PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 3rd August

Eag's
4th August 2009, 12:40 PM
Played Virginia Single Stab today.
32 points 4 wipes :oops: (wiped 2 of the first 3)
The driver was off today with everything going left and in the crap.
I spent more time in the trees today than Tarzan :roll: I really have to work on my course management #-o

6 Greens
6 Fairways
32 Putts

Iain
5th August 2009, 12:59 PM
Played Royal Pines yesterday with the old man, their ez-go comp single stroke, had 48/41=89, wasn't as bad as it looks, 3 bad holes with 2 doubles and a triple on the front nine ruined any chance of a decent score. Hit some nice iron shots, finally getting a good flight on all my irons so not too disappointed with the final score.

Next game - Redcliffe on Friday.

Tex
5th August 2009, 01:11 PM
Got second at Gainsborough yesterday - best round I have played yet with 94 gross. That could have been sub 90 :-({|= (Hey you gotta have goals) except I choked bad at the water on the last and also :smt078every birdie putt (4) became a three putt (seems the only time I three putt these days).

PeteyD
5th August 2009, 01:15 PM
92/74 on the Mug at Reddy today. Played well for most of the round (6 Fairways, 5 GIR, 7 Pars, 35 putts). Had a 3 hole stretch where I was mishitting the putter (hiting near the toe) for some reason. Also hit pathetic tee shots into the water on both par 3's on the back. Pretty happy with it for the most, looking forward to Friday.

PeteyD
5th August 2009, 01:15 PM
Got second at Gainsborough yesterday - best round I have played yet with 94 gross. That could have been sub 90 :-({|= (Hey you gotta have goals) except I choked bad at the water on the last and also :smt078every birdie putt (4) became a three putt (seems the only time I three putt these days).

That 18th is a great hole.

Tex
5th August 2009, 05:22 PM
Yeh I laid up to it and then saw the guy I was playing with hit one way right - turns out you can go around DOH!](*,)

Anyway I cleared that water approach, and the green, and the bunkers and the trees behind the bunkers and landed in the water back right, last time I use my 3w from 120m out I tell ya,:-k they had me take a drop next to the cart path which I thought would never stick, but would roll back into the drink. Wrong again.... it hung on a blade of grass amongst the dirt half way down the cliff face :roll:

Eag's
5th August 2009, 05:33 PM
I see you lost 1.6 shots Tex well done :smt023

parlyboy
5th August 2009, 05:38 PM
Had sicky today and play mid week MM at Gung Lakes. 86/70 with 3 triples on back nine. Awesome.

Courty
5th August 2009, 07:28 PM
I played in the individual stableford City of Cairns single round today (the 54 hole event starts on Friday) with Haysey & Solarman. The novelty side event is that each group is given one orange ball which needs to be used by each player on a minimum of 4 holes each, and a 5th scorecard records the score each player makes while using that ball (no idea if this sort of event has a name). Obviously, if the ball is lost, you're out of the team event, but continue on with your individual stableford as usual. Anyhoo, we made a couple of 2 pointers, then a couple of 1 pointers, and then Haysey hit it in the piss. :roll:

On a personal note, I struggled a little on the first 9 and only made 15 pts (no wipes). I found another gear on the 2nd 9 (must have been the half-way sausage roll) and made 21 pts with 2 more 1 pointers, 3 birdies and 2 NTPs to finish with 36. I'm extremely pleased that I was able to recover a score after a poor front 9, and even more pleased with the fact that it is my 2nd consecutive round where I have played to my handicap.

80 gross
36 points

9 fairways
7 greens
30 putts

3 birdies
6 pars
7 bogies
2 doubles

Funny moment of the day: Solarman sledging myself, Haysey and the other member of our group (3 marker) about checking the wind direction and distance to the flag etc on a water carry par 3. The 3 of us hit the green and he dunked his in the lake. :lol:

Ned
5th August 2009, 07:33 PM
I played in the individual stableford City of Cairns single round today (the 54 hole event starts on Friday) with Haysey & Solarman. The novelty side event is that each group is given one orange ball which needs to be used by each player on a minimum of 4 holes each, and a 5th scorecard records the score each player makes while using that ball (no idea if this sort of event has a name). Obviously, if the ball is lost, you're out of the team event, but continue on with your individual stableford as usual. Anyhoo, we made a couple of 2 pointers, then a couple of 1 pointers, and then Haysey hit it in the piss. :roll:

On a personal note, I struggled a little on the first 9 and only made 15 pts (no wipes). I found another gear on the 2nd 9 (must have been the half-way sausage roll) and made 21 pts with 2 more 1 pointers, 3 birdies and 2 NTPs to finish with 36. I'm extremely pleased that I was able to recover a score after a poor front 9, and even more pleased with the fact that it is my 2nd consecutive round where I have played to my handicap.

