PDA

View Full Version : Andy Lo

andylo
20th January 2005, 11:52 AM
movie.wmv (http://www.zippyvideos.com/9237658065704.html) <----- Click here

Or

http://andrewpholden.tripod.com/OZgolf/A-Lo.wmv

Right click and download, according to AndyP (Thanks heaps AndyP)

And heaps thanks to Keza_G too... she's the professional camera technician :D

Please... give me some comment, many thanks :)

Ducky
20th January 2005, 12:26 PM
Send it to me and I will upload it to my webspace if you like, Andy.

I will PM you my e-mail address.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Edit: I see you got it worked out, nevermind.

Ducky
20th January 2005, 12:33 PM
I would like to see a video of you where you are holding back on it a little bit and aren't trying to belt the casing off the ball (as some of my criticisms may be of this and not your natural swing).

Anyway, the first thing I noticed straight away is that on your take-away (after the first few inches) you seem to be "lifting" the club (kind of like you would do on a sand shot to get a steeper decent). Does anyone else think this is the case? It could simply be the camera angle, but I always try to remember "low and slow" on the take-away and you should do the same (if you think it is a problem).

I do feel awkward giving advice on swing mechanics considering I am not a teaching professional or anything like that, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

3oneday
20th January 2005, 12:37 PM
First thing that came to mind when watching this video, with a swing like that you shouldn't be playing off 27 (compliment aloho).

Maybe next video should be chipping or putting ??

Pete

BrisVegas
20th January 2005, 12:46 PM
I haven't viewed the video, but I watched andylo hit a few last night. Technique seems pretty decent to me, certainly nothing that is worth changing at this stage. I'd agree with ducky in that Andylo swings a little too "much", ie. too hard and too far back. But the first 3/4 of the backswing looked good.

I know it gets boring, but most of us are wasting our time fine-tuning our full swings. I've almost given up making mine look "textbook". At best we might hit a couple more fairways with driver. The winners on tour average 27 putts per round, that's where the scoring improvement lies.... :wink:

Keza_G
20th January 2005, 12:52 PM
I know it gets boring, but most of us are wasting our time fine-tuning our full swings. I've almost given up making mine look "textbook". At best we might hit a couple more fairways with driver. The winners on tour average 27 putts per round, that's where the scoring improvement lies.... :wink: :shock: :shock:

But the EGO needs to be preened occassionally.... this is where we begin to "play with our swings"....
:lol: :lol:
Cheers

Keza

Fishman Dan
20th January 2005, 01:27 PM
Did you hit yourself in the back of the head with the shaft????

Ona
20th January 2005, 01:35 PM
Vegas the pro's only beat you by 4 or 5 shots?

BrisVegas
20th January 2005, 01:45 PM
Vegas the pro's only beat you by 4 or 5 shots?

No, never said that. For me (off 6 avg. 34 putts per round) I'd say the pro's would beat me by at least 10 shots. The pros would prob hit 2-3 more greens per round and still have 7 less putts than me. That's 10 shots... In other words, when they miss a green, they get up and down and when they hit a green, they make birdie half the time. 27 putts is a one-putt every second green...

Maybe I should have qualified my comment.. I think at a certain point (maybe 9-10 hcap) chasing improvements in full swing are a waste of time. Better results could be achieved by improving the short game. A 9-10 hcapers fairway and green stats wouldn't be THAT much worse than a pro's. ie. maybe 2-3 less fairways and greens... BUT, the pro's scrambling and putting figures would be way better, ie. maybe 7-8 shots a round.

just my 2 cents worth... maybe i'm totally wrong.

Kee
20th January 2005, 02:46 PM
My teaching Pro, Bryce, shot a 76 at his recent outing at Brookwater, and he had 24 putts for that round :shock: .

But he did say there are still a few shots between him an touring pros.

Ona
20th January 2005, 03:11 PM
fair nuff

I woulda thought most single figure cappers would ave. more like 32 putts, but anywhoo :twisted: :roll: :wink:

I agree that the short game is a major difference, but to me putting doesn't seem to be where it's at. read> pitching and chipping is the money, IMO.. short game wise that is.

just my two cents, i may be absolutely correct :lol:

Jarro
20th January 2005, 03:44 PM
A-Lo ... the swing with the driver looks pretty good, maybe you're just getting a little stuck on your left side during the takeaway .. but i'm no swing guru :roll:

I agree that you should probably spend a lot more time on the short game at the moment .. particularly putting... 'cos that's where any real improvement will be instantly shown on your scorecard 8)

