PDA

View Full Version : Cut the crap...what'd you shoot?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AndyP
29th April 2004, 11:52 AM
As per the "How did you all play this weekend?" thread seen elsewhere. Feel free to suggest another subject heading and I will change it.....maybe.

jarro, how did the second round of your Nudgee GC midweek club champs go? Wasn't that yesterday?

markTHEblake
29th April 2004, 01:08 PM
Feel free to suggest another subject heading and I will change it.....maybe.

How about "How did you hack it yesterday?".
gotta go with the humility angle.

Iain
29th April 2004, 01:43 PM
Slow at work Andy?? Or are you trying to get ahead of Mau (In Posts) before he discover's it here?

Iain

Jarro
29th April 2004, 01:57 PM
jarro, how did the second round of your Nudgee GC midweek club champs go? Wasn't that yesterday?

yeah, i missed the second round due to work stuffing me around and wanting me back 2 days early :x

never mind, the guy i was paired with had a shocker, so no doubt i would have gone out in sympathy :roll: :lol:

what about if we change the title to "How you hitting 'em" :?:

i was thinking of putting it up last night, but didn't know quite how to word the title :oops:

BrisVegas
29th April 2004, 02:02 PM
[quote="jarro"][quote="AndyP"]

jarro,
what about if we change the title to "How you hitting 'em" :?:
quote]

What about something like...

Cut the crap.... what'd you shoot?

Jarro
29th April 2004, 02:11 PM
AndyP,

the mob has spoken :lol:

AndyP
29th April 2004, 02:47 PM
Slow at work Andy?? Or are you trying to get ahead of Mau (In Posts) before he discover's it here?

Just excited about the new site, Iain. :D
Plus work doesn't want me, so why would I want to be here? :(

missed the second round due to work stuffing me around and wanting me back 2 days early

That's a shame. I thought you had set yourself up for a big win. ;)
You'll have to make up for missed golf time.

the mob has spoken
Yeah, but their was no consensus. :roll:
How about "Hackers Log Book" or Thread?
Or the "How good am I?" thread, because we encourage bragging at OzGolf. :mrgreen:

Jarro
29th April 2004, 05:57 PM
I like "How you hitting 'em"

..but then that's what i suggested :roll:

Onewood
29th April 2004, 07:41 PM
Hows your form sounds good 8)

I'm feeling confident at the momment and looking foreward to the second round to our club champs [even though I'm not qualified]

Hey, how I'm feeling, I'll be the first ozgolf Monthly Medal Winning :D

AndyP
30th April 2004, 10:33 AM
Added a Poll.

"How did you all play this weekend?" didn't account for weekday games, and that started to annoy me. :roll:

Golfgirl
30th April 2004, 11:26 AM
So long as you're all actually interested (or at least pretend to be) in how I'm playing - I'll be happy! :lol: :lol: So call it whatever!! :D

Nice to see some familiar faces here.... :wink:

Jarro
30th April 2004, 05:03 PM
Golfgirl,

we're always interested to hear how you're hitting 'em :D

Welcome aboard 8)

AndyP
30th April 2004, 05:18 PM
I noticed that she posted her score on that "other" site. :evil:

Golfgirl
30th April 2004, 06:02 PM
Ooops! Yes - caught me out! I did go and have my customary catharsis in that "other site".

But for those of you who missed it - it wasn't anything special. I had -5 in a Par round, got selected for pennants, and got asked to join the Ladies committee....

It was a busy day, yesterday.... :roll: [/quote]

BrisVegas
1st May 2004, 07:27 PM
whatever this topic is called..... results from today's round at Brooky with choppa in perfect conditions (ie. no excuses :wink: )....

86 (42 + 44)
10/14 fairways :)
7 GIR :oops:
33 putts

goughy
1st May 2004, 08:48 PM
Today I played so bad that I was pleasantly suprised that I only shot 90. What went wrong. Everything. What am I gonna do about it. [-o< \:D/ Worry 'bout it next time.

AndyP
1st May 2004, 10:15 PM
What am I gonna do about it. [-o< \:D/ Worry 'bout it next time.
That is, Middle Ridge Pro-am.
Goughy, I have the highest h/cap, and I expect to play so. :wink: Get your act together. :P

Vegas, you are playing at Brooky a bit. What's that costing you a round? :?:

Onewood
2nd May 2004, 09:45 AM
2nd Round of our club champ's, or Monthly medal for me...

I shot 76 - 8 =68 :D

I was going along level par until the 16th :cry: I finished 4 over for the last 3 holes :cry: :cry:

One of those was a 2 footer :oops: on the last....and I get beat into third on count back for the medal

jaster
2nd May 2004, 09:48 AM

I was going along level par until the 16th :cry: I finished 4 over for the last 3 holes :cry: :cry:

One of those was a 2 footer :oops: on the last....and I get beat into third on count back for the medal

Man the sound of someone choking must have been loud at Logan :P

Well played mate....good to see :wink:

AndyP
2nd May 2004, 12:49 PM
Nice score onewood. Shame about the choke. If you had kept the last 3 holes to 2 over instead of 4, were you a chance of a win?

Golfgirl
2nd May 2004, 01:09 PM

Nice going Onewood... :D

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 02:12 PM
well played Onewood 8)

pity about the choke #-o :lol:

Onewood
2nd May 2004, 03:50 PM
Thanks guy's and gal :D enough of the choke word but :oops: it could stick :D

jaster
2nd May 2004, 03:51 PM
Nice score onewood. Shame about the choke. If you had kept the last 3 holes to 2 over instead of 4, were you a chance of a win?

LOL...ummm...didn't you read his post??

I got beaten into third on a countback

This means he tied for first :lol: :lol: #-o

BrisVegas
2nd May 2004, 06:40 PM
Vegas, you are playing at Brooky a bit. What's that costing you a round? :?:

Yeah, I'm getting hooked on playing there!! 8) It's $85/75/65 on a weekend as a member's guest, depending on whether the member brings 1/2/3 guests with them on the day. They actually sent me a "frequent flyer" type card the other week which gets me $75 all the time. I think this was because I filled out one of their survey forms?? not sure...

Onewood
2nd May 2004, 06:44 PM
They actually sent me a "frequent flyer" type card the other week which gets me $75 all the time. I think this was because I filled out one of their survey forms?? not sure...

Me too 8) maybe we should tee up a game Dion :wink:

BrisVegas
2nd May 2004, 06:52 PM
They actually sent me a "frequent flyer" type card the other week which gets me $75 all the time. I think this was because I filled out one of their survey forms?? not sure...

Me too 8) maybe we should tee up a game Dion :wink:

I'd be keen for that Kevin. :)

I played today with Tezza and the enigmatic George at Indro pre-dawn! We hit off at 6:00am :shock:

76 (37+39)
11/14 fairways
10/18 greens
32 putts

Not that I am boasting on this forum, so please don't attack me :oops: , but that's about my best round in 6 months. 8) As a bonus, I finally got the better of the big fella :wink:

Onewood
2nd May 2004, 07:03 PM
Good score BrisVegas,

Feels good to shoot a good round, so boast all you like. :D
Specially beating tezza on his home track :D not many of us have done that #-o

I'll catch up re brooky when I get beck from Cairns :wink:

goughy
2nd May 2004, 07:10 PM
Goughy, I have the highest h/cap, and I expect to play so. Get your act together.

You're kidding yourself aren't ya andyp. I'm the highest marker for the pro-am. A neat 13.0 so eat that :P :P

Nasty stats for the round. Fairways 4/15, greens 4, putts 32. Up & downs 2 (18%). Nasty Nasty Nasty.

Some of the worst golf I have produced. But what is really strange is that I only shot 90. I still can't believe that I can play that bad and shoot 90. In a strange, sick twisted way it kind of gives me some confidence, because eventually it's all gonna fall together.

The back 9 was looking good until an oob o nthe 16th. Was 1 over par on the back till then, then went triple, double and par to finish.

What's frustrating about this game is you hit rock bottom, only to have something go right and guarantee that you'll come out next time rather than stick the clubs through the mulcher you hired (14hp, up to 3" dia brances, could even fit my driver in it :roll: )[/quote]

BrisVegas
2nd May 2004, 07:12 PM
Thanks Kev! Nice shooting yourself. There you go, that was easy! Mutual respect for good golf! Pity the Mexicans couldn't get their heads around the concept.

Terry had a bit of a slow start, but parred the back nine pretty easy, so I'll just consider myself lucky today! :wink: Golf is such a weird game... My last four rounds have been 93, 80, 86, 76...??? You just never know what's around the corner I guess. :?

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 07:14 PM
76 (37+39)
11/14 fairways
10/18 greens
32 putts

nice shootin Vegas =D>

How'd the wedge play go :?:

.... and how did Tezza do :-k

BrisVegas
2nd May 2004, 07:15 PM
Crikey Goughy, you parred the 18th at City??? :shock: That's a bastard of a hole. That hole has ruined too many of my rounds...

Chin up mate... A good round is just around the corner... I broke 80 today, so it can happen to anyone!!

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 07:59 PM
Goughy will save his best for when he plays me next i expect :-s

Golfgirl
2nd May 2004, 08:51 PM
Pity the Mexicans couldn't get their heads around the concept.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just so long as you all remember that I am a transplanted Qld'er!!! :wink:

terryand
2nd May 2004, 10:11 PM
Hey guys finally back on line cause bigponds been down all day #-o

yes I've been done around Indro :-({|=

Brisvegas played a very steady game today,could have been a bit better with some failed lefty Phil lob shots :lol:

I had an unbelievable start with 12 over on the front nine with 10 on the 8th par 5 with 2 in the water,2 bunker shots and so on =D>

Was able to turn it aroud and have par for the back nine to save me from breaking something [-X

Funny thing was it stuck the ball pretty good all day apart for a couple of bad shots.I lost 3 balls in two holes on 8 & 9 :oops:

Terry.

jaster
2nd May 2004, 10:31 PM
Well played Vegas....revenge for middle ridge :)

I must say that I really cannot see a problem with anyone posting and stating how good (or bad) they played...why should you need someone else to do it for you??? Very very strange :?:

If goughy is not on single figures by September then I am going to retire as his coach ;) There...I said it :shock: :P

terryand
2nd May 2004, 10:39 PM
I just read the last page and saw your round Onewood, nice shootin =D>

Don't worry about the finish mate,I wouldn't call it a choke monkey man :mrgreen:

Terry.

Jarro
3rd May 2004, 06:55 AM
Onewood, i told you not to look at your scorecard when you get near the end of a good round #-o

does it to me all the time :cry:

terryand
3rd May 2004, 09:44 AM
I think cause you are playin so well and doin it easy you tend to relax a bit and then your gone :-k

has happened to me a bit lately :oops: ](*,) so now I really work hard n the last few holes to finish strongly and keep the round and score respectable 8)

Terry.

Onewood
3rd May 2004, 12:18 PM
Onewood, i told you not to look at your scorecard when you get near the end of a good round #-o

does it to me all the time :cry:

Hard not to know when your all Square after 15, but I know what you and Terry are saying......Set myself for the 11 par 4s in a row and come through them 1 under :shock: our 16th is an easy par 5 and I sliced my second into the water and scrambled hard for a bogey,then went double bogey.... bogey finish :evil:

I'm feeling good though and I feel sorry for the Cairns boys :lol: I'm ready for this TOUR :P

AndyP
3rd May 2004, 04:51 PM
Vegas, I've got the loyalty card too. I still can't spend $75 on a round of golf very much. :(

Played Oxley GC at 7am, this morning after going to bed at 3am, with a few drinks under the belt.
For the second week in a row I flirted with the 100 mark. Oh well, maybe I can crack the ton on Saturday at Middle Ridge. :roll:
I had a 98. No more details required.
Found the greens to be very fast. And my iron shots have gone walkabout. I'm not particularly worried though. I'll make sure I am rested and not hungover before the Middle Ridge Pro-am.

