PDA

View Full Version : Maxfli Ezi Drive 16*

Eag's
21st January 2005, 05:58 PM
Just picked this up today from Golfworks Aspley.
It has a Aldila Plus V2000 Stiff flex shaft and comes with a Lamkin cord grip.
Taking it down the range in a minute to test this baby out :D

I will post a report later tonight :wink:

Eag's
21st January 2005, 10:46 PM
Wow :shock: now I know why you guys love these rescue clubs so much, so bloody easy to hit.
I was able to hit nice high fades, low hooks etc... with ease. You can really manafacture shots with this club, and most shots seem to come down quite soft.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase :D

BrisVegas
21st January 2005, 10:51 PM
Wow :shock: now I know why you guys love these rescue clubs so much, so bloody easy to hit.
I was able to hit nice high fades, low hooks etc... with ease. You can really manafacture shots with this club, and most shots seem to come down quite soft.

Excellent! May you both live happily ever after. :wink:

Glad you can hit both fades and draws with it. I've heard some hybrids are good for hooks only.

davidp
21st January 2005, 11:02 PM
So, Eag's is this your fairway finder for City GC on Sunday?

Eag's
21st January 2005, 11:03 PM

Excellent! May you both live happily ever after. :wink:

Glad you can hit both fades and draws with it. I've heard some hybrids are good for hooks only.

With my old swing Dion I would probably hit lots of hooks as well, but since going to Nick Tonga at Northlakes, he has got me hitting a nice fade with everything and I am loving it :D

Ona
21st January 2005, 11:07 PM
this is in place of a 3 wood right?

what made you choose the maxfly

Eag's
21st January 2005, 11:11 PM
davidp Hope so mate :wink:

Ona never used to hit my 3wood anyway and I wanted a club that I could use in a variety of situations.

AndyP
24th January 2005, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the Ezydrive club, Eag's. :cool:

Can we have a full report from City GC as well?

Jarro
24th January 2005, 12:03 PM
glad to hear you've got a 3 wood finally mate, you really do need something like that ... can't have you hitting 3 irons off the tee all the time can we :wink:

Eag's
24th January 2005, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the Ezydrive club, Eag's. :cool:

Can we have a full report from City GC as well?

I hit it quite a few times at City with some pleasing results :D I had a bit of trouble working out how high to tee it, but once I sorted that out it was all good.

I found it very easy to hit out of the rough compared to a long iron. The club just glides through the grass with ease. I think this will be my "go to club" when the heat is on 8)

McMw
24th January 2005, 01:36 PM
eags....

have you used the TM Rescue before???
does it feel the same, or is the shaft making the maxfli better???

AndyP
24th January 2005, 01:43 PM
I had a bit of trouble working out how high to tee it, but once I sorted that out it was all good.
I find with my 22°, I need to tee it up really low or be prepared for a sky ball.
Are you teeing up low with the 16°?

Eag's
24th January 2005, 02:42 PM
eags....

have you used the TM Rescue before???
does it feel the same, or is the shaft making the maxfli better???

I have had a few hits of a TM rescue and got a very similar feel. I had the better shaft put in the Maxfli as the stock standard shaft was to soft for me :wink:

I find with my 22°, I need to tee it up really low or be prepared for a sky ball.
Are you teeing up low with the 16°?

Yep I was teeing it quite low which seemed to work fine.