80 gross
36 points

9 fairways
7 greens
30 putts

3 birdies
6 pars
7 bogies
2 doubles

Funny moment of the day: Solarman sledging myself, Haysey and the other member of our group (3 marker) about checking the wind direction and distance to the flag etc on a water carry par 3. The 3 of us hit the green and he dunked his in the lake. :lol:

Could have sworn Ive seen this post some where else!!! :-k

:lol:

haysey
5th August 2009, 07:50 PM
Not much to say about my golf today:roll:

Dunking that orange ball in the lake was the highlight of the round for mine

Tex
5th August 2009, 08:17 PM
I see you lost 1.6 shots Tex well done :smt023

Well thanks Eag's :D, it is nice to see it going down for a change :smt038

ParMaster
5th August 2009, 08:26 PM
Gratz tex.

Tex
5th August 2009, 08:35 PM
Thx PM :D

Ferrins
5th August 2009, 09:36 PM
Nudgee today blue tee's stableford

76 gross
38 points

4 fairways
9 greens
35 putts

12 pars
6 bogies
Couldn't make a putt all day. On the 17th par 5 went for broke and hit the green for two and 3 putted then hit the par 3 18th inside 2 metres and missed again.

One of the days that you feel like you let a good round slip through your fingers.

ParMaster
5th August 2009, 10:15 PM
Well ferrins you still have to play solid golf to break your handcap anyday. But we all have those days of "What if."

Coffs_Hacker
5th August 2009, 10:55 PM
33pts today - prob best i've played in a month too many 1ptrs (7) and a wipe.

5/11fir
10gir
40putts

razaar
6th August 2009, 09:25 AM
33pts today - prob best i've played in a month too many 1ptrs (7) and a wipe.

5/11fir
10gir
40putts
:shock:

shazza_rs
6th August 2009, 09:25 AM
Nudgee today blue tee's stableford

76 gross
38 points

4 fairways
9 greens
35 putts

12 pars
6 bogies
Couldn't make a putt all day. On the 17th par 5 went for broke and hit the green for two and 3 putted then hit the par 3 18th inside 2 metres and missed again.

One of the days that you feel like you let a good round slip through your fingers.

South course??

Ferrins
6th August 2009, 09:00 PM
South course??
Roger that. South course ist Wed is a monthly mug event. Blue tee and tougher pin placements.

Ferrins
6th August 2009, 09:13 PM
Gratz tex.
What are you going to do differently to knock of those couple of strokes?

My goal is 5
To knock off 3 strokes
1/ Not short siding
2/ Short iron approaches below the hole
3/ Discipline myself on the shorter par 4's to be more committed to the plan of attack. I find these the most difficult holes because you can hit anything from a 5 iron to driver off the tee.

Ned
6th August 2009, 09:14 PM
Gordonvale GC

Single Stroke

1 bird
FIR 5
GIR 4
Wedge Putts 23
Putts 10

Eag's
7th August 2009, 06:05 PM
Single Stab at Redcliffe today.
33 Points 17/16 (3 wipes)
Started well going par, par, birdie then followed that with wipe, wipe :oops:
Drove the ball better than Tue and hit my irons well. My Bunker play is still a big problem.

10 Greens
8 Fairways
33 Putts

henno
7th August 2009, 06:07 PM
I played with Eag's as well as AndyP and Iain.

I sucked; 5 wipes and 5 1-pointers. The rest is inconsequential after that.

Good day though, apart from the grump old prick having a go at us.