Jarro
5th May 2004, 12:58 PM
played Nudgee South today. course was in pretty good nick. A couple of temporary greens/tees due to the work being done there... but no big drama 8)

had 35 points (15/20) with 2 wipes :x A real turnaround for my game today, my driver deserted me ... while chipping and putting was quite good :?

Didn't get in the same group as Nudgee, but i could see his brand new R7 driver gleaming in the sunlight on the tee box behind me :lol:

Can't wait until they finish the work on that south course, it'll be one great course then :D

drunken
5th May 2004, 01:05 PM
had 32 points this morning...but the comp was a 4BBB and my partner had the same score....combined we ended up with 46......we both pulled out decent holes when the other had a shocked :roll:

Fishman Dan
5th May 2004, 03:15 PM
Final Score
Blake - 37pts
G69 - 30pts.

On the Norman scale, that's a fair sort of a choke!

corowakid
5th May 2004, 05:59 PM
Us country guys from deep south NSW say "how you hitting 'em". Usually replied by "Great!", "shithouse", or somewhere in-between! :D

andylo
6th May 2004, 10:17 AM
Us country guys from deep south NSW say "how you hitting 'em". Usually replied by "Great!", "shithouse", or somewhere in-between!

Which is "Great shithouse"?? :lol:

Golfgirl
6th May 2004, 07:42 PM
I played Monthly Medal today - good front nine followed by the biggest back nine choke that you have ever seen, it even included 3 x 9's.... :shock:

Imagine my delight when I found out that I missed the medal by one stroke and only got a voucher for my efforts... :evil:

The highlight: I had only 36 putts for my round, which considering my usual form, is not too bad... :D

oh well, pennants start on Monday, better go practice.... :wink:

AndyP
6th May 2004, 09:11 PM
Good luck, GG 8)

Judge Smails
7th May 2004, 02:18 PM
I always thought 'How did you play this weekend' was pretty catchy!

How about 'Around the Grounds' or 'Chips'n'Chunks'

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 02:30 PM
What about "Penthouse, or shithouse?"

AndyP
7th May 2004, 02:36 PM
I always thought 'How did you play this weekend' was pretty catchy!

How about 'Around the Grounds' or 'Chips'n'Chunks'
Welcome to OzGolf, judge.

"How did you play this w/e?" is prejudice against those that do not play on a weekend. Plus we are not about to copy that "other" site are we?

AndyP
7th May 2004, 03:19 PM
If the h/cap is 5 to 1, I've still got a bit of improving to do.

However, I will assume that it is 5 to 18. Sounds good. But you will have to remind us closer to the date methinks.

Jarro
7th May 2004, 03:30 PM
i think that Hcap range might be from 5 - 10 AndyP :roll:

a few of us still have some improving to do :oops:

AndyP
7th May 2004, 03:47 PM
i think that Hcap range might be from 5 - 10 AndyP :roll:

Do you? That's strange. :smt021

g69, is that at Southport GC (if it exists :? ). What is that course like?

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 04:35 PM
One of the senior managers from my old job invited me to play there - largely so he could show off - but the greens had just been cored and were completely useless. He was very embarrassed, and didn't need his guests (including his father) ribbing him all day about the pristine condition of the greens he warned us about.

Other than that seems to be a pretty challenging course. A couple of the last holes - par 3 over water followed by the short par 4 with water down left/OOB right can make or break a round. Don't do what i did, you should lay up off the tee ;)

Jarro
7th May 2004, 04:51 PM
sounds like a nice little track.

does it have a website :?:

jaster
7th May 2004, 10:52 PM
Getting this thread back on track :roll:

Shot 73 today in the Middle Ridge GC Proam. 39 points. Struck the ball well but had 33 putts :( On 3.8 at the moment and CCR will probably be 36 or 37 points. Not far off the 3 handicap now :o :smt023

drunken
8th May 2004, 08:46 AM
jeez jaster you'll be turning pro before too long :wink:

I had a lesson off a mate yesterday, he's the trainee pro at my club. We've come up with a deal were he gives me free lessons and I shout him a few drinks when we're out :D

It's amazing how simple things can change your swing from a crappy one to something half decent 8)

Courty
8th May 2004, 09:19 AM
I shot 67 off the bat including hole-in-ones on 3 of the 4 Par 3's to beat Onewood by 22 shots and Mike by 28. Won the money and the comp, all the NTP's and the Long Drive...

...and then I woke up. :roll: :oops:

Seriously, looking forward to the big event. I woke this morning to find it drizzling, so there won't be much run on the course. Hopefully a bit off local knowledge will help Mike and I. We'll just point Onewood in the wrong direction off the tee :^o :-#

goughy
8th May 2004, 01:55 PM
Played pro-am today. Nothing exciting about it. 4 fairways, but catch this. 1 gir all day :oops: And I birdied that hole 8) . 2 balls in the drink and 1 lost in the trees didn't help. Most disappointing moment, after hitting my second into the par 5 first (our 16th hole) finding the hairline crack in my 3 wood :cry: It's gonna be hard only carrying driver then to 3 iron for a while.

Thanks to jaster and andyp for the game, as well as the pro in our group, Paul Christie ???(I think that's right).

Fortunately good company made up for the poor rounds of golf.

Best moment of the day; sitting in the clubhouse after the round; looking at the pro's scores from the first round yesterday; and seeing that my round today beat one pro by 5 shots :shock: 8) I kidding myself into letting that make me feel better.

terryand
8th May 2004, 02:13 PM
Don't worry about the 3 wood Goughy.

I'll send up the solitaire 3.5 with one of the boys next week for you for doing such a great job with the site 8)

Or you might be reaping the benefits of Robyn's great work :lol:

But I guess someone had to plant the seed :smt118

Anyway feel free to use the solitaire until Jaster can source you a tour something :smt082 :smt023 :smt036

Terry.

goughy
8th May 2004, 02:18 PM
Thanks terry. You are the king :smt023

If I hit it anything like at indooroopilly, I may be talking to ya soooooon.

Pity too because I was just hitting it so well lately.

jaster
8th May 2004, 03:06 PM
Don't worry about the 3 wood Goughy.

I'll send up the solitaire 3.5 with one of the boys next week for you for doing such a great job with the site 8)

Or you might be reaping the benefits of Robyn's great work :lol:

But I guess someone had to plant the seed :smt118

Anyway feel free to use the solitaire until Jaster can source you a tour something :smt082 :smt023 :smt036

Terry.

Your a legend Terry :smt038

Thanks Andy and goughy for the game today. Had a great time even though the scores weren't too flash :roll: My highlight was the 70ft bomb I dropped for my only birdie of the day :smt040

Golfgirl
8th May 2004, 03:34 PM
Hey Goughy!

How did Paul Christie play???

PC and Matt did their time together and are pretty good buddies.... :D Haven't heard from him in a little while - but with him now on the tour (he was the GOM at Pelican Waters) and us moving down here, I guess that kind of happens.

clikchic
8th May 2004, 04:27 PM
Let's just say that he fitted in pretty well with us. Don't know his score, although jaster marked his card so he might.

Nice guy, and although it wasn't his day he seemed to enjoy the company. Just never got his round going (the story of our whole group).

Interesting story - on the first tee he asked andy and I our hc's. Was quite happy with the two 13's and said that it'd be good to go around with a group who can hold there own :smt106 Not today. He said a mate of his was grouped with 3 guys once (don't know what there hc's were) but over the 18 holes they each scored a total of 0 in stableford :shock: . Apparently the round took over 7 hours.

Golfgirl
8th May 2004, 04:43 PM
Let's just say that he fitted in pretty well with us. Don't know his score, although jaster marked his card so he might.

Nice guy, and although it wasn't his day he seemed to enjoy the company. Just never got his round going (the story of our whole group).

Yeah - he is a nice guy....

Once when Matt was playing a pro-am - there was an old guy in the group who got really flustered by having a pro in the group (why would you play in a pro-am if this was the case...), and he chopped and shanked it so bad that I spent all day looking for his golf ball, leaving Matt to caddy for himself! :shock: The round took about 6 hours.... ](*,)

Courty
8th May 2004, 11:35 PM
Here's (http://www.geocities.com/c0urty/cairns01.html) a photo from the first Ozgolf.net Event.

The event was a 4BBB stableford which was the qualifying round for a 4BBB stroke matchplay (top 16 go to knockout rounds). Mike and I played against Onewood and his brother Terry. Both pairs were neck and neck for the front 9, finishing tied on 20pts each, with Onewood and Terry just ahead in the sidebet. However, the second 9 was a different story. Mike and I scored 25pts :shock: on the 2nd 9 including a 1 pointer to finish 3rd overall in the comp (Winner had 46pts). Mike made a solid birdie on the 3rd (350m par 4). Terry made one on the 6th (471m par 5) and I made one on the 10th (367m par 4) and on the 18th (467m par 5). Unfortunately, no hole-in-ones from the Hole-in-one King today, :cry: but we are going out again for a bash tomorrow with wavemaker and young Mitchell :)

I'm sure Onewood will redeem himself tomorrow and dish out some payback... :smt021

The company was great, but it would have been nice if the course was in a bit better shape. :roll: :?

Jarro
9th May 2004, 06:35 AM
Nice pic Courty 8)

well played guys. Did Onewood try and sell you a chipping mat while he was there :roll: :lol:
Take some more pic's today if you can :wink:

Courty
9th May 2004, 07:16 AM
Nice pic Courty 8)

well played guys. Did Onewood try and sell you a chipping mat while he was there :roll: :lol:
Nope, but he did remind us about his hole-in-ones plenty of times... :wink: :D

Take some more pic's today if you can :wink:

Got the camera charged and ready to go. Should be a bit more relaxed round today, so will have more photo opportunities.

mike
9th May 2004, 09:10 AM
just taking a quick break from helping my sons ( 12 and 8 ) make a pancake breakfast for their mum. The things we do.
Great day yesterday. I played in patches the way I want to play all the time. Courty and I combined really well for the 45 pts. While Courty was getting his birdies and pars, I was hacking out from behind trees and while I was getting pars ( and a bird ), Courty was hitting flop shots 50 metres into a mangrove forest. :D You had to see it to believe it. Ever seen a flop shot with a low trajectory and a slight draw ? :D :D
Onewood had a day he'd probably sooner forget, golf wise that is.He appeared to be having fun, though . I think I was making him nervous. :wink:
Anyway , thanks to Courty, Onewood and Terry for a very enjoyable day.

Better go, I can small something burning.

Golfgirl
9th May 2004, 02:07 PM
just taking a quick break from helping my sons ( 12 and 8 ) make a pancake breakfast for their mum. The things we do.

I'm all for pancake breakfasts on Mother's Day... or any other day.... Don't you neglect those pancakes just to talk to all of us! :wink:

AndyP
9th May 2004, 06:41 PM
Geez, I suck ATM. How can someone's golf game go out 20 shots within a few weeks? :evil:

I spent half the day under trees, where I had hardly any swing room. I toed drives, heeled drives and even had an airswing during the day. :oops:

Anyway, had a good day with Jaster and goughy. And the pro was really easy to get along with. Good to see him hang around for a beer with us afterwards too.

Highlight for me was getting a birdie on the hardest hole of the course, by holing a chip and run up a tiered green with a 7 iron off the edge of the green. Goughy getting a GIR was pretty exciting too. :D

BTW, I got 26 points. Sometimes stableford scores can be flattering.

Nevertheless, despite my golfing and the inconsistent drizzle, I had a great day. :D

goughy
9th May 2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks for making the trip andy. Hopefully there will be some form reversal for us before our next game. Oh no :shock: . My next game is another ozgolf day. Time to do some work during the week.

