PDA

View Full Version : NRL Wall of Shame

Pages : [1] 2

poidda
11th August 2009, 09:02 AM
It's so amusing just how stupid the thugby league players are, this needs it's own thread.

With a helping hand from wiki, here's a start.

1. Todd Carney was alleged to have urinated on a man at a Canberra nightclub.

2. Police charged Cronulla player Greg Bird with assaulting his girlfriend, Katie Milligan. Bird allegedly smashed a glass into her face, fracturing her eye socket.

3. Brisbane Broncos' players, Sam Thaiday, Darius Boyd and Karmichael Hunt are named by a 24-year-old woman in a sexual assault complaint made to police, though after an extensive investigation no charges were laid.

4. Sonny Bill Williams breaks his contract with the Bulldogs to play rugby union in France. He was later voted "most hated person in Australia" by a poll.

5. Canberra Raiders star Todd Carney went on a rampage in Goulburn, damaging property, jumping on a car bonnet and damaging the entrance to a Fone Zone store. He received a 12-month suspended jail sentence, was ordered to undertake alcohol counselling, and was banned from the local Government area for 12 months.

6. Anthony Watmough was accused by a Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles sponsor of punching him and harassing his daughter in a derogatory manner at a season launch party.

7. Brett Stewart was charged with sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl in the stairwell of an apartment block after a club function. A magistrate issued an apprehended violence order (AVO) against Stewart.

8. Anthony Cherrington sent to anger management counselling after violently assaulting his girlfriend.

9. Cronulla Sharks Greg Bird was convicted of recklessly wounding his girlfriend, and was later sentenced to 16 months jail with a minimum of eight months.

10. Jake Friend was charged with drink driving after being caught by police in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs.

11. Trevor Thurling of Canberra Raiders charged with drink driving after being involved in a motor vehicle accident in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs on April 9.

12. Willie Mason was fined $2,000 by Sydney Roosters after being photographed urinating in a public place.

13. Cronulla Sharks player Reni Maitua returned a positive drug sample for clenbuterol.

14. Cronulla Sharks captain Paul Gallen was fined $10,000 for using a racial slur against Tongan St George Illawarra forward Mickey Paea.[117] Gallen subsequently apologised and resigned from the club captaincy.

15. Melbourne Storm players Brett Finch and Cooper Cronk were each fined $5,000 for urinating in public.

16. Brisbane Broncos player Joel Clinton was fined $50,000 for breaking the club's code of conduct and inviting a woman to his hotel room in Sydney.

17. Sydney Roosters' Jake Friend and Sandor Earl under investigation for allegedly assaulting a woman at a Sydney nightclub.

18. Cronulla Sharks player Brett Seymour is fired by his club for another alcohol-related incident, his second such sacking following his dismissal by the Brisbane Broncos in 2006.

21. Sydney Roosters player Nate Myles was suspended for six weeks and dropped from the State of Origin team after defecating in the corridor of a luxury resort hotel whilst drunk. The club was also fined $50,000 for repeated offences.

22. Cronulla Sharks player Greg Bird appeared in court charged with five counts of assault after allegedly attacking a woman in a Cronulla night club in January 2008.

23. Melbourne Storm player Greg Inglis was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend.

24. Roosters coach Brad Filter wondering around a Townsville hotel pissed and naked trying to get in the wrong room 2 days before the game.

25. Andrew Johns admitting to being on the happy pills for most of his carreer.

26. Mathew Johns and and the sharks group sex scandal. (edited)

Jarro
11th August 2009, 09:07 AM
You gonna start one for the soccer fags and gayfl'ers too poidda ?

Or do you just have a thing for us NRL'ers ?

Sydney Hacker
11th August 2009, 09:10 AM
Or get the names and details on the ones you have posted correct ?

AndyP
11th August 2009, 09:11 AM
The list wouldn't be as long, jarro.

Every game has it's wankers, but it is way too common in the NRL.

3oneday
11th August 2009, 09:13 AM
Also the highest profile sport in Australia it could be argued ?

Anyway, this thread is on ignore.

henno
11th August 2009, 09:14 AM

Are you David Gallop?

poidda
11th August 2009, 09:18 AM

Sheeesh, why such a bigoted attack? This thread has nothing to do with other codes. Nice threadjack.

For the record, I'm not creating the incidents, just the list.

poidda
11th August 2009, 09:19 AM
Are you David Gallop?

bwahahaha

jaybam
11th August 2009, 09:36 AM
Numer 26 should read Mathew Johns ;)
Bit disapointed thats all we have got on the list actually.

AndyP
11th August 2009, 09:42 AM
Also the highest profile sport in Australia it could be argued ?It could be, but most of that argument would only come from two states and one territory. I don't think exposure is the excuse for the number of discretions reported.

poidda
11th August 2009, 09:48 AM

It could be, but most of that argument would only come from two states and one territory. I don't think exposure is the excuse for the number of discretions reported.

Here's some average crowd numbers. This doesn't seem to suggest it's the highest profile. But what makes a sport high profile? The number of times it makes the front page? For any reason.

AFL - 36,831 (176 games)
Super 14 - 21,292 (23 game. Australia only)
NRL - 15,820 (176 games)
A-League - 14,613 (88 games)

Bruce
11th August 2009, 09:56 AM
Are 1 and 8 duplicates? or repeats?

Dotty
11th August 2009, 10:06 AM
You left out Ben Cousins, Hanse Cronje, Dawn Fraser and River Phoenix.

Sydney Hacker
11th August 2009, 10:11 AM
You left out Ben Cousins, Hanse Cronje, Dawn Fraser and River Phoenix.

As well as people like Joey Barton and a couple of all time greats in George Best and Maradonna.

Webster
11th August 2009, 10:38 AM
And Luke Pomersbach

LarryLong
11th August 2009, 01:03 PM
and Zigwah's brother.

Scottt
11th August 2009, 03:14 PM
And Craig Gower going the grope on Junior Pearce's daughter.

Living over here has shown me just how small-time the NRL is. No one outside two states of Australia and four suburbs of South Auckland gives a sh!t about it, yet the players carry on like they are the masters of the free world.

At the end of the day, it's just a small provincial league in a small country, and the way the players carry on is at odds with that.

Jarro
11th August 2009, 03:17 PM

Living over here has shown me just how small-time the NRL is. No one outside two states of Australia and four suburbs of South Auckland gives a sh!t about it, yet the players carry on like they are the masters of the free world.

At the end of the day, it's just a small provincial league in a small country, and the way the players carry on is at odds with that.

So i guess then it's the medias fault for inflating their ego's ?

poidda
11th August 2009, 03:40 PM

Spot on right there.

PeteyD
11th August 2009, 07:36 PM
Can't argue with it. Shocking behavior list. Considering the number of players in the league it is still just a few turds in the punchbowl, just a few too many though.

just
11th August 2009, 07:39 PM
just a few turds in the punchbowl
They haven't done this yet, Pete. There's still time though!

PeteyD
11th August 2009, 07:44 PM
Probably at a players only function ;)

Scottt
11th August 2009, 07:53 PM
So i guess then it's the medias fault for inflating their ego's ?

The ironic thing is that the NRL boys are hounded far less than the British press hound the EPL stars or the US press houlds the basketball heavyweights. The NRL guys are just too f**king stupid to behave themselves.

It's rarely the sort of stuff that requires a journalist to investigate - beyond ringing up the rozzers to see who's on the charge sheet each Monday.

You can blame the media, but it's a chicken/egg thing. I think it's more fair to blame these suburban heroes who in many cases mistakenly think they are above the law and don't have to act morally.

Russ
11th August 2009, 08:58 PM
2. Police charged Cronulla player Greg Bird with assaulting his girlfriend, Katie Milligan. Bird allegedly smashed a glass into her face, fracturing her eye socket.

9. Cronulla Sharks Greg Bird was convicted of recklessly wounding his girlfriend, and was later sentenced to 16 months jail with a minimum of eight months.
No point listing the same thing twice.

12. Willie Mason was fined $2,000 by Sydney Roosters after being photographed urinating in a public place.
That can be removed from the list. There is not a single male in the entire existence of the human race that hasn't hung a leak in a public place. I'd also say 50% of females have done it at least once.

16. Brisbane Broncos player Joel Clinton was fined $50,000 for breaking the club's code of conduct and inviting a woman to his hotel room in Sydney.
Why the **** is this mentioned? Nothing scandalous or shameful about that. Such rules were only ever created by spineless NRL bosses to appease halfwit Daily Telegraph readers.

It's so amusing just how stupid the thugby league players are, this needs it's own thread.

Thinking the sort of shit on this list is exclusive to the NRL is pretty stupid. Heck, it's not even exclusive to professional athletes. Some people are just ****wits!

Scottt
11th August 2009, 09:19 PM
But surely you agree, Russ, that the concentartion of f**kwits with a deficient level of respect towards women in the NRL is concerning?

henno
11th August 2009, 09:31 PM
But surely you agree, Russ, that the concentartion of f**kwits with a deficient level of respect towards women in the NRL is concerning?

Very good question (despite your lack of "concentartion" when it comes to spelling ;-)), and one I'd love to see David Gallop and others answer with some conviction.

Fishman Dan
11th August 2009, 10:03 PM

Hence the problem with this sport, and obviously it's followers.

The whole culture problem is going to get worse before it gets better.