Jarro
7th August 2009, 06:13 PM

That's the thing though, Andyp isn't really that old :-s

adlo
7th August 2009, 06:15 PM
That's the thing though, Andyp isn't really that old :-s

:lol:

ParMaster
7th August 2009, 06:15 PM
haha

Eag's
7th August 2009, 06:20 PM

Yeah what a tool :roll: I was waiting for him to have another crack and he would of copped a gob full from all 4 of us. 4hr 20 mins is by no means slow

henno
7th August 2009, 06:26 PM
Not to mention they were chopping off the social tees, in a cart, and not in the comp. Wankers.

ParMaster
7th August 2009, 06:30 PM
He sounds like a nice guy. ;)

AndyP
7th August 2009, 08:10 PM
07/08/2009, Redcliffe GC, Midweek Stab Comp.

9/14 effective tee shots.
3/18 effective approaches.
4/8 up and down successes.
1/3 sand saves.
30 putts.
-------
9 pars.
9 bogeys.
Score 38-42-80 stab 21-18-39 (Par 35-36-71 ACR 70)

I had to beat my handicap again sooner or later. That’s twice in 21 months now.

I didn’t expect a score like that, but I had a good run of holes early, had a tough patch in the middle, but got the score back in the last group of holes.

My driving was steady, although those I missed seemed to be really bad. My irons were going left and right, in fact my first green in reg was with the driver. The same hole also saw the end of a streak of five consecutive one-putts, with a three-putt. The short game was travelling real well, especially the putting, which was surprising after last playing a few rounds in the NT.

Next round: Dunno again.

Courty
7th August 2009, 08:31 PM
Nice round, AndyP.

I played the first round of the City of Cairns 54 hole Classic (Fri/ Sat/ Sun) today.

I struck the ball as good as I have in ages, but unfortunately I the putts just weren't dropping, so a really good round has gone begging. Mind you, if I didn't have a quad on the 4th, I probably would have been under handicap. :roll:

82 gross
74 nett

8 fairways
10 greens
34 putts :oops:

11 pars
6 bogies
1 other (quad) :smt013

PeteyD
7th August 2009, 08:38 PM
93/75 Around Oxley in the hardly normal challenge. 6 fairways, 4 GIR. Got a bit wayward toward the end. 36 Putts. Too many doubles. Need to get my head in it's happy place for the whole round.

ddasey
7th August 2009, 08:46 PM
Need to get my head in it's happy place for the whole round.

When you find it can you let me know where it is ;)

Iain
8th August 2009, 01:53 PM
Played with Eag's, Henno and AndyP at Redcliffe yesterday. 32points. Hit my iron's great, only hit driver 3 times, hit 4 iron off every other par 4 or 5. Couldn't putt, had no idea on the pace of the greens and struggled when I got into a bunker. But hopefully that will improve with more regular play. My important stats were -

12/14 Fairways
10/18 Greens
39 Putts....

Next round, tomorrow at Gailes.

Minor_Threat
8th August 2009, 02:10 PM
Had a shocker today..

87 nett 86!

2nd Round of Champs and they had it setup hard, greens would be close to 12 - 13 on stimp.

The 1st hole summed up my day, smashed drive, wedge straight over stick, hit the back edge of green and lost ball. Take 7 (+3).

Stats:
3 lost balls
2 birdies
2 triples
2 doubles
7 greens
36 putts
2 x 3 putts.

One consolation is the new Callaway FTi is starting to kick ass, I'm loving it!

A couple of weeks till my next comp round, hopefully the course gets a bit easier! lol

Coffs_Hacker
8th August 2009, 02:14 PM
33points today. Drove the ball very nicely. Hit the green on 2 of the par 4's 1st one 8ft from the cup. Putted like a pensioner on life support. Wiped the last hole with a 5jag after being on for 1. 1st putt was about 60ft with 2tiers to go up.
11/12 fir
8gir
38putts
1bird

Courty
8th August 2009, 05:09 PM
2nd round of the City of Cairns today.

It was a tale of two halves. I had 39 (+4) with a triple on the front 9, then 47 (+10) on the back. It was very difficult going today, the wind was blowing it's ring out and the greens were rock hard and very fast. It was as exhausting a round as I think I've ever had at Cairns.