Jarro
9th May 2004, 07:05 PM
How was the course guys :?:

Greens in good nick :?

AndyP
9th May 2004, 07:05 PM
Thanks for making the trip andy. Hopefully there will be some form reversal for us before our next game. Oh no :shock: . My next game is another ozgolf day. Time to do some work during the week.
Concentrate on getting some GIRs, goughy. Yesterday, you had a 100% conversion rate to birdies from GIRs. :wink:

BrisVegas
9th May 2004, 08:48 PM
Played Gailes today on a whim, as yesterday's round got canned. Hit it pretty well, although made no putts. I aso screwed up a couple of greenside chip shots, but otherwise, pretty solid... Missed 3 or 4 birdie putts inside 10 feet, which is always pretty aggravating.. :roll:

(Single Stroke) 79

11 Fairways
11 GIR
32 putts
2/3 sand saves!!! :shock:

jaster
9th May 2004, 09:33 PM
Concentrate on getting some GIRs, goughy. Yesterday, you had a 100% conversion rate to birdies from GIRs. :wink:

Don't worry yourself too much Andy, you would have just been nervous playing with me :P :wink: I agree with you about goughy, his putting is great :)

As for myself, I had 32 points :( couldn't pull a trick and certainly missing too many putts from 10ft in. At least I holed a 60fter!!! Man that was a great feeling :wink: I think I was just trying too hard after doing so much the day before :x

Fishman Dan
9th May 2004, 11:16 PM
Had a hit with a mate at the site of last weeks complete aborration. Sorted out my wild iron play, and with the TM 300Ti in the bag it was a completely different game.

Would have had 40 points - including being 15 metres shy of the 18th green (par 5) in 2 - the second shot would have had all genuine strokemakers applauding. Bashed the drive to about 180 out, right rough. Played a low 3-iron fade under tree branches that came to a rest just short. I'll say this - i intended to hit that shot, but i was pretty surprised it actually worked!

But as i keep saying, Sydney golf is in trouble. No one calls up (we did all day for the group following us :smt083), groups just mosey down fairways instead of finding their balls and waiting beside them. 2 groups ahead of us had 2 free holes in front of them. That's just rude :twisted: Over 4.5 hours for a social game at a par 65. :roll:

damoocow
9th May 2004, 11:29 PM
fishman - if Jello Biafra had been in your group you would have gotten around a touch quicker !!
damoocow

Courty
10th May 2004, 12:40 PM
while I was getting pars ( and a bird ), Courty was hitting flop shots 50 metres into a mangrove forest. :D You had to see it to believe it. Ever seen a flop shot with a low trajectory and a slight draw ? :D :D

Thanks for the wrap Mike :wink: :D
I played again yesterday with Onewood, wavemaker and my regular comp partner, JD at Half Moon Bay Golf Club. Onewood remembered which end of the driver goes at the top and started hitting some very nice drives (compared to the Saturday round :wink: ) I was hoping for a Hole-in-one, but no such luck. :cry: The best he could do was an eagle on the 7th. :( :wink: Driver, driver off-the-deck to 2 ft, shaky putt. :twisted: Onewood blitzed the rest of us with 38pts. An amazing 17pts on the front considering his first 4 holes were: wipe, wipe, 1, 1. wavemaker made a nervous start, but after a few astute pointers from JD (a real student of the swing), made noticeable improvement during the round. A few lessons and he'll be right up there with us. Although the way he was putting, he'll be the one giving us lessons! :shock:

It was a joy to see young Mitchell go around with us and put his immense talent on display. When Onewood gets back, he'll probably try and convince you all that I was outdriven by Mitchell :oops: , but neither shot was on the fairway. As we all know, for a drive to count, it has to be on the fairway. :roll: Anyhow, I wouldn't be the first member from 'round these parts who has been outdriven by Mitchell (eh, jarro :wink: )

I have a couple of photos and even a small video, so I will post these tonight if I get some time.

I'd like to thank Onewood, Mike, wavemaker, Mitchell and JD for their company and classy golf over the weekend. I'm looking forward to coming down to Brisneyland for a few rounds with the boys... :D

BrisVegas
10th May 2004, 12:57 PM
But as i keep saying, Sydney golf is in trouble. No one calls up (we did all day for the group following us :smt083), groups just mosey down fairways instead of finding their balls and waiting beside them. 2 groups ahead of us had 2 free holes in front of them. That's just rude :twisted: Over 4.5 hours for a social game at a par 65. :roll:

Fishman,
That's a shame to see golf become a pain in the r's like that. If it's any consolation, I found social golf in the states to be slower again... :evil: I had a nice quick round on Sunday in the comp, as it was Mother's Day and not too many people around. We were done in 3.5 hours, which is amazing considering the two other guys were 60+ y.o. and the woman was 50+ .... She hit the ball way better than the old blokes though....

Courty
10th May 2004, 05:59 PM
As posted earlier, here's (http://www.geocities.com/c0urty/halfmoon.html) some photos from yesterday's round at Half Moon Bay. There's even a little treat for fans of Onewood's putting stroke. :wink:

mike
10th May 2004, 11:01 PM
Courty, how was the course condition at HMB ? Looks a bit rough in the pics.
Did onewood eagle 7 :shock: or was it 6 ?

Courty
11th May 2004, 07:45 AM
Courty, how was the course condition at HMB ? Looks a bit rough in the pics.
Some of the greens were pretty ordinary, but it was nice to not have any lofted shot plug. For the most part, the ground was nice and firm. There were only a few bad spots, and they were off the fairways anyway.

Did onewood eagle 7 :shock: or was it 6 ?
The eagle was on the hilly par 5 after the hole surrounded by mangroves and OOB. I think it was No. 6 now that I think about it again. :?

Golfgirl
11th May 2004, 10:36 AM
Well guys, my long awaited first ever pennant match came and went yesterday. :wink:

I have mixed feelings about the result - I lost 2 down, which makes me feel a bit :cry: , but I barely hit the ball in the air all day, so I had to chip and putt my butt off to keep the match going.... :shock: :D

My team got a real shellacking - we lost all five games.... I was the only person who managed to take it to the 18th. :shock:

The lesson on Friday proved to be a real mistake - I had so many swing thoughts running around in my head that I couldn't just stand over the ball and pull the trigger. :? I had the "Tiger Wood's" two way miss going on - I either hit it low and left - or high and right, but more commonly, 40m along the ground or off the toe and into hazard/out of bounds/trees....

I have no idea what I will do on Thursday.... looks like I will need to go to the driving range to try and groove the new swing, because yesterday's disaster was almost certainly caused by mixing up my new swing with my old swing.....

I don't know that I've ever said this before.... thank god for my putter.... I could have kissed it :!: :smt058

Courty
11th May 2004, 10:51 AM
Nevermind, GG. Just put it down to a learning experience. My first Pennants game was a bit shaky as well 'cos I wasn't sure what to expect. But once I got the first one out of the way (won the last 3 holes to finish 1 up) I knew what I was up against and it only got better.
Matchplay is a different story to a regular 18 hole round. You don't have to add up the score at the end, only the number of holes won. Every hole is a different game. If you have a bad one, just forget about it and start fresh on the next tee.
Just trust your swing and everything will be fine. :)

Golfgirl
11th May 2004, 11:11 AM
Thanks Courty :D

Matt keeps reassuring me that 2 down is not that bad a result for a first pennant match, but I can't help that feel that if I had been playing my usual game that I would have had a win... :(

I was nervous, and I really didn't expect to be... :roll:

AndyP
11th May 2004, 11:48 AM
I've got my first competition matchplay coming up soon. Now you've got me worried. :shock:

Flowergirl
11th May 2004, 04:34 PM
Yea!!! Tomorrow I can actually get to play a game of golf. Haven't held a club in my hand for 10 days - I'm a florist - last week Mothers Day - say no more :smt019 :smt019 Money was good but having withdrawal from golf soooo bad.
Playing American foursomes with the one of the oldest, slowest and worse players in the club - but I don't care :D :D At least I won't have to look at any flowers all day!!!
Yea!!!! :D

markTHEblake
11th May 2004, 09:35 PM
As posted earlier, here's (http://www.geocities.com/c0urty/halfmoon.html) some photos from yesterday's round at Half Moon Bay.

hey - Half Moon bay is the home of one of my favourite all time club Pro's, Alex Kippen.
If you know him pls give him my regards if you play there again. ( i knew him in Darwin)

markTHEblake
11th May 2004, 09:54 PM
Played in an Ambrose @ Emerald Lakes last saturday, and for the first time since I have started playing golf 25 years ago, my entire family played together (Mum Dad , brother and I), which is amazing seeings that we have about 150 years golf between us.

We knocked up a decent score of 11 under, to give is a net 18 under but only came 3rd. Figured it was a decent score as my brother hasnt played for 3 years and my Dad has played probably 10 times in the last 20.

My brother was a classic, his first shot of the day was 250m gentle fade. His canned his first putt a 40ft downhill slide. The next drive he cold topped so badly it almost hit him in the chin.

An amazing thing happend on the day. The team that won, Albatrossed the 2nd hole - the amazing part was, Pro Doug Kercher video taped the guys swing when he it it. They didnt know it went in at the time, but we were talking about this - how much is the video tape worth to that golfer? :-)

BrisVegas
12th May 2004, 08:09 AM
An amazing thing happend on the day. The team that won, Albatrossed the 2nd hole - the amazing part was, Pro Doug Kercher video taped the guys swing when he it it. They didnt know it went in at the time, but we were talking about this - how much is the video tape worth to that golfer? :-)

mtb - Is that the short par 4? If it was, that's a hole-in-one worth boasting about!!!!! :smt118

Fishman Dan
12th May 2004, 09:22 AM

So, did the pro find anything wrong with that swing?

Courty
12th May 2004, 09:27 AM
So, did the pro find anything wrong with that swing?

:smt081 :smt081 :smt081

AndyP
12th May 2004, 10:28 AM
About time you posted, FlowerGirl. :P
Good to see you are getting back out onto the course. 8)

markTHEblake
12th May 2004, 12:30 PM
mtb - Is that the short par 4? If it was, that's a hole-in-one worth boasting about!!!!! :smt118

naah - 430m par 5 (from the whites). He hit a 5 wood from about 190m, Pin was tight behind the bunker, on a slope would have been impossible with a wedge let alone a long club, but it was into the wind which helped.

I was in the following group and hit a 2 iron to 20ft, best shot i have ever hit into that hole, yet I felt like a hack.....

drunken
12th May 2004, 12:34 PM
played absolutely S&%^$(#$ today, 27 points....althoguh I scored better than the rest of my group which is saying something :shock:

Fishman Dan
12th May 2004, 12:36 PM
At Ballina? Was the course that punishing, or was it just a case of the rot setting in?

wavemaker
12th May 2004, 04:03 PM
great photos courty, just what is a drawing three quarter knockdown. i really enjoyed the round with all you blokes and the talent of young mitchel has to be seen to be believed. i learnt as much from him as i did from you, jd and onewood. many thanks for the help you gave me and also for your patience.

drunken
13th May 2004, 07:37 AM
Dan, I had an absolute shocker, although the conditions didn't help. I drove and putted like a demon :twisted: but everything in between was terrible.

The CCR was 71 which makes me think we weren't the only ones who had a hard day (ACR is 69).

Flowergirl
13th May 2004, 10:13 AM
Thank you for your welcome Andy P :D Nice to be missed!!