Russ - while we've all taken a piss in public, we're not paid six-figure sums to try and behave. It's an expensive piss mind you, and it does sell papers (notably the one that runs the game).

mike
11th August 2009, 11:02 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again.
Gallop needs to come down hard, and I mean real hard , on these idiots.
Unfortunately he won't because he's an ostrich.

Fishman Dan
12th August 2009, 12:10 AM
Mike - I agree, but you also don't want to shut a player like Inglis out of the game. Surely a huge fine would do the job, but I'm not entirely sure it would work, and then you would get the Players Association sticking up for them.

Russ
12th August 2009, 06:32 AM

It definitely seems that way, but truth be told, plenty of this shit happens day to day which will never make the papers, for the sole reason they arn't NRL players.

Mike - I agree, but you also don't want to shut a player like Inglis out of the game. Surely a huge fine would do the job, but I'm not entirely sure it would work, and then you would get the Players Association sticking up for them.

I disagree. The NRL needs to make a real stand. Forget these silly no drinking/no women in hotel rooms policy. They're band-aid solutions that doesn't solve shit, and don't get to the real problem.

Inglis should be out of the game - for life - He hit a woman and gave her 2 black eyes. That shit is inexcusable.

They need to react accordingly to serious problems, and when it's something silly, they just need to tell the media to piss-off and put their effort into something of some substance.

Scottt
12th August 2009, 06:44 AM
And you know what, the minute they start to take the major issues seriously and punish players accordingly, the public opinion of things like pissing in public or f**king in a toilet, even threesomes and ganging perhaps, will soften.

At heart, Australians are wont to turn the other cheek and overlook young fellas being lads, but what has been snowballing lately has torched a shitload of people - fans, sponsors, potential good staff of clubs and the league... It goes well beyond "boys being boys".

The public wants to see some kind of real action, because these guys feel above the law for a reason, it's highly unlikely they will receive a comparable punishment to Johnny Pleb.

Who gives a f**k if a few good players go to French rugby or the Super League? The NRL can and will survive.

Sydney Hacker
12th August 2009, 07:10 AM
No point listing the same thing twice.

Actually I think you will find that is two separate incidents... The game is much better off without that turd playing !

My argument has never been around "defending" the league players, obviously the behaviour of the bad eggs is unacceptable.

However I find the supporters of other codes who continually bash league as a tad hypocritical or niave to suggest that every code around the world does not have the same problem, except maybe for lawn bowls...

We could sit here all day and name players from each and every code who have brought shame to their respective game, and we could also name average joe's from our own walk of life who have done similar if not worse things.

I think the only way for league to move forward is to start sitting idiots out of the game for extended periods, and by that I am talking 12+ months, with no avenues for the clubs etc. to provide "help".

Dump the offenders out in the real world and see how they fair from there, when they need to work 40odd hours a week to make a semi-decent wage.

Scottt
12th August 2009, 07:16 AM
I find the supporters of other codes who continually bash league as a tad hypocritical or niave to suggest that every code around the world does not have the same problem, except maybe for lawn bowls...

The fact is rugby union, Aussie rules, soccer, cricket and other sports, if they do have players committing these acts, do not have them nearly in the quantity the NRL has them

The media will pounce regardless of the sport involved, but the NRL keeps appearing while the others don't.

Sydney Hacker
12th August 2009, 07:22 AM
The fact is rugby union, Aussie rules, soccer, cricket and other sports, if they do have players committing these acts, do not have them nearly in the quantity the NRL has them

The media will pounce regardless of the sport involved, but the NRL keeps appearing while the others don't.

Is that really the case or does the media bashers have a point ?

Luke Pomersbach might be a good example, he was arrested the other day for assaulting police, avoiding arrest, leaving the scene of 2 accidents etc. It appeared on the media for one day and it is gone.

Granted he is not a huge name in cricket, but he has played for Australia in 20/20.

Big Willie pissing on a wall was in the papers for 3 days straight over here.

PeteyD
12th August 2009, 08:12 AM
Yea, league bashing is a media sport. The Inglis case needs to be left until the courts handle it. Domestics are ugly and the media only print the results. I have seen far worse happen to and by people that were my friends.

I am interested as to why Poidda keeps a list, yet fails to mention the under age sex thing by the soccer player ...

poidda
12th August 2009, 08:21 AM

Luke Pomersbach might be a good example, he was arrested the other day for assaulting police, avoiding arrest, leaving the scene of 2 accidents etc. It appeared on the media for one day and it is gone.

Granted he is not a huge name in cricket, but he has played for Australia in 20/20.

Cricket - 1

Keep going then. Keep in mind this list is from the last 12 months only. It only took me 5 minutes to cut/paste the Thugby League list.

If NRL supporters are so naive they think they are unjustly being picked on by the media, you're as stupid as the thugs who play the game.

poidda
12th August 2009, 08:22 AM
Yea, league bashing is a media sport. The Inglis case needs to be left until the courts handle it. Domestics are ugly and the media only print the results. I have seen far worse happen to and by people that were my friends.

I am interested as to why Poidda keeps a list, yet fails to mention the under age sex thing by the soccer player ...

Football - 1 (if he's found guiilty)

sms316
12th August 2009, 08:24 AM
I can't believe how many people have been sucked in to responding to this thread.

Sydney Hacker
12th August 2009, 08:24 AM
Cricket - 1

Keep going then. Keep in mind this list is from the last 12 months only. It only took me 5 minutes to cut/paste the Thugby League list.

If NRL supporters are so naive they think they are unjustly being picked on by the media, you're as stupid as the thugs who play the game.

How about the AFL who do not name the players with illegal drugs in their system until they have been caught 3 times ? At last count there were 3-4 players running around who had been done twice wasn't there ?

Sydney Hacker
12th August 2009, 08:25 AM
I can't believe how many people have been sucked in to responding to this thread.

Hey it passes the time while I am waiting for a phone call !

poidda
12th August 2009, 08:32 AM

Not sucked in. Just picked on just like the media does to the NRL. Poor old ****wits.

AndyP
12th August 2009, 09:11 AM

Big Willie pissing on a wall was in the papers for 3 days straight over here.Obviously because you read papers from NSW and watch Sydney TV.

It there is an incident with an AFL player the Melbourne papers would be all over it for days.

Bruce
12th August 2009, 10:24 AM
As indeed they were for weeks after the Shaw/Didak incident. It still comes up.

Even made up stories like Buddy's forthcoming 'third strike' get a good run in the papers. I guess they need to print speculation of misconduct as the players themselves don't generate enough of it.

Bruce
12th August 2009, 10:36 AM
Check the Pro Football Talk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/) site dealing with the NFL.

They have a ticker on the front page (right hand side about half way down) of Days without an arrest of anyone on an NFL team's roster. Currently they are up to 6 days with the record at 35 days.

Their rap sheet shows the same sort of stuff as the NRL thugs. Drunk, violent, lewd but with a sprinkle of drug and firearms charges that the NRL hasn't gotten to yet.

Fishman Dan
12th August 2009, 01:03 PM

I think Scottt is right - the magnification on League players is because they are front and centre too often. It's a self fulfilling prophecy - the more they expose themselves to it (no pun intended), the more the media gets off on reporting it. The problem is that NRL players keep giving the media the ammo.

There are Daly-esque golfers, there are druggy AFL players, there are A-League gang-bangers, but they aren't as easily picked out of the bunch.

Russ - I understand what you're saying, but if they can't stamp out the softer stuff, how the hell are they going to be able to stamp out the really damaging, nasty stuff. It's just not going to happen.

Fishman Dan
12th August 2009, 01:06 PM
Obviously because you read papers from NSW and watch Sydney TV.

It there is an incident with an AFL player the Melbourne papers would be all over it for days.

Alternatively there is *no* NRL coverage in Melbourne, except for the stories of people caught doing the wrong thing.

Sydney Hacker
12th August 2009, 01:11 PM
I think Scottt is right - the magnification on League players is because they are front and centre too often. It's a self fulfilling prophecy - the more they expose themselves to it (no pun intended), the more the media gets off on reporting it. The problem is that NRL players keep giving the media the ammo.

There are Daly-esque golfers, there are druggy AFL players, there are A-League gang-bangers, but they aren't as easily picked out of the bunch.

Russ - I understand what you're saying, but if they can't stamp out the softer stuff, how the hell are they going to be able to stamp out the really damaging, nasty stuff. It's just not going to happen.

Dan don't get me wrong, I am sick to death of idiots making the game look bad. If they do the wrong thing then report it and if it is bad enough boot them out of the game.

The thing I don't like is the pompous attitude of people who don't think it goes on in their game. Every sport has idiots playing it, not just NRL or AFL or football.

The sooner all sports clean them out the better, but unfortunately more idiots will pop up because the world is full of them not just sporting codes.

Russ
12th August 2009, 01:29 PM

The best way to stop the soft stuff is to come down hard on the serious shit. Bird, Inglis and any other arsehole that attacks a defenseless person in such a manner should be booted from the NRL for life.

If players start seeing guys dreams & careers crushed because of the stupid shit they do, maybe they'll think twice in the future. If a footy player sees another footy player get off with a slap on the wrist for knocking his missus about, then he sure as shit isn't going to be concerned about easing up on the softer stuff.

AndyP
12th August 2009, 01:38 PM
The thing I don't like is the pompous attitude of people who don't think it goes on in their game. Every sport has idiots playing it, not just NRL or AFL or football.Could you please point out these pompous posts? The thread is about the growing list of off-field (need clarification on off/on field) problems in NRL? The defence from the NRL fans seems to be "Well, it's not just our sport."

mike
12th August 2009, 01:40 PM
I disagree. The NRL needs to make a real stand. Forget these silly no drinking/no women in hotel rooms policy. They're band-aid solutions that doesn't solve shit, and don't get to the real problem.