Keep up the good work mate :wink:

Jono
20th January 2005, 05:59 PM
Andylo,

You have an athletic motion which is good. However, you look a bit impatient. Although not as obvious as your clip from Hope Island (I think), you head still comes up a lot BEFORE you reach impact. You need a more steady head and a stable center. I know it's fun to bash the ball out of the range, but first thing's first ... :wink:

andylo
20th January 2005, 10:47 PM
Andylo,

You have an athletic motion which is good. However, you look a bit impatient. Although not as obvious as your clip from Hope Island (I think), you head still comes up a lot BEFORE you reach impact. You need a more steady head and a stable center. I know it's fun to bash the ball out of the range, but first thing's first ... :wink:

Jono, how to have a more stable center? Keep the head down and swing with a slower but rythmatic tempo??

markTHEblake
20th January 2005, 11:10 PM
I think at a certain point (maybe 9-10 hcap) chasing improvements in full swing are a waste of time. Better results could be achieved by improving the short game.

Thats a really good point.

On the other hand, anyone with a bodgy swing can have a good day with their timing and hit lots of fairways and greens, and shoot great numbers, and we feel pretty good about that. but then the next round is 95.

Work on improving the swing, the low numbers dont change, but the 95's become 78's.

Jono
21st January 2005, 09:05 PM
Jono, how to have a more stable center? Keep the head down and swing with a slower but rythmatic tempo??

Andylo, if I knew the answer to your question, I'd be a swing doctor, not a medical doctor ... :wink:

My guess is that you are throwing the right side too early and running out of room. Your head comes up and you lose your posture because otherwise you'd hit the ground way behind the ball. Get the right elbow tucked into your side as you start down and feel that your right side is moving "under" ... like a side arm throw.

Jono
23rd January 2005, 07:47 PM
Andylo,

Here's an article that may help you.

http://www.golfdigest.com/instruction/index.ssf?/instruction/gd200502cook.html

Getting the right shoulder down and through should keep the head from coming up through impact. What do you think?

andylo
23rd January 2005, 08:59 PM
Hmm... poor lango understanding.... maybe after the shock knowing I lost by 1 shot or something. Mind to explain to me when we meet (possibly)

Jono, Trungy, Mandy, ALD and P-HO... I am coming to Sydney at 31/1-1/2.... WON'T be able to do a golf round but how about a little coffee shop meet??

Trung
24th January 2005, 02:41 PM
A-Lo,

Will have to let you know on the day. :D

Rgs,

Trung

andylo
7th June 2005, 10:56 PM
Update: June 2005

2005_june_driver_back.avi (http://www.zippyvideos.com/99778132378955.html)

2005_june_driver_front.avi (http://www.zippyvideos.com/51362656378985.html)

2005_june_9i_back.avi (http://www.zippyvideos.com/7349421379005.html)

2005_june_9i_front.avi (http://www.zippyvideos.com/85412860379035.html)

McMw
7th June 2005, 11:24 PM
I'm impressed!!! :D

I only saw the back driver swing, and to the naked eye, posture looks great, backswing looks great, even coming to the ball looks great...

but too aggressive after that, and I won't be surprised to hear if u fall forward a lot during ur swing....

BUT...when I slowed the swing down, u can see quite a lot of movement coming into the ball...

u start falling forward AND you stand up...causing (on the video) to cut across the ball, and tippy toe too...

and that is one very high finish!!! why???

seems like u're keen on belting the crap out of the ball...no worries there...but may I suggest u watch more of Ernie Els...and see how his tempo is the key to hitting the ball far...and he has fantastic balance...

it looks to me, that he has majority of his weight on his heel...and maybe that's something u could try out too...

but good work!!! :D

goughy
8th June 2005, 05:00 AM
One of the things I read was from j. nicholas. He said if he really wanted to belt a drive, apart from his setup changes he concentrated on taking it slower and swinging slower. In the end it produced the longer and better drives.

Nowdays I literally do that for every shot. I'm shortening my backswing and not trying to outright smash it. When I do I usually hit my longer drives anyway. And the same goes for my irons.

When I do this right my driving distance is really about the same but my accuracy increases. But I've gained almost more than 1 club extra in my iron distances.

I know it's hard but just try and swing within yourself instead of airmailing every shot and you'd be surprised.

And with the swing you've already got I'd re-afirm my thoughts that you should go out and spend a lot more time on the course than the range. It's a mile better than I saw a year ago. And I've played with plenty of 18cappers with only half your swing and never spend time with coaches or on the range. I used to be one of them.