86 gross
78 nett

5 fairways
6 greens
33 putts

1 birdie
7 pars
6 bogies
3 doubles
1 other (triple)

henno
8th August 2009, 06:44 PM
Single stab at Pacific today. As per usual I was both the best and worst 20-capper you'll ever see.

33 points, 3 wipes, 3 one-pointers. Two birdies, missed an 8 footer for eagle on nine only to miss the birdie coming back. Once again a couple of shanked short irons after smoked drives (drive 3m from the creek on the par 5 18th, easy mid-iron approach, in the hole for a 7 :smt013). Could have easily been 23 points or 43. My game is like night and day, although apparently funny to watch. I had my playing partners in stitches.

Took the money at the end of the day eventhough I didn't have the highest points, as you don't need to be consistent to win at match play. :-)

Eag's
8th August 2009, 07:46 PM
Like I said Adam you are very close to putting one on the board ;)
33 Points is still solid with 3 wipes mate.

henno
8th August 2009, 07:47 PM
I know there's good golf in there... somewhere... It just so happens that there's also really, really bad golf in there! :-)

Most importantly, I am enjoying myself again. Had a ball the last two weeks despite the dodgy golf.

ParMaster
8th August 2009, 07:57 PM
Today i played horrid. 86/84...

Nothing to talk about except 4 or 5 good shots.

:(

Grunt
8th August 2009, 08:45 PM
Where did you plat today? Oatlands?

ParMaster
8th August 2009, 08:49 PM
Camden Valley in a vardon.

Grunt
8th August 2009, 08:52 PM
ohh, how was the wind? Was windy here early but nice day later in the day.

ParMaster
8th August 2009, 08:55 PM
There was barely any wind to speak of. I hit off later in the day (12:20) but the course was really unfair (thats golf though). Of the first 5 holes i had to play 4 chip and run shots to hit the green after solid drives. Had several lip outs today (6) and i finished in 4 divots. Was very very unlucky today.

I still played like crap though. ;)

Grunt
8th August 2009, 08:57 PM
So did you play like crap to get unlucky or was the fact that you were unlucky to play like crap?

As a hacker I know that most times you play like crap you are looking for excuses to lighten the fact you played like crap.

ParMaster
8th August 2009, 08:59 PM
I played like crap in general but when i hit good shots i wasn't rewarded for them.

henno
8th August 2009, 09:01 PM
As a hacker I know that most times you play like crap you are looking for excuses to lighten the fact you played like crap.

A true hacker embraces their inner crapness. I am at one with my dodgy golf at the moment. Excuses are for nancy boys.

Grunt
8th August 2009, 09:02 PM
I hear you Henno.

ParMaster
8th August 2009, 09:02 PM
Good for you. :twisted:

Johnny Canuck
8th August 2009, 09:22 PM
Ok, the past few weeks have been very average...

This week, shot 41 points for an even par 72. Despite playing off 4 and 5 for the past 3+ years, I've never had a par round or better in a comp at Kennedy Bay.

I hit three horrible tee shots. Two were nearly jugs of beer and the other was lost. Could have been even better if it weren't for them but I managed to hold things together. Just missed a 20 footer for 71 on the last.

Very happy with the results. Should I give any credit to Dr. Bob Rotella? I just started reading one of his books and then this happens! Hopefully I can carry the form over to champs in two weeks.

It was a better ball, and with my partner, we came in at 49, which I believe won the day.

As a bonus, I won $33 off a mate in a skins and a five, five and five game!

AndyP
8th August 2009, 09:25 PM
Should I give any credit to Dr. Bob Rotella? I just started reading one of his books and then this happens! Testify!!

Nice round, JC. Good luck in the your champs.

ParMaster
8th August 2009, 09:34 PM
Ok, the past few weeks have been very average...

This week, shot 41 points for an even par 72. Despite playing off 4 and 5 for the past 3+ years, I've never had a par round or better in a comp at Kennedy Bay.

I hit three horrible tee shots. Two were nearly jugs of beer and the other was lost. Could have been even better if it weren't for them but I managed to hold things together. Just missed a 20 footer for 71 on the last.

Very happy with the results. Should I give any credit to Dr. Bob Rotella? I just started reading one of his books and then this happens! Hopefully I can carry the form over to champs in two weeks.