Inglis should be out of the game - for life - He hit a woman and gave her 2 black eyes. That shit is inexcusable.
Too right Russ. In one of the worst years ( publicity wise ) in the game's history, it's clear players just aren't getting the message. the NRL should make an example of Inglis and rub him out of the game. Maybe not permanently but for an extended period.

THAT should get the message through.

Gallop is a softc**k.

Fishman Dan
12th August 2009, 01:51 PM
The best way to stop the soft stuff is to come down hard on the serious shit. Bird, Inglis and any other arsehole that attacks a defenseless person in such a manner should be booted from the NRL for life.

If players start seeing guys dreams & careers crushed because of the stupid shit they do, maybe they'll think twice in the future. If a footy player sees another footy player get off with a slap on the wrist for knocking his missus about, then he sure as shit isn't going to be concerned about easing up on the softer stuff.

Russ - it doesn't work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bird may be barred now? His matter is also a criminal issue and is beyond the NRL.

But being banned from the NRL means shit to these guys - they can just go and play English Superleague or Jap or French Union. The only thing that might prevent this is having a criminal conviction and being prevented from entering another country (a la Bird).

In most cases they get sacked from NRL and go to the UK and EARN MORE.

While the NRL needs a cleaner image, it also needs it's crowd-pulling superstars, and Inglis is one of them.

Russ
12th August 2009, 02:12 PM
Russ - it doesn't work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bird may be barred now? His matter is also a criminal issue and is beyond the NRL.

But being banned from the NRL means shit to these guys - they can just go and play English Superleague or Jap or French Union. The only thing that might prevent this is having a criminal conviction and being prevented from entering another country (a la Bird).

In most cases they get sacked from NRL and go to the UK and EARN MORE.

While the NRL needs a cleaner image, it also needs it's crowd-pulling superstars, and Inglis is one of them.

Not sure on the Bird situation - I don't actually follow the NRL, but I'm pretty sure his conviction means he'd done for, professionally, which is a good thing.

If people don't see the consequences to such shitbag actions, then they won't learn. The NRL can't have it both ways. If they want their players to get their act together, they need to show them what will happen if they don't. Fines & a couple games suspension is childs play. Boot the bastards out.

Who cares if they can go elsewhere and get paid more. They'll never get to play Origin nor put on an Aussie jersey ever again for the rest of their lives, and everyone will know why.

Inglis is only 1 player. Who cares how talented he is. There's plenty of young & eager kids with the talent ready to take his spot. Anyone of them can blossom into twice the player he is.

PeteyD
12th August 2009, 02:32 PM
Nice presumed guilty act. If he is guilty and goes to gaol he can't play. Simple. There are a few boys from the thin blue line on here, ask them if that sort of domestic is unusual. Wait and see what comes out in court etc. He has been suspended indefinately by his club, which would seem to be appropriate action.

One thing though, since when were guys who are paid to be thugs and belt the shit out of other people become role models for society? I don't understand that logic. NFL football players are not held up as virtuous.

Coffs_Hacker
12th August 2009, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by PeteyD

Football - 1 (if he's found guiilty)

so what your saying is he is ATM innocent even though he is only charged yet inglis is guilty even though he is only charged

ps life ban is a just result

Fishman Dan
12th August 2009, 04:21 PM
Petey - you've often played the "if he wasn't charged, was he really guilty?" line. That's the underlying problem - the culture of cover-up (hence the 4 Corners report). Payments and deals done to keep players with media profiles out of the justice system.

They are thugs, but at every game there is a stand selling a Bronco's/Bulldogs/Raiders/Tigers.... jumper, and it has your favourite thugs name on it for the kids to buy, and potentially role-play in the local park.

jaybam
12th August 2009, 04:42 PM
Well now Qld schools are looking at taking Leauge out of the chools and replacing it with soccer after the thuggery image in the game. That will hurt if they do that. Cant see the game surviveing if that sort of stuff starts happening. But i suppose its only a matter of time.

PeteyD
12th August 2009, 04:43 PM
Yep. I believe in due process. I also believe that kids are going to copy what they see on the field, and not behavior away from the field. Kids learn that behavior at home.

pom
12th August 2009, 04:54 PM
I agree that the sort of behaviour mentioned in this thread is unacceptable. However to suggest it is mainly a Footballers problem is pure Foolishness. I would suggest that their is a male , living in your street that regularly bashes his wife. The problem is massive & the solution is just far too hard.

Russ
12th August 2009, 05:24 PM
The problem is massive & the solution is just far too hard.

The solution is easy!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/rookskickz/Humour/clair-icon.gif

PeteyD
12th August 2009, 05:33 PM
ROFL!

poidda
12th August 2009, 05:38 PM
Nice presumed guilty act. If he is guilty and goes to gaol he can't play. Simple.

You wanna be the kettle or the pot?

PeteyD
12th August 2009, 05:41 PM
;) Merely the devil's advocate.

ParMaster
12th August 2009, 05:43 PM
Roflmfaolol ;)

Scottt
12th August 2009, 05:44 PM
The fingers-in-the-ears-singing-lalalalala act by the NRL faithful is disturbing, but when the people who run the game are doing the same thing, you can't really blame them, I suppose.

Yes, these things occur in other Aussie sports and leagues. But not to an extent even in the same ballpark as the NRL.

Is it indicative of a poor attitude towards women in our general population? I don't think so, but the support these grubs get is surprising, when if it was your mum or sister on the receiving end of the most recent "did she approve or didn't she?" gang bang, Bird's glass or Inglis' fist, the attitude would be very different.

The NRL and many of its fans want to pretend this isn't an issue and will attempt to deflect the attention elsewhere, but IMO it is reaching crisis point and will come to a head very soon.

Sydney Hacker
12th August 2009, 05:46 PM
The fingers-in-the-ears-singing-lalalalala act by the NRL faithful is disturbing, but if the people who run the game are doing the same thing, you can't blame them, I suppose.

Yes, these things occur in other Aussie sports and leagues. But not to an extent even in the same ballpark as the NRL.

Is it indicative of a poor attitude towards women in our general population? I don't think so, but the support these grubs get is surprising, when if it was your mum or sister on the receiving end of the Sharkies' gang bang, Bird's glass or Inglis' fist, the attitude would be very different.

The NRL and many of its fans want to pretend this isn't an issue and will attempt to deflect the attention elsewhere, but IMO it is reaching crisis point and will come to a head very soon.

I don't think anyone here has the fingers in the ears as you so politely put it. If you actually read the comments you will find nearly everyone has said if they are found guilty of these things they need to be booted out of the game !

PeteyD
12th August 2009, 05:47 PM
I never supported the glassing incident. that is low. I do not know all the facts of the Inglis one, so am waiting on it. The Gang Bang thing is a totally different ballpark.

The NRL has promoted it's women in league etc etc, and the Inglis incident has walked straight into that. I think he is basically stuffed no matter what happens.

Scottt
12th August 2009, 05:49 PM
I don't think anyone here has the fingers in the ears as you so politely put it. If you actually read the comments you will find nearly everyone has said if they are found guilty of these things they need to be booted out of the game !

I'd class these replies as fingers-in-the-ears.

Sydney Hacker
12th August 2009, 05:51 PM
I'd class these replies as fingers-in-the-ears.

Surely you can come up with better then that !

Virgal_Tracy
13th August 2009, 12:02 PM
If you actually read the comments you will find nearly everyone has said if they are found guilty of these things they need to be booted out of the game !

My only issue is with the "if found guilty". In the Bird case, supposedly in the Carlton case of paying off (alleged) rape victims and the case against the 3 Broncos last year is that they may be found not guilty legally because of not enough evidence or key people (usually the victim eg Bird's missus) that aren't prepared to press charges or testify.

Does this mean that they are innocent and that it never happened? There is a lot of he said / she said and in most cases we will never know the real truth. It is just a shame that the offenders spoil it for those that are helping out in rural communities or visiting sick kids or doing voluntary community work (as opposed to court imposed). That doesn't make headlines so most of it goes unreported.

WBennett
13th August 2009, 12:44 PM
David Gallop cops a hiding from you blokes, but have a look how he was let down

The two highest profile and cleanskin players are made the face of NRL for 2009. Stewart gets maggoted and allegedly sexually assaults a girl. Not a good start.

The second, potentially the biggest player in the game for the next 5 years is now charged with beating his missus.

When all your marketing goes into two cleanskins who would be heroes to everyone, and they both make monumental screw ups, what does he do?

Add in the best forward in the game is Watmough, a dickhead on the piss so unusable as a face of the game.

Who does the NRL use now as their face of football? Haseeeeeem is retiring. Petro 70cperlitre is 100 years old. Who else has a good enough reputation to be entrusted with this role?

PeteyD
13th August 2009, 12:45 PM
Ben Hannent

WBennett
13th August 2009, 12:48 PM
Wow. Good choice. An anonymous prop.

May as well focus on Will Zillman and Colin Best as well. They seem nice blokes.

Jarro
13th August 2009, 01:17 PM
Surely you can come up with better then that !

No he can't, that's the best ole Scottttt can do.

I think the offenders should be axed from the game for good ... we don't need them.

Doesn't mean i don't like the game any less.

Fishman Dan
13th August 2009, 01:18 PM
The saddest part of the story is that Inglis is 22 years old and already bashing women. He's barely learned where to plunge the old fella.