Had an ordinary day of golf yesterday. We played American doubles - both tee off-hit partners ball - then choose best and play on as normal foursomes. Was a bit tricky cos they put me with someone who can't hit much more than 80 mtrs - even off the tee!! Of course I had to try to play catch up golf all day - a challenge but interesting!!!
Going to start having regular weekly lessons - my goal is to take 3 off my handicap by the end of the year and here it is May already. :D :D

Courty
13th May 2004, 10:20 AM
We played American doubles - both tee off-hit partners ball - then choose best and play on as normal foursomes.

:shock: Never played that one before... Sounds interesting :-k

Love the avatar, Betty... :smt007

Flowergirl
13th May 2004, 11:33 AM
It was a toss up between Betty and the fat broad bending over with the split trousers...........I suppose I'm somewhere in the middle.........but hey - It's your fantasy!!!!
American doubles is an interesting game...........frustrating..........but interesting :smt119

Courty
13th May 2004, 11:46 AM
but hey - It's your fantasy!!!!

Sorry Flowergirl, but cartoon characters with heads as big as a barrel do nothing for me... :wink: :shock: :lol:

Golfgirl
13th May 2004, 06:17 PM
Hi Flowergirl! Good to see you! :D

I played single stableford today - had 38 points :shock: , and quite frankly, left a few out there (couple of wipes, couple of one pointers...)

The swing changes feel like they are starting to come into effect - but I still feel very uneasy over the ball, and I'm still producing some really rank shots... :?

The biggest difference today was that I really thought about shot placement - saved myself a lot of shots on the holes that normally kills me (13 and 14 - my own personal "amen corner"). In fact, I got a string of 3 pointers going.... :D

There was only 15 people in the comp today, so the AWCR was used instead of a CCR being calculated, so I only lost 0.4. (Back to 27) Probably not a bad thing though, because CCR's here have been so high lately that I potentially could have lost a couple of shots, and my Holden Scramble teammates would have had me shot.... :lol: :lol:

AndyP
14th May 2004, 12:09 AM
I told you it would all start coming together, GG. 8)

McMw
15th May 2004, 01:16 AM
form this evening was scratchy... :?
I didn't play all that badly for the 9, but still got an ass-whooping... :shock:
ah...there's always 18 tomorrow and 18 sunday to look forward to... :D

Judge Smails
15th May 2004, 08:53 AM
36 points, 18 either side.
I had 5 one pointers in that and only one Birdie, left a few on the course, in fact I three putted 10 from 15 feet, pin high, for 3 points!
Missed a shot birdie on 17 after a super 6 iron to 8 feet but holed some beautys ont he way around as well. 37 won A Grade on a count back and I played to 11 without doing anything special so I'm pretty happy, see how it holds up today (after a few glasses of red/crownies and some JD"S watching the Bombers thump the Crows last night!)

McMw
15th May 2004, 11:30 PM
only hit 5girs today...but I drove well...so something's wrong!!!
it's the first time I took the staff progressive out for a hit for 18 holes...
loving it...but not really sure about distance...

should be able to get it sorted out tomorrow...

if only I can putt!!! :roll:

Onewood
16th May 2004, 09:06 AM
Disapointing 80 - 7 - 73 :cry:

37 - 43 :smt089

The pins were in some hard spots due to the fourth round of club champs

I doubled 3 and 4 from nowhere :?

oh well always tuesday at woodford to look forward to :D

Courty
16th May 2004, 09:11 AM
Played the first round of the Bank of Queensland Classic yesterday. Solid round of 82 (Nett 71) to be about equal 3rd or so in B-Grade. Should have been better. 3 doubles :oops: , all on par 5's. What's going on there?
Still, I'm in a reasonable position to give it a shake. Just have to put it all together today. :?

Onewood
16th May 2004, 09:14 AM
Good luck Courty, 8) what time you off :?:

Courty
16th May 2004, 09:18 AM
Around 12:30, towards the end of the field.
I forgot to mention, the B-Grade leader (11h'cap) had 74 (Nett 63 :shock: ) Needless to say the handicapper was gleefully rubbing his hands together, ready to chop a few shots off him.

I'm predicting he'll put too much pressure on himself after such a scorching round and will have a major choke today... :wink: :D

Onewood
16th May 2004, 09:22 AM
Around 12:30, towards the end of the field.
I forgot to mention, the B-Grade leader (11h'cap) had 74 (Nett 63 :shock: ) Needless to say the handicapper was gleefully rubbing his hands together, ready to chop a few shots off him.

Hey 3 doubles on par fives :roll: just think if they were pars the handicaper would be taking a good look at you :wink:

That great weather I left behind still hanging around I see :D

Courty
16th May 2004, 09:25 AM
That great weather I left behind still hanging around I see :D

Sure is. I hope it stays a while longer too... I've got a lot of work to do in the yard :(

Golfgirl
16th May 2004, 10:20 AM
Good luck Courty!

Look forward to hearing the results... :D

Fishman Dan
16th May 2004, 03:55 PM
Cumberland CC in Sydney. Very ordinary stuff today - let's just say we were still a few shots shy of 30 points :oops:
Main problem today was 100 mtrs and in - after getting lessons i couldn't play a wedge from less than 80m (inc. short range chips). Glad to see the new shot worked on the 3rd, par 3 190 metres. I was pin high left edge. Drove the ball well except for a few holes.
Fast greens, and if i made it there was shots in hand, I putted well. Started to get the game in gear on the back with a few GIR's. The one positive is that if i had a GIR, i 2-putted, and usually with a tap-in/short 2nd putt.

So i've got the golf pro working with me - now just need a sports psychologist. Anyone?

BrisVegas
16th May 2004, 07:04 PM
Played a 9 hole ambrose this afternoon at Brookwater (with a 27hcap guy and two 36 hcap women...). We got lucky and drained a couple of 20 footers. Played my ball almost the whole round and we had -3 for 9 holes. 8) 8)

I had a follow up lesson yesterday with Rob Nichols and made some progress. He video taped me and then he showed me side by side against Ernie and Elkington etc.. It was interesting to see the similarities (few) and differences(many).

McMw
16th May 2004, 07:51 PM
one better than yesterday...thanks to a semi-monster birdie putt on the 16th... :lol:

could and should have been sooo much worse tho...was +4 after the 3rd hole... :roll:
but I'll take it!!! 8)

AndyP
16th May 2004, 09:45 PM
g69, blakey, jono
These scores count for the OzGolf championships I believe. 8)

Courty
16th May 2004, 10:17 PM
When I got to the club this morning, I found out that I actually got Gross Runner-up for B-Grade for the day's round. $40 voucher in the pro-shop... time for another shirt :roll: .

Played patchy today. Finished with 87 (Nett 76) :( to finish 4th in both Nett and Gross. One hole really killed me. The 210m par 3 5th hole. Hit my 3 iron off the toe and finished 20m short and a bit right. Knockdown SW flew over the flag and off the back. Flubbed the first chip. 2nd chip ran over the edge of the hole but had too much on it. Return putt went over the same edge and was 8-10 inches past. Then, on a one-handed tap-in, I hit the ground behind the ball and moved it all of 2 inches. Next effort finally sent it home. Count 'em: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7! :oops: :cry:
I vented my frustration on the ball on the next tee. Man, you should have seen that baby go! :twisted:

I'm predicting he'll put too much pressure on himself after such a scorching round and will have a major choke today...

I was right, I saw him before he teed off and he was peaking. He had an 89 (Nett 78) today... Only good enough for 2nd.
:?

markTHEblake
16th May 2004, 11:28 PM
Blakey makes a bird and I struggle in the dark for a double and a wash.Blakey turns 17 points, and 16 for me.

Thats why the call me "Snake in the Dark"

Final scores
Blakey 38 points
G69 38 points.

You forgot to mention that I only played 17 holes. That 10 i had on the 1st hole was just to give you a start.

Judge Smails
17th May 2004, 08:09 AM
Pretty windy day at Ranfurlie and I played with one of the slowest/worst players in the world.
As you can see I'm trying to find an excuse for my 27 points, perhaps it was more to do with me missing 5 or 6 very gettable putts as I hit the ball OK but I'd prefer to blame someone else for my short comings!

Fishman Dan
17th May 2004, 09:01 AM
Pretty windy day at Ranfurlie and I played with one of the slowest/worst players in the world.
As you can see I'm trying to find an excuse for my 27 points, perhaps it was more to do with me missing 5 or 6 very gettable putts as I hit the ball OK but I'd prefer to blame someone else for my short comings!

A fortnight ago i had a 5+ hour round and scored worse. I know where you're coming from. In all honestly i think there's credit there, you just can't get any continuity/momentum when the round is that slow.

Flowergirl
17th May 2004, 09:27 AM
Played nine holes both Sat & Sun at my home course in Rosebud. Both days played good solid golf - nothing brillant - only pars & boegys though - except both days had two bad blowouts!!! I'm getting soooo close to playing the kind of golf I'd be happy with. If I can play to a handicap of 18 I'd be delighted!! I've just got to stop these stupid bad holes!!!

What I'm really pleased with is that I didn't have any three putts - only twos and ones.............and I even did some good chips..

Playing Par on Wednesday.....grrrrrrrrrrr.............hard game. :? :? :?

AndyP
17th May 2004, 09:44 PM
I played at Gungahlin Lakes in Canberra today. After working a 12 hour shift overnight, then cleaning ice off the windscreen before heading off. So I wasn't expecting very good golf from myself.
First hole, birdie. :shock:

The rest of the day was closer to my expectations, hacking it around and playing some really really bad shots. Went crap on the par 5s.
On one hole, I drastically sliced my T-shot. Topped the second T-shot, topped another two shots, hit it into the greenside bunker and three putted for a bogey on a par 4. ;)
I ended up with a +18, 90. So not a bad score. Haven't really looked at the card yet (went straight to bed), but I think I tended to mix my double bogeys with pars.

My lack of sleep in the last few days was definitely a contributing factor. Sometimes I found it hard to feel balanced over the ball. And I had trouble getting my eyes to focus.
But it was golf, so it's all good. :D

McMw
17th May 2004, 10:21 PM
played okay this evening...

it was me, the kid, the aussie and a 24hcper mate...

I left a 15 footer birdie putt on the first 2 ft short, 1 foot left... :lol:
drained a bird for a deuce on the 2nd...
made a great par on the 3rd despite being in the crapper off the tee...
made a par 5 on the 4th despite hitting my 3rd shot from the drain (into the wind, so naturally all the crap blew back onto my white TM shirt!)
had to make a 4 footer par on the 5th after hitting it into the crapper - this after watching the kid nail a 30 footer putt for an eagle 2... (both now at -1)... :D
both made ugly pars on the 6th (two great uphill right to left putts)...
then the kid had his brainfart for a double on 7, par for me...
and we both had very dissapointing bogeys on the 8th and 9th... :roll:

I defn threw this round away... :roll:

Onewood
17th May 2004, 10:32 PM
Good to see the kid back in form :D I love an underdog :lol: :lol:

McMw
17th May 2004, 10:38 PM
hahaha....
the kid now has the dubious honour of being the "9-hole-King"....
he plays well when we play 9 during the evening, but can't convert that form into our 18s over the weekend... :lol:

don't think he's broken 80 in the past 7-9 18 holers... :shock:

but he's "close"... :wink:

Onewood
17th May 2004, 10:48 PM
Tell him he has a great Aussie following :lol: and to pull his finger out :D

We can't get to play a round with you, so we have to barrack for the kid :wink:

GO THE KID 8) (kick Mau's butt) :D

990B Luva
18th May 2004, 06:03 PM
been playing like crap recently but am now starting to get my game together

AndyP
19th May 2004, 04:44 AM
Any more voters on this poll, coz it is deadlocked. :?

wavemaker
19th May 2004, 06:27 AM
tried to vote on it and i cant. thingy down the bottom says i can. :?:

AndyP
19th May 2004, 06:46 AM
Did you break it on me, wavemaker? :P

I don't know what the problem would be, I don't view the options anymore, just the results.

wavemaker
19th May 2004, 08:07 AM
so, where do i click on the bloody thing.

drunken
19th May 2004, 11:58 AM
38 Points this morning (21 Front/17 Back)

Left ALOT of shots on the course, especially on the back 9, which included 5 one pointers :roll:

Judge Smails
19th May 2004, 01:27 PM
played a match at the new Sandhurst course, won 4&2, played pretty well on the last 3/4s of the holes. I was only 4 over the card from the 7th to the 18th with the longest par putt was from about 6 feet, all teh rest were virtually tap in's.

