PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Greg Norman Junior Mastewrs

Onewood
23rd July 2009, 07:21 AM
Dear Mitchell

The Greg Norman Golf Foundation would like to extend a special invitation to you to participate in the Greg Norman junior masters

The gross score you returned at the recent Mackay Junior Open has gained you an invitation to compete in the 13 year and under division.

To be held at the Coolangatta and Tweed heads Golf Club, River course from Monday 14th - Thursday 17th december

We recieved this in the mail yesterday, so looks like a trip down south coming up

razaar
23rd July 2009, 07:32 AM
Congratulations Mitchell :smt038

zigwah
23rd July 2009, 08:35 AM
Well done buddy :)

markTHEblake
23rd July 2009, 09:19 AM
Congratulations Onewood. Come a few days earlier and you can get beat by me again.

jaybam
23rd July 2009, 06:54 PM
congrats

Minor_Threat
23rd July 2009, 06:57 PM
Well Done mate..

Eag's
23rd July 2009, 07:21 PM
Well done Mitchell :smt023

ParMaster
23rd July 2009, 08:05 PM
Good on him. :)

Does Greg himself go to the tournament?

Onewood
24th July 2009, 07:44 AM
Good on him. :)

Does Greg himself go to the tournament?

Greg used to come to these, depends if he's in town or not

I first went to the Master with Mathew 12 years ago, Mat was 12.

At this stage my plan would be to drive down on the friday and play Sat and Sun

Ned
24th July 2009, 07:47 AM
1W, does the GNJGF assist in costs to attend ?

Grunt
24th July 2009, 07:48 AM
Well Done Mitchell.

Onewood
24th July 2009, 08:00 AM
1W, does the GNJGF assist in costs to attend ?

No funding from the foundation, so I have been telling Mitch, he has to mow the lawns until we go :)

BrisVegas
24th July 2009, 08:04 AM
Congrats Mitchell (& Kev vicariously). Good luck in the tourney.

Ned
24th July 2009, 08:10 AM
No funding from the foundation, so I have been telling Mitch, he has to mow the lawns until we go :)

Ok,

May I suggest that you get a copy of the invitation letter, do a covering letter yourselves to:

NQ Golf Association
Your Home Club
District School Sports Coordinator
Local Services Clubs
Local member
Local Council
(These guys usually have some allocation for matters such as this and if you get a little out of all of some of them then its makes it easier for you.

Outline that he has been selected and that any assistance in support of attending would be greatly appreciated.

Support = travel, accommodation, playing shirts and caps etc

Make mention that whilst he is going as a player in his own right, he is also representing the region, club and local golfing fraternity.

And have the young fella involved in drafting the letter, good practise for a little later on in life when he starts to fire up and wants to go for State Teams and Training etc.