At least the AFL had Wayne Carey - his only real problem (during his career) was plonking his mates partners, not beating them (although that soon changed!).

henno
13th August 2009, 01:28 PM
I think the offenders should be axed from the game for good ... we don't need them.

Doesn't mean i don't like the game any less.

Sage-like wisdom there. I agree completely.

Yossarian
13th August 2009, 01:38 PM
The saddest part of the story is that Inglis is 22 years old and already bashing women. He's barely learned where to plunge the old fella.

At least the AFL had Wayne Carey - his only real problem (during his career) was plonking his mates partners, not beating them (although that soon changed!).

:lol:

PeteyD
13th August 2009, 03:50 PM
Hannent is hardly anon. Origin player and you know he has none of these issues.

CobraSS
13th August 2009, 05:20 PM
Hannent is hardly anon. Origin player and you know he has none of these issues.

Anon he is, but Ben Hannant on the other hand...............

Scottt
13th August 2009, 05:29 PM
Petero and Steve Price would be perfect, were they not, when combined, older than Methusla.

Dotty
13th August 2009, 05:36 PM
21. Sydney Roosters player Nate Myles was suspended for six weeks and dropped from the State of Origin team after defecating in the corridor of a luxury resort hotel whilst drunk. The club was also fined $50,000 for repeated offences.

John Hopoate could have prevented this.

WBennett
13th August 2009, 05:39 PM
Alan Tongue is a prime candidate for a role model. But who wants to look up to a ranga who wears headgear?

Jarro
13th August 2009, 05:42 PM
Scott Prince would a good candidate.

Even if he is a wanker

PeteyD
13th August 2009, 08:21 PM
Hannant Hennent who cares. The bloke is a great player even if he is at a crap club.

Nice one Dotty, just recalling the darkest days of the tigers (Never ever sign Manly rejects!)

Fishman Dan
13th August 2009, 08:51 PM
Face it - the "pin-up boy of league" tag is a poisoned chalice. With this is mind, who would you like the next poster boy for the NRL to be?

Hoax Anasta or Brent Tate for mine.

WBennett
13th August 2009, 08:58 PM
Anthony Mundine
Milkman Soward
Mick Crocker
Adam McDougall

is it too much to ask?

Fishman Dan
14th August 2009, 08:57 AM
What a surprise - a cover-up (http://www.smh.com.au/news/leaquehq/girlfriend-puts-new-slant-on-inglis-row/2009/08/13/1249756400913.html).

Gold digger. Of course if she gets him sacked, there's no more free money.

henno
14th August 2009, 09:00 AM
Hmm... is it just me, or is there a whiff of something suspicious going on here.

AndyP
14th August 2009, 09:08 AM
Is this one of those "I ran into a wall" things that you see with domestic violence? I should ask my neighbours, because thanks to this thread I now know that there is a wife basher in every street.

just
14th August 2009, 09:08 AM
You boys are harsh. Greg Inglis should be hailed a hero for saving the lass from self harm. Should be given one of these:
http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/honours/awards/images/bravery_medal.jpg

Bruce
14th August 2009, 09:54 AM
It reeks of cover up. A revised statement downgrading the offense after she's seen how much trouble he ended up in and after the first court appearance.

....and if you loooove him,
then you'll forgive him.
'Cos after all - he's just a man...

poidda
14th August 2009, 10:17 AM
Gee, I'm shocked. :roll:

PeteyD
14th August 2009, 12:04 PM
Believe in the worst in people guys, maybe she is telling the truth.

Sydney Hacker
14th August 2009, 12:47 PM
In all seriousness what do you think should happen with Inglis now ?

I agree that it reeks of a cover-up by Inglis and his partner, but I can't see how the NRL can do anything to him now without risking major repercussions.

That is if this new statement gets him out of the charge of course.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2009, 02:27 PM
In all seriousness what do you think should happen with Inglis now ?

I agree that it reeks of a cover-up by Inglis and his partner, but I can't see how the NRL can do anything to him now without risking major repercussions.

That is if this new statement gets him out of the charge of course.

But the law said he's not guilty. Therefore it would be wrong for anyone to think that he ever did any wrongdoing.

****ing disgrace.

Jarro
14th August 2009, 02:47 PM
What are you all saying ?

I can't hear because i have my fingers in my ears

poidda
14th August 2009, 02:56 PM
So if this woman has changed her story it would mean she's lied to authorities at some stage.

This is an offence itself isn't it?!?! The cops should press charges on her and see which story she sticks to then.

Sydney Hacker
14th August 2009, 03:29 PM
But the law said he's not guilty. Therefore it would be wrong for anyone to think that he ever did any wrongdoing.

****ing disgrace.

There is a massive difference between thinking he ever did anything wrong and punishing him for something.

If there eventually is no criminal charges, surely his employer is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they try to punish him he must surely have a very strong case for legal action against them.

Granted you would never have him as the face of any advertising again, but besides that what else can you do ?

just
14th August 2009, 03:37 PM
My remarks are above are tongue in cheek/sarcastic, by the way.

So if this woman has changed her story it would mean she's lied to authorities at some stage.

This is an offence itself isn't it?!?! The cops should press charges on her and see which story she sticks to then.
The problem in this case Poidda, is she was either smart enough or dumb enough (depends on your point of view) and never said he did anything in the first place, other than push her because she was "in his face". All she has done now is clarify why he supposedly pushed her, to "protect her from self harm". She hasn't said anything contrary, from what we know, just provided further information, not changed her story. The police would be on very thin ground trying to charge her.

Tongueboy
14th August 2009, 08:07 PM
John Hopoate could have prevented this.

don't forget Ian Roberts...

poidda
25th November 2009, 12:09 PM
#2 can be removed from this list! :roll:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/975624/greg-bird-walks-free

3oneday
25th November 2009, 01:45 PM
Gee, there's a surprise :roll:

Tomo
25th November 2009, 01:56 PM
Does that mean Cronulla is about to become very broke for wrongful dismissal?

3oneday
25th November 2009, 02:03 PM
I think the fact they lied publicly about how it happened is sufficient to avoid that.

cazandpaul
25th November 2009, 04:51 PM
Will he become a Titan?

Grunt
25th November 2009, 06:09 PM
Looking like he will be either a Titan or Cowboy?

3oneday
25th November 2009, 08:08 PM
Gallop claims he'll need assurances that he'll curb his ways. Interesting to see Gallop try and test that one, given the guy has been let off the charge !

Jarro
25th November 2009, 08:10 PM
How could any side sign a grub like that ?

Scottt
25th November 2009, 08:12 PM
Rich coming from a Broncos fan...

Jarro
25th November 2009, 08:18 PM
.. oh really ?

Enlighten us oh learned one.

poidda
23rd April 2010, 08:30 AM
** bump **

Is it possible to add the entire league to this thread?

Sydney Hacker
23rd April 2010, 08:39 AM
Perhaps they could try this next...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal

poidda
23rd April 2010, 08:58 AM
Perhaps they could try this next...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal
So NRL and the Dirty Cheating Italians are alike? Good point.

Jarro
23rd April 2010, 03:18 PM
Didn't the ARU sign up the dirty cheating CEO from the Storm (who got him from the AFL)

chappy1970
23rd April 2010, 04:28 PM
Waldren will be lucky to get a job at McDonalds after this farse

Jarro
23rd April 2010, 05:18 PM
Waldren will be lucky to get a job at McDonalds after this farse

Maccas wouldn't hire him, but the ARU did :lol:

razaar
23rd April 2010, 05:30 PM
The man's talents are wasted in the footy codes - he should be in politics.

poidda
16th September 2010, 10:58 AM
** bump **

Bruce
16th September 2010, 11:14 AM
We have 2 NRL idiot threads - seems to indicate there might be something to the code.

Is there a Fev/Akker thread?

just
16th September 2010, 11:33 AM
What has Aker ever done thats anything in the league (pardon the pun) of these guys? Try Tuck/Cousins/Couple of other West Coast Junkies/Krakouer/Lovett et al.

PerryGroves
16th September 2010, 11:52 AM
What has Aker ever done thats anything in the league (pardon the pun) of these guys? Try Tuck/Cousins/Couple of other West Coast Junkies/Krakouer/Lovett et al.
And of course the games two biggest icons of the last 25 years. Ablett snr and Carey.

mike
16th September 2010, 12:23 PM

mike
16th September 2010, 12:34 PM

Yossarian
16th September 2010, 01:53 PM

Leave west coast out of this. Those boys are as pure as the driven snow.

Wait.

mike
16th September 2010, 05:27 PM
Has anybody noticed there's never a Dragons scandal?

No wait. Ben Creagh turned up late to a uni lecture last month.

Kick them out of the comp.

Sydney Hacker
16th September 2010, 05:31 PM
Has anybody noticed there's never a Dragons scandal?

No wait. Ben Creagh turned up late to a uni lecture last month.

Kick them out of the comp.

Hmm... Gasnier and his "hot sauce" ? or maybe a more recent one from a month or so ago where they were hanging out pissed at KFC, or Barrett stripping off to his jocks in pubs???

Jarro
16th September 2010, 05:31 PM
Nathan Fien, Darius Boyd and Neville Costigan haven't been there long enough yet mike.

Give them time

**EDIT** nice pickup SH .. the KFC scandal was a powderkeg waiting to explode !!!

mike
16th September 2010, 05:35 PM
Oh right the KFC scandal.

Left a mess on the floor.

Outrageous.

