PDA

View Full Version : NRL debacle

Courty
22nd May 2004, 08:02 AM
What is going on with these footballers??? :shock: They just don't learn.

First Gasnier gets sacked, now Minichiello has also been sacked, and Mason, Waterhouse, Wing, Gower & O'Meley have all been fined $000's for 'inappropriate behaviour' stemming from their actions from that same night. http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,9628585-23209,00.html

More distressing was what I read about Mason's behaviour at an autograph session: http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,9628145-23209,00.html Alleged rape, cocaine, offensive and inappropriate behaviour (especially in front of kids). He's now been fined in the vicinity of $70,000 this season. What does it take to get the message through. This bloke is outta control... He's gotta go.

I'll bet the Queenslanders are sitting back having a bit of a chuckle at all the turmoil south of the border, though.

Fishman Dan
22nd May 2004, 08:09 AM
Just an aside on the Willie Mason factor - how can he be thinking of turning his back on League to want to play for the All Blacks? Either you're an Aussie or a Kiwi?! The only 'person' to succesfully transgress has been Phar Lap - they can keep Russell Crowe, Jenny Morris, Sam Neil etc to themselves.

Same goes for Carmichael-Hunt - won't play League for NZ because that would affect his chance of playing for the Maroons?!

:?: :roll:

Courty
22nd May 2004, 08:21 AM
Just an aside on the Willie Mason factor - how can he be thinking of turning his back on League to want to play for the All Blacks?

He says it's his dream to play for the All Blacks (I assume he has some Kiwi heritage), but I reckon he's just thinking of an escape route from all thr trouble he's gotten himself into...

Golfgirl
22nd May 2004, 10:43 AM
What is going on with these footballers??? :shock: They just don't learn.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.... I have said many times before that I would be a really boring celebrity because I would be so concsious of the media scrutiny that I would never put a foot out of line. Shame that these guys seem to think that their celebrity status is some kind of protection against having to act like decent human beings.... :roll:

There is a big backlash from female footy fans - there will be next to none left if the footy players keep this crap up... :evil:

Trung
22nd May 2004, 10:58 AM
Trouble footballers = bunch of idiots :evil:

Jarro
22nd May 2004, 03:12 PM
He says it's his dream to play for the All Blacks

It must have been a dream, because there's no way he'll play for the AllBlacks now :roll: :x

what an absolute wanker :P

Jarro
23rd May 2004, 03:43 AM
I just read on the NRL site that NSW coach PhilGould will step down as coach after this series.

He said he's "filthy" with his players for not obeying his orders.

could NSW have a worse build up to the State Of Origin series than this \:D/ :smt003 :smt026 :smt030 :smt061 :smt079 :smt023

goughy
23rd May 2004, 06:24 AM
They seem to enjoy these type of build ups lately tho. Look at last year with johnsey and gould.

Could just be for the heck of it :?: :?: :?:

Eag's
23rd May 2004, 07:33 AM
My god :shock: how dumb are some of these blokes :?:
Would love to see a lot of them get put through an IQ test :smt017
They would all score about the same as thier shoe size :smt104

gazgolf1
23rd May 2004, 07:54 AM

Have to agree,I just don't think these guys are very intelligent.
Probably star footballers at school and knew they had high paying careers ahead of them,left school early and ba da bing professional morons with heaps of money and lots of time on their hands.
I really don't think they get it. :smt102

Golfgirl
23rd May 2004, 09:26 AM

As high as that?? :roll: :lol:

Golfgirl
23rd May 2004, 09:56 AM
No only are they not very intelligent, but they are bored..looking for crap to do.
These blokes have bucketloads of money and their life revolves around playing, training, and corporate pissups...oh and golf.
Wind the clock back 15 years and give these blokes jobs...part time at least !

You mean turn them into Rugby Union players.... :wink:

Jarro
24th May 2004, 01:36 PM
so big Willie has ADHD then 'eh :roll:

suppose that makes everything he's done OK then [-X #-o

drunken
24th May 2004, 01:44 PM
i met willie two years ago. And as a son of two school teachers who has spent alot of time with younger children in classrooms I could have told you then that he ADHD.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's a complete wanker & D*&^%$% and doesn't take responsibility for his actions :roll:

Fishman Dan
24th May 2004, 02:06 PM
Isn't that big of Gould to resign at the END of the series? Just before he gets the sack obviously. If he had any balls, he'd resign now.

Don't rate him, don't like him - he's a boofhead, and if he thinks he is removed from the entire debacle then he's lying through his ar$e.

Jarro
24th May 2004, 05:13 PM
couldn't have put it any better myself Fishy :)

Courty
25th May 2004, 07:09 AM
Don't rate him, don't like him - he's a boofhead, .

Good to see it's not just the Cane Toads who dislike him. :smt093 :smt092 :smt019 :smt013

amanda
25th May 2004, 07:49 AM
I'll be barracking for Qld on Wed night - the behaviour of the NSW players just disgusts me! I'd hate to see how they treat their partners/girlfriends/wives/mothers.

Or maybe the Qlders are just as bad - just better at covering it up :?:

burger
25th May 2004, 10:27 AM
I have to agree with the general sentiment . . .
Just how STUPID can these guys be??? After all the recent troubles, they STILL go out behave inappropriately.
and i might be a bit naive (or just old) but do you have to get absolutely $hitfaced for team bonding???

Would love to see a lot of them get put through an IQ test
I reckon that's being WAY too generous, some have pretty big feet!

Jarro
25th May 2004, 02:06 PM
i'll have some money on the Maroons for sure 8)