PDA

View Full Version : Body Corp question

andylo
24th January 2005, 10:36 AM
Hi all,

I am assuming Body Corp is the largest or probably the only organisation to assign managers to different townhouses and properties need to be managed.

I am living in one of the town house site that managed by Body Corp, at least the mail box out there suggest it is.

We have a pair of new manager... as usual they are couple (husbane and wife). We had some easy going or tough manager before thru out these 7 years but this pair is a TOTAL disaster!!!

This morning I asked for a copy of my rental agreement due to losting it and they refused me with very harsh word like "this is legal document and you should take care of it yourself. If you lost it, its your problem not mine"

They also complainted a few thing NONE of the pervious manager would complaint and will make me spend money just to fix those problem wasn't exist before they come.

Example, I have 2 window air-conds installed in 2 bedrooms and as usual water will dip out of the thingy. And it's been more than 4 years already and no one complaint. When came and they say it will make termite to come and need to fix it ASAP or else will make me pay of it?!

Bloody hell its not even sounds scientify to me!!

They also did a series of things that just suit their own convinence without consider other people and they are SO bloody lazy and I believe they should already piss a few ppl here off!

ANYWAY, Get to the question!! I can't find BodyCorp website and I would like to find a channel to complaint these managers. Any idea people??

CobraSS
24th January 2005, 10:59 AM
www.rta.qld.gov.au

start there, might help :?

AndyP
24th January 2005, 01:12 PM
Maybe you should discuss some of this with your fellow residents, to see if they are experiencing similar problems.
Many voices are better than one.

Fishman Dan
24th January 2005, 01:30 PM
Andy - get everything in writing.

If they want to play hardball, play along. Make them put everything in writing, and then if required you can get any rental/legal assistance about their requirements. You can't do that with any "he said/she said" arguments.

Any time they stop you and ask for anything, simply give them your e-mail address and request they put it in writing. You might even find that they will be too lazy to follow anything up if you are going to play their game.

Choppa
24th January 2005, 01:51 PM
andy,

First things first, body corp is not the name of a company so you will never find it. It simply refers to the "group" of people that make the decisions in your complex. This group will consist of a body corporate management representitive, and a number of owners. The owners are the only ones who make decisions around the place however under the guidance of the management company (not to be confused with the on site managers.
The name of the body corporate management company is what you want to find out. On site managers simply run the day to day operations, however if you have a problem this first port of call should be to the body corporate managers.
There are a lot of companys that perform this role, so I can't give you any more than that I'm afraid.

Good lucky.