Jarro
16th September 2010, 05:42 PM
Don't try and sweep it under the carpet mike.

You, and everyone else knows that it probably would've snowballed into a massive debacle.

Sydney Hacker
16th September 2010, 05:46 PM
Besides... teams only get scandals when they are successful at something. St George will not be sighted in the papers any time soon :)

macjackass
16th September 2010, 05:50 PM
Besides... teams only get scandals when they are successful at something. St George will not be sighted in the papers any time soon :)

Harsh! They do choking well. Next example of said choking will occur vs Canberra in a little over a week.

Sydney Hacker
17th September 2010, 07:23 AM
This guy must of played league when he was younger right ?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/socceroo-craig-moore-arrested-in-dubai-20100917-15ex8.html

poidda
28th September 2010, 08:13 AM
Here's a question for the Thugby League players.

If one of your daughters gets raped or beaten. Or even worse, your unborn grandchild gets beaten. Will you just cop it on the chin and say "Ahh well, that shit happens". Because by consistently supporting these thugs, your sending a message to the next generation that there's nothing wrong with the consistent behaviour of a group of thugs.

http://www.news.com.au/national/tigers-halfback-robert-lui-in-court-charged-with-assault/story-e6frfkvr-1225930069122

I am amazed how anyone can support such a bunch of dead shits, let alone encourage their kids to support them.

Until next week and another wife beating or drug overdose.

Peter
28th September 2010, 08:17 AM
They're athletes, not role models.

The suggestion that supporting Rugby League the game is the same as condoning the off-field actions of players is idiotic.

AndyP
28th September 2010, 08:19 AM
Fair go, Poid. Lui is a "very placid, happy-going, laid-back guy".

That Craig Moore fella on the other hand, is nothing but trouble.

sms316
28th September 2010, 08:20 AM
Anyone who has a black friend must be condoning Luis' actions too.

Ned
28th September 2010, 08:20 AM
And apparently the betting thing with the Cowgirls will raise the flag AFTER the GF!

poidda
28th September 2010, 08:23 AM

The suggestion that supporting Rugby League the game is the same as condoning the off-field actions of players is idiotic.

Seriously. Are you that daft? Do you not think kids look up to these players? You have to be kidding right? Morons supporting morons. What chance do the kids have.

macjackass
28th September 2010, 08:23 AM

Saying the're not role models is stating the bloody obvious.

3oneday
28th September 2010, 08:30 AM
Here's a question for the Thugby League players.

If one of your daughters gets raped or beaten. Or even worse, your unborn grandchild gets beaten. Will you just cop it on the chin and say "Ahh well, that shit happens". Because by consistently supporting these thugs, your sending a message to the next generation that there's nothing wrong with the consistent behaviour of a group of thugs.

http://www.news.com.au/national/tigers-halfback-robert-lui-in-court-charged-with-assault/story-e6frfkvr-1225930069122

I am amazed how anyone can support such a bunch of dead shits, let alone encourage their kids to support them.

Until next week and another wife beating or drug overdose.

or for that fact, any occupation where someone has been found guilty of sexual assault, wife beating or murder.

I thought some of these AFL types were ridiculous, but you just landed on the top of the cake. I guess you don't watch golf any longer now too, now that tiger is a filanderererer ?

Back from whence you came.

TheTrueReview
28th September 2010, 08:30 AM
Saying the're not role models is stating the bloody obvious.

Something the media don't seem to understand -> they're the ones continually saying it.

AndyP
28th September 2010, 08:33 AM
I thought some of these AFL types were ridiculous,
Can't help yourself, can you?

3oneday
28th September 2010, 08:34 AM
No, not really, but they started it by having a draw :lol:

macjackass
28th September 2010, 08:35 AM
or for that fact, any occupation where someone has been found guilty of sexual assault, wife beating or murder.

I thought some of these AFL types were ridiculous, but you just landed on the top of the cake. I guess you don't watch golf any longer now too, now that tiger is a filanderererer ?

Are you seriously putting cheating on a spouse in the same category as bashing one?!?

macjackass
28th September 2010, 08:37 AM
Something the media don't seem to understand -> they're the ones continually saying it.

They should be as a lot of kids would look up to them.

3oneday
28th September 2010, 08:37 AM
Ask the child of a parent who has been cheated on, and one who has been bashed, and come back to me.

macjackass
28th September 2010, 08:39 AM
Ask the child of a parent who has been cheated on, and one who has been bashed, and come back to me.

In the words of J McEnroe..... "you cannot be serious"

PeteyD
28th September 2010, 08:48 AM
Stick to your kiddy fiddlers Poidda.

This one looks really bad. 9 charges etc etc. If he is guilty get rid of him. And that hurts this Tigers supporter.

3oneday
28th September 2010, 08:51 AM
In the words of J McEnroe..... "you cannot be serious"

it's not an opinion, the discussion is about the effect on kids.

Hit an R9 TP (non B stamp) 3 iron this morning, could be a great set of irons !

poidda
28th September 2010, 08:52 AM

Yeah 3 times this year alone programmers have beaten their wives, pack raped women, and OD'd after a end of season party. If you can name any occupation this happens as much I would be interested. Bikies and the Melbourne Underworld look like angles compared to these ***uwits.

If you're comparing tigers adultery with pregnant wife beating, to justify the actions of this bloke, you're as thick as the guys that play this game.

As I said, when it happens to one of your daughters you can't complain if you continue to support them. Simple.

PeteyD
28th September 2010, 08:58 AM
Seriously Poidda go through the court lists. You make it out like the League players are the only morons that do this crap.

poidda
28th September 2010, 09:08 AM
Seriously Poidda go through the court lists. You make it out like the League players are the only morons that do this crap.

Of course they aren't the only morons who do this. It's just the concentration of morons in the one professional sport. Like the cancer Cluster at the ABC studios here in Brisbane. If there's a concentration of one thing (in Thugby League it's the concentration of ****wits) you really need to have a look at the common cause.

PeteyD
28th September 2010, 09:14 AM
It is a cultural thing, that they are apparently working to change. The ****witism is being exposed now, which is a lot better than when it was swept under the carpet.

There are parts of society where that sort of behavior is a lot more common. For every moron at the top level I can point to kids that have found self worth and moved on from drugs etc by playing sport (including league). I really can not understand your one man crusade against the sport, but good on you for having strong opinions and expressing it.

Peter
28th September 2010, 09:23 AM
Seriously. Are you that daft? Do you not think kids look up to these players? You have to be kidding right? Morons supporting morons. What chance do the kids have.

Daft? Hardly. I originally thought you might be fishing, now I think you're just stupid.

You're grasping at straws if your best argument is a 'won't somebody think of the children' one.

poidda
28th September 2010, 09:24 AM
Not a one man crusade at all PeteyD. There's 16 teams that are doing a great job all on there own to destroy a sport.

I just didn't think it was possible to find anyone that would defend and justify the actions of a man that beats his pregnant wife. But as illustrated in this thread, there are plenty out there which is just disgusting.

PeteyD
28th September 2010, 09:26 AM
Nah. No defense for it.

poidda
28th September 2010, 09:28 AM
Daft? Hardly. I originally thought you might be fishing, now I think you're just stupid.

You're grasping at straws if your best argument is a 'won't somebody think of the children' one.

Yeah you're probably right. These women aren't the daughters of any of us, so who cares. The defence of "But other people beat their pregnant wives, so it can't be that bad" is a good one as well I must say.

macjackass
28th September 2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah you're probably right. These women aren't the daughters of any of us, so who cares. The defence of "But other people beat their pregnant wives, so it can't be that bad" is a good one as well I must say.

I don't understand how anyone is defending this behaviour in any way shape or form. I can see next weeks headlines when the roosters get on the drink.

3oneday
28th September 2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah 3 times this year alone programmers have beaten their wives, pack raped women, and OD'd after a end of season party. If you can name any occupation this happens as much I would be interested. Bikies and the Melbourne Underworld look like angles compared to these ***uwits.

If you're comparing tigers adultery with pregnant wife beating, to justify the actions of this bloke, you're as thick as the guys that play this game.

As I said, when it happens to one of your daughters you can't complain if you continue to support them. Simple.

I think the problem is you think your opinion is one that we should all subscribe to. The bloke got pissed and bashed his wife, sadly it happens. How you can comment as to how anyone on this board brings up their children is far beyond my comprehension.

Are you simply saying you are smarter than all the rest of us ? That we don't have enough morals to help our daughters make the right decisions in life ? Do you go home at night, lock the doors and windows and hide behind the lounge ?

Pretty shortsighted view there mate, I'm certain it won't happen to one of my daughters, because of the parents we are and the parents we've had. You're an insult to all parents in my opinion.

Peter
28th September 2010, 10:04 AM
Nobody is defending the behaviour. We're just not trying to blame a sport or its fans for the alleged actions of an individual.

Is that really so hard to understand? I can try to explain it again using smaller words if that helps?

macjackass
28th September 2010, 10:09 AM
Nobody is defending the behaviour. We're just not trying to blame a sport or its fans for the alleged actions of an individual.

Is that really so hard to understand? I can try to explain it again using smaller words if that helps?

I'm sure small words won't be an issue for you.

Peter
28th September 2010, 10:15 AM
Not at all - I'm used to explaining things to morons like you.

;)

poidda
28th September 2010, 10:18 AM
I think the problem is you think your opinion is one that we should all subscribe to. The bloke got pissed and bashed his wife, sadly it happens. How you can comment as to how anyone on this board brings up their children is far beyond my comprehension.

