PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Walking

Onewood
18th January 2005, 07:31 AM
Anybody had trouble with there Kids sleep walking.

Mitchell, is a shocker.....atleast twice a night lately

Last night Shell found him in the lounge room and put him into bed with me and she went into the spare room, then at some stage he went back to his own bed :roll: the night before he was down the bottom of the stairs before Shell could get to him :roll: We just grab his shoulders and turn him around. He has no memory of it and often asks (if hes in with me) how did I get here :?

So any ideas on this.......Jono, help :D

Keza_G
18th January 2005, 07:49 AM
Hey Kev,

Both of my kids do this alot. They often play musical beds at night and never remember it the next morning. I got no solution Kev...... I'll eagerly awaiting info from any takers out there too..

Cheers

Keza

goughy
18th January 2005, 08:23 AM
I'm sure he'll stop eventually. My parents found me at our mail box once, and we lived on the second floor. Now I just snore (at least that's what I'm told. I've never heard myself snore so I don't believe it :oops: )

Fishman Dan
18th January 2005, 08:56 AM
Kev - handcuffs.

It works for the missus :twisted: :smt047

marcel
18th January 2005, 09:07 AM
Kevin,

I was a serial sleepwalker (sleeprunner even on occassions, out the front door and down the street) as a kid. Many years later it was discovered I'd had undiagnosed renal reflux which it was suggested had led to fevers and probably prompted the nightime excursions.

Eag's
18th January 2005, 09:29 AM
Kev, I was a bad sleepwalker as a kid as well. My parents would find me all over the place. I could end up in the linen cupboard, the garrage, the back steps, you name it I have ended up there.

I even walked out of my room one night when I was 5 and peed all over the T.V. :shock: My parents had friends over so I had a crowd of people watching (apparently) who fell over laughing at me :oops: not that I ever remember sleep walking at anytime 8-[

I grew out of it mate, and he will to :wink:

gazgolf1
18th January 2005, 10:38 AM
I even walked out of my room one night when I was 5 and peed all over the T.V.

Thats golden eags. :lol:

Fishman Dan
18th January 2005, 10:50 AM
I even walked out of my room one night when I was 5 and peed all over the T.V.

Thats golden eags. :lol:

What's golden? :roll:
I bet you were shocked when you found out! :roll:
What was on TV? 'On Golden Pond'? :lol: :roll:

markTHEblake
18th January 2005, 11:00 AM
drunk walkers are funnier.
My old man used to piss in the cupboard, or out the window (through flyscreens)
a freind watched as his flatmate pissed in the fridge. He yelled at him and the mate said 'why dont you **** off' he obviously had no idea where he was doing it.

gazgolf1
18th January 2005, 11:01 AM
What was on TV? 'On Golden Pond'? :lol: :roll:

Stop extracting the urine Fishy. :wink:
Little 5yr old Eags just wanted to hang out with his wang out. :lol:

Andrew
18th January 2005, 01:58 PM
Kevin,

I'm 38 & have walked in my sleep all my life. I have never injured myself or left the perimeter of the house. Even asleep, I always knew my boundaries.

I have no problem in being waken up either, which was said to be the wrong thing to do. My parents would ask me to go back to bed, which I would often do. If I didn't they would wake me. My wife does the same thing now.

My walking apparently stems from an over active mind, which is one of the reasons I only need 4 hours sleep a night. I have been tested for Sleep Apnea, but apparently 4 hours is all I need. When I was hooked up at the clinic, they found that my brain doesn't shut off like most people.

I'm sure every reason is different, but I hope this helps.

Andrew

naragah
18th January 2005, 07:16 PM
My mother in-law said that one of the wifes brothers used to sleep walk all the time she ended up putting a wet towell on the floor next to him and it would wake him up when he stepped on him. :idea:

Not sure how practical this is to most though and that was like thousands of years ago :lol: :lol:

Onewood
18th January 2005, 08:37 PM
Thanks everyone.
Maybe it's Hereditary I used to sleep walk and yes Blakey, i was a drunk sleep walker (never went to the toilet in the wrong place though).

Just before coming over from Kalgoorlie we were staying in a motel and I went out the front door and into the fire Escape :roll: and what happens when the door shuts...it locks behind you :evil: Lucky Shelley heard me singing out and come and walked me back to bed :D

This is the best bit though 8)

Now picture this....I just had my jocks on :P :lol: :lol:

Jarro
18th January 2005, 08:46 PM

my eyes ... my eyes :shock: :o

Golfgirl
18th January 2005, 09:00 PM
Come on kev..... I don't believe for a minute that you sleep with jocks on..... :lol: :lol: :wink:

Andrew: I know what you mean about an overactive mind - fortunately, I still sleep, but it is often very disturbed and I get up several times a night. I also often grind my teeth in my sleep. I've ground them out of shape - (my dentist thinks I am a nightmare..... :oops:) I've even been able to wake all night long when dosed up on sleeping tablets..... maybe I need stronger ones.....

Trung
18th January 2005, 10:31 PM
My walking apparently stems from an over active mind, which is one of the reasons I only need 4 hours sleep a night. I have been tested for Sleep Apnea, but apparently 4 hours is all I need. When I was hooked up at the clinic, they found that my brain doesn't shut off like most people.

Crikey,

What about less than 4 hours or no-sleep at all? :oops: :oops: :oops:

markTHEblake
19th January 2005, 12:58 AM

Well at least you were wearing the jocks.