It was a better ball, and with my partner, we came in at 49, which I believe won the day.

As a bonus, I won $33 off a mate in a skins and a five, five and five game!

Perfect game of golf there JC.

Congratulations. \\:D/

Johnny Canuck
8th August 2009, 10:05 PM
Testify!!

Nice round, JC. Good luck in the your champs.

Amazing as it is, I hardly ever picked a specific target on a lot of my shots, just aimed in the general area.

Coming up 18, I wasn't nervous, but more excited and convinced that I was going to birdie for the 71, like Bob says.

I also played 17 very agressive and got a birdie, where before Bob, I might have played it safe to stay out of trouble.

Glad I have already purchased a second Bob book which is in transit as we speak!

Thanks for the congrats guys!

Yossarian
9th August 2009, 12:49 AM
Chopper.

Nice shooting mate8) I will do similar on wednesday I'm sure.:mrgreen:

Eag's
9th August 2009, 06:59 AM
Nice shooting JC :smt038
The Dr Bob books are the shit that's for sure, might have to read mine again real soon ;)

JKA
9th August 2009, 07:47 AM
8 Aug, Mount Barker, SA

29 points

Highlights - 3 birdies
Lowlights - 3 sevens

Never a good start when you 4 putt the first. Even worse when the first putt is from 3 feet.

Always next week.

ParMaster
9th August 2009, 07:50 AM
8 Aug, Mount Barker, SA

29 points

Highlights - 3 birdies
Lowlights - 3 sevens

Never a good start when you 4 putt the first. Even worse when the first putt is from 3 feet.

Always next week.

WTF! :shock:

Care to expand on what happened? ;)

Minor_Threat
9th August 2009, 08:43 AM
Well done JC..

I have also decided to get the Dr. Bob book out! Hope it helps..

JKA
9th August 2009, 11:51 AM
WTF! :shock:

Care to expand on what happened? ;)

You're bringing back painful memories :mrgreen:. Pin was in a bitch of a position and my first putt caught the top edge throwing it down the hill 4 feet or so. Missed the one back up and then without thinking that a 6 gets me a point, one handed it and missed. Hey ho, will teach me to think about it a bit more.

PeteyD
9th August 2009, 04:52 PM
36 points around Reddy Bay today. 6 pars and 8 bogeys, 3 spastic holes. 6 Fwy, 4 Gir. 31 putts on sandy greens. Getting sick of playing solidly for 14 or 15 holes and having a couple of disasters.

Courty
9th August 2009, 05:27 PM
3rd round of the City of Cairns today.

I sprayed it a bit for the first few holes, making 3 bogies in the first 4 holes. Then I made a miraculous up & down par save followed by 2 monster birdie putts to get right back in it. I striped it for most of the rest of the round, but the weariness showed as I made soft bogies in the last few holes. Still, I'm happy to be able to play to my handicap for the 3rd time in the last 5 rounds, especially with the tough tees & pins in todays final round.

80 gross
72 nett

9 fairways
8 greens
34 putts

2 birdies
6 pars
10 bogies

ParMaster
9th August 2009, 06:23 PM
Nice solid game their Courty.

Bruce
9th August 2009, 07:33 PM
Jeckyl and Hyde day today at Sanctuary Lakes with benstone and andigold.

8 points for the first nine after starting on the 10th. 4 putted both 13 and 14 and still made a point on each which is perhaps an indicator that I was hitting the ball OK but couldn't hole anything. 4 of those 8 putts hit the hole and came out sideways. I had a great little picket fence on my card with a wipe on 17 for the gate.

Turned it around completely on the homeward 9. Made 5 pars in a row and 6 of the last 7 holes for 23 points. 31 total. I'm fairly proud of making such a big turnaround. Went out in 53 and home in 40. 13 shot turnaround.

Grunt
9th August 2009, 07:34 PM
Nice second 9 Bruce, they make you feel good don't they. I did that at Kembla Grange a few months back.

ParMaster
9th August 2009, 10:46 PM
Nice job Brucey.

kev
10th August 2009, 02:05 AM
Nice comeback Bruce!

Scottt
10th August 2009, 02:51 AM
I played in a comp at Cinque Ports today.