Are you simply saying you are smarter than all the rest of us ? That we don't have enough morals to help our daughters make the right decisions in life ? Do you go home at night, lock the doors and windows and hide behind the lounge ?

Pretty shortsighted view there mate, I'm certain it won't happen to one of my daughters, because of the parents we are and the parents we've had. You're an insult to all parents in my opinion.

Hang on a minute. I haven't insulted anyone about the way they've brought up their daughters. What's the way these women have been brought up got anything to do with it here? I think you've missed the point that the women in the wife beatings are the victims here. It makes no difference at all how they were brought up.

That we don't have enough morals to help our daughters make the right decisions in life ? Your comments suggest that the victim in this instance has made the wrong decision. Are you saying it's her fault that she was at home 6 months pregnant when he came stubbled in full of piss and beat her? Wow. :shock:

macjackass
28th September 2010, 10:29 AM
Not at all - I'm used to explaining things to morons like you.

;)

Being a league supporter does make you somewhat of an expert on morons. Please drop me a pm when you've made an intelligent comment in any thread, I'm yet to see one.

Peter
28th September 2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah 3, it's not her fault (or even Lui's). It's your fault for supporting league and therefore condoning this behaviour.

just
28th September 2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah 3, it's not her fault (or even Lui's). It's your fault for supporting league and therefore condoning this behaviour.

Peter
Does the NRL have a problem with alcohol and violence that is above the rate of sports of similar ilk or not?

poidda
28th September 2010, 11:22 AM
Peter
Does the NRL have a problem with alcohol and violence that is above the rate of sports of similar ilk or not?

Yes. Oh, wrong Peter. :)

macjackass
28th September 2010, 11:43 AM
Peter

For someone who is an expert on little words it seems yes is proving a little tough for poor old peter.

PeteyD
28th September 2010, 11:57 AM
there are too many Peters on these forums.

macjackass
28th September 2010, 11:58 AM
there are too many Peters on these forums.

There is one too many ;)

Peter
28th September 2010, 12:00 PM
Peter

Probably, but I believe that the gap is closing. If the NRL continues to take appropriate action against players found guilty of illegal behaviour then, in my opinion, the right message is being delivered.

I'm not defending anyone - simply pointing out the fallacy of blaming supporters for the off-field behaviour of athletes.

Do you believe that, if all support for this sport stopped tomorrow, levels of alcohol abuse, violence and whatever else league players have done in recent times would reduce?

kpac
28th September 2010, 12:06 PM
The celebration of these players goes a long way to make me question raising children in this world. Any society that encourages the environment that supports these players needs a good shake up.
In MY opinion:
- There are bad eggs in ALL areas/fields/sports etc. This isn't denied
- BUT; The concentration of such 'eggs' in the NRL is unacceptable
- At some higher level the sport needs to be cleaned up, the culture within doesn't see the problem (quite obviously highlighted here!)

I dont like the game, but i'd happily admit that removing the game would not remove these people. Cleaning up the game, and promoting/educating players to act in some sort of distinction must be the answer?

Peter, if you don't see these people as role models, ask the kids. They'll happily tell you who the 'idolise', and that scares me.

just
28th September 2010, 12:07 PM
Probably, but I believe that the gap is closing. If the NRL continues to take appropriate action against players found guilty of illegal behaviour then, in my opinion, the right message is being delivered.

Do you think they are taking adequate action? I'm a Queenslander raised watching and playing Rugby and League and quite frankly I don't think they are doing enough, to the point where I don't watch the NRL anymore.

Do you believe that, if all support for this sport stopped tomorrow, levels of alcohol abuse, violence and whatever else league players have done in recent times would reduce?

Without a doubt because the cash would go and therefore they wouldn't be cashed up young idiots with a host of individuals running interference for them constantly. They are protected and haven't got the message.

kpac
28th September 2010, 12:08 PM

Impossible to argue, but YES. If all long support/memory of these players ended tomorrow it would help - regardless it IS NOT an answer to the problem.

Peter
28th September 2010, 12:23 PM
Just,

I can't think of any situations where stronger action should have been taken, but it's possible. It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing for them to adopt zero tolerance policies for certain acts.

My question around the link between support and behaviour was more about the influence of player behaviour on others in the community. If you stop the bad behaviour of a small handful of league players I don't believe it would have a material impact on the behaviour of others.

Kpac,

I believe they are role models on the field only, and that good parents are able to ensure that kids won't grow up thinking that it's okay to bash pregnant women or rape people just because a particular athlete did.

Having said that, at least you two have reasonable arguments.

macjackass
28th September 2010, 12:28 PM
Just,

I can't think of any situations where stronger action should have been taken, but it's possible. It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing for them to adopt zero tolerance policies for certain acts.

My question around the link between support and behaviour was more about the influence of player behaviour on others in the community. If you stop the bad behaviour of a small handful of league players I don't believe it would have a material impact on the behaviour of others.

Kpac,

I believe they are role models on the field only, and that good parents are able to ensure that kids won't grow up thinking that it's okay to bash pregnant women or rape people just because a particular athlete did.

Having said that, at least you two have reasonable arguments.

Agree, perhaps you should try and find a reasonable argument.

So you think they "punishment" handed out to Carney and Bird was acceptable?

Peter
28th September 2010, 12:32 PM
Macjack,

Are you a short person (say, under 5"10')?

What did Bird do?

macjackass
28th September 2010, 12:34 PM
Macjack,

Are you a short person (say, under 5"10')?

What did Bird do?

You are a tool. What did Bird do? Are you serious?!?

Peter
28th September 2010, 12:40 PM

You're clearly a very angry person - since you're not a league player, i assume you must have short-man syndrome (no offense, Jarro).

My question stands - what did Bird do?

macjackass
28th September 2010, 12:44 PM

You're clearly a very angry person - since you're not a league player, i assume you must have short-man syndrome (no offense, Jarro).

Other than glass his girlfriend, implicate his mate, lie to the cops then nothing, I guess. It does make me angry that people are as clueless as you. Doesn't make me an angry person or short, just makes you sound more like the idiot you obviously are.

Peter
28th September 2010, 12:58 PM
So it makes you angry, but doesn't make you an angry person?

Glad we cleared that up - I was starting to get a little confused.

poidda
28th September 2010, 12:58 PM

It's all forgotten when swept under the carpet. I suppose you can't remember Greg Inglis bashing his Mrs either?!?!

macjackass
28th September 2010, 01:01 PM
So it makes you angry, but doesn't make you an angry person?

Glad we cleared that up - I was starting to get a little confused.

Yes, your latent stupidity makes me angry.

So anyone who ever gets angry is an angry person?

macjackass
28th September 2010, 01:02 PM
It's all forgotten when swept under the carpet. I suppose you can't remember Greg Inglis bashing his Mrs either?!?!

Apparently he was protecting her or something like that :roll:

Peter
28th September 2010, 01:05 PM

It's forgotten when the charges are dropped or the conviction is overturned on appeal.

I see the problem here - it's not league players, it's people called Greg. Let's lock them all up!

poidda
28th September 2010, 01:13 PM
It's forgotten when the charges are dropped or the conviction is overturned on appeal.

I see the problem here - it's not league players, it's people called Greg. Let's lock them all up!

Yeah the NRL did a great job to protect the pair of them.

Peter
28th September 2010, 01:29 PM
The NRL influenced the outcome of 2 court cases? Now you're just being silly.

macjackass
28th September 2010, 01:31 PM

Are you seriously trying to say you think Bird is innocent?

poidda
28th September 2010, 01:43 PM

Yeah Inglis' Mrs changed her story all on her own. :roll:

TheTrueReview
28th September 2010, 02:22 PM
Sounds like there's too much aggro in the player ranks. What they need is a nice relaxing trip away to a resort in Coffs Harbour. :shock:

kpac
28th September 2010, 02:33 PM
Sounds like there's too much aggro in the player ranks. What they need is a nice relaxing trip away to a resort in Coffs Harbour. :shock:

There's a great 'off the record' story set in Byron Bay that make the Coffs one sound like a nursery rhyme!

It's the untold stories that disturb me - i know but a few, and i hate to think of what else hasn't been told. They're not just everyday/weekend mister-meaners, they are serious sh:t, spawn from the culture within the club/game.

mike
28th September 2010, 03:55 PM
A few individuals out of 400 NRL players f**k up and you guys are saying the sport has a problem?

Get real.

kpac
28th September 2010, 03:59 PM
Mike - would you disagree that; the culture within Rugby League is poor?

macjackass
28th September 2010, 04:04 PM
Mason
Carney
Thurston
Lui
Friend
Bird
Shillington
Myles
Seymour
Inglis

They were what i could remember in a minute or two.

poidda
28th September 2010, 04:07 PM
A few individuals out of 400 NRL players f**k up and you guys are saying the sport has a problem?

Get real.

So in the last 18 months, here's a list. Coaching staff and ex players have been excluded. If by a few you mean 40 or 10% than I see your point. And that's counting the full squads of 25.