Had a bit of a struggle early on with 2 quadruple bogeys but all in all was pretty happy with the whole game.

Drunken, 5 1's in 17, what kind of bandit handicap are you on??

Judge Smails
19th May 2004, 01:33 PM
I'll give a bit of a review once I get some free time, things are a little hectic here and lunch is over........
I can say the greens were magnificent!

goughy
19th May 2004, 06:49 PM
Judge

I know the boys here don't like heading off on golf design discussion, but hoe was Sandhurst ?

Don't worry 'bout discussing golf course design stuff. We have no issues with that sort of thing. It's just in other places we found that some people who liked discussing course design didn't like us talking about equipment. All talk is welcome. Sincerely.

We just don't want any of the personal rubbish here. Any topic can be discussed.

AndyP
19th May 2004, 09:06 PM
Played Federal GC, Canberra today. 20 points. :shock: I repeat 20 points. :oops:

It was a sing stab, and 4ball stab. I was in a group of three, and had the lowest h/cap. So I got too cracks at it. One of the guys had a 41 in the sing stab, our fourball was 42. :oops: :oops:

Form is very bad, heading to Bonnie Doon (maybe) next week.

McMw
20th May 2004, 10:12 AM
played 9 last night...
amazingly enuff, I managed to get 6 pars, (double and 2 bogeys)...considering I was hitting the ball all over the face and joint...
think I only managed to get one shot to come out as intended, and that too came up short of the target... :roll:

really great going coming into a double-header comp this weekend... :roll:

Fishman Dan
20th May 2004, 10:42 AM
19 points...of course, shot by me on a wild and windy Blue market Challenge at Ocean Shores.

I've heard the Blue markers @ Ocean Shores can be demoralising, and you get showered in goodies should you be able to match your handicap, but do you have to donate anything if you HALVE your handicap?

Note - I'm not laughing. The BMC at Ocean Shores is on my 'To Do' list.

Courty
20th May 2004, 11:12 AM
Once on the Sat morning game my mate strung together 14 par's in a row (a mean feat considering he had his head in the dunny at 5am and was on the tee at 8am.) Still has to go down as one of the most memorable rounds in my memory.

That's an awesome effort! :shock:
What about the other 4 holes? :lol:

Flowergirl
20th May 2004, 11:17 AM
Thought that yesterday was going to be "my day". Played Par. Scored as follows 0 + + + + 0 0 - + great first nine!!!! then ( hanging head in shame) - - - - - - 0 0 0 and i usually play the back nine well!!!! I was so mad with myself!!!!!!!!!! I HATE this game sometimes!!!! :? :? :?
But of course I'll be back on the weekend trying again!!!!

Golfgirl
20th May 2004, 04:31 PM
Well, I'm not sure that I understand this, but after last week's 38 points, this week I go and shoot 21 points. :shock: :? :oops:

And even more confusing, no less than 4 golf pros tell me that how I hit the ball today is a good thing....

You see, I only blocked one shot today, and nearly everything else was low and left, or a draw, or just plain old left - and this apparently is "good" and means I am "close".... :? :-s

What, like Tiger Woods' type "close"? :-k

Anyway, the highlight of my round was parring the long and difficult par 5 14th hole. Hit big high draw with driver 200m to the edge of the hazard, 5 wood over the hazard, 9 iron to about 15 feet, and 2 putts for a 4 pointer.... :D :lol: :lol: This is how golf is meant to be played... :wink:

drunken
20th May 2004, 05:30 PM
grrrrr....I'm getting really sick of having a CCR a couple of strokes under par every week. It means to lose anything off my handicap I have to shoot at least for under my current one. :evil:

McMw
20th May 2004, 05:43 PM
You see, I only blocked one shot today, and nearly everything else was low and left, or a draw, or just plain old left - and this apparently is "good" and means I am "close".... :? :-s

What, like Tiger Woods' type "close"? :-k

I think that "I'm close" catchphrase will be over-used in every sense this year...

heck...I'm using it practically every time I hit a shocker... :lol:

Jarro
20th May 2004, 06:07 PM
i can categorically say that i am "not even close" at the moment :(

AndyP
20th May 2004, 10:39 PM
Well, I'm not sure that I understand this, but after last week's 38 points, this week I go and shoot 21 points. :shock: :? :oops:

GG, take some comfort from my score. :wink: A month is a long time in golf, or a week.

McMw
21st May 2004, 12:10 AM
another 9 this evening...
nothing fancy...putted okay...in spite of missing a 2 footer on the 7th... :roll:
got round in 3 (should have been only 2) bogeys... :roll:

but something just doesn't feel "right"...and I can't seem to find out what exactly it is... :x

Golfgirl
21st May 2004, 05:53 PM
but something just doesn't feel "right"...and I can't seem to find out what exactly it is... :x

Does this mean that you are not "close"??? :lol: :lol:

Incidentally, I found out today why everyone was so delighted with my left hand misses yesterday - it means that my swing plane has finally flattened out, and I am not across the target line at the top of my backswing anymore. Now I am told that I need to work on clearing my hips faster so that I can release the clubhead down the line.... sigh, still much work ahead of me... :roll:

McMw
22nd May 2004, 09:11 AM
very very scratchy 9 last night...
shot a 40 with 2 birds on the 3s, had 2 doubles, and 3 bogeys (one after lobbing the ball into the bunker)...
hitting the ball well....just not good enuff... *ugh* :roll:

best shot....driver on the 3rd tee...carried past the bunker, past the fairway, past the rough....ended up in the drain...nice one!!! :?

Courty
22nd May 2004, 09:18 AM
I also played 9 yesterday afternoon. Was reasonably happy with the round. 1 dumb mistake though. I hit Driver/ wedge to lay up short of the lake guarding the par 5 12th green. Hit the approach fat into the drink. :evil: Took the drop, next one on, and the only 3-putt of the day for a triple. If I had made par there, I would have had 3 over for the round. Only one birdie (par 5 13th), and several tap-in pars. As Tiger would say "I'm close"... so is Xmas :roll:

Golfgirl
22nd May 2004, 11:38 AM
best shot....driver on the 3rd tee...carried past the bunker, past the fairway, past the rough....ended up in the drain...nice one!!! :?

Well... it was nearly a good shot - perhaps you are "close"? :roll: :lol:

McMw
22nd May 2004, 05:03 PM
didn't take driver today on the 3rd tee...so I hit a so-so 3wood into the middle of the fairway..how boring!!! 8)

I got 36pts today...which is such a letdown!!! :roll:

I don't know what's worse...missing all those short makable birdie putts, or blading my 2nd shot (about 60yards) on the 17th over the green into the hazard behind!!! :roll:

drove the ball well tho...hit 11 fairways, and didn't miss the other by much...tho hitting only 8 greens was a bit "up-the-ass"... :roll:

McMw
22nd May 2004, 07:36 PM
forgot to mention...jean had 44pts today, and won the individual prize...
also the ladies team (she and 3 others) came in 2nd...
so, not a bad day for her...first win, first second, 80buck vouchers, and vomit on 11 holes... :lol:

I should try and get sick tonight for my MM tomorrow... :shock:

Courty
22nd May 2004, 11:27 PM
Played an individual stableford in average weather (Come back Onewood!!!). Started well with 3 x 3 pointers in the first 4 holes but faded badly to finish with only 16 points for the first 9. Played a solid 18 points on the back 9 for a total of 34. My partner was one of the longest hitters in the club. He always has a new driver 'cos he caves the faces in quite often. His latest is a GBB II. I hit one of my best drives (around 290m including some run) and he flew it by 30m! :shock: :shock: :shock:
When we finished we found out that someone off 4 h'cap shot a 68 gross for 44 points! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Playing the first round of a knockout 4BBB matchplay with Mike tomorrow. Wish us luck! :D

Golfgirl
23rd May 2004, 10:21 AM
forgot to mention...jean had 44pts today, and won the individual prize...
also the ladies team (she and 3 others) came in 2nd...
so, not a bad day for her...first win, first second, 80buck vouchers, and vomit on 11 holes... :lol:

I should try and get sick tonight for my MM tomorrow... :shock:

Wow... go Jean... =D> \:D/

jaster
23rd May 2004, 10:37 AM
and vomit on 11 holes... :lol:

Well done Jean :smt078

Onewood
23rd May 2004, 06:14 PM
Played a 4BBB stroke yesterday nett 61 8)

I had 79 with a double on the last and only got on the card 6 times :shock: my partner off 10 shot 74 off the bat :D

BrisVegas
23rd May 2004, 08:08 PM
Played a single stab at Oxley today with choppa and another mate. Oxley was in great shape, with very slick and firm greens. Very true. No 3 putts, despite having a bunch of 5-6 foot return putts due to the speed... Beautiful to putt on nice fast greens. :) :)

Had 34 points (15 & 19) with 10 fairways, 8 GIR and 31 putts.

Highlight was a 3 iron to 6 feet on the 200m par 3, 13th. Busted a few long drives, but was a bit wayward with the wedges today... Working on a bit of a swing change, so pretty happy with how it went on the longer shots.

choppa played pretty good, I think his final score was high 80's. He hasn't got a hcap yet, so now stab score. He was smashing his 3 wood off the tee between 240 and 260 metres. :shock: His driver was misbehaving, so may be up for sale shortly.... :wink:

goughy
23rd May 2004, 08:21 PM
34 points bris, not bad. Seems things are on the improve for ya mate. :D

McMw
24th May 2004, 01:30 AM
woopsie....just realised I posted in the wrong thread....ohwell... :roll:

recap - I had a shocker!!! :lol:

Fishman Dan
24th May 2004, 09:02 AM
Another shocking day for me. Couldn't scratch together a single par in a Vs Par round.

The signs were there on the very first hole - 3 wood to the right-side of the fairway, well struck 9-iron that faded a little too much and found sand, and the worst fried egg you've ever seen. Not too worried, plenty of green to work with. I was standing knee-deep in puffy, white sand, but as it turned out the ball was sitting in about 1-2 cm's - i took earth with the bunker shot and didn't make it out - twice. And it got worse from there.

Putting was great - if i made it to the green. A number of 1-putts, and from good distances, and no 3-putts. My 'Save' of the day was a cold-topped drive, 3-wood out of crap, another to beside the green, and a chip on. Commented to 3oneday that i was about to make the dodgiest half ever seen, and drained the 15' putt for 5.

