PDA

View Full Version : TM Balls

kingslayer33
31st July 2009, 05:01 PM
Anyone got any opinions on the TM family of balls. Just received a Drummond Golf email stating something like "buy a dozen get a dozen free and a glove too."

I've never tried one and usually use the Pro V1, or V1x at times. Just wondered if people rated the TP Reds or Blacks in comparison...

Tex
31st July 2009, 05:10 PM
Ditto! ?

kev
31st July 2009, 05:36 PM
House of Golf are doing the same thing.

Johnny Canuck
31st July 2009, 05:58 PM
the tm black ldp is the longest ball i have used. they're pretty good around the greens as well.

the red ldp is also a very nice ball. there was a thread kicking around discussing the merits of the two somewhere.

adlo
31st July 2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah, there seems to be some confusion about which TM ball compares to which Titleist ball.

The TP Blacks and Reds are excellent balls, and if you can pick them up cheaply, are a good buy.

I have not hit the Burner/Burner TP, but I believe the TP is a good mid price ball comparable to NXT or e5+ etc.

braddles
31st July 2009, 07:46 PM
I have been using the TP Red the last couple of weeks and really like them. I will be getting a couple of dozen on the weekend.

Johnny Canuck
31st July 2009, 09:12 PM
i prefer the reds myself, just have a nicer feel to them.

bebo
31st July 2009, 09:40 PM
TP Red LDP -> ProV1x
TP Black LDP > ProV1

Also have a look at the Burner TP, which I think should be compared to the NXT Tour but IMO it's a much better ball than any NXT family.

I have been exclusively using Black, or Burner TP on a bad day.

Both Red and Black has lower tracjectory than their counterpart's 08 version. But about the same with the 09, they also spin only just a touch less than the ProV1/ProV1x.

Burner TP has much higher launch angle in my experience

kingslayer33
31st July 2009, 09:43 PM
Both Red and Black has lower tracjectory than their counterpart's 08 version. But about the same with the 09, they also spin only just a touch less than the ProV1/ProV1x.

I like the sound of the lower trajectory. May have to get a couple of dozen to try them out properly. :lol:

3oneday
31st July 2009, 10:04 PM
I used a Burner TP LDP a couple of weeks ago, it didn't go like a rocket, but it sure as **** felt like one !

Biggest POS I've tried in a long long time.

ippissimus
1st August 2009, 12:02 AM
Guys - here's the voucher if anyone wants it.

http://www.houseofgolf.com.au/newsletter/images/TMballdeal.jpg
(http://www.houseofgolf.com.au/newsletter/images/TMballdeal.jpg)

adlo
1st August 2009, 08:46 AM
My understanding of the Black/Red comparison to Pro V's is the same as bebo.

The TP balls are not high trajectory balls, and they are pretty good in the wind.

simmsy
1st August 2009, 03:44 PM
ive been using the TP red for about 4-5 months now really happy with them.
i use the Burner TP when the greens are soft and don't need to try and hold them as much.

TheTrueReview
1st August 2009, 05:21 PM
Just picked up 2 dozen TP Black from my home course under the same deal. Apparently, TM are doing the deal all over, not just Drummond or House of Golf.

henno
1st August 2009, 05:22 PM
I used some Pro Shop credit to grab two dozen today as well. We'll see how they go.

rodders
1st August 2009, 06:31 PM
Just because I'm sure I got ripped at Golf World today, how much did everyone pay?

I got asked about quantity because I had two forms to get 4 doz. I said doesn't matter, their for my wife (who was next to me).

Paid $89.95 each plus free doz. $45 per doz is good but think top coin for each doz without offer.

Got black and reds to see how go.

henno
1st August 2009, 06:35 PM
$69 even.

rodders
1st August 2009, 06:37 PM
$69 even.

Good. I Fkn hate Golf World anyway.:evil:

TheTrueReview
1st August 2009, 06:56 PM
Henno's in the lead. I paid $79.

Tex
1st August 2009, 07:36 PM
I went with two doz Burner TP and traded the free glove on a better one (FJ) for a fiddy neat (at Drummonds). :)

kingslayer33
3rd August 2009, 01:49 PM
$69 even. I think it was $69.95 at Drummonds Hobart for the TP Red's

henno
3rd August 2009, 01:50 PM
I got the blacks, not that it makes a difference.

kingslayer33
3rd August 2009, 02:00 PM
I got the blacks, not that it makes a difference.

