PDA

View Full Version : Kee

Onewood
22nd January 2005, 02:54 PM
Took this today of Kee's swing 8)

mov00478.mpg (http://www.zippyvideos.com/1641072667054.html)

Ona
22nd January 2005, 03:24 PM
Kee i'd like to hear in your words what your working on and how your going about it.

Trung
22nd January 2005, 05:16 PM
Kee.... much better than the last time I saw you mate.

Whats with the white legs mate? :lol:

Fishman Dan
22nd January 2005, 05:17 PM
My early thoughts is that you have to work on keeping your entire body still, but then i realised it was the shoddy camera-work ;)

Jarro
22nd January 2005, 05:44 PM
getting better all the time mate .. keep up the good work 8)

Kee
22nd January 2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks for putting my swing up Onewood :D .

Well, its always interesting to see one's own swing :shock: :-s .

Ona, at the moment, I've only still had the one lesson out of the mapped out 5 or 6 lessons with my teaching pro. So I'm working on:

1) Setup. Trying to get more upright and head behind the ball not over it.
2) Drill to get me feeling the impact position more, and try to get rid of me topping the ball.
3) Trying to get the feeling of moving back and forth through the swing to eliminate a reverse pivot.

To tell you the truth, I have no idea if I'm succeeding in doing any of this, but I do feel that I'm hitting the ball a little better now then before I had the lesson.

I'm surprised to see how low I'm bending. In my mind's eye, I'm fairly upright, but how different things are in reality.

Trung :lol: Yeah, I used to be called the "Polar Bear" because I'm very fair for an Asian. I never realised it was that white :shock: . Time to find some instant tan :lol: . I'm going to have to wear long pants for tomorrow's game at Toowoomba now :wink:

Onewood
22nd January 2005, 06:10 PM
My early thoughts is that you have to work on keeping your entire body still, but then i realised it was the shoddy camera-work ;)

:D Andylo must have taken that one :wink: :D

Trung
22nd January 2005, 06:18 PM

Onewood at his best.. :lol:

PS. Carbrook GC last year... If it wasn't for Onewood, we would have been lost after 2 holes :twisted:

Jarro
22nd January 2005, 06:26 PM

Onewood at his best.. :lol:

PS. Carbrook GC last year... If it wasn't for Onewood, we would have been lost after 2 holes :twisted:

.. next thing you'll be telling everyone that you showed us the way to go as well mate :roll: :P

Trung
22nd January 2005, 06:36 PM
I can't dig myself a hole big enough to hide from Onewood if I do that. 8)

Ona
22nd January 2005, 07:32 PM
trying to hit the inside back of the ball?

Onewood
22nd January 2005, 07:35 PM
trying to hit the inside back of the ball?

I like this thought 8) the feeling of hitting it to right field...

Jono
22nd January 2005, 07:52 PM
Nice swing, Kee. The reason you are topping the ball may be that your are hanging back on your right foot a bit through impact. If you look at the two frames after impact, your right foot is still flat on the ground. This means your weight hasn't shifted and thus the bottom of your swing arc will tend to fall behind the ball. So you either get a topped shot or a fat shot.

Onewood, do you want to borrow my tripod? :wink:

Is there anyway to download the files from the zippy video site? That way, I can show the frames I am talking about.

Onewood
22nd January 2005, 07:59 PM
Onewood, do you want to borrow my tripod? :wink:

Is there anyway to download the files from the zippy video site? That way, I can show the frames I am talking about.

It was Saturday morning :D

PM me your email and I will send it to you

Kee
24th January 2005, 08:01 AM
Ona, sorta trying to hit the back inside of the ball, but that's not the main thing to learn at the moment. Its all just about trying to get the stance and posture right.

Thanks Jono. Yeah, I'm going to have to continue with the drill to simulate impact position when my right heel is off the ground. At the moment, if I don't top the ball I fat the ball.