I'm in a dark horrible place at the moment with my iron play. This is my anus horribilis. :roll:

Courty
24th May 2004, 09:47 AM
Played a 4BBB Matchplay with Mike. Unfortunately, we didn't get the desired result, needing to win the last hole to force a playoff. :(
Mike tried to carry me through the first few holes until I straightened out my tee shots (first 3 in the trees), but our opposition played too well off their higher handicaps, and we were 2 down after 3 holes. We steadied and got a couple back, but stumbled again midway through the round to leave them 4 up with 6 to play. We won 13, 14, and 16, and halved 15 and 17, leaving us dormy on the 18th tee (467m par 5). Nobody had any shots, and our opposition were both short hitters, so I rated us a good chance of winning the hole. We probably would have won (I had a 12 footer for birdie) except the opposition's 4th shot hit the flagstick and stopped 12 inches from the hole. As you probably figured out, I missed the birdie putt and only halved the hole... Game Over. :evil:
In summary, it is very difficult to beat a 20 and 22 handicapper when they are making pars and bogeys all day. ](*,) :smt013

I'm hoping to play 18 with Mike again next weekend at Half Moon Bay to put a better score on the board for the Ozgolf Club Championships :roll: :twisted:

Onewood
24th May 2004, 07:08 PM
I'm hoping to play 18 with Mike again next weekend at Half Moon Bay to put a better score on the board for the Ozgolf Club Championships :roll: :twisted:

Bad luck boys :cry: :cry:

You need a good score for the Ozgolf club champs so good luck with that :D

Golfgirl
25th May 2004, 09:41 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that I know you guys will be suitably sympathetic (you'd better be :lol: :lol: ) I would be too embarrassed to post this:

I got beat at pennants 5 & 4. The worst matchplay result that I have ever had... :oops: :oops: I lost the first 6 holes before clawing back a couple, but it was too late - I ran out of holes.... :evil:

I actually hooked balls OOB on holes 2 & 3 - which I have never done in my life. Subsequently, I got on the 4th tee (150m par 3 with water all down the left side) and I produce the "anti-hook" swing. I blocked the ball so badly that 4 people couldn't find it... :oops: :shock:

My opponent says to me after the match: "you know dear, when you learn to hit it straight, you will be a really good golfer".... well, gee, thanks I think. :?

Anyway, I slunk back to Shellharbour with my tail between my legs and tell my new coach about my humiliating defeat. And he says "well, we better take a look then". 10 minutes later, I am bombing drives 215m (yes, that it the furthest I have ever hit it :D ) with a high draw, starting them out at the right hand side of the fairway and bringing them back to the dead centre..... :shock: :? :lol: And why I can't do this on the course - coach says that I am not trusting the swing changes, so I am not "releasing", I am "steering"... and the results are BAD! :evil:

I have had it with this game.... I am about as frustrated as I have ever been, because I feel like I am so close to getting it all right.... (Tiger Woods close in fact :lol: ) I feel like putting the clubs away and not touching them, but I have to play on Wednesday in a Holden Scramble.... so I guess I can't. AAAARRRRRGGGHHH!!!! ](*,) :smt013 [/b]

McMw
25th May 2004, 09:55 AM
actually hooked balls

am bombing drives 215m (yes, that it the furthest I have ever hit it :D ) with a high draw, starting them out at the right hand side of the fairway and bringing them back to the dead centre

I was told (when I started playing golf) that once the dreaded hooks come along, it actually means that your technique is getting better...you're swinging it with the proper forearm release/rotation thru the ball...

so look at it as a positive...which I'm sure the 215m bombs are!!! :D

McMw
25th May 2004, 09:58 AM
played again yesterday.... :D
and played okay actually...considering it's a Monday!!!
was hitting the ball okay, 2 bogeys to the 1 birdie by the 8th...but lost a ball on the last (dark) hole par 3...so didn't bother to play on...
pretty happy for a monday effort tho... :lol:

andylo
25th May 2004, 10:01 AM
Com'on GolfGirl, you will be fine.

I am fully understand what your new couch saying... about you are not trusting your swing.

I think you have put too much concertration on "Winning the game" instead of "getting the swing right".... then when you realise you are sitting in duck, you were too worry about how to get the swing right... which becoming nervous, not concertrate.

I am still a hacker but for my experience, instead of give yourself a goal/hope in the beginning of the game, you better just concertrate, but NOT nervous... to get your swing in shape.

Discard the result you get on each hole and other craps, just try to hit every stroke right... just like when you are in the range.

After 18 holes when you look back, you know you did a good job :)

When I play with Tezza, Jarro and Nudgee, it was what I am doing... so I hit reasonablely well "in my standard".... but when I play with my mates, who always shot higher than me, I always tend to concertrate the result and didn't concertrate my swing... and when realise I am not doing good, it's too late already :(

Concertrate each swing, don't be nervous. :)

Golfgirl
25th May 2004, 10:09 AM
actually hooked balls

am bombing drives 215m (yes, that it the furthest I have ever hit it :D ) with a high draw, starting them out at the right hand side of the fairway and bringing them back to the dead centre

I was told (when I started playing golf) that once the dreaded hooks come along, it actually means that your technique is getting better...you're swinging it with the proper forearm release/rotation thru the ball...

so look at it as a positive...which I'm sure the 215m bombs are!!! :D

Yes Mau - all the pros here are quite excited by the fact that I have managed to lose the block/weak cut and replace it with a hook for that exact reason..... :wink:

Unfortunately, the down side of being married to a pro (and a naturally athletic, coordinated SOB at that) is that he has never struggled with his game the way I do with mine, and he isn't even slightly inclined to be sympathetic about how hard this all really is for us mere mortals... :roll:

Andylo - you are right - I was not concentrating on each shot - I was getting uptight about the score because I didn't want to lose the match... I will take your advice when I am out on the course on Wednesday. Thanks! :D

andylo
25th May 2004, 10:37 AM

If it's true, then my swing is getting close to the next phase :)

Flowergirl
25th May 2004, 10:44 AM
Hang in there Golfgirl. I know exactly how you feel. I just get so frustrated with myself - almost to the point of tears ( OK guys.it's a chick thing......we tend to do this rather than chuck the clubs)

I've started having weekly lessons again and am finding the same thing as you. Hit em great........get on the course and hit em like crap!! I find this mainly with my short game.
:evil:
As I said ..........hang in there and don't put so much pressure on yourself. You've set yourself very high goals with your handicap which maybe adding to the pressure. Try to take it one shot at a time and think about where you want to hit the next shot from. And try not to get too emotional - keep cool and relaxed. 8) You know that you can do it.........just trust your swing and your ability and it will all fall into place.

I think that all this advise I'm really giving to myself.....

Good luck for your game tomorrow. I'm playing too. We'll be cool, confident ( sounds like a deodorant ad!!) and kick some seroius butt out there!!!

McMw
25th May 2004, 10:36 PM
hit some decent shots, but hit more crappy shots... :?
sank a few putts, but missed too many... :?

yeah...I'm easily pleased... :P

mike
25th May 2004, 11:26 PM
In summary, it is very difficult to beat a 20 and 22 handicapper when they are making pars and bogeys all day. ](*,) :smt013

Yep, what a frustrating day :evil: . Apart from the fact these guys had the hackiest swings imaginable, we just didn't take our opportunities when we had them beat , and then when we had them beat they pulled out the miracle shots.

Rob's curling 12 foot putt to halve us on 11 was hard to take .As was Merv's 24 foot down hill putt to win 12.And then Rob nearly holed out from 40 metres with his 4th on the par 5 18th after bouncing off trees and taking foot deep divots all the way up the fairway. Oh the pain. :(

Courty played well most of the day. Thanks for keeping us in the game Courty.

I played crap. :evil:

AndyP
26th May 2004, 01:14 AM
I am going with the "Cut the crap...what did you shoot?" line of reporting here.

Played at Bonnie Doon, shot 94. Improvement on the last round I played...just. Struggled with putting on those greens all round.

drunken
26th May 2004, 12:10 PM
36 points this morning in fairly consistent rain. And I left at least 6 strokes out there too :roll:

Sun came out as I was walking up the 18th so the afternoon guys will probably shoot the lights out :(

Golfgirl
27th May 2004, 03:46 PM
It has been a big 48 hours....

I capped off a win in the holden scramble yesterday with a Runner Up finish in the 4BBB Stableford today. 8)

I won two NTP's and hit the ball remarkably well given that I was very tired and very cold... The weather here today was incredibly cold - 3 layers and I still was shivering for most of the day. :?

drunken
28th May 2004, 01:09 PM
Wasn't hittinh the ball too well this morning and somehow ended up with 40 points (which included three 1's & a wipe).

Should pick up a NTP as well, 136cm 8)

goughy
29th May 2004, 07:00 PM
Well, what an interesting day I had today in the windy city. Very difficult conditions with the wind today. Played pretty good for a change. Hti 53% fairways, but only 5 gir. It was a stableford today, and what a stupid looking card I had. My points read;

2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 4 for a total of 38pts. Not bad.

3 of the 1 pointers were for bogeys. the 4 pointer was the kind of hole that makes you come back again. 406mtr par 4; driver then 9iron to 2 feet :shock: SWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT

Anyway, about an hour after I get home I get a call from the club. Mine's the lowest score with only 6 people left on the course, and he didn't think any of them was gonna beat it. Do I want to come down for presentations? :shock: :shock: :shock:

All I can say is if I won I'm in shock. Even on a tough day I can't believe that 38pts would win. Anyway, I should find out tomorrow.

terryand
29th May 2004, 07:12 PM
Well done Goughy :smt023

Terry.

Trung
29th May 2004, 07:26 PM
Could be bye bye bye to single hcp after tomorrow's game.

Had 34 points today so will get .1 back. Computer HCP is 9.4 now, tomorrow is my Redemption Day. Either crack under pressure or charge to victory.

I'm going to watch TROY tonight for some new motivation :roll:

Golfgirl
29th May 2004, 07:30 PM

Brad is BUFF!!! :wink: :lol:

AndyP
30th May 2004, 08:20 AM
Well done, goughy. Looks like those days of cruising along with a h/cap of 13 are over.

Jarro
30th May 2004, 09:53 AM
Could be bye bye bye to single hcp after tomorrow's game.

Had 34 points today so will get .1 back. Computer HCP is 9.4 now, tomorrow is my Redemption Day. Either crack under pressure or charge to victory.

good luck mate :smt047

McMw
30th May 2004, 11:17 AM
beat the kid by 2 yesterday....but he missed a lot of putts yesterday, so I felt like I got out of jail...
my form sux!!! :?

Trung
30th May 2004, 05:59 PM
Wiped the last 3 holes for -4 (Par Event) :oops:

The pressure got to me :oops:

AndyP
30th May 2004, 06:19 PM

So no longer off single figures, Trung?

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:22 PM

Bad luck mate :(

Trung
30th May 2004, 06:33 PM
Will play of 10 for the first time ever next week. :twisted:

I will be back :D :wink:

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:48 PM
Good attitude mate :) I don't doubt it at all :)

Golfgirl
30th May 2004, 07:43 PM

I'm sure that you'll be back in single figures in no time, Trung. :wink:

Forget this game - the next one is yours.... :D

Courty
30th May 2004, 08:47 PM
Played a non-competitive round behind a closed tournament field yesterday (still off the back-markers, though)and kept to 11. A couple of bad holes to start off, but I wrote them off to a lack of warm-up. Once I got going though, I started making some nice shots. Only one birdie on the 11th (151m water carry par 3) and just missed a few others.

I feel that after the swing changes I've made I am striking the ball with more consistency and better control. I just haven't translated that into better scores yet. :roll:

I have this week off before I start my new job so I'm hoping to play a couple more rounds... :twisted:

McMw
30th May 2004, 09:30 PM
I was hitting the ball all over the face today...
but somehow managed to shoot 1 better than yesterday... :? :roll:
and this with 33putts... :oops:

playing again tomorrow morning (private comp) and hopefully can play decent, so that I can try and keep all three scores (days) to a respectable mark... 8)

mike
30th May 2004, 11:33 PM
Played 1st round of the club matchplay this morning. Went down 2/1. Was 4 down with 5 to play then won 3 in a row to get to 1 down with 2 to go. We both parred 17 but he had a shot on me that hole. I played good but was beaten by a better player on the day. He had 10 putts in his last 8 holes. :shock: Can't compete with that.
I missed 4 putts under 3 ft. :evil:
Gonna take my putter and stick it in the garden and plan to grow a tomato vine up it.

