PDA

View Full Version : LOng Drive shafts

Aussielongdriver
20th January 2005, 08:42 AM
Gaman UL 540 X tipped to XX (pulled shaft)70 gram shaft $80
Graman long drive series X tipped XX(pulled shaft)75 gram shaft $80
Graman long drive series X (Brand new)$100

Accuflex Pro LD XXX (pulled shaft) $180

If someone is thinking of have a go at long drive this is a good oportunity to get some cheap shafts as they retail at more than double these prices.
All shafts will play at 50 inch LDA( 48Std)

BrisVegas
20th January 2005, 09:07 AM
ALD,

I was thinking to myself, "what on earth would I want a LD shaft for?"... Then, watching KezaG last night it seemed like a lot of fun. I have a heap of questions....

How do LD comps work?
Are they open to anyone?
Are there costs involved?
Do you need to pre-qualify?
Is there a schedule of events?
How far would you need to hit it to NOT be embarrassed?
Is 50 inches the max length?
What size club head are you allowed to use?
Are HiCor clubs allowed?
Is there a standard ball to use?

Apologies for the questions, it's just that I know very little about the sport. :oops:

Keza_G
20th January 2005, 09:44 AM
I'll see if I can answer these Brisvegas

How do LD comps work?
You pay $40 and get 6 balls to hit in a time limit of 2min 45sec into a grid 40m wide by 400m long.
Are they open to anyone?
Open Male - any male, Senior Male - 45+ male, Open Women - any women, Juniors - 14 under
Are there costs involved?
$40 for your first round then $20 every other round (you can have as many goes as you can pay for in one event)
Do you need to pre-qualify?
No, only for the National titles
Is there a schedule of events?
Not yet posted
this depends on your ego...... anything over 250 for men is ok, sorta...
Is 50 inches the max length?
Yes
What size club head are you allowed to use?
You need to check your clubs against the banned list from Long Drive America.....http://www.longdrivers.com/page?openform&page=conformingclubslist
Are HiCor clubs allowed?
No.... check the list
Is there a standard ball to use?
everyone around the world must use Pinnacle max gold these are supplied and must be kept in view at all times...

Hope this helps, any other questions ?

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
20th January 2005, 09:51 AM
this depends on your ego...... anything over 250 for men is ok, sorta...

How far would one need to hit it to make it worth one's while?
Or to get a placing in an event?
Or to qualify for national titles?
et cetera

BrisVegas
20th January 2005, 09:58 AM
I'll see if I can answer these Brisvegas

Are HiCor clubs allowed?
No.... check the list

975JVS - 7.5, 8.5, 9.5
983K - 6.5, 7.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, 11.5 (IF HCR is on face or sole, these are ILLEGAL)

Mine is a 975JVS 8.5 but it is a HCR model.... doh!

I'd hope to go a lot further than 250m using a 50 inch driver, BUT, I'm sure that 40m wide grid is tough to hit under pressure! :shock:

Be fun to try though.... :wink: 8)

Aussielongdriver
20th January 2005, 10:00 AM
Qualifying for Nationals is easy

The top 3 at each event Qualify
If the people who finish ahead you are already qualified the places roll down.

depending on conditions any where from 250 upwards is respectable

AndyP
20th January 2005, 10:28 AM
The top 3 at each event Qualify

depending on conditions any where from 250 upwards is respectable
But 250m wouldn't be enough for qualification, would it? :?

Go for it, Vegas.
Pick yourself up a SMT DB455 head from Jono (mmmm, shiny red), and one of these shafts. :smt045

Keza_G
20th January 2005, 10:32 AM
How far would one need to hit it to make it worth one's while?
this depends on the day.... sometimes all you gotta do is hit the grid for Aa place in the Open mens I would say around the 300m+ mark
Or to get a placing in an event?
See above
Or to qualify for national titles?
you need to finish in the top 3 or roll down, have a look at http://www.longdrivers.com.au/remax.htm... this should answer most questions...

Cheers

Keza

BrisVegas
20th January 2005, 10:39 AM

Go for it, Vegas.
Pick yourself up a SMT DB455 head from Jono (mmmm, shiny red), and one of these shafts. :smt045

I'm not "going for it" alone AndyP. I reckon a few of the longer hitters from ozgolf should have a go at one of these days... What about nudgee, Iain, MatthewOnewood and Terry etc... ?

I can't afford to buy the club for starters... :cry:

Keza_G
20th January 2005, 10:43 AM

Go for it, Vegas.

I'm not "going for it" alone AndyP. I reckon a few of the longer hitters from ozgolf should have a go at one of these days... What about nudgee, Iain, MatthewOnewood and Terry etc... ?

