PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 12* driver BOM 455DB etc

Pinglauncher
20th January 2005, 08:27 PM
I would really like to try a higher lofted driver around 12* - 13* maybe a BOM or 455DB Spectrum Nemesis etc in the SMT range. Anyone looking to sell something along these lines :?: :?:

Fishman Dan
20th January 2005, 08:35 PM
There's usually plenty in the womens section of any House of Golf? :?

Pinglauncher
20th January 2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks Fishman Dan, my wife is always calling me an old woman. She must be spreading the word. :lol: :lol:

Old age, bad back and slowing swing speed. I have heard of some very good distance gains from higher lofts. I would really like to try something in the component line and not too many of them in the ladies bins.

davidp
20th January 2005, 08:54 PM
Try Rok. He might have a bead on a high loft.

I know that Terence at frontiergolf.com.au was closing out his SMT heads a while back, he may still have one. You could also PM Ben or e-mail him at golfcomponents.com.au

They might have a demo that they might sell to you cheaper :?:

But, first I would see what you could do with you've got. Try 3.25" tees as Ona suggested. When I switched to them, I started getting snow on my ball. :wink:

Fishman Dan
20th January 2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks Fishman Dan, my wife is always calling me an old woman. She must be spreading the word. :lol: :lol:

Old age, bad back and slowing swing speed. I have heard of some very good distance gains from higher lofts. I would really like to try something in the component line and not too many of them in the ladies bins.

There must be something in this - played the other day with 3oneday and he's gone for the 'more lofted' (;)) option.

naragah
20th January 2005, 09:09 PM
I have an Integra soolong 12* @ 44.5" Integra I drive shaft fairly thrashed 6/10 you can have for $60 + postage

3oneday
21st January 2005, 07:34 AM
Thanks Dan, at least you didn't call me an old woman, I suppose :lol: .

I just built my Dad a 14* Wishon driver, the 915CFE (He's a lefty). 360CC but looks really big.

He plays of 13 and is 60 ish. Since he has had the driver, he has immediately lost a shot down to 12, consistently scoring between 34 and 40 points, nothing lower. Simply finding more fairways. His has a TX 90 untipped reg in it, loves it.

Depends on why you want it. I tried the higher loft because I was hoping to find more fairways, I think I will stick with it as well, just waiting for the 11* GBB 454 to arrive now 8) 8)

Pete

Fishman Dan
21st January 2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks Dan, at least you didn't call me an old woman, I suppose :lol:

Standing on the 5th (14th) tee, you were very quick to advise me that womens loft tend to start at 13* when i brought it up :lol:

Pinglauncher
21st January 2005, 12:54 PM
Naragah

Thanks for the offer of the Integra but if possible I would like to look at 455DB, Spectrum or maybe a BOM.

Chris

ben
23rd January 2005, 07:09 AM
Chris,

great idea looking at a higher loft, too many people need to satisfy their ego's using low lofted drivers and expect to get more distance, the reality is more loft (in 99% of cases) will give you more distance and straighter drives.

Roc
23rd January 2005, 07:22 AM
Hi Pinglauncher,
I have a 455 12* 48in assassin shaft for sale, its a mates and he's only wants to sell it for a 10*.
I 've got a 2nd hand great condition 12*nemisis with a iconlite shaft 48in.
Or you can have what ever you want new :lol:
Hope this helps
Mark