McMw
31st May 2004, 11:45 PM
good weekend for me... :lol:
Sat/Sun/Mon - 77/76/72
Went out the first 11 holes (back nine first) in pars...
that's the first time I got all 9 pars (I've gone pars and birdies before - but 9 pars straight is special!)

if only I could putt!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

990B Luva
1st June 2004, 05:57 PM
SHOCKING is all that describes it 4 me

Jono
2nd June 2004, 07:26 AM
Played in the Ocean Shores Trainee day Pro-Am on Monday. Me and three trainees in the group. (3 aspiring golf pros and a golf nut ... :lol: ) Allan Burge (Brookwater), Adam (Coffs), Russell (Wynum). Good chance for me to learn from these budding pros. I was a bit worried that they might get a bit too serious about the golf, but they were joking around and it felt like an easy social game.

Allan is about 6'2" and he has a great long game. One of the easiest looking swings I've seen but he creates tons of leverage to get the ball out there. I estimated his drives to be 285 to 300 METERS (not yards). One par 5, which was a sharp dogleg right, he hit his drive over the trees into a creek that runs across the fairway. Dropped his ball infront of the creek and proceeded to hit a 5 iron 200 meters to about 12 feet from the hole. Narrowly missed his birdie and tapped in for par. Hmmm ... golf seems so easy when you have length.

Adam and Russell are good ball strikers as well but not as long as Allan. They were consistently 20 meters behind him off the tee. Adam wasn't putting very well and Russell his a couple of stray shots ... both ended up with 79.

I played a few nice shots but was too busy watching these guys play. It's a bit off putting when everyone in your group tees off the blues then you walk some 30 meters to the white tees ... :oops: With 3 holes to go, I was aiming for 30 points but missed out. :oops: :oops:

The course was in great condition. The greens were quick and true and the fairways were in top shape as well. Greens are large with tricky undulations. If you are around this area, I highly recommend playing this course. All in all, it was a fun day with a bunch of nice guys who had plenty of game. BTW, Allan came in equal first (with two other guys) on 72.

Judge Smails
2nd June 2004, 08:22 AM
Geez you blokes do yhings strange interstate (from Victoria) every time I have played a pro am, Trainee or Proffessional, we always tee off the same markers. I can understand why you felt a bit stupid, I would have hated having to do that!

Jarro
2nd June 2004, 12:25 PM
had a good day at Caboolture G.C today :D

had an 80(38/42) off the stick. drove the ball OK but my putting was on fire :shock: couldn't miss with the flat stick today 8)

Golfgirl
2nd June 2004, 09:43 PM
Well... ducked out to the course this morning for a quick nine holes with Matt...

Drove it to 30m from the green on the 10th hole (played the back nine), and made an easy par (3 pointer)... on the 14th (Par 5), I played driver, 5 wood, gap wedge to 10 feet, then proceeded to 3 putt but still had a 3 pointer... was playing really well.... :D 8)

Then on the 15th hole I say to Matt "You are on wood, buddy - 4 down with 4 to play", so Matt says to me on the tee "Set your weight more on your r/h side"....

And I proceeded to lose the next 4 holes and square the match.... :roll: :oops:

Great psych out by Matt..... :evil:

jaster
2nd June 2004, 10:08 PM
Played in the Ocean Shores Trainee day Pro-Am on Monday. Me and three trainees in the group. (3 aspiring golf pros and a golf nut ... :lol: ) Allan Burge (Brookwater), Adam (Coffs), Russell (Wynum). Good chance for me to learn from these budding pros. I was a bit worried that they might get a bit too serious about the golf, but they were joking around and it felt like an easy social game.

Allan is about 6'2" and he has a great long game. One of the easiest looking swings I've seen but he creates tons of leverage to get the ball out there. I estimated his drives to be 285 to 300 METERS (not yards). One par 5, which was a sharp dogleg right, he hit his drive over the trees into a creek that runs across the fairway. Dropped his ball infront of the creek and proceeded to hit a 5 iron 200 meters to about 12 feet from the hole. Narrowly missed his birdie and tapped in for par. Hmmm ... golf seems so easy when you have length.

Adam and Russell are good ball strikers as well but not as long as Allan. They were consistently 20 meters behind him off the tee. Adam wasn't putting very well and Russell his a couple of stray shots ... both ended up with 79.

I played a few nice shots but was too busy watching these guys play. It's a bit off putting when everyone in your group tees off the blues then you walk some 30 meters to the white tees ... :oops: With 3 holes to go, I was aiming for 30 points but missed out. :oops: :oops:

The course was in great condition. The greens were quick and true and the fairways were in top shape as well. Greens are large with tricky undulations. If you are around this area, I highly recommend playing this course. All in all, it was a fun day with a bunch of nice guys who had plenty of game. BTW, Allan came in equal first (with two other guys) on 72.

Thanks for the report mate!! Sounded sweet :)

McMw
2nd June 2004, 11:28 PM
no play for me today, but spent about 90 mins at the practice green chipping/lobbing...

Jarro, sounds like I need that Scotty!!! :wink:

jaster
2nd June 2004, 11:32 PM
no play for me today, but spent about 90 mins at the practice green chipping/lobbing...

Jarro, sounds like I need that Scotty!!! :wink:

I should be in bed but I have to comment...HOLY **** :shock: You practiced your short game and you are going to buy a scotty...man oh man oh man things are getting weird :shock: :wink:

McMw
2nd June 2004, 11:35 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

well, if I wasn't gonna play, I might as well be at the club and try to do something constructive!!! :wink:

Afterall, I have a chocka block schedule next 4 sundays!!!

This Sunday, MM and last chance to post a decent score to get me higher up the Club Champs ladder...

Next Sunday, Comp
Following Sunday, Comp

then first weekend July - Fri/Sat/Sun - CLUB OPEN!!!

Scotty will have to wait tho...
I'm gonna wait and see what the price is for the Red X... :lol:

AndyP
3rd June 2004, 08:03 AM
Then on the 15th hole I say to Matt "You are on wood, buddy - 4 down with 4 to play", so Matt says to me on the tee "Set your weight more on your r/h side"....

And I proceeded to lose the next 4 holes and square the match.... :roll: :oops:

Great psych out by Matt..... :evil:
:lol:
But was he right :?:

Courty
3rd June 2004, 08:09 AM
Played in the comp yesterday afternoon (Ind. Stroke). Had 80 (40/40) for a nett 68. Had one birdie which made up for the single double bogey. That's the third time in 4 weeks that I've birdied the same hole (151m par 3 11th). Was absolutely crunching the driver all day. Just about every par 4 I was inside 100m to the green.
All I got was a ball in the rundown. Winner had nett 64, followed by 3 on 66, then me and another on 68 :shock:

drunken
3rd June 2004, 09:50 AM
played absolute %^&$ yesterday, worst I have hit the ball since who knows when :(

AndyP
3rd June 2004, 11:02 AM
played absolute %^&$ yesterday, worst I have hit the ball since who knows when :(

And now you can't hide your score. You must have hit it bad. :shock:

drunken
3rd June 2004, 11:16 AM
haha yeah I know, I thought gee what a great time to put my Golflink number up :D

Normally I get a few parts of my game right each round eg. Driving, long irons, short irons, chipping, putting.

Yesterday I couldn't do ANYTHING right :evil:

Courty
3rd June 2004, 04:43 PM
Played another 18 this afternoon. Should have stayed at home. I played with my ex-boss, but he decided to bring his 4 y.o. brat. Pretty much every time I took a swing he started talking or yelling or running around right at the top of my backswing. He kept lying on the green between my ball and the hole. Not ideal for concentration. Now that I think about it, the ex-boss probably trained him to do those things. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Flowergirl
4th June 2004, 08:52 AM
Played another 18 this afternoon. Should have stayed at home. I played with my ex-boss, but he decided to bring his 4 y.o. brat. Pretty much every time I took a swing he started talking or yelling or running around right at the top of my backswing. He kept lying on the green between my ball and the hole. Not ideal for concentration. Now that I think about it, the ex-boss probably trained him to do those things. :evil: :evil: :evil:

That is soooo crazy. Who would take a 4 y.o. onto a golf course. Dangerous for a start........seeing he wasn't properly surpervised. :? Must have been boring for him and a bloody nuisance to evrybody else.

Nope........I'm not a fan of kids on the golf course at all.

I have a friend who I play with often and she brings her dog. Never on a lead. The dog sits to the side when anyone takes a swing and doesn't move off until she is told she can. She never goes onto the green - she just lies on the edge with the tips of her paws just off. Doesn't go into bunkers. She will occasionally give a polite little bark when you do a good shot. Alice is the nicest golf companion you could ask for. :D

Fishman Dan
4th June 2004, 09:05 AM
The 4 y.o. on a golf course is irresponsible, but i'm guessing the wife of the owner had to take the kid from her - i don't think she cared if he was playing golf ;)

But it's a stupid thing, could easily get hurt running around like a ... well, 4 y.o.

Courty
4th June 2004, 09:13 AM
I don't think taking a youngster on the course is necessarily irresponsible (look at Mitchell, Onewood's young fella) but I do concur that they need to be kept under control. I certainly expressed my feelings after the round, and let him know I would not be playing with him again if the child comes along and behaves that way. :evil:

Judge Smails
4th June 2004, 09:54 AM
Both my kids have been coming to golf with me since they were 4 or even younger. They love it, they are quiet, polite and know the rules. They ask before they play a shot or have a putt and never complain if they are told to hurry up. I have had my kids with me and after the round my playing partners have told me they couldnt believe how well behaved they were.
it's not the kids fault, it's the ex boss for not letting them know what is and isnt allowed.

Fishman Dan
4th June 2004, 10:16 AM
it's not the kids fault...

Of course not.. we were 4 y.o.'s once..... :roll:

990B Luva
4th June 2004, 01:15 PM
Jono was Russells' surname Smith because if it was he left Jindalee to go to Wynnum to continue his traineeship, and he hits the ball LONG

Onewood
5th June 2004, 05:58 PM
How do you explain this game :?

81 - 7 = 74

28 putt's good
12 Fairway's good
greens in reg 6 = bloody game :D

goughy
5th June 2004, 06:37 PM
Can't help you there kev. I had 31 putts today, 7/15 fairways and only 6 greens for my 81 today as well.

I have now reached my lowest hc ever. Now at 11.2 Yipee.

I've dropped 1.9 points off my hc in the last 8 days. :smt035

In no small part I've gotta thank my man jaster. At our practice sessions I think he spends more time working on my swing than his own. To those he gave some hints too at the launch monitor session I suggest taking note. He knows his business.

Did I say YIPEE (I know there's no need to shout)

Eag's
5th June 2004, 06:39 PM
Played monthly medal today.
Tees were way back and it was bloody windy :shock:
Started Triple, Double :smt022 then smacked myself around the head a bit and got it together.
Drove the ball well and my short game was solid, but once again my iron play was terrible :smt013

Shot 83 Net 66
28 Putts
Hit 4 greens
11/14 fairways

Now off 16 :)

Onewood
5th June 2004, 06:41 PM
Can't help you there kev. I had 31 putts today, 7/15 fairways and only 6 greens for my 81 today as well.

I have now reached my lowest hc ever. Now at 11.2 Yipee.

I've dropped 1.9 points off my hc in the last 8 days. :smt035

In no small part I've gotta thank my man jaster. At our practice sessions I think he spends more time working on my swing than his own. To those he gave some hints too at the launch monitor session I suggest taking note. He knows his business.

Did I say YIPEE (I know there's no need to shout)

Well done Goughy 8) good to see some results for your effort's :smt038

Eag's
5th June 2004, 06:43 PM
Nice scoring goughy :smt023 keep it going mate :D
Yep jaster knows his stuff all right.

goughy
5th June 2004, 07:09 PM
Thanks guy's. I see you weren't too keen to stay on 18 eag's. Been doing some nice work since joining the club. It's obviously doing great things for your game. 8)

nick
5th June 2004, 07:11 PM
Monthly medal today, had an 82! I had two doubles and a triple cause I can't hit out of trees, I cant keep it low enought, need more practice at it.

