PDA

View Full Version : Zimbabwe tour off

Jarro
21st May 2004, 05:08 PM
just heard on the news that the Aussies tour of Zimbabwe has finished before it even really started.

Don't know why they even went over there in the first place :?

AndyP
21st May 2004, 05:12 PM
Is that because the ICC declared that the matches would not have official test match status?

Golfgirl
21st May 2004, 05:12 PM
We had no business in going there in the first place, so I couldn't care less really... :evil:

Wonder what Fox Sports will screen in all those timeslots.... more golf?? :?

McMw
21st May 2004, 05:15 PM
Called off???

Great Decision....would have been a waste of time!!!

Jarro
21st May 2004, 05:18 PM
even accounting for the fact that most of the "rebels" had come back to the fold..... they themselves said they were quite underdone and wouldn't be able to compete at that level..

waste of time.... yep :x

AndyP
21st May 2004, 05:24 PM
http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/MAY/150903_ZIMAUS2004_21MAY2004.html

Zimbabwe officials offered to pull the pin to avoid having their test status stripped.

Jarro
21st May 2004, 05:32 PM
are they still playing the one-dayers???

AndyP
21st May 2004, 09:29 PM
are they still playing the one-dayers???
Yes they are unfortunately.

Golfgirl
21st May 2004, 09:37 PM
Like I said before - no business being there....

Oh well, I'm sure the one dayers will be more like half dayers.... :lol:

AndyP
21st May 2004, 09:41 PM
At least chucker had a good time against the weaker Zim side. :roll: :evil:

Fishman Dan
21st May 2004, 10:38 PM
just heard on the news that the Aussies tour of Zimbabwe has finished before it even really started.

Don't know why they even went over there in the first place :?

If we didn't even make it over there, Cricket Australia would have been fined massively a la England during the World Cup.

As for the Chucker - he was on the news saying that the longer the 'Western World' wanted him out, the longer he will stay on. He play two tunes, pathetic whingy, constantly being picked on to the worlds media, and to his own, strong, defiant.... let's see if he comes to Australia this tour..

Jarro
22nd May 2004, 04:27 AM
I'll bet he doesn't come to australia :x

he's a whinging little mummies boy, who will run away crying the first time somebody starts sledging him.....

.. and boy will they start sledging him :twisted:

AndyP
25th May 2004, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure that he will come to Oz either. He has always said that he won't coz of the sledging, and he is probably scared that he will not get as many wickets as he does against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

Looks like the Zimbabweans have at least been competitive in the first one dayer, although it looks like it is only their normal players that are putting in good performances.

McMw
25th May 2004, 11:28 PM
the way Streak is mouthing off....I won't be surprised if they've (whoeva thay are) placed a "price" on him.... :shock:

dc68
7th March 2008, 01:20 PM
Just like the tour to the munchers munching towelly neighbours hopefully.

CobraSS
7th March 2008, 04:26 PM
Just like the tour to the munchers munching towelly neighbours hopefully.

farrkkkkkkk me!!!! slow day at the office, today DC ? :-s

Jarro
7th March 2008, 04:29 PM
An old chestnut for sure ;)

dc68
7th March 2008, 04:30 PM
Nice bit of mining eh?