PDA

View Full Version : what if...ladies tees ?

cobra
27th August 2009, 07:06 PM
Have a think about playing one saturday comp off the Ladies tees !!!!
How do you think you would go ?
would your distance off the tee bring more hazards into play ?
make you think on the tee more i.e. doglegs to close need to use irons or drive over trees maybe
Need to hit shorter irons on par threes
can you get home in two on fives ?
would you break your handicap ?

For variety I wouldnt mind having a go
I think we would have a few interesting holes playing that far forward
in fact i might sneak out one arvo and see how i go
What do others think

Johnny Canuck
27th August 2009, 07:09 PM
i've done this at my course for a change of pace.

i also suggested it for a fun, non-official sunday comp and we tried it. everyone loved it and had a great time.

i also eagled our par 4 second hole in this manner. i just don't tell anyone that it was off the ladies!

zacdullard
27th August 2009, 07:47 PM
Often wondered what it would be like.

At my home course they now have over 40hcp tees. This is dues to a few forced carries over gardens. The new tees have reduced some par 3's to just a chip and run.

BrisVegas
27th August 2009, 07:57 PM
We have an honour board event each year where the men play from the ladies tees and vice versa. I didnt play it, but the guys had a ball apparently. I played our 9th hole from the ladies tee a few weeks back because the fairway was pretty wet and they wanted to keep the carts off the first part of it. This resulted in a 220m par 4 (normally about 330m)that had to negotiate a large tree in line with the right side of the green. 3 of us were A graders and we all tried different tactics. I snuck one on the green with a high cut 3 wood. Another bloke was pin high but left of the green with his 3 iron and the other bloke was in the front trap with driver. Only 1 of us made birdie. Really enjoyed it. It's nice to think about shaping shots off the tee on a par 4.

sms316
28th August 2009, 07:05 AM

FishmanDan would be richer. It would save him 1 or 2 shouts each week.

:mrgreen:

damoocow
29th August 2009, 10:36 PM
Not really interested in playing off the ladies tees BUT would love to play my home course in reverse - of course the temp greens would be crap - but just to do it for the course management choices you'd have to make would be fun

Fishman Dan
30th August 2009, 06:05 PM
FishmanDan would be richer. It would save him 1 or 2 shouts each week.

:mrgreen:

Technically my tee shot went hundreds of metres, just nearly as many of them backwards as forwards.

ozdevil
30th August 2009, 07:38 PM
rather interesting teeing off from ladies tees. i think it would change your game as to the way ya play that particular hole as your judgement has changed.

I was actually thinking about this today while playing werribee Park coarse and i think sometimes specially on Par 3's that sometimes the ladies tees are onl a foot o2 difference from the mens tees..

what i think would be good is to have 3 seperate tee off areas and have them rated as Hard, medium and easy and forget mens and ladies tee

cheers
Oz

terrys
30th August 2009, 08:41 PM
I've often thought about using the different tee position on medal days, kind of like where the move a coupe of tees up in the US Open to make a drivable par 4.

So, not necessarily a whole round from the ladies tees, just some selected tees.

Russell
30th August 2009, 10:08 PM
we have a composite nine in summer when the course is really boggy
i suggested playing the second nine from the ladies tees and the ladies doing the same
just to make it an "18 hole "composite
the men were all in favor but the ladies made a real stink about hitting off the mens,
so we never did it.i think it would change completely how different holes are viewed

ozdevil
31st August 2009, 08:33 PM
I dont think the ladies like a challenge to much... the thing is woman have an added advantage over us men in my opinion they can choose there tee of spot wether it be mens or ladies... men don't really get this oppurtunity unless it is for the fun of a round or organised as special comp different to the norm...

i think if i was a lady i would have taken that challenge up...

I know a couple of ladies that would tee off from the mens tee off not complain but take it as a challenge

Fraser
31st August 2009, 09:00 PM
how about T's based on age.
Under 20
20 - 40
40 - 60
60 +
that way we could all share T's and no gender issues.
only prob is the ladies not wanting you to know how old they are....:roll:

Yossarian
31st August 2009, 09:08 PM
Fraser why do you always type in different font/colour?

Just curious.

Veefore
31st August 2009, 09:17 PM
would your distance off the tee bring more hazards into play ?
make you think on the tee more i.e. doglegs to close need to use irons or drive over trees maybe
Need to hit shorter irons on par threes
can you get home in two on fives ?
would you break your handicap ?

For variety I wouldnt mind having a go
I think we would have a few interesting holes playing that far forward
in fact i might sneak out one arvo and see how i go
What do others think

I did it about 5 years ago but haven't done it since. I read about it from Pia Nilson (I think) who recommended it as a practice technique to her charges in the Swedish National team (including Annika Sorenstam). The idea was to get her players used to shooting lower scores so that when they played well in tournaments, they weren't overwhelmed when they did go low. Afterall, if you're best score is 72 then a 75 won't intimidate you. If you're best score is 80 then a chance to shoot 75 is going to bring on the choke.

GC
1st September 2009, 07:46 AM
I played in one Saturday comp called the Sheeman Cup, played from the ladies tees, was a great day.