I can't afford to buy the club for starters... :cry:

You can use mine if you want...... I'll be there !!!! I'll definately let you all know when the events are on, if not for participation sake at least a bit of an ozgolf cheersquad !!!! :lol:

Cheers

keza

BrisVegas
20th January 2005, 10:47 AM
You can use mine if you want...... I'll be there !!!! I'll definately let you all know when the events are on, if not for participation sake at least a bit of an ozgolf cheersquad !!!! :lol:

I'll come along to cheer you on for sure Keza! Don't think I'll have a go unless some others from ozgolf try it as well. I don't wanna make a fool of myself without company! :lol:

Thanks for the offer of the club.

P.S. - Sorry for the threadjack ALD... :oops:

Iain
20th January 2005, 11:39 AM

I'll come along to cheer you on for sure Keza! Don't think I'll have a go unless some others from ozgolf try it as well. I don't wanna make a fool of myself without company! :lol:

Thanks for the offer of the club.

P.S. - Sorry for the threadjack ALD... :oops:

I'd have a go!!! I'd want a hit at a range first, just to see what it's like, with a club that long, just to get used to it etc

But I'll have a hit Vegas if you do!! :wink: :wink:

Iain

Choppa
20th January 2005, 11:50 AM
Just checked out that long drive site and the winner at Redlands was 305 meters........

You blokes would give that distance a nudge easy 8)
40 meter grid that far out is nice and small though ain't it.

Keza_G
20th January 2005, 11:57 AM
Just checked out that long drive site and the winner at Redlands was 305 meters........

You blokes would give that distance a nudge easy 8)
40 meter grid that far out is nice and small though ain't it.

It was a nice day that day at Redland Bay. I had 3 dislocated ribs and came 2nd.

I'd have a go!!! I'd want a hit at a range first, just to see what it's like, with a club that long, just to get used to it etc

But I'll have a hit Vegas if you do!!
:shock: :shock:
You gotta show me you can hit a ball first before I let anyone have a hit with my drivers.......... :)

Cheers

Keza

Iain
20th January 2005, 11:58 AM

But I'll have a hit Vegas if you do!!
:shock: :shock:
You gotta show me you can hit a ball first before I let anyone have a hit with my drivers.......... :)

Cheers

Keza

No Problems!!!! :wink: :smt023

BrisVegas
20th January 2005, 12:14 PM
Keza - Iain's nickname on the forum is unit because he's a big bugger. Gives the ball a fair old thumping. He won our long drive event at the North Lakes game. I trust him with my clubs and vice versa.

I appreciate your concern with lending out expensive clubs like yours to strangers. I only do it with people I know, and whom I know can afford to replace it if they break it. :wink:

Eag's
20th January 2005, 01:30 PM
Speaking of the Unit where have you been mate :?:
Been awhile since your last hit with us, off secretly practising eh :?: :wink:

Iain
20th January 2005, 01:48 PM
Speaking of the Unit where have you been mate :?:
Been awhile since your last hit with us, off secretly practising eh :?: :wink:

No mate, quite the opposite, only hit I have had lately is with Dion, Brooky and Nudgee at Willawong the other week. Before that, the last time I picked up a club was the Windaroo round with AndyP and Drunken..... :oops:

Just had a lot of sh@#e on my plate, but am playing Lakelands and going to try to get out a few times before that....

Iain

Keza_G
20th January 2005, 04:04 PM
Keza - Iain's nickname on the forum is unit because he's a big bugger. Gives the ball a fair old thumping. He won our long drive event at the North Lakes game. I trust him with my clubs and vice versa.

I appreciate your concern with lending out expensive clubs like yours to strangers. I only do it with people I know, and whom I know can afford to replace it if they break it. :wink:

I agree..... No names but my 6* already has a skymark on it :shock: :cry: ...... so after coping an earbashing from my club builder I am now cautious.....

Cheers

Keza

Roc
23rd January 2005, 07:50 AM
If you guys are really interested I can make a long drive club out of bits and you can all have a bash without the worry of damaging it, But I would like the club returned when all are done :!:
The club will not suit all but it will do the trick for swinging 50" club.
Just a thought .
Yours Mark

Ona
23rd January 2005, 11:27 AM
when you say "all", you mean all those, slightly too friendly for men, QLD'ers right?

peter_rs
14th April 2005, 12:18 PM
Mark, is the offer still there :D :lol:

goughy
16th April 2005, 05:10 AM
I've told jaster to have a run at the ld's in the past. I think he would have fun trying. Why don't some of you guys give it a go. You just never know. Since there are a few of you (nudgee, vegas) who would average 250's (and a wee bit more on some drives) what could it hurt.

I'm sure many would head out to the event to give ya's support.