PDA

View Full Version : Shaft for Hybrid's

Fishman Dan
24th January 2005, 09:08 AM
Gang, quick question. As you may have read i'm picking up The Doc's shaftless 22* SnakeEyes hybrid to replace the absent 3-iron from my kit, but i want to know what shaft options i should seriously consider.

* Some of you have mentioned simply putting in a Dynamic Gold shaft, similar/same as a standard 3-iron.

* Played with Pete last week, he loaned me his Nakashima which had an Irod hybrid graphite shaft.

Perhaps there are other options out there. Note - i don't want to know *every* shaft on the market, just those which will suit this 22*, which is essentially going to be my 3-iron. Other options may work for a lower-loft which might come into play later to replace my 5w.

terryand
24th January 2005, 09:14 AM
Fishy, Get it made up as close to your iron spec's as possible.Thats if your irons are steel.

Cause that way it will be more consistent length wise.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
24th January 2005, 09:17 AM
Fishy, Get it made up as close to your iron spec's as possible.Thats if your irons are steel.

Cause that way it will be more consistent length wise.

Terry.

I've got Cushin ZZ-65's in my Ping's. Are these easily obtainable?

Ben?? Where art thou?

McMw
24th January 2005, 09:39 AM
dynamic gold or rifle will do....

getting ping shafts will be exp...

3oneday
24th January 2005, 09:47 AM
Fishy,

Ping are famous for making light, stiff shafts, so unlikely a DG will cut the mustard. I have a reg TX90 in my Synchron hybrid, I personally feel this would be the ideal for you, in reg.

Pete

gazgolf1
24th January 2005, 09:55 AM
Fishy,
How did the Irod feel to you....they are rumoured to be a great shaft for fairway woods. 8)

McMw
24th January 2005, 10:00 AM
lite shafts tends to flex more...and if the hybrid is already considered to be a hooking machine (or was that just for the RM), then I (personally) wouldn't want a flex tat's gonna assist it even more...

Jarro
24th January 2005, 11:11 AM
i know Ben will suggest the Irod. They've been getting great wraps from everyone that's tried them .... so if it was me i'd give it a go.

Wouldn't recommend the TX-90 though. Even in reg flex, it's a very stout shaft.

Fishman Dan
24th January 2005, 11:23 AM
Fishy,
How did the Irod feel to you....they are rumoured to be a great shaft for fairway woods. 8)

Gaz, to be honest I don't know how to answer this - best ask 3Oneday. I didn't really hit the Nak well on the day, but I don't have anything to compare it with either. I reckon i would have hit a Ping I3 Blade 3-iron better, put it that way ;)

Being the first Hybrid that i've swung in anger, all i can say is that i don't believe the hype just yet ;)

Jarro
24th January 2005, 11:27 AM
first new Ping irons, now a new Hybrid club ....

.. what's next Fishy :?: new driver :wink:

gazgolf1
24th January 2005, 11:29 AM
Fishy,

Gaz, to be honest I don't know how to answer this - best ask 3Oneday. I didn't really hit the Nak well on the day, but I don't have anything to compare it with either. I reckon i would have hit a Ping I3 Blade 3-iron better, put it that way ;)

Being the first Hybrid that i've swung in anger, all i can say is that i don't believe the hype just yet ;)

I know what you mean....I had a Mid Rescue with admittedly the wrong shaft for me in it and hated it :?
I hit my woods better that my irons so that might be the reason but a lot of people swear by the hybrids so buggered if I know. :wink:

Fishman Dan
24th January 2005, 11:33 AM
first new Ping irons, now a new Hybrid club ....

.. what's next Fishy :?: new driver :wink:

I figure if i hang around long enough i'm sure to cash in on several ex-Jarro pieces of hardware :?

I need to fill the 3-iron gap, but i'm also looking to replace the 5-wood which i'm hitting terribly. Even when i hit it well i'm only hitting 2 of every 3 swipes remotely well.

I had a 'budget' to replace clubs that was approved by the CFO, seeing as though i only spent 1/2 of it to get where i am now, i figure i'm still good for a purchase or two before my bag is 'set' again for the next 36 months (shafts excluded ;))

AndyP
24th January 2005, 11:47 AM
I had a 'budget' to replace clubs that was approved by the CFO, seeing as though i only spent 1/2 of it to get where i am now, i figure i'm still good for a purchase or two before my bag is 'set' again for the next 36 months (shafts excluded ;))
Is that a loophole in your agreement? ;)

Fishman Dan
24th January 2005, 11:50 AM
Is that a loophole in your agreement? ;)

There's no 'agreement' as such, my wife doesn't think there's too much wrong with the shaft i've got at the moment.

Aw c'mon, i'm being serious! She doesn't understand the finer art of golf equipment!