Bogeyed two of the first three (from 100m out in the fairway and then 30m short for two on a par five), then got going.

Turned in 38 (+2) with a birdie at the second par five, then bogeyed the 10th to be +3 after 10.

Last eight holes - eight straight 4s (six pars, one birdie, one bogey). All told, I made a four on 14 of the last 15 holes! Played the last eight holes in even par!

So I shot 75 (+3) with 10/15 fairways, 10 greens and 32 putts.

Not sure what it will get my handicap down to, probably 6.8 or 6.6 Handicap down to 6.9. Pretty massively pumped about that :D

For one of the first times, as I came down the stretch with a good round going, I never got that nervous, I just backed myself to keep playing good shots.

* Crucial bit bolded for those who hate Virge-like passages!

Captain Nemo
10th August 2009, 09:01 AM
Played in VS Par round on sat, had +1.
NTP on the 7th, 77cm, got the choccy's.
Took the Burner TP i got off 3OD out, what a beauty!
This thing rocks!
Back to the golf, missed 3 putts inside a putter length, that didnt help so could have been anything.
Qualified for our DD Cross Matchplay knockout in 7th posi, so not a bad result, lost a shot also!
Dont want to lose too many more as i'm playing in the Masters thingo up at the Goldy in october.

idgolfguy
10th August 2009, 10:41 AM
On Saturday, played the morning comp and hit like a duffer - 32 points. Went and played Chequers for the monthly medal - 78 nett. Between the two rounds, 11 doubles.

What a glutton for punishment.

adlo
10th August 2009, 10:44 AM
Nice shooting Scottt and Titleist.

idgolfguy, saving your best for Wednesday.

idgolfguy
10th August 2009, 10:58 AM
Just hit 14 now! After Pennants - too hesitant to hit ball, just blocking and steering.

BrisVegas
10th August 2009, 11:17 AM
Gailes Single Stab with the gang yesterday. 84 gross for 34 points (par 73).

11 fairways
7 GIR
29 putts

drove it pretty well and putted well for the most part, but missed a heap of greens from inside 100m which is very distasteful. Really should have shot a much better score, but until I can convert my decent ball striking into scoring I will just have to put up with it. Had 3 birdies when it clicked ok, but also made a few 1's and wipes from the middle of the fairway.... It would have been a good matchplay round!

adlo
10th August 2009, 11:23 AM
I had a hit Saturday at Wembley (Old) with Mayhem.

83/nett 69/+2

Similar to last week with a better back 9 and a slow start ( 43/40 ). However, with a huge downpour for the first 2 holes (and very wet greens), and 2 missed 4 footers on #1 & #2, I wasn't too disappointed.

The new grip on the putter looks like it will take some getting used to. 2 x 3 putts on the front 9 were very disappointing, but I rolled in 2 long birdie putts and a long par save putt after that so I was pretty happy.

The driver was not behaving very well, which sucks, because it is normally my bread and butter. Could have been a very good round.

7 fairways
8 GIR
35 putts

just
10th August 2009, 11:35 AM
I played on Sunday with Shaz, Pete and Nudgee at Nudgee. Continuing a run of very poor rounds, I think I had 26 points. Normally, I don't worry about poor rounds because I know it'll turn around and I still look forward to the next game, but for the first time, I just felt old, fat and tired at the end it, and I'm not looking forward to the next game.

On the other hand the Bobby Jones hybrids went well, I hit a couple of nice tee shots, notably 10th and 15th, with the 17*, and a couple of nice shots from the fairway with both.

Hopefully,new i15's will cheer me up.

Lucasto23
10th August 2009, 11:49 AM
Played saturday at Roayl Jindalee and had 37 points.
hit my iron's like a busted nut so happy with playing to handicapp - also missed 3 four footers which is causing a putter change shortly;)

jaybam
10th August 2009, 11:51 AM
Played saturday at Roayl Jindalee and had 37 points.
hit my iron's like a busted nut so happy with playing to handicapp - also missed 3 four footers which is causing a putter change shortly;)

Could be worse mate you could have missed four three footers :oops:

Eag's
10th August 2009, 11:53 AM
I played on Sunday with Shaz, Pete and Nudgee at Nudgee. Continuing a run of very poor rounds, I think I had 26 points. Normally, I don't worry about poor rounds because I know it'll turn around and I still look forward to the next game, but for the first time, I just felt old, fat and tired at the end it, and I'm not looking forward to the next game.

