PDA

View Full Version : How much are these golf balls worth

WaldoJeffers
4th August 2009, 01:57 PM
Guys I've just walked in the front door to realise aprox. 350 golf balls allotted into three different bags in front of me. The old man has bought them home from a friend of his who lives beside a course. The bags are labeled 1, 2 & 3 and appear to be sorted as best balls in "1", second best in bag "2" and third best (which are all real old hackers) in bag "3". Now I know nothing about golf balls.. all I know is I need some. So I'd like to know how much these are approximately worth so the old man and I can pay the lad some moolah.

Bag "1" has 70 balls in it and majority are not in exceptional condition but good nick (good enough for me at that).. there are:

33 "prov balls" consisting of:
prov1: 2
pro v1 392: 9
pro v1x: 5
pro v1x 332: 17

And 38 other mixed balls.. it would be quite timesome naming them all so I'll just randomly select 10 and name them:

Callaway hx tour
nike super soft
nike one black
callaway cb1.
callaway hx2-piece
nike mojo
another callaway hx tour
callaway big bertha
another callaway cb1.
callaway hx tour 56

So that's the gist of bag "1"

Bag "2" has 163 balls. I'll randomly pick 10 or so
topfilte xl3000
wilson staff dx2 soft
wilson ultra tour titanium straight distance
bridgestone tour b330-S
titleist nxt
another topfilte xl3000
callaway ctu 30
pinnacle gold velocity
titleist nxt tour
titleist dt so lo
titleist hvc soft feel

And bag "3" has 119 balls which are just typical knock around balls with a few okay ones amongst them (just found a nxt tour in goog nick) which I'd generally just hit around the horse paddock.

So the guy hinted $150 is that a roughter? I'd get the old man to offer a lower amount but we don't know how much to pay. Any one want to wager a rough guess?

Cheers
Waldo

3oneday
4th August 2009, 02:02 PM
I reckon a good "hitaways" price is around $0.30 and less per ball. I think I paid 27 cents for 100 including post not long ago.

That would work out at $36, so maybe $150 is a steal.

WaldoJeffers
4th August 2009, 02:08 PM
Cheers 3. Like I said we have no idea on pricing so any rough estimates are sweet. I don't think the seller has much of an idea on pricing either, he originally thought the balls in bag "1" were worth 10 bucks each! :-k ( I think his son arranged all of the balls)

zigwah
4th August 2009, 03:09 PM
i bought 300 tittys mixed from squizzys golf for 70 bux delivered not long ago.

WaldoJeffers
4th August 2009, 03:15 PM
Sheesh thanks zig. That raises a little refrainment towards his $150 figure.

Hux
5th August 2009, 06:58 PM
Depends on condition. If you want and can use ProV1's changes the equation if you are a real chopper they are like feeding strawberries to hogs.
Depends on condition. Mint they will pull easy $2.50 a ball plus and go down from there. So if they are really good condition - no marks etc I would say he has $66 in ProV1's. The other have to be worth @ $1 a ball or less. The 2nd and 3rd bags....well depends on how keen you are. A lot of us here use one or two types of balls and wouldn't pay squat for them. If you need a heap of practice balls you might offer him 30-50 cents a ball. You could be reasonable and pay more for B330's, TM Red or Black TP LDP's, Nike One Black and Platinums and other premium balls.

Consider this angle - he may just be a great future source of premium balls if you do the righty now and then indicate you don't want the crap as they are practice balls but want particular types of balls.

razaar
5th August 2009, 07:24 PM
The ball contractor recovered 600 balls recently in a days work at Keperra which on his estimate was $1,000.

parlyboy
5th August 2009, 07:36 PM
The ball contractor recovered 600 balls recently in a days work at Keperra which on his estimate was $1,000.
What are we all doing working for living???
Thats good coin.

WaldoJeffers
5th August 2009, 07:41 PM
Guy wanted $180. Old man said bugger that.. give ya' $80. Ended up paying $100 for them. We'll get good use out of them. I would have been more inclined to get something more like 100 of a grade prov1/x mix for $110 delivered but anyway. We got these.. they'll be fine :)