PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 17 January 2005

Bruce
18th January 2005, 05:46 PM
Snuck off early to give the new Rossa Monza a run. A quick 9 around Royal Altona Lakes.

Was 12 over after 5 after going triple, triple, triple, bogey, double. But finished par, par, bogey, par for a 48.

I am in love with the Monza. I can't believe how balanced it is and it sits perfectly square. And I nearly chipped in twice with the new LW - both lipped out. Gotta love the honeymoon.

Do you think the wife will mind if there are 4 in the bed tonight? :twisted:

Onewood
18th January 2005, 08:18 PM
Snuck off early to give the new Rossa Monza a run. A quick 9 around Royal Altona Lakes.

Was 12 over after 5 after going triple, triple, triple, bogey, double. But finished par, par, bogey, par for a 48.

I am in love with the Monza. I can't believe how balanced it is and it sits perfectly square. And I nearly chipped in twice with the new LW - both lipped out. Gotta love the honeymoon.

Do you think the wife will mind if there are 4 in the bed tonight? :twisted:

Bruce, lucky you weren’t playing stableford and the 2 chip shots stayed out, otherwise you would have gone out to try the Rossa Monza for only four holes out of the nine

Pick up for the first 3 holes :D and 2 chip ins :P , leaves four holes to putt on.

I hope the honey moon is a long one 8)

Golfgirl
18th January 2005, 08:35 PM
Do you think the wife will mind if there are 4 in the bed tonight?

Depends what you are planning I would say...... :roll:[/quote]

cazandpaul
19th January 2005, 05:16 AM
Caz and I played 18 yesterday afternoon and I finally beat her off the stick 80 - 81 - our respective pars are 71 - 73 though :oops:

Whilst I wasn't hitting driver too sweetly it did go straight and the rescue clubs were working a treat - did double 2 easy par 5's :shock:

cazandpaul
19th January 2005, 02:49 PM
A frustrating 36pts (15-21) this morning - started out poorly and hitting it decent at the end - pretty windy down here at the moment and we could do with some rain.

Onewood
19th January 2005, 04:22 PM
Gee Paul 2 post in a row....seems like your the only one out there playing at the moment :D

Jarro
19th January 2005, 07:23 PM
had an 85 at Nudgee South today.

played pretty well up 'till the 14th ... was +7 standing on the 14th tee, then went quadruple bogey,double bogey, par, double bogey, par :oops: :roll:

time to hit the range i think 8)

Eag's
19th January 2005, 08:57 PM
Bugger mate, that sounds like my kind of finish :(

McMw
20th January 2005, 12:37 AM
took out the "blast from the past" nike driver (350cc), as I was getting sick of the TM320Tour driver...

anyway...played well the first 5 holes...3 pars, 1 bogey, 1 birdie...
then finished with 4 consecutive bogeys...EXCELLENT!!! :roll:

putting (17 putts) seemed better....pushed two dollies (one for bird, one for par) tho...but lipped 3...so getting the ball to the hole is a great start...esp with a no name cheap @$$ putter... :lol:

McMw
21st January 2005, 10:34 PM
started off with a hook OOBs with my nike driver (how the heck did I ever use this driver...it's like 5 degree closed!!!)...started the first hole with a quad bogey 8....

and it didn't get any better for the rest of the round...

and just checking my scores on GameTrack...played 4 18 rounds and have had 80 84 81 and 85... OUCH!!! :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Onewood
22nd January 2005, 06:51 AM
What a quiet week on the golfing front :roll: only 7 games :shock:
Paul x 2
Mau, x 2
Jarro x 1
Caz x 1
Bruce x 1

I think we need to get out and mow the larn and pick a few weeds :D to get some BROWNIE POINTs built up :lol: :lol:

Flowergirl
22nd January 2005, 11:26 AM
I played two nine hole rounds and one 18 during the week. Nothing fantastic - pretty much playing to my handicap - which is good.
Playing in a comp tomorrow - not at my home course. I've been playing my home course a bit too much lately and so tomorrow will be a good test for me.
I'm playing with a guy who is obsessed with trying to beat me - which usually puts me off my game.( my problem - not his) But I think that this will give me a good rehearsal for pennant which starts in 6 weeks. I haven't played much matchplay - so it'll be good practise.

