PDA

View Full Version : Sydney course suggestion

andylo
25th January 2005, 07:42 PM
Hi Sydney siders ;)

Some of you know I will be in Sydney with my 983K uncle 31/1/05 -> 1/2/05.

The purpose of this trip is to allow my uncle to join his buddy's wedding in SYD, and I can take advantage of free ride (but I will do the driving) and free accomdation (which we will live in Glebe)

I thought we won't have chance for a game by uncle reckon we can have a game at 2pm on 31st Jan.

I been to Trungy's Cara-something club (sorry... I just horrible on names :cry:) and it was mighty good, but I think he told me it's for member only on weekdays (not sure thu)

Would any of you mind to give me some suggestion of a good club near Sydney central area? The funny thing is he need to go back to a wedding celemonly dinner after the game. And hopefully it will be cheap to fits my current financial situation.

Many many thanks.

Andy

marcel
25th January 2005, 08:38 PM
Andy,

Moore Park is probably the closest to Glebe, about 15mins in bad traffic. The Coast is probably cheaper, about 25 mins away.
I'm sorry but I have no idea what access is like at either course on a Monday, but I'd be surprised if something wasn't available about the time you wanted to play.

BrisVegas
25th January 2005, 09:12 PM
There's a little track down at La Perouse worth a look... Open to visitors on Mondays too!

http://www.nswgolfclub.com.au/guests/golf/index.html

Onewood
25th January 2005, 09:14 PM
There's a little track down at La Perouse worth a look... Open to visitors on Mondays too!

http://www.nswgolfclub.com.au/guests/golf/index.html

:D yeh not a bad little track :D

Trung
25th January 2005, 09:33 PM
A-lo,

Carnarvon is open for visitors on weekdays. I think cost is $35 for 18 holes.

Try "Moore Park" as it is nearest to you for transportation. :D :D

amanda
26th January 2005, 04:29 PM
Andy - since you have a car, I'd recommend The Coast or St Michaels. Moore Park is a pretty average course with no views and slow play.

You're also not far from Eastlakes - I think the usual rate is somewhere around $25-30. I'm sure if you PM Golfgirl, her hubby should be able to tee something up for you guys.

Deano
26th January 2005, 04:50 PM
Andy-Lo

Play St Michaels if you can :wink:

Deano

andylo
26th January 2005, 09:24 PM
Andy-Lo

Play St Michaels if you can :wink:

Deano

When I thought we will be playing on NSW GC... Dion just told me it will cost me $175 each!! BLOODY HELL!!

Is St Michaels another $100 track??!! :p

Trung
26th January 2005, 09:59 PM
Don't play either of those 2 courses unless your with someone that has played there before. :P

Andrew
27th January 2005, 09:04 AM
Andylo,

I was at St. Michael's last Thursday & it's in prety poor condition. Some of the greens seem to be struggling with desease & there are alot of bare patches around the greens. On top of that, there are quite a few blind shots, so as Trung suggested, only play with someone who knows the course.

Mid week at St. Mick's is about $65. Weekends may be more.

The Coast is much cheaper & easier, & has great views. They are in the middle of redesigning the 10th & 11th, which may mean you play to a very small makeshift green on the 17th, which is a shame, because it's a nice hole.

Hope you have a great time wherever you play.

Fishman Dan
27th January 2005, 09:34 AM
A-Lo, have you got a car for your golf day? This makes plenty more good courses reachable with a short drive (30-45 minutes).

AndyP
27th January 2005, 10:30 AM
A-Lo, I can recommend Bonnie Doon GC.

I believe it is in the general area that you want to play, and they have an open day on Mondays too.

You can play in their comp for $40, or have an afternoon social round for $85.
No. 81 in the Golf Digest top 100 too.

http://www.bonniedoongolfclub.com.au/guests/golf/index.html

Fishman Dan
27th January 2005, 10:37 AM
A-Lo, I can recommend Bonnie Doon GC.

I believe it is in the general area that you want to play, and they have an open day on Mondays too.

You can play in their comp for $40, or have an afternoon social round for $85.
No. 81 in the Golf Digest top 100 too.

http://www.bonniedoongolfclub.com.au/guests/golf/index.html

BD is a very good course and has had a recent touch-up. Their open day is Monday, and i think it's $45.

Anonymous
27th January 2005, 03:47 PM
I too would suugest Bonnie Doon if you're playing on a Monday. $45 in the comp and close to the city. Probably one of the best courses in Sydney after the really big name ones.

Golfgirl
27th January 2005, 07:40 PM
You're also not far from Eastlakes - I think the usual rate is somewhere around $25-30. I'm sure if you PM Golfgirl, her hubby should be able to tee something up for you guys.

After 12 on Monday through Thursday there is a $19 for 18 hole special....

Although, I personally reckon that the track is looking a little rough and you may find a more pleasant game to be had at Bonnie Doon, The Coast, etc....

(Yes, I know, Marcel.... it looked fine from the fairway where you were.... :roll: :lol: )

Deano
27th January 2005, 08:19 PM
"I was at St. Michael's last Thursday & it's in prety poor condition"

That's a shame. :(
I played there about 4 years back and it was
in awesome condition.

Deano