PDA

View Full Version : Putting help.

ParMaster
24th July 2009, 06:26 PM
Lately i have not been putting well at all. :shock: Especially on the shorter putts.

Anyway i've found that i'm a much better putter of R ---> L putts than L -----> R putts. Is there any reason for this?

Maybe it's because i push the ball slightly.

Thoughts?

virge666
24th July 2009, 06:40 PM
Lately i have not been putting well at all. :shock: Especially on the shorter putts.

Anyway i've found that i'm a much better putter of R ---> L putts than L -----> R putts. Is there any reason for this?

Thoughts?

it is called "Steering"

Google "Spot Putting" - best way to fix it.

sms316
24th July 2009, 07:26 PM
Every putt is a straight putt young man. It's just that at some point gravity gets a piece of the action.

Minor_Threat
24th July 2009, 07:28 PM
Every putt is a straight putt young man. It's just that at some point gravity gets a piece of the action.I would argue that gravity is acting on every putt and it is in fact slope and grain that does the most damage.. :)

sms316
24th July 2009, 07:29 PM
You know what I meant.

Minor_Threat
24th July 2009, 07:32 PM
You know what I meant.Yeah mate I do.. It made me think though!

razaar
24th July 2009, 08:35 PM

Thoughts?
Its probably the result of poor shoulder alignment in all your putts ( closed alignment). Have somebody check that your shoulders are aligned parallel to the target line.

ParMaster
24th July 2009, 09:37 PM
Ok thanks all.

Lets see how this goes tommorrow and sunday.

Mayhem
24th July 2009, 10:04 PM
Left to rights are just misunderstood by your brain that's all. I read an article in Golf Aus Mag and they talk about planning your approach to suit an easier putt. Uphill is easier to downhill and right to left is easier than left to right.

Apparently everyone finds L-R hard and has something to do with the way our brain interprets the slope.

Just give yourself R-L putts and you will be fine!! Only Tiger hits the L-R putts. (so the mag says)

Daves
25th July 2009, 09:52 AM
Or putt them left handed! Us lefties prefer L - Righters for the same reasons righties prefer R to L.