Eag's
8th June 2005, 07:54 AM
The new swing is coming along nicley Andylo.
The swing with the driver looks far more controlled than it used to be. At least your feet are staying on the ground now :wink:

Your setup has improved as well with everything nice and square. I like the nice rythem you have with those 9 iron swings, try and stay that lose with the driver as well.

Overall big improvement mate, keep up the hard work (don't forget the short game) :smt023

Jono
22nd June 2005, 01:52 AM
Alo,

Your swing is looking much better. =D> Obviously all your hard work at the range is paying off ... Hmmm ... hard work ... range ... perhaps I should try that some time. :lol:

Keep up the good work.

miro
22nd June 2005, 08:05 AM
Andy,

A couple of comments / questions:

1. Your swing suggests a better than 27 handicap -good start.
2. Can you chip and putt?
3. Do you have lessons? If so who from? If not WHY?
4. Stop buying clubs that you don't have the game to use. (Tour series drivers and mizuno irons for instance).

If you really want to get better then senselessly beating balls every day is not the way to do it. There is an old saying:

"Pratice does not make perfect -Perfect Practice does" or as I like to say

"Go to the driving range and practice your faults".

In order to make a big step forward (which clearly you appear capable of) you need to fix the fundamental issues in your swing. This needs lessons from a GOOD pro. Once you know what to practice then feel free to hit a 1000 balls a day. At the moment you are mostly wasting your time.

Take this as a positive -you have the desire and appear to hit the ball solidly and strongly (a big positive for asians who generally are short hitters). Set yourself a goal and a plan to achieve it and et cracking!

markTHEblake
22nd June 2005, 08:19 AM
If you really want to get better then senselessly beating balls every day is not the way to do it.

Worked for Ben Hogan. He never got a lesson from anyone.

Worked for me, hit balls everyday for about 2 years and went from 36 to 5, without any formal lessons, just tips from mates every now and again.

and one more thing, Andylo is getting lessons, and practices his short game. That might be why he is improving.

andylo
22nd June 2005, 08:22 AM
Thanks for clearing it up Mark ;)

Just had another lesson lastnite.... topic: poor weight transfer. (which cause me stand up at the end of the swing) No reverse pivot... thats a good thing :lol:

miro
22nd June 2005, 08:34 AM
Mark and Andy,

It is a rare person who has the talent to do what Hogan or you (Mark) have achieved. I look at Andy's swing and the problems he has had lately(refer recent posts) and he is not going to be one of those people.

There are quite clear and significant issues with Andy's swing at present which led me to comment that he needed a "good" pro in my post.

I also practice my short game and until I changed Pro's (to Craig Parry's guy) had struggled for consistency. I thought I new what I was doing -I didn't.

Andy has a great opportunity -he is newish to the game and very commited and appears to have some natural talent. Now is the time when bad habits can become ingrained for life. If Andy has been having regular lessons for a period of time then he clearly needs a different pro. If he has just started lessons then I am ok.

Anonymous
23rd June 2005, 09:03 PM
Worked for Ben Hogan. He never got a lesson from anyone.
Mark, I can tell from your signature that you and Andylo are close (not that there's anything wrong with that!) but comparing him to Ben Hogan is stretching it.
I agree with Miro in that his practice regime and coach need reviewing. If you guys really want to help Andylo you should stop massaging him and selling him clubs and get him a good teacher.

Jono
24th June 2005, 01:14 AM
Worked for Ben Hogan.  He never got a lesson from anyone.
Mark, I can tell from your signature that you and Andylo are close (not that there's anything wrong with that!) but comparing him to Ben Hogan is stretching it.
I agree with Miro in that his practice regime and coach need reviewing. If you guys really want to help Andylo you should stop massaging him and selling him clubs and get him a good teacher.

Well, you can't compare anyone to Ben Hogan without "stretching it".  I think Mark was trying to point out that one approach to golf is "digging it out of the dirt" yourself.  

I think there is a difference between "massaging" and gentle encouragement.  I've played with Andy, and his swing now looks better. Period.  Surely that deserves some positive comments.

As to "selling him clubs", I'll let that through to the keeper.  I think negative comments without really having the background information is more harmful than any amount of encouragement.

If you have something specific and constructive you want to say about his swing, then say it.  If you posted your swing up and people started putting forth vague comments about "your practice regime and coach needs reviewing", how would you feel about that?  Would that be of any use to you?