Still could of shot around 75 but I missed short birdie putts on 12, 13, 14 and 15! Still, hit two par 5's in two (510 metres and 480 metres) so I was hitting it OK, just need to tighten up my game!

Nick

Courty
5th June 2004, 09:43 PM
Monthly Medal today. had 84 (Nett 73) Sounds OK, but look at the stats:

Fairways: 5/14 (I'm not too concerned, 'cos the fairways are profiled for the Von Nida and are way more narrow than normal. If we played on the regular fairways, it would have been about 11/14)
GIR: 4/18 (tragic, I wasn't hitting the irons that bad, but just wasn't accurate enough)
Putts: 31 (not unhappy with this either, no 3 putts, but should have made a couple more 1 putts)

Club Champs start next week. Can't wait.

AndyP
5th June 2004, 11:00 PM
Played the first matchplay round of the Charlton Cup, against a guy off 16. Drove terribly, including some shots off the heel, and topping some. Also did nothing impressive from with the irons. Some of my around the green work probaby saved me.

Never fell behind all round, but whenever I got one up, I would lose the next hole. Finished 2 up after winning the last two holes. :D Lucky escape, I doubt either of us played to our handicaps.

Next up I play a guy off 14.

Matchplay is a completely different type of golf. :shock:

Todays Round:
4/12 fairways.
3/18 GIR.
32 putts. (one chip-in makes it look more impressive)
85 (+17).

terryand
5th June 2004, 11:09 PM
Well done Andy =D>

Terry.

McMw
5th June 2004, 11:33 PM
WoW...some great shooting from you lots... :shock: 8)

I played off the back (and back is really back)...
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea coz holes 1-4 and 10-13 were straight into the wind... :roll:

Anyway...another low hooker on the first - almost went oobs...
obviously I should have been happy and get out with a par or bogey at worst...I then put my 2nd into the hazard... :roll:

Anyway, double - bogey start, then played the next 7 holes -1

Then the fun begins... 8)
OOBs on the 10th, (found my ball and 3 others) - TRIPLE BOGEY!!!
Bird on 11 and 12,
Bogey on 13, 14 and 15,
Bull S@#t par on 16,
Double on 17,
Bird on 18.

Gotta be happy with the double on 17... :roll:
hit a decent tee shot into the light ruff, left the 2nd shot short into the bunker (bogey at worst) - bladed the shot into the drink behind - dropped back in the bunker for a fried egg, somehow up and down!!!)

27putts... :shock:
5 fairways hit... :roll:
7 Girs... :roll:
77 (really lucky to break 80)... :shock: :?

BrisVegas
5th June 2004, 11:38 PM
Played absolute crap today. No excuses, just plain old crap.

10/14 fairways
5 GIR :shock:
35 putts (4 x 3-putts)

90..... Silver lining was that I got up and down from four greenside bunkers! Shows you how wild my iron shots were today. Ahh well, there's always next time. :roll:

Jono
6th June 2004, 06:33 AM
Jono was Russells' surname Smith because if it was he left Jindalee to go to Wynnum to continue his traineeship, and he hits the ball LONG

I didn't get the surname, but he said that he only started in Wynum 2 weeks ago ... so it's probably the same Russell. Tall fella, a bit on the chubby side. Smiles a lot ... when I met him on the tee, his introduction was "how are ya, champ? I'm Russell" :D

Russell was long, but Allan was good 10 to 20 meters longer. Adam was about 10 meters behind Russell.

Golfgirl
6th June 2004, 10:36 AM
How's my form.... well, just terrible really.... :(

Played Monthly Medal on Thursday and had 11 over my handicap ( :shock: ) and still came Runner Up.... not pretty, and very embarassing to be accepting prizes for it still.... :? :roll:

Played 18 holes socially on Friday - once again, about 10 shots over my handicap.... can't seem to get around the course.... :evil:

I played with Matt and another golf pro - who both told me the same thing.... my good shots are very good, and my bad shots are not bad, but becauseI am hitting the ball further, it is easier to find trouble.... I've been told to learn to hit it straight... well, duh! I was trying to do that in the first place.... :evil:

amanda
6th June 2004, 08:01 PM
A breakthrough weekend for me - Monthly Medal & first round of Club Champs.

I won:
* the monthly medal - 99/71 (par 73 course) - we only have 1 grade as there aren't many female members
* long drive competition for my division (20 to 30 h/caps)
* NTP hole (0-29 h/caps)

I went out in 54 (+18) and came home in 45 (9+) - first time I've broken 100 in a stroke round! I even had a 10 8O on a par 5 - 2 penalties into trees and a whole load of other bad shots!

When I broke my handicap I started at 27.1, blew out to 27.9 - I think I'll be back to 27.1 again!

2 more rounds to go - I'm feeling very happy :D

Jarro
6th June 2004, 08:20 PM
great going Amanda :D =D>

Onewood
6th June 2004, 08:49 PM
A breakthrough weekend for me - Monthly Medal & first round of Club Champs.

I won:
* the monthly medal - 99/71 (par 73 course) - we only have 1 grade as there aren't many female members
* long drive competition for my division (20 to 30 h/caps)
* NTP hole (0-29 h/caps)

I went out in 54 (+18) and came home in 45 (9+) - first time I've broken 100 in a stroke round! I even had a 10 8O on a par 5 - 2 penalties into trees and a whole load of other bad shots!

When I broke my handicap I started at 27.1, blew out to 27.9 - I think I'll be back to 27.1 again!

2 more rounds to go - I'm feeling very happy :D

Congrats on all the win's amanda 8) you will break 100 on a regular basis now :D

by the way "you should be feeling happy" great day and good luck in the weeks to come 8)

McMw
6th June 2004, 10:38 PM
Nice Work Amanda!!! :D

Played June MM this afternoon - what a waste of a beautiful afternoon!!!
You would think after hitting a good drive down the 10th (my 1st), and stiffing the 6 iron in from 150yards out into a stiff head wind, a birdie would be a formality... :roll: :roll: :roll:

The 15th did me in (damn rescue club got me into a crap lie on the fairway) after second-guessing myself on the tee...

Just played CRAP!!! It's a wonder how I broke 80... :roll: :roll: :roll:

amanda
7th June 2004, 08:09 AM
Thanks guys! I've been having the heebie jeebies on par 3s over water for a while now and had a session using "energy psychology" to help overcome it - it worked!

Works with putting yips as well.

I think I had at least 5 3-putts as well - so 90 here I come!

Fishman Dan
7th June 2004, 08:55 AM
Social round with the wife - had 2 mates with cards to mark who pulled out. Nice.

Started well enough, hit the fairway on the first and put together 2 pts. Par'd the next 2 holes to go 2 up, and then squared the next. Downhill from there. Had some moments with the driver, but the well documented troubles since pretty much New Year continued. I had 4 or 5 long putts catch the corner of the hole or miss by inches, but that's golf. Anita was pretty stoked, with only a couple of 4-putts, but more importantly a number of 2-putts including regularly sinking 6-8' putts.

I just realised it's June and i'm still playing crap.

Golfgirl
8th June 2004, 09:43 AM
No idea what is going on with my golf....

Lost my third straight pennant match yesterday, 1 down, and never hit a ball in the air all day.... really embarassing to be scratching to take the match to the 18th hole without having got a ball airborne..... :? :oops:

Tried to get myself kicked off the pennant team - but we are so desperate for players that they told me "too bad - you'll just have to keep trying".... not the answer I was after.... I just want to retire the clubs to the closet and have a sabbatical.... :oops:

Lost the match on the last hole by trying to play a shot from the margin of a hazard because I didn't want to take the penalty.... couldn't play the shot I had in mind, and threw away what had been a very close match.... :oops: I am an idiot.... :(

AndyP
8th June 2004, 11:31 AM
Congrats on your successful round, Amanda. :D

Flowergirl
8th June 2004, 01:32 PM
Golfgirl
Stop being so hard on yourself!!!
Next week you'll kick butt.......I know u can do it girl!!! :lol:
( and take the penalty next time!!!)

Golfgirl
8th June 2004, 07:33 PM
Golfgirl
Stop being so hard on yourself!!!
Next week you'll kick butt.......I know u can do it girl!!! :lol:
( and take the penalty next time!!!)

Thanks 8) - and I will take the penalty next time.... think I learnt my lesson.... :? :lol: :lol:

drunken
9th June 2004, 12:05 PM
played my third schocker in a row. -6 in a Par comp :shock:

Think I figured out my problem towards the end though, I'm bending my back too much, rather then bending my knees and keeping my back straight.

Fishman Dan
9th June 2004, 12:38 PM
played my third schocker in a row. -6 in a Par comp :shock:

I'd hate to play 'Par' at Ballina - i am yet to conquer that course despite a brave attempt last Boxing Day. I consider it one of those courses that can put the boot in when you're down..

drunken
9th June 2004, 02:13 PM
yeah it can punish you if you're playing badly.

But in reality it is an easy course, as the ACR of 69 (Par 72) shows.

Flowergirl
10th June 2004, 08:57 AM
Well I just don't know what has gone wrong with my game. I haven't played well for months and I am getting VERY frustrated - although to my credit I kept my cool and even laughed at my stupid shots yesterday ( it was either that or cry!!!)
I think that what happens when you are relatively new to the game and playing off a high handicap - you have a few really good games and think "that's it!!! I CAN play this game" When in reality the good games (when u break your handicap) are just flukes and the "shockers" are a fairer indication of your ability.
What does anyone else think? :?: :?: :?:

Fishman Dan
10th June 2004, 09:14 AM
Ok, so that's me, AP, Wavey, FG... who else thinks this game is just getting too hard now ;)

Keep at it - it will come back. I checked my GolfLink the other day - last i played to my handicap (in comp) was January :oops: Just keep having fun out there.

McMw
10th June 2004, 10:52 AM
I have no form this week, coz I haven't played!!! :(

BUT...been putting in time at the chipping/putting green everyday!!!
Ave 2 hours every evening - till the mozzies comes to tell me to bugger off!!! :)
And looks like another 2 hrs today - damn this rain...

I wonder if I know how to swing a golf club now... 8)

andylo
10th June 2004, 11:47 AM
Aii... crap...

The swing change bite me back again.

Yesterday I felt like I can only hit off the grass but I was unable to hit off the carpet (which is strange... isn't hitting off the carpet suppose to be easier??)

But the range I went don't provide a grass tee.... trying to hit one off the grass illegaly and everyone just watching me so I step back!

WHATEVER! :evil:

Iain
10th June 2004, 01:43 PM
Ok, so that's me, AP, Wavey, FG... who else thinks this game is just getting too hard now ;)

Keep at it - it will come back. I checked my GolfLink the other day - last i played to my handicap (in comp) was January :oops: Just keep having fun out there.
Count me in there too fishy, I dodn't think I have played to my HCP since Jan, but I can feel it getting better, and my short game is improving so here's hoping it won't be long!

I played nine holes this morning, shot 41 with at least 2 wasted shots so I am quite happy with that!

Iain

Golfgirl
10th June 2004, 03:03 PM

hmmm... this got me thinking... and I took a look at my handicap record.

Since moving to Shellharbour, I have only played 1 game to my handicap, on 13/5, the other 7 individual games recorded (they play too many stupid "team" events here :evil: ) show that I should be playing off a handicap nearly 10 shots more than the one I've got... :shock:

And yet, I have been hitting some of the best golf shots I have ever hit.... I think maybe my course management needs some work... :oops: :-k