1. Canberra Raiders star Todd Carney went on a rampage in Goulburn, damaging property, jumping on a car bonnet and damaging the entrance to a Fone Zone store. He received a 12 month suspended jail sentence, was ordered to undertake alcohol counselling, and was banned from the local Government area for 12 months.[105]
2. Anthony Watmough was accused by a Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles sponsor of punching him and harassing his daughter in a derogatory manner at a season launch party.[106]
3. Brett Stewart was charged with sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl in the stairwell of an apartment block after a club function. A magistrate issued an apprehended violence order (AVO) against Stewart.[107]
4. Anthony Cherrington sent to anger management counselling after violently assaulting his girlfriend.[108]
5. Cronulla Sharks Greg Bird was convicted of recklessly wounding his girlfriend,[109] and was later sentenced to 16 months jail with a minimum of eight months.[110] The verdict was quashed on appeal.[111]
6. Jake Friend was charged with drink driving after being caught by police in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs.[113]
7. Trevor Thurling of the Canberra Raiders was charged with drink driving after being involved in a motor vehicle accident in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs on April 9.[114]
8. Willie Mason was fined $2,000 by Sydney Roosters after being photographed urinating in a public place.[115]
9. Cronulla Sharks player Reni Maitua returned a positive drug sample for clenbuterol.[116]
10. Cronulla Sharks captain Paul Gallen was fined $10,000 for using a racial slur against Tongan St George Illawarra forward Mickey Paea.[117] Gallen subsequently apologised and resigned from the club captaincy.[118]
11. Melbourne Storm players Brett Finch and Cooper Cronk were each fined $5,000 by the club for urinating in public.[119]
12. Joel Clinton was fined $50,000 for breaking the Brisbane Broncos's code of conduct and inviting a woman to his hotel room in Sydney.[120]
13. Sydney Roosters' Jake Friend and Sandor Earl under investigation for allegedly assaulting a woman at a Sydney nightclub.[123]
14. Cronulla Sharks player Brett Seymour is fired by his club for another alcohol-related incident, his second such sacking following his dismissal by the Brisbane Broncos in 2006.[127]
15. Sydney Roosters coach Brad Fittler was reported in the Townsville Bulletin for drunkenly trying to gain access to the wrong hotel room while wearing only shorts. The incident occurred at the Holiday Inn in Townsville at 3am. Fittler consequently fined himself AUD $10,000 and apologised for his behaviour at a televised press conference.[128]
16. Sydney Roosters player Nate Myles was suspended for six weeks and dropped from the State of Origin team after defecating in the corridor of a luxury resort hotel whilst drunk. The club was also fined $50,000 for repeated offences.[129]
17. Cronulla Sharks player Greg Bird appeared in court charged with five counts of assault after allegedly attacking a woman in a Cronulla night club in January 2008.[130] He was subsequently cleared by the court.[131]
18. Melbourne Storm player Greg Inglis was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend.[132]
19. Sydney Roosters' Braith Anasta was king hit without retaliation in a Sydney hotel.[134]
20. Sydney Roosters player Setaimata Sa was charged with assault, resisting arrest, criminal damage and failure to leave a licenced premises, after a drunken episode in a Sydney hotel.[135]
21. South Sydney Rabbitohs player David Fa'alogo and coach Jason Taylor were both fired after an altercation at an end-of-season function.[136]
22. Wests Tigers player Daine Laurie was charged with assaulting his girlfriend.[137]
23. Sydney Roosters player Stanley Waqa was charged over a knife-wielding incident in which a young woman was wounded in Sydney's east.[138]
24. Brisbane Broncos player Tonie Carroll was detained by police on Sunday 28 November following an alleged altercation with a woman, believed to be his partner.[140]
25. Cronulla Sharks' Paul Gallen was issued with a criminal infringement notice for urinating in public near the head of a drunken friend.[141]
26. Sydney Roosters' Jake Friend was arrested and charged by police following an altercation with a taxi driver.[142]
27. Newcastle Knights' Danny Wicks was charged by police in relation to drug supply offences.[143]
28. Canberra Raiders' David Shillington was arrested for drink driving after testing more than twice the legal limit.[144]
29. Sydney Roosters player Todd Carney burned a man after setting fire to his pants as a prank.[145]
30. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles players Steven Matai and Anthony Watmough were assaulted outside Matai's home.[146]
31. Melbourne Storm player Kevin Proctor was fined $400 in the Gold Coast Magistrates Court for behaving in a disorderly manner.[147]
32. Newcastle Knights player Chris Houston was suspended indefinitely and served a notice to attend court on charges of supplying ecstasy and cocaine.[148]
33. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles player Tony Williams was charged with drink driving after blowing .106, twice the legal limit.[152]
34. Penrith Panthers players Maurice Blair and Brad Tighe were given police infringement notices for failing to leave licensed premises when asked and verbally abusing police.[153]
35. Sydney Roosters player Jake Friend was arrested and charged with two counts of possessing a prescription drug (valium) without permission.[154]
36. Canberra Raiders player Josh Dugan was arrested for negligent driving and driving while disqualified.[156]
37. North Queensland Cowboys player Johnathan Thurston was arrested and charged with public nuisance after an alcohol-related matter at Brisbane's Treasury Casino.[157]
38. Wests Tigers halfback Robert Lui was charged with nine offences, including assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.[158]

PeteyD
28th September 2010, 04:11 PM
There are a few there that are having stuff done to them, not doing something dumbass.

CobraSS
28th September 2010, 04:11 PM
Mason
Carney
Thurston
Lui
Friend
Bird
Shillington
Myles
Seymour
Inglis

They were what i could remember in a minute or two.

Thaiday
Hunt
Boyd
Stewart

Jarro
28th September 2010, 04:16 PM
Mike - would you disagree that; the culture within Rugby League is poor?

As opposed to what ? The general culture amongst 20-something males in general ??

Peter
28th September 2010, 04:16 PM
You're suggesting that Watmough and Matai are responsible for being assaulted - sounds an awful lot like blaming the victim.

Or does that not matter when the victim plays rugby league?

AndyP
28th September 2010, 04:20 PM
Nice work ignoring the other 36 in the list, Peter, by focusing on the two that Poid got wrong.

Jarro
28th September 2010, 04:21 PM
Nice work ignoring the other 36 in the list, Peter, by focusing on the two that Poid got wrong.

troll

Peter
28th September 2010, 04:22 PM
It's disappointing that this crusade by poidda and his little sidekick isn't a fishing expedition.

PerryGroves
28th September 2010, 04:22 PM
They gotta go hard to lift the mantle as the sport with the biggest tools when the AFL can present their holy triumvirate Ablett Snr, Carey and Cousins.

Sydney Hacker
28th September 2010, 04:24 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/afl-miscreants-lay-claim-to-sports-most-dubious-honour-20100918-15h2k.html

Mind you that "research" may have changed over the last couple of days :)

AndyP
28th September 2010, 04:25 PM
They gotta go hard to lift the mantle as the sport with the biggest tools when the AFL can present their holy triumvirate Ablett Snr, Carey and Cousins.
More deflection to other sports. Well played sir. Poidda is a soccer man, by the way.

Peter
28th September 2010, 04:28 PM
AndyP,

What punishment should apply to a person that is assaulted? What about someone who is charged with an offense but found not guilty? Should people lose ther jobs for drink-driving or urinating in public?

macjackass
28th September 2010, 04:28 PM
It's disappointing that this crusade by poidda and his little sidekick isn't a fishing expedition.

You are seriously dumb as dog shit.

PerryGroves
28th September 2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by PerryGroves

More deflection to other sports. Well played sir. Poidda is a soccer man, by the way.
Took a chance, got nothing on Aussie soccer and the Victorians at work are killing me with AFL dribble :)

Sydney Hacker
28th September 2010, 04:30 PM
Took a chance, got nothing on Aussie soccer and the Victorians at work are killing me with AFL dribble :)

Aussie soccer doesn't make the papers here remember... the can do whatever they like and it is unlikely to make too many papers, except of course for the Sydney FC player charged with playing with the underage girl!

PeteyD
28th September 2010, 04:32 PM
Seems most of the issues are related to Alcohol. If quality television at 6:30 pm is to be believed that could be a reflection on society as it is at the moment, more than just the sport in general.

I do not like lists made like this when there is no conviction / charges proved. We do have the idea of innocent until proven guilty.

AndyP
28th September 2010, 04:33 PM
AndyP,

What punishment should apply to a person that is assaulted? You are being silly, and my comment didn't say there should be.

Should people lose ther jobs for drink-driving or urinating in public?It depends on the job and what is in their contracts. I may very well have lost my job for those offences.

macjackass
28th September 2010, 04:33 PM

Yes, Fittler, A Johns and Dale Shearer are all shining lights in the community.

PerryGroves
28th September 2010, 04:36 PM
Yes, Fittler, A Johns and Dale Shearer are all shining lights in the community.

Where did I say that?

macjackass
28th September 2010, 04:39 PM
Where did I say that?

If you want to start a thread about afl deadbeats, Carey and Ablett snr would surely make the list, as would quite a few others. This thread is about the many many deadshits in the nrl.

jaybam
28th September 2010, 04:39 PM
To everyone taking part in this thread today i thankyou for keeping my work day enjoyable :)

poidda
28th September 2010, 04:41 PM

Blame wiki. I just cut/paste
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_off-field_incidents_involving_rugby_league_players

Strange that there's a whole wiki page dedicated to it though. :)

macjackass
To everyone taking part in this thread today i thankyou for keeping my work day enjoyable :)

No problemo jaybam.

PerryGroves
If you want to start a thread about afl deadbeats, Carey and Ablett snr would surely make the list, as would quite a few others. This thread is about the many many deadshits in the nrl.

No, it's a claim that there are more deadshits in the NRL than any other sport and by virtue of supporting the game you somehow are exacerbating the problem. I disagree.