Just think for a moment before you chuck the first stone. (pun intended)

miro
24th June 2005, 08:17 AM
Jono,

If there is one thing I strongly believe it is that no one on this board and only a very few Pros are worth listening to in regard to coaching. Suggestions from internet geniuses like us is a sure way to f..k up most peoples swings.

Jono, I have seen you play and you have a very good swing and are a very good golfer-that does note mean you have the skill or knowledge to advise others on theirs swings.

Given Andylo has been playing for some time now (and I accept you believe is swing has improved) his handicap shows no real sign of significant improvement. So Chucky (and my) comment of review Andy's coach and practice regime is I believe the best advice that can be given.

AndyP
24th June 2005, 08:41 AM
Given Andylo has been playing for some time now (and I accept you believe is swing has improved) his handicap shows no real sign of significant improvement.
I don't believe you can base improvement solely on handicap.

AGU handicap maximum is 27, so his handicap wouldn't show improvement if he was more like a 36-capper initially.
Plus there are the social rounds that don't affect the handicap.

I'm not going to make any comments on the swing, but if anything, there is a little more consistency to Andy's overall game now.

markTHEblake
24th June 2005, 08:43 AM
Mark, I can tell from your signature that you and Andylo are close

No you cant.  It means I blame AndyLo for causing all our threads to get locked.  Its always his fault, and he probably should get suspended from the forum for a month.

but comparing him to Ben Hogan is stretching it.

I didnt compare him to Ben hogan, I compared your broad comment to Ben Hogan.  Its well known that Hogan did not senselessy beat golf balls either - well not in the 2nd part of his career anyway.

I senselessy beat golf balls for a year and couldnt break 100, and then i suddenly improved.   Andy is about the same stage (about 1 year in equivelent terms) and he is making sudden improvement in the last month or so. I would have given him a handicap of about 45 when i last played with him, now he is easily ranked as a 25-30.

How long does it take golfers to get from their first game of golf to say a 18hcap?

How long did it take you?

3oneday
24th June 2005, 08:59 AM
How long does it take golfers to get from their first game of golf to say a 18hcap?possibly a very broad statement, much dependent upon a persons athletic ability, hand eye co-ordination etc. Would be a great thread to start though ??? I don't doubt the wide ranging responses, some may never get there..... or may never want to I suppose :wink:

Pete

miro
24th June 2005, 09:01 AM
[

I didnt compare him to Ben hogan

Correct you compared yourself to Ben Hogan -a big call most would think. :roll:

BrisVegas
24th June 2005, 09:35 AM
How long does it take golfers to get from their first game of golf to say a 18hcap?

Good idea for a thread.

I never got to 18. When I got my first handicap, it was 17. I'd played probably 6-12 months of very occasional, social games with my mate Paul. Finally i joined the club as a junior and handed in the first 5 comp round cards. Don't think I ever played off 16,14 or 12 either for that matter... When you're an improving junior - the good rounds can be REALLY good, so the hcap came down pretty quick.

Jono
24th June 2005, 10:44 AM
Mirro,

I guess I have seen too many negative comments on this board, especially directed at one person. All "in his best interest".

I am just voicing my opinion that some positive comments and encouragement is not a bad thing, especially on a social forum like this one. He's at least going in the right direction (handicapwise and swingwise).

Anyway, I might leave this "Save Alo" quest alone for now ... There are more important things to save ... SAVE THE WHALES! 8)

markTHEblake
24th June 2005, 02:09 PM
[

I didnt compare him to Ben hogan

Correct you compared yourself to Ben Hogan -a big call most would think. :roll:

Yep you are exactly right i did compare. Hogan needs no description and I am a 5 handicap - in other words complete crap in comparison.

As for what you are implying that is just a plain idiot thing to say.

there are scores of golfers who have improved just be grinding it out on the driving range on their own to varying degrees. I gave two (vastly) different examples.

If you really wanted to have a dig and prove your point, you could have said something like "well If you had of followed my advice to get a decent coach and lessons, then maybe you wouldnt have been stuck on the same handcap for the last 20 odd years".

Anonymous
24th June 2005, 03:17 PM
Jono

If you posted your swing up and people started putting forth vague comments about "your practice regime and coach needs reviewing", how would you feel about that? Would that be of any use to you?
Fair enough, but you also have to accept the good with the bad. You can't ask for advice and post your swing and then only want to hear the good news (though I suspect many on this forum would prefer it that way :roll: )
Anyway I hope the MP32s both improve his golf and make him feel good about his golf. Both aspects are important.
Mark

If you really wanted to have a dig and prove your point, you could have said something like "well If you had of followed my advice to get a decent coach and lessons, then maybe you wouldnt have been stuck on the same handcap for the last 20 odd years".
You may need to explain that one a bit further. It doesn't make much sense.

markTHEblake
29th July 2005, 10:04 PM
Time to get your new swing online Andylo - show us how much you have improved.