On the other hand the Bobby Jones hybrids went well, I hit a couple of nice tee shots, notably 10th and 15th, with the 17*, and a couple of nice shots from the fairway with both.

Hopefully,new i15's will cheer me up.

So are they on their way Just? Will be keen to see them in the flesh 8-)

just
10th August 2009, 12:03 PM
They release them next Monday and they will be on their way soon after. I'm getting them with the stock AWT shafts.

Pieface
10th August 2009, 12:05 PM
Hit my best round so far with the new sticks with a 49 - 11 strokes better than last weeks disaster. I have been trying to play bogey golf and started well going single, par, single, single. Got myself into trouble off the next few tees and took three doubles. Had my one bad blow up on the 8th with a triple - I managed to pitch and roll to 6" from about 50 metres out so it could have been much uglier! Finished with another single after lipping the par putt.

Got my putting under 2 per hole average which is a first and I was striking the ball pretty well, just into trouble too often with a slight pull. Looking forward to the next round!

adlo
10th August 2009, 12:06 PM
Good stuff Pieface.

Lucasto23
10th August 2009, 12:13 PM
great work pieface

Pieface
10th August 2009, 01:02 PM
Aw shucks Thanks guys.

I much prefer to be standing there thinking where do I hit it? Not can I hit it? Which has been the case in the last few weeks. Of course my execution obviously still needs a lot of work :lol:

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2009, 01:14 PM
great work p-face. you're already putting better than aldo!

hey aldo,

Tourfit's bending may have worked. I hit 14/18 greens in sat's round. one miss was by two feet from 200 out. one was because i was 3 off the tee and i birdied with the provisional. another was after a horrible tee shot on 13, I couldn't get to the green in three.

i really only missed one green and it was out of the deep rough on the left of five. i'm glad i listened to you and stuck with them.

i just need him to bend my woods. 2 tee shots of less than 70m leaves a little room for improvement!

Dr. Bob! New book arrived today. Resisting the temptation to break it out at my desk...

adlo
10th August 2009, 01:22 PM
great work p-face. you're already putting better than aldo!

hey aldo,

Tourfit's bending may have worked. I hit 14/18 greens in sat's round. one miss was by two feet from 200 out. one was because i was 3 off the tee and i birdied with the provisional. another was after a horrible tee shot on 13, I couldn't get to the green in three.

i really only missed one green and it was out of the deep rough on the left of five. i'm glad i listened to you and stuck with them.

i just need him to bend my woods. 2 tee shots of less than 70m leaves a little room for improvement!

Dr. Bob! New book arrived today. Resisting the temptation to break it out at my desk...
Sounds like the irons have settled in. Nice shooting.

Wanna lend me a Dr Bob book when you're done?

ParMaster
10th August 2009, 04:33 PM
Good shooting guys.

Johnny Canuck
10th August 2009, 04:47 PM
No worries. Just keep it mint. I'm strange with books.

I now have "Putting out..." and ".. not a game of Perfect".

AndyP
10th August 2009, 05:25 PM
henno has been given the same message with mine. To look after resale value of course.

henno
10th August 2009, 05:28 PM
henno has been given the same message with mine. To look after resale value of course.

Can you get neoprene covers for books? :-P

Is "dog-earing" pages the book equivalent of a sky mark?

Jarro
10th August 2009, 05:31 PM
Can you get neoprene covers for books? :-P

Is "dog-earing" pages the book equivalent of a sky mark?

Dog-earing would be acceptable ...

.. just don't get any sex-wee on it :shock: :roll:

kev
10th August 2009, 05:35 PM
Only dog-ear the important pages.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2692024873_4a27f0e4c4.jpg

razaar
10th August 2009, 06:19 PM
:shock:

adlo
10th August 2009, 08:07 PM

I now have "Putting out..." and ".. not a game of Perfect".

No probs mate, I am happy with that. My pet peeve is CDs. I hate it when you lend someone a CD and the booklet comes back ratty.

If I can borrow whatever one you have finished reading.