McMw
22nd January 2005, 11:57 PM
played the airport course this afternoon...
Jean had a great score of 97 (inc a 9), giving a nett 62 (-10)...
so guess she's ready for the charity comp next week... :wink:

I scored badly on the front nine, 7over...but played the back in reasonable nick, 3over...

drove the ball really well today...hit 3 iron off most of the short holes, and two of the par5s...missed only 2 fairways
first miss was with a 3 iron that really took a great kick down the fairway, but stopped dead under the palm tree - had to chip out left handed... :(

second was with the driver, perfect draw shot, but wind took it a bit more and that left with the ball cms away from dropping into the lake, chipped out left handed (again) and made double after 3jacking the hole.. :(

putting was really fast on those greens...but I think I've got some sort of swing back...so really looking forward to playing the capital course tomorrow... :D

Eag's
23rd January 2005, 07:31 PM
Played Toowoomba City today Shot 84
4 greens
2 Fairways :oops:
29 Putts

I was all over the place of the tee, just scrambled well.

Trung
23rd January 2005, 07:39 PM
Sat: 39 points
Sun: No golf

Onewood
23rd January 2005, 08:11 PM
Had a great day at Toowoomba today 8)

75 (with a double on the last :( ) 7 = 68

7/15 Fairways ( thought I did better than that :shock: )
10 GIR (with 3 Birds 8) )
4/5 U&D
1/3 Sand saves
29 putts 8)

Very happy with the ball striking today :)

Onewood
23rd January 2005, 08:45 PM
Double on the last....beaten on a countback....that's gotta hurt ! ](*,)

Wheres that little spewing man :D :smt022 :smt078

McMw
23rd January 2005, 11:05 PM
Capital Course: 82 :(

drove the ball well, they had the tees up forward from the tips, as they were playing the Tsunami Charity Comp all weekend...
as a result, my drive on 1 and 10 overshot the fairway (and it didn't draw too), and let me in crap posi...

course was really windy, and hit some decent drives and irons...just couldn't get anything done with the shortgame... :roll:

I take heart that at least something in my game is working...and looking forward to this weekend's Tsunami Charity Comp at the Airport Course this Sunday...

Grunt
24th January 2005, 06:52 AM
Played Mac Grange on Saturday. 32 points

Very scratchy game with some serious problems creeping into an already bad golf swing. I could hardly hit the ball off the tee with my irons!!!
:cry:
Can now really feel how out to in my swing is.

Lessons are needed badly :? Can't get them at my club now as both the Professional and the Trainee have left.
No time this week for looking but will have to find a decent teacher soon. Any recommendations in the South west area of Sydney.

Thanks

AndyP
24th January 2005, 10:35 AM
23/01/05, City GC, Toowoomba Amateur Classic

Recovered well most of the day. Up & down has been going great guns for the last couple of rounds. Still left some shots out there, as there were a few shockers. (Anyone remember my T-shot on the 1st #-o)

5/15 effective T-shots.
5/18 effective regulation approaches.
28 putts.
---
8 pars.
9 bogeys.
1 double bogey. (16th)

Score 39-43-82 nett 68 (Par 34-37-71 )

Hooray! A handicap drop. Now off 13.0.

marcel
24th January 2005, 02:40 PM
No time this week for looking but will have to find a decent teacher soon. Any recommendations in the South west area of Sydney.

Thanks

Grant,

from memory you work at the airport, why not try Mr golfgirl at Eastlakes before or after work.

Flowergirl
24th January 2005, 03:57 PM
Well done AndyP on breaking your handicap :D Who needs new clubs :wink:

I played yesterday.........started off playing steady........ended up with 31 points.....should have been.....could have been............

I had three lipouts ..........got to hate that.

Eag's
26th January 2005, 02:44 PM
Played Logan today shot 83 69 net
10 Fairways
6 Greens
31 putts

Very pleased with how the swing is going at the moment, learning to keep it in play more often :D
The only thing that let me down today was chipping, which was just terrible :oops:

senecio
26th January 2005, 08:47 PM
Funny you should say that chipping let you down Eags. I chipped in twice at the weekend, something I haven't been able to do in years.

Played a 2-ball ambrose and won it. We shot a 6-under 65 off the stick for a nett 60 (both players off 10). Next best was a nett 62. Chipped in for eagle on the par 5 8th (my drive, partners fairway wood, my chip) and then again for birdie on the par 5 16th.

Other than the chip ins I was pretty happy with how I hit it. Hard to tell in an ambrose, but it was good fun.

Ryan.