Ona
29th July 2005, 11:14 PM
but has his handicap improved. thats all that counts, right? :roll:

AndyP
30th July 2005, 06:02 AM
Time to get your new swing online Andylo - show us how much you have improved.
He may be in a slump ATM.
Someone could try and get some footage of his tantrums though. :mrgreen: :razz:

markTHEblake
30th July 2005, 12:19 PM
Someone could try and get some footage of his tantrums though. :mrgreen: :razz:

that would be great! amateur golfers on video are so funny when they do their block.

andylo
1st August 2005, 07:47 AM
Hmm... will try to get my swing up soon enough.

The tantrums... currently on fire again so you guys gotta wait.... long long time ;)

andylo
4th October 2005, 03:07 PM
Fire away guys ;)  :roll:

http://i1.zvhost.com/1/j/jx4911sq.jpg (http://www.zippyvideos.com/9951342011504846/alo_sep05_side/)

http://i1.zvhost.com/1/k/k1ed1420.jpg (http://www.zippyvideos.com/6388108251505116/alo_sept05_behind/)

andylo
4th October 2005, 03:14 PM
AP is working very hard on the shot from behind at the moment. So big thanks to him.

I hate my stance, and I hate how my left leg comes to right when I start my up swing.

I also hate where my club points to when I am on top of my swing! Not sure if it's the angle of the video taken or what. I keep checking it after seen the video but it seems pointing to the right direction.

Maybe my head need to up a bit more too!

miro
4th October 2005, 03:15 PM
Alo,

Boy are you a popular boy -I try to look at your swing video and this is the message.

"Our server is currently under heavy load please refresh the page in few minutes. Thank You!" :shock:

Trung
4th October 2005, 03:16 PM
Miro, same here :lol:

miro
4th October 2005, 03:18 PM
AP is working very hard on the shot from behind at the moment.

Ummm Alo, for AP's sake you might wish to rephase this! :shock: :lol: :shock:

AndyP
4th October 2005, 03:20 PM
AP is working very hard on the shot from behind at the moment. So big thanks to him.
Please, please, please reword this.   :lol:

edit: Damn, I see miro beat me to it.

Would that be the money shot? :smt078

Jarro
4th October 2005, 03:25 PM
AP is working very hard on the shot from behind at the moment.

:smt082 :smt081 :smt104 :smt044 :smt016 :smt078 :smt107 :smt119 :smt090

Trung
4th October 2005, 03:31 PM
AP & A-Lo... what is this from behind shot business? :-k  =D>

andylo
4th October 2005, 03:32 PM
Com'on guys... don't think too much :!:

All videos up.... shot away.

http://i1.zvhost.com/1/j/jx4911sq.jpg (http://www.zippyvideos.com/9951342011504846/alo_sep05_side/)

http://i1.zvhost.com/1/k/k1ed1420.jpg (http://www.zippyvideos.com/6388108251505116/alo_sept05_behind/)

AndyP
4th October 2005, 03:33 PM
Yep, just finished the shot from behind.  I'm spent. ;)

Choppa
4th October 2005, 08:03 PM
Com'on guys... don't think too much :!:

Best advice I have ever seen :wink:

jaster
4th October 2005, 08:18 PM
Bloody Zippy videos isn't working :(

AndyP
5th October 2005, 06:59 AM
Is now.

I don't know anything about swings, but Wow! That's fantastic videography. :roll:

jaster
5th October 2005, 07:05 AM
Is there any way you can upload these to somewhere I can dl them or even email them to me? Zippy lets me view it once and then thats it :x

andylo
5th October 2005, 07:23 AM
what's your email address jaster?

jaster
5th October 2005, 08:02 AM
jaster1mereel@ozemail.com.au :wink:

miro
5th October 2005, 08:43 AM
ALo,

Thats a pretty good looking swing for a 23 marker.

Miro

jaster
5th October 2005, 08:45 AM
Considering that you are relatively new to golf I can see straight away that you have had some coaching and also have been working hard. Your Posture is the best I have seen here on ozgolf and your head barely moves at all during the swing, this makes it far easier to be consistent. Your swing from the side looks good, quite simple and it is easy to see the improvements and work you have put in. Well done :smt023

I can see the following problems..