What have you done with the spare $0.95?

PeteyD
3rd August 2009, 02:02 PM
Blown it on beer and hookers.

henno
3rd August 2009, 02:07 PM
I used it as a down payment for the latest Taylormade driver. By the time I have enough money it'll be the R247 with FCT, MWT, VVTI, RSVP and ATM.

kingslayer33
3rd August 2009, 02:31 PM
Blown it on beer and hookers.

I was hoping Henno would say it all went on mixed lollies. And by lollies I mean lolly. I reckon you would only get 1 cobber for 95 cents these days wouldn't you?

But the R247 amused me too. What year is that scheduled for release again? Surely it will be before 2247, because the R7 came out before 2007 didn't it?

Smithy
3rd August 2009, 04:54 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the drummond voucher they can post a link to?

henno
3rd August 2009, 04:56 PM
Edit: it appears they're not the same in the fine print.

Regardless, they should have them in store. They need them to get the redemption for the second dozen from TM.

Tex
3rd August 2009, 05:06 PM
http://www.drummondclub.com/images/email/Taylormadead.pdf

You might have to be a Drummond Club Member to redeem this one...

kingslayer33
3rd August 2009, 05:08 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the drummond voucher they can post a link to?

hope this works ...

http://www.drummondclub.com/images/email/Taylormadead.pdf

kingslayer33
3rd August 2009, 05:10 PM
sorry too slow -

not sure if they actually check your name or not before they give you the discount. Pretty sure they didn't check mine Tex.

Smithy
3rd August 2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks very much, a work colleague just told me he turned up with the house of golf voucher and they let him swap it for a drummond one. I suppose a sale is a sale for drummond and taylor made probably reimburse them anyway.

Tex
3rd August 2009, 08:08 PM
sorry too slow -

not sure if they actually check your name or not before they give you the discount. Pretty sure they didn't check mine Tex.

Yeh mine checked but that particular store is like that, and they did let me get the credit for the free glove swapped to another + the 10% discount. I guess if you are not a member you might miss the discount 8)

GC
4th August 2009, 09:50 AM
But the R247 amused me too. What year is that scheduled for release again? Surely it will be before 2247, because the R7 came out before 2007 didn't it?

Knowing Taylor Made the R247 will be released within the next 5 years as well as another 2000 products!

Captain Nemo
5th August 2009, 11:18 AM
Just picked up 2 dozen TP Black from my home course under the same deal. Apparently, TM are doing the deal all over, not just Drummond or House of Golf.

For those in Sydney, Powergolf Alexandria are doing the same deal.
Dont know the prices, but knowing them, you will be paying overs!:cry:
Ive got a pro mate working there, still cant get a discount (only when one of the boss's are standing next to him!:wink:)

TheTrueReview
6th August 2009, 11:03 PM
Well it's been a week since the sale started. Any thoughts from people trying out the TM Black or Red for the first time?

oncewasagolfer
26th August 2009, 09:25 AM
can someone please post a link to the drummond club voucher again as the above arent working?

cobra
27th August 2009, 10:01 PM
can someone please post a link to the drummond club voucher again as the above arent working?

I got a doz reds and blacks for $69 @ my local pro shop
walked in and he gave me a voucher to fill out on the spot
(kids will give them to me for fathers day )
@ 34-50 a doz sensational price
Better check but i believe the promotion finishes at end of august

The deal is where ever taylormade balls are sold
also could be vouchers in the golf magazines too

oncewasagolfer
28th August 2009, 10:22 AM
printed out the HOG voucher in this thread and took it into drummonds and they did it for me your right it is an awesome price. I played 6 holes with one the other night and they seem really durable although I didnt hit a lot of wedge shots so maybe that would make a difference.

simmsy
28th August 2009, 01:03 PM
Well it's been a week since the sale started. Any thoughts from people trying out the TM Black or Red for the first time?

had been using the red's for a while before this offer but thought i would give the blacks a go.

so grabbed 2doz of the blacks played one round with it have taken them back and swapped for the reds.

no durability! i don't chew up golf balls ever. but the black yesterday was in pretty average condition after 12 holes.

the reds i can use for 2 rounds plus.

i think the reds suit me a little more though i like the firmer feel of the black especially putting but overall the red is better for me.