Yossarian
28th September 2010, 04:43 PM
I wonder what ziggy thought of the NRL.

poidda
28th September 2010, 04:46 PM
I do not like lists made like this when there is no conviction / charges proved. We do have the idea of innocent until proven guilty.

This thread isn't about those that are charged, but later got away with it because they miraculously were found innocent. It's solely a thread to highlight the percentage of dead shits that play the wonderful game of Thugby League. Simple. :)

macjackass
28th September 2010, 04:46 PM
No, it's a claim that there are more deadshits in the NRL than any other sport and by virtue of supporting the game you somehow are exacerbating the problem. I disagree.

What message does your continued support send then?

PeteyD
28th September 2010, 04:47 PM
Interesting. The Aussie Rules list is more comprehensive. I wonder how much fun an NFL list would be.

We can start with Ray Lewis and Michael Vick.

macjackass
28th September 2010, 04:47 PM
I wonder what ziggy thought of the NRL.

His brother would have loved it!

PeteyD
28th September 2010, 04:48 PM
This thread isn't about those that are charged, but later got away with it because they miraculously were found innocent. It's solely a thread to highlight the percentage of dead shits that play the wonderful game of Thugby League. Simple. :)

Yes. But I still have issues with it, but not just in the rugby league context.

poidda
28th September 2010, 04:50 PM

Any time. It's always entertaining to listen to people justify pack rape and wife beating. ;)

Until next NRL headline or in some eyes "media blow up"....... I'm sure it'll only be a matter of days.

Peter
28th September 2010, 04:51 PM
You are seriously dumb as dog shit.

Coming from you, that really hurts my feelings.

PerryGroves
28th September 2010, 04:53 PM
What message does your continued support send then?

I think I have done the full circle, if I reject your original premise then it is ludicrous to argue with the assumptions you make after that. OUT

Peter
28th September 2010, 04:54 PM
Poidda,

I notice a few football players overseas (and one here) have been caught fiddling with underage kiddies and raping girls - how can you condone this disgusting behaviour?

macjackass
28th September 2010, 04:55 PM
Coming from you, that really hurts my feelings.

It took you that long to come back with that.....

You must be a roosters supporter.

Peter
28th September 2010, 04:56 PM
I think I have done the full circle, if I reject your original premise then it is ludicrous to argue with the assumptions you make after that. OUT

Good riddance - your logic does not belong here!

poidda
28th September 2010, 04:57 PM
Aussie soccer doesn't make the papers here remember... the can do whatever they like and it is unlikely to make too many papers, except of course for the Sydney FC player charged with playing with the underage girl!

Yeah this one off incident was a shocker I agree. 19 year old at the time, he was reported by a 13 year. The difference is, he was suspended from all Football in Australia by the FFA until the court case was concluded. In the end the charges were dropped as the girl had told him she was 16.

Peter
28th September 2010, 04:59 PM
So the FFA bullied her into changing her story? Disgraceful stuff.

poidda
28th September 2010, 05:03 PM
Poidda,

I notice a few football players overseas (and one here) have been caught fiddling with underage kiddies and raping girls - how can you condone this disgusting behaviour?

I don't. It's disgraceful. And I'd be the first to stop supporting it if it was a major problem. But as it's pointed out, there's a few bad eggs every where. The difference is, it aint 10-20%. If you can list 40 incidences over the past 18 months from footballers around the globe I will be interested. Feel free to use all levels of footballs in the entire 200 playing nations and see how you go. Obviously you've got hundreds of thousands to chose from instead of the 400 here in two states.

Peter
28th September 2010, 05:27 PM
Is 10% the magic number where it goes from being ok to not ok?

Eag's
28th September 2010, 05:32 PM
Yes... I am a fan of League. No... I don't condone the off field behaviour of some players in the NRL. There is no doubt something has to be done to curb this kind of behaviour as I am sure fans and the public in general have had a gutful. In saying that, League is not the only code having these problems, it's not hard to find players from any code making the headlines for all the wrong reasons.
So what is the solution, education doesn't seem to be working, will harsher penalties work... as in contracts torn up on the spot?
I am keen to hear from the followers of other codes what should be done to stamp out this kind of behaviour?

macjackass
28th September 2010, 05:32 PM
Is 10% the magic number where it goes from being ok to not ok?

I can't work out if you're genuinely stupid or you like baiting. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just a wanker. A few bad eggs here and there is nothing like one in ten being a dickhead.

macjackass
28th September 2010, 05:34 PM
Yes... I am a fan of League. No... I don't condone the off field behaviour of some players in the NRL. There is no doubt something has to be done to curb this kind of behaviour as I am sure fans and the public in general have had a gutful. In saying that, League is not the only code having these problems, it's not hard to find players from any code making the headlines for all the wrong reasons.
So what is the solution, education doesn't seem to be working, will harsher penalties work... as in contracts torn up on the spot?
I am keen to hear from the followers of other codes what should be done to stamp out this kind of behaviour?

Good post Eag's. Contracts need to be torn up for repeat offenders/serious offences.

Dcanto
28th September 2010, 05:37 PM

+1

jaybam
28th September 2010, 05:40 PM
But really what good does tearing up the contract do when another club just resigns them??? Ok i will get shot for this one but Wendel Sailor. Guilty of cocaine i believe. Gets a ban but still played rugby league last year. Bans for these sorts of things should be for life.

macjackass
28th September 2010, 05:42 PM
But really what good does tearing up the contract do when another club just resigns them??? Ok i will get shot for this one but Wendel Sailor. Guilty of cocaine i believe. Gets a ban but still played rugby league last year. Bans for these sorts of things should be for life.

Doing coke is ok in the afl, jaybam :lol:

At least they don't go home and punch on with the missus afterwards.

Sydney Hacker
28th September 2010, 05:47 PM
What course of action to take is a very hard thing to come up with.

Ban them for life ? What about everyone doing coke who is a doctor/lawyer/nurse/cop ? Should they lose their jobs for doing such things ?

I can understand where people are saying kids idiolise these sports stars, but should that mean they are held account at a higher level then others in society ? And that is for all codes not just league.

For things like wife bashing etc. if they are found guilty of course they should be booted out for good. But if you boot them out and they are found not guilty in the courts you open yourself up for massive legal action. If I was sacked over supposedly doing something and then found not guilty in a court (not the court of public opinion) I know where my first stop would be!

Sydney Hacker
28th September 2010, 05:48 PM

No they just lie there next to someone who is OD'ing ???

poidda
28th September 2010, 05:49 PM
Nice one Eags. Finally a league supporter that sees there's an issue. I say tear up their contracts. From the entire league and not just a club. But it goes higher than that. The culture is set by the administrators. To have some one like Andrew Johns admit he used drugs the the majority of his career, and still be involved with the game sets the standards IMO. Why hasn't your code sent him packing out the door never to make a cent from the game again? Why put up with wankers like this when there's 100s of others waiting in line?!?!

Yossarian
28th September 2010, 05:51 PM

Ashley Sampi, Farmer, was it Bock from adelaide? Colin Slyvia, Heath Scotland,

macjackass
28th September 2010, 05:53 PM
Ashley Sampi, Farmer, was it Bock from adelaide? Colin Slyvia, Heath Scotland,

They all did coke and beat their partners? Sampi would have been on it, he played for the eagles.

Yossarian
28th September 2010, 05:57 PM
They all did coke and beat their partners? Sampi would have been on it, he played for the eagles.

Cause Hawthorn doesn't have a drug problem :D

Just pointing out that plenty of AFL players have beaten up women. AFL has huge issues as well, they seem to deal with it a bit better for the most part.

TheNuclearOne
28th September 2010, 05:58 PM

You're wording. especially in the first sentence almost makes me feel like there's a bit of bias and unconditional disdain at play :lol:

macjackass
28th September 2010, 06:00 PM
Cause Hawthorn doesn't have a drug problem :D

Just pointing out that plenty of AFL players have beaten up women. AFL has huge issues as well, they seem to deal with it a bit better for the most part.

Touche, don't know that the hawks is as bad as yours used to be :lol:

You are dead right, AFL has issues for sure. Not nearly as many and not nearly as serious for mine, though.

Ned
28th September 2010, 06:00 PM
Good post Eag's. Contracts need to be torn up for repeat offenders/serious offences.

Then the player deregistered and outed for a minimum of 2 years!

Sydney Hacker
28th September 2010, 06:03 PM
Nice one Eags. Finally a league supporter that sees there's an issue. I say tear up their contracts. From the entire league and not just a club. But it goes higher than that. The culture is set by the administrators. To have some one like Andrew Johns admit he used drugs the the majority of his career, and still be involved with the game sets the standards IMO. Why hasn't your code sent him packing out the door never to make a cent from the game again? Why put up with wankers like this when there's 100s of others waiting in line?!?!

I would think there is plenty, if not the majority, of league followers who sees there is an issue. What most people are burring up at is the insinuation that it is restricted to league players/followers only.

But then again they may only be taking that way because the leaguies do do it more then others....:smt108

mike
28th September 2010, 06:47 PM
Lui, if guilty, should be rubbed out.

AFL players aren't angels.

I love rugby league. I've followed it for 35 years. It's a great game, as is AFL.

AFL vs NRL arguments are a wank. Nobody wins.

I'm on a high this week, I've followed a team for 28 years with not one premiership in that time, and there's a good chance my beloved St George Illawarra Dragons are going to finally come good. I don't want to read this bullshit anymore. This is the first thread i've ever put n ignore.

Go St Kilda and go Dragons !!!!