1. Taking the club too much to the inside and of course as you mentioned you are across the line at the top.

2. Your front leg collapses/sways into your rear leg, have a look at most good swings and you will see the distance between both legs stay constant, I have seen drills where some people will hit with a balloon or basketball between there legs to keep this angle. Your left knee should move towards the ball accomodating your turn and help create torque.

3. While it is far better than last year, you still look a little "mechanical" in your swing. It just doesn't flow....this is probably something that will come with experience and confidence but just thought I would mention it.

4. You have a T-shirt on, stop Hoing clubs so much and buy a polo shirt :wink: :lol:

As I stated above, for a golfer of a couple of years it all looks excellent!!! The difference between your swing today and the one I saw last year at Oxley Driving Range is huge and you should be very happy with the progress you have made.

Time to start concentrating on the short game Alo ;)

Jono
9th October 2005, 07:07 AM
Geez, Andylo. Your swing keeps on getting better. At this rate, you'll have to give me shots at the Ozgolf Champs ... 8)

On the negative side, one thing stands out for me. It's much better than before, but your head is still coming UP during the downswing. If you watch the good players, they keep their head level (or if anything, it goes DOWN) during the downswing. I think your head coming up is a result of something else. You seem to be running out of room as you swing down. Either stand further away from the ball at address, or learn to keep the right elbow bent and keep the hands close to your body as you swing down.

On the whole, your swing has improved a lot. 8)

andylo
9th October 2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks Jono. Good point :D

I just had a look at jaster's swing (the new improved one) and a few other pros...

You are right. I think I running outta room when I start my down swing which cause me to keep stand up a bit.

I will get my PRO check it out this Tuesday nite and will let you know the cause. (I suspect it's cause by your point 2)

Thanks again guys :D

Jono
9th October 2005, 05:12 PM
Alo,

I had another look at the shot from behind (the one that AP worked so hard on ... :lol: ) and I think I've found the reason why you are running out of room and coming up out of the shot.

You don't maintain the Tush Line. What's a Tush Line, you ask? It's a term used by an American pro named Brady Riggs (aka Redgoat) who is quite famous on the net. Have a look at his web site:

http://redgoat.smugmug.com/gallery/102550

From the top, your hips move away from the Tush Line and thrusts towards the ball. This is commonly seen in amateurs who want to hit the ball from the top. You quickly run out of room for your hands to swing down on, and the only way you can make room for yourself is to move UP. (otherwise, a big shank would result).

Try doing some slow motion swings without a club. You can stand against a wall so that your butt is on the wall at address. You start with both butt cheeks on the wall. At the top, your right butt cheek should press on the wall. At impact the left cheek. Anyway, try to keep some part of your butt on the wall from the start of the swing till impact. You can see how you can retain your posture better and you'll have plenty of room without coming up.

I hope all this cheek talk hasn't got AP too excited ... :twisted:

andylo
10th October 2005, 08:27 AM
OH JONO!!! You are my saviour!!! :shock: :lol: :D

Hey man!! Thanks and Thanks!! The Tush Line is a BIG BIG help!

I keep hitting toward to the club heel when I get tire and I never know why! And now I know :idea:

Tried it this morning and yes, if I do my natural swing non of my butt cheek on the wall! :wink:

I need to get into the habit of doing that and I think you just helped to save at least 5 shots outta my game!

Thanks man, many many many thanks! :D

AndyP
10th October 2005, 08:30 AM
I need to get into the habit of doing that and I think you just helped to save at least 5 shots outta my game!
5 shots?!?!? I'll believe it when I see it.

andylo
10th October 2005, 08:45 AM
You will ;)

Jarro
10th October 2005, 08:51 AM
good luck A-Lo :smt023

Jono, when can i book a lesson with you :P :lol:

jaster
10th October 2005, 09:06 AM
I think chipping and putting will save 5 shots before your tush will :roll:

Jarro
10th October 2005, 09:12 AM
spot on Jaster :smt023

3oneday
10th October 2005, 09:22 AM
I think chipping and putting will save 5 shots before your tush will :roll:I bet you his arse it won't !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, why is your arse against the wall again ??? Jarro fear ????

:P :wink:

Jarro
10th October 2005, 09:25 AM
I think chipping and putting will save 5 shots before your tush will :roll:I bet you his bum it won't !!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now, why is your bum against the wall again ??? Jarro fear ????

:P   :wink:

:smt018

keep it on topic please 3driversinoneday :P :lol:

Ona
10th October 2005, 11:32 AM
jarrofear... LMFAO :smt005

Andy the arssline is good stuff, from what I've seen, you'd also benefit by starting your downswing with a small(couple of inches) hip slide, IMO.

Jono
10th October 2005, 04:55 PM
Good luck, Alo. 8)

Jono
10th October 2005, 05:56 PM
I think chipping and putting will save 5 shots before your tush will :roll:

Arss beats class any day ...  :wink:   :lol:

andylo
11th October 2005, 08:28 AM
Jono, do you know any drills can help to train myself keeping the Tush Line? I tried to do it lastnite. When I sucess the swing feel so simple and the result is close to perfect. But I need some sort of "index" to let myself know I am keeping the Tush Line correctly.

Jono
11th October 2005, 06:02 PM
I suppose you could stick a shaft or an umbrella in the ground behind you where you want your left butt cheek to be at impact and try to bump it.

Sorry I can't give you a specific drill. If you have a video camera, it's pretty easy to check after each swing.

Don't get too bogged down on your butt (pun intended ... :wink: ). The tush line concept is just a useful tool to have to check that you are maintaining your posture during your swing.

Grunt
11th October 2005, 06:06 PM
After playing Camden Lakeside today, I have way more confidence in hitting full wedge shots, not sure it if was the fact that you are hard pressed to get a bad liee around the greens there or it was that I was on my game today. All I can remember that I was concetrating on was to keep the wrists a bit quieter in the swing!

peter_rs
21st October 2005, 06:51 AM
This was andys swing as of last week at the range.

http://i1.zvhost.com/1/r/r4qs7bn9.jpg (http://www.zippyvideos.com/2703487221816716/iron_b_12_10_0001/)

andylo
21st October 2005, 07:35 AM
Still can't keep the frigging Tush line! DAMN!

Trung
21st October 2005, 08:37 AM
much better swing A-LO... :D

great improvement.... :P

andylo
21st October 2005, 09:12 AM
NO my pal... there isn't!

Frigging me so stupid! I suspect my golf will just stop here and the rest of my life! :cry:

Trung
21st October 2005, 09:25 AM
swing is much more compact with control.

its not an over night job Andy... there are so many things to learn... Even I'm learning a few new things right now.. 8)

Keza_G
8th March 2006, 06:40 AM
http://i1.zvhost.com/1/k/k46k8l53.jpg (http://www.zippyvideos.com/7974331464162136/andylo/)

I hope this works .....

Cheers

Keza

andylo
8th March 2006, 08:35 AM
My swing is going backward... great :(

AndyP
8th March 2006, 08:37 AM
A-Lo, that was 2 weeks ago. I'm sure you've made 75 changes by now.

andylo
8th March 2006, 08:39 AM
No I didn't get around to :lol:

I am sure my posture look a lot better in 5 months ago then now :(

andylo
8th March 2006, 08:55 AM
I think in October I got the best looking swing....

Now it goes back to my 27 cap swing :(

How the hell does it happen?!?!?!! :cry:

Moe Norman
8th March 2006, 09:12 AM
andy the swig itself looks 'ok' you need to sort out all the movement prior to swinging it!

andylo
8th March 2006, 09:54 AM
Guess I am done... looks like I will stay like this forever :(

Iain
8th March 2006, 10:07 AM
Guess I am done... looks like I will stay like this forever :(

Gee, you're a positive individual aren't you Andy!?

It's not going to happen in a month.

andylo
8th March 2006, 10:13 AM
Well its been more than 2 years now :(

AndyP
8th March 2006, 10:13 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LADIES-LAWN-BOWLS-SET-OF-4-HENSELITE-SIZE-1_W0QQitemZ7223539468QQcategoryZ2905QQrdZ1QQcmdZVi ewItem

andylo
8th March 2006, 10:15 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LADIES-LAWN-BOWLS-SET-OF-4-HENSELITE-SIZE-1_W0QQitemZ7223539468QQcategoryZ2905QQrdZ1QQcmdZVi ewItem

Hey I can go back to any other sports I used to do damn it! :twisted:

Iain
8th March 2006, 10:15 AM
Gold!!!

3oneday
8th March 2006, 10:20 AM
crochet or croquet ????

oh, sorry, wrong thread :lol:

Moe Norman
8th March 2006, 10:27 AM
AndyP are they tour polished?

Iain
8th March 2006, 10:30 AM
What about tour weighted??

