PDA

View Full Version : Golf Expo

Xray
26th August 2009, 12:35 PM
Just reading the Australian Golf Digest and for those that are interested, there is a 2 day golf expo at Cleveland showgrounds on the 3rd and 4th October 2009.

http://www.golfeventsmanagement.com/

goonie
26th August 2009, 02:44 PM
Cool i will have to check it out since it's in my back yard, is this the same one that was at the Gold Coast a few years back?

Xray
26th August 2009, 04:41 PM
No idea mate, just something I read and thought I would pass it on. Hope I am not working (cough cough).

PeteyD
26th August 2009, 07:16 PM
On the website it says it is inaugural, so I am guessing not.

Daves
2nd October 2009, 10:26 AM
From what I can gather this is still definitely on this weekend.

Speaking to the guys at Misters Tees last night and they said that they are going to be there in force. It will apparently be "local" businesses exhibiting, not the national distributors/brands. I have not been able to confirm any other exhibitors at this stage. I was told hours will be 9 to 5 Sat and 9 to 3 Sun.

PeteyD
2nd October 2009, 10:27 AM
Will be popping in to have a look.

bag_of_ants
2nd October 2009, 05:48 PM
It is $10 entry just to let everyone know (discounts for children but I can't remember how much)

goonie
2nd October 2009, 09:13 PM
If someone goes on Sat can you let me know what its like please. Thanks

Daves
3rd October 2009, 10:38 AM
I am hearing this is a total non event. Misters Tee is about the only equipment retailer there. More of a family Expo with lots of food vendors apparently. I have not been yet but there have been a couple of posts to this effect on another forum.

PeteyD
3rd October 2009, 10:44 AM
Meh. $10 donation to whatever. There is only Mr Tees, a bunch of cart vendors and food and charity stalls. Waste of money.

Wingman
3rd October 2009, 06:50 PM
Meh. $10 donation to whatever. There is only Mr Tees, a bunch of cart vendors and food and charity stalls. Waste of money.

Ditto on this one. Very disappointed in it especially since it was advertised with 100+ exhibitors & I'm guessing there were probably 25. I got there at 9.30 this morning & after my free 10 min swing assessment from Mister Tees was out of there at 9.50.

PeteyD
3rd October 2009, 08:40 PM
Pity really. If there were more than just Mr Tees it could have been good. Guess if the major vendors support the next one we can always claim we went to the first one, even it was for 10 minutes!

TheTrueReview
3rd October 2009, 09:45 PM
I was going to pop in at this today but after reading the thread (thanks guys) glad I didn't.

Drinks on the balcony at Pacific was much more pleasant. :mrgreen: