks like we're getting it live tonight 8) I think :roll:

1 set all :P

Onewood
30th January 2005, 09:06 PM
2 sets down and 1 break down in the 4th :evil: this will test the lad :roll:

Fight hard boy fight hard!!!!!!!!!

Jarro
30th January 2005, 09:15 PM
Safin looks to have shifted up a couple of gears :shock:

gonna be hard for Hewitt to get back into it now.

Fishman Dan
30th January 2005, 09:50 PM
As if having Norman in your quarters isn't sign enough that you're going to choke. Who came up with that idea?

Threw it away you impetuous little pratt. A break up in the 3rd, coasting and he had to give a serve to that baseline judge, who was RIGHT with each and every call. After that, he wasn't in the game.

Safin didn't necessarily win this, though when he got his tail up he didn't put a foot wrong.

At 1 set each and 3-0 in the 3rd, i thought i was home and hosed with my little wager. As it turned out it was Ley Ley who got hosed.... if you think i'm bitter, you'd be right :evil:

damoocow
30th January 2005, 11:15 PM
thought this was hilarious - flicked around the stations during the cricket - ha ha ha ha - Aussie cricket team loses and lleyton halfwit LOSES bigtime - what do you expect when you wear a woman's lawn bowls hat backwards - what a prat - ha ha - am in heaven at the moment!

damoocow

3oneday
31st January 2005, 06:29 AM
At 1 set each and 3-0 in the 3rd, i thought i was home and hosed with my little wager. As it turned out it was Ley Ley who got hosed.... if you think i'm bitter, you'd be right :evil:do your dollar, Dan ????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
31st January 2005, 07:05 AM
At 1 set each and 3-0 in the 3rd, i thought i was home and hosed with my little wager. As it turned out it was Ley Ley who got hosed.... if you think i'm bitter, you'd be right :evil:do your dollar, Dan ????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could have bought a few new MaxFli XS Distance with the earnings :P

AndyP
31st January 2005, 09:10 AM
As if having Norman in your quarters isn't sign enough that you're going to choke. Who came up with that idea?
Beat me to it. :-"

I thought Hewitt lost it in the second set. He was the better player in that set, and Safin was still struggling, but he threw away a service game which was the difference in the end.
A 2 sets to love lead, may have been enough to see him through the Safin hot streak (he was bloody good) in the 3rd and 4th, leaving him the fifth to have a crack at. :smt102

Oh well, it was a might effort to get as far as he did.

---------

BTW, anyone else think that this engagement to Bec is a little too soon, after the Kimmy saga?

amanda
31st January 2005, 10:04 AM
BTW, anyone else think that this engagement to Bec is a little too soon, after the Kimmy saga?
Too right AndyP - I'm not sure Bec will be able to handle being a 2nd rate star compared to Lleyton. Or maybe she realises that a Home & Away career has a limited shelf life and we know her singing career was a flop - so she's latching onto a rich guy early :lol:

3oneday
31st January 2005, 10:12 AM
Too right AndyP - I'm not sure Bec will be able to handle being a 2nd rate star compared to Lleyton. Or maybe she realises that a Home & Away career has a limited shelf life and we know her singing career was a flop - so she's latching onto a rich guy early :lol:maybe there is more to the recent break up, should we start a rumour :wink: :wink:

Pete

Fishman Dan
31st January 2005, 11:04 AM

Wouldn't you move quickly to erase that memory??

AndyP
31st January 2005, 11:20 AM
I think Bec Cartwright is Ch 7's new media slut, replacing Johanna Griggs. Home & Away, Dancing with the Stars, we saw her every second night on Seven's Summer of Tennis. Next she'll be on The Great Outdoors, and hosting the tennis next year. :roll:

Ducky
31st January 2005, 02:22 PM
She's in love with the car, not Lleyton.

:smt028

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Fishman Dan
31st January 2005, 02:27 PM
She's in love with the car, not Lleyton.

:smt028

Is he old enough to drive yet? :roll: