PDA

View Full Version : If you were dying...

ParMaster
5th August 2009, 11:18 PM
and you were given the chance to play 1 round at the course of your choice, what would it be and why?

For me it would be Pine Valley because it's consistantly ranked no.1 in the world and the layout is awesome and it's stupidly difficult. ;)

adlo
5th August 2009, 11:28 PM
Tough question.

I'd have to say Cypress Point. It looks like the perfect combination of beauty, playability and design.

St Andrews comes to mind, but at least I know I can always pay for a game there. Cypress Point is much harder to play, that has to factor into a dying wish.

zigwah
5th August 2009, 11:29 PM
Augusta

ParMaster
5th August 2009, 11:32 PM
Care to expand on why ziggy?

I was thinking of Cypress Point aswell adlo but i have played NSW a couple of times which is a bit like CP. It's probably quite foolish to think that though.

Pine Valley would be awesome and it'd be interesting to see what an "amatuer" designer can do. (George Crump)

adlo
5th August 2009, 11:34 PM
I don't think NSW and Cypress would be too similar.

Augusta looks amazing as well, but I think a few UK courses would get the nod before Augusta. Shinnecock and NGLA also look pretty sweet.

ParMaster
5th August 2009, 11:38 PM
NSW and CP would have similar traits seeing as how they are built on relitively simillar land, by the same designer and in the same years. Some holes are very similar aswell. e.g 6th NSW - 16th CP.

Scottt
6th August 2009, 12:06 AM
I was thinking of Cypress Point aswell adlo but i have played NSW a couple of times which is a bit like CP.

NSW and CP would have similar traits seeing as how they are built on relitively simillar land, by the same designer and in the same years. Some holes are very similar aswell. e.g 6th NSW - 16th CP.

Alister MacKenzie didn't design or build the 6th at NSW (not that it's much like 16 at CPC anyway...). In fact, he is responsible for very little of what is at La Perouse today.

Other than million-dollar views, I don't think they share many traits at all.

ParMaster
6th August 2009, 12:18 AM
Ahh thats right Scottt. Apperly was the one who did the 6th wasn't he?

Scottt
6th August 2009, 12:32 AM
Google: Pup's friend :lol:

PeteyD
6th August 2009, 05:52 AM
CP. No doubt.

sms316
6th August 2009, 06:57 AM
Palm Meadows. I figure if I can't par the 1st hole there at my next attempt, I'd rather die anyway.

gazgolf1
6th August 2009, 07:09 AM
Nudgee G.C

LarryLong
6th August 2009, 07:26 AM
If I was going to die just after the game I'd play Eynesbury. I figure the six-hour round would mean that I'd get to live a little bit longer.

Failing that, I'd play the local mini-golf course and spend the rest of the allocated golf time shagging.

Captain Nemo
6th August 2009, 08:06 AM
Oz-Ellerston
Just because of the design and mistique of the place, and exclusivity.
I knew a guy who actually got a chance to play it with KP.
He has (or had back then) a fully stocked pro-shop.
The group he went up there with, when they arrived where told by the pro to go in, grab a box of whatever balls you play, then grab a driver or putter etc...
The guy i know grabbed a Scotty!

Worldwide-Augusta
Just because of when you see it on tv, its amazing!
Then when you read about it you cant comprehend how difficult it is to play.

Dotty
6th August 2009, 08:16 AM
Ellerston.

Because you'd get an extra 5 years, with an organ donation from the staff.

WBennett
6th August 2009, 08:59 AM
outstanding Dotty

Yossarian
6th August 2009, 10:38 AM
Freo public. Shit I almost died there last time.

BrisVegas
6th August 2009, 11:04 AM
Augusta National GC.

zigwah
6th August 2009, 12:07 PM
Care to expand on why ziggy?

I was thinking of Cypress Point aswell adlo but i have played NSW a couple of times which is a bit like CP. It's probably quite foolish to think that though.

Pine Valley would be awesome and it'd be interesting to see what an "amatuer" designer can do. (George Crump)

Just because it is the course i grew up watching most on telly, i think it would be a huge buzz standing on the tees, hitting into greens, bunkers or trees where i watched the greats for years.

Johnny Canuck
6th August 2009, 02:54 PM
Just because it is the course i grew up watching most on telly, i think it would be a huge buzz standing on the tees, hitting into greens, bunkers or trees and then getting kicked off after my drunk brother rolls a cart and spills an esky of jacks on amen corner.

:smt038

ParMaster
6th August 2009, 03:02 PM
PMSL JC.

dc68
6th August 2009, 03:51 PM
Augusta

Me too..... Having seen it up close there is no other thing I would rather do.

Jarro
6th August 2009, 03:54 PM
I'd say Augusta too

BrettM
6th August 2009, 04:14 PM
I've been to Augusta and Cypress Point. Augusta is nice, but other than the greens, there's not really much to the place strategically. Cypress Point has it all over Augusta.

In the US, Pine Valley, Cypress Point, Merion, Shinnecock Hills, Sand Hills, San Francisco GC, Oakmont, Friars Head and Seminole would be good starts for anyone.

bebo
6th August 2009, 04:29 PM
St Andrew old course comes to the mind - but seriously if that's the last round of golf to play, I will just go to the Playboy Golf Party!!! Wherever the course is...

henno
6th August 2009, 08:43 PM
I'd play putt-putt with a bunch of hookers.

parlyboy
6th August 2009, 09:07 PM
hmmm do you get to pick playing partners as well?

zacdullard
6th August 2009, 09:07 PM
If I had to choose 1 hole it would be the 16th at TPC Scottsdale with packed stands. Mainly to hear the cheers when I hit is to 2 feet and then the abuse when I 3 putt :)

However Augusta would be the course I would play my last round at for it's beauty and prestige.

markTHEblake
6th August 2009, 09:37 PM
Oz-Ellerston
Just because of the design and mistique of the place, and exclusivity.
I knew a guy who actually got a chance to play it with KP.

and then the staff will bring out a banquet onto the golf course, lay out a blanket, and you all sit down and have a picnic.

My freinds description of the gold course was one word - brutal.

zigwah
6th August 2009, 10:14 PM
The yank commentators would love it

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you see that? INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

zigwah
6th August 2009, 10:17 PM
I'd play putt-putt with a bunch of hookers.

Scratch the putt putt and add jelly and i'm in.