Moe Norman
8th March 2006, 10:34 AM
draw bias I believe :D

Toolish
8th March 2006, 10:48 AM
hmmm...can't get the vid to work from that location. Can anyone host it somewhere where it easy to download? Same with all the zippy hosted vids?

Ona
8th March 2006, 06:03 PM
here you go Brendan

http://216.86.155.55/videos/1/416213_0d2f5_256k.wmv

just save the thing and watch andy at your leisure :)

Toolish
8th March 2006, 09:13 PM
A-lo...what are you trying to do at setup there? Arms look stiff and unnatural, hip thrust forward, head back...what is the thought process?

Are you working with a pro, if so what have you guys been working on?

andylo
9th March 2006, 09:00 AM
Toolish, I dunno. My swing really looks like it fell apart to many pieces! :cry: I somehow feel scary to swing a golf club again :cry:

I had a lesson (actually... more like a quick fix) before the Gailes game with the pro I usually use and he addressed I was sliding my hip to my right hand side during up swing. So he makes me turn my hip instead of sliding by doing a beach ball drill. Which is the one that you tuck the ball between legs and when I turn properly the ball will drop.

Before I do this drill I was hitting EVERYTHING thin. Since doing the ball drill I was able to stay behind the ball correctly and hits more normal shots.

Jono
9th March 2006, 09:04 AM
Alo,

Stuff the swing mechanics ... The time from setting up to the ball to the actual swing has gone from 45 seconds to 15 seconds ... Huge improvement! :smt023 8)

andylo
9th March 2006, 09:08 AM
Ona, thanks too.

Grunt
9th March 2006, 09:51 AM
Alo,

Stuff the swing mechanics ... The time from setting up to the ball to the actual swing has gone from 45 seconds to 15 seconds ... Huge improvement! :smt023 8)

Wish I could get to 15 seconds in swing setup & if I do take that long I hit a horrible shot.

connico
9th March 2006, 05:06 PM
My advice would to shorten you swing, setup and stay setup stop swaying around to get into position. Get a position remember how it is and then repeat, stop trying to move into position after getting behind the ball. Keep you head down and delay looking up for a split second after you swing.

And if you wanna drop your handicap you gotta think about not hitting it long but hitting it less..less shots = small score, less shots dont come from distance they come from getting on the fairway. Maybe even take the driver out of the bag and leave the 3 wood in there till your swing gets better?

Toolish
9th March 2006, 10:13 PM
A-lo....not sure if you want advise, or how you will take it...but here goes nothing.

1. Setup: what are you doing with the spine angle there. You seem like you are trying to set up with a lot of spine angle by thrusting your hip forward (towards the target). There is no need to do this, the right hand is lower on the club than the left, this will naturally pull the right shoulder down and create all the spine angle you need. (Garry Edwin views it differently I think, but your swing is not GE style). Other than that you seem very stiff in the right arm, it can afford to bend a bit

2. Lower body looks over active to me, there is a lot of hip turn which is not required, this may be due to trying to hit the ball too far. Reduce the hip turn and the swing will shorten up, and as long as you make a good shoulder turn still you should not lose any power, but may gain accuracy and consistency. Feel like your arms pull your body around, rather than the body moving and causing the arms to follow.

3. Set your weight more to the front of the heels rather than on the balls of the feet and keep it there. You look like you are on your toes at impact, the left foot should still be flat at impact, and the heel of the right may be starting to raise up.

As always, advice off a forum is probably crap, but I hope some of it helps

brad
10th March 2006, 06:47 AM
My one and only tip I will ever give another golfer - because I don't think I should - is this, and it's a quote from my 6 yr old niece.

"Just hit the ball!" :)

Edit: Oops she's now 6

andylo
10th March 2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks Toolish :) Yes I like to have advices. As long as they are helpful instead of having a go on me ;)

Tomorrow is matchplay with sceniceo so I wouldn't fiddling my swing too much although it looks ULTRA CRAP. But I would adjust my swing according what you said and will post another swing vid here and see if I took your advice correct... when you have time ;)

Thanks

andylo
22nd March 2006, 03:03 PM
This is top of my back swing...

Please address a few thing you think its in flaw. Thanks

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6899/back5qv.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=back5qv.png)

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1771/front2mh.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=front2mh.png)

AndyP
22nd March 2006, 03:18 PM
Are your feet too close together?

dougkpga
24th April 2006, 05:30 PM
Your arms are too deep behind your body and the right hip is too high.

What is your handicap now?

How many lessons?

Are you happy with it all?

I can help but not with a bit of short written advice on a forum.