PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a full golf tournament movie from?

dtenen
20th July 2009, 10:42 AM
Hi all,

I have a school project on probability and seeing as though I love golf I've decided to choose the probability and chance of golf shots and show this in a presentation through video.

Where is the best place for me to get a whole tournament of golf video from? I'm hoping to be able to chop it up and show for eg: 2 players playing each hole.

I've checked youtube but it's golf highlight videos are not that great at all.

It doesn't matter which championship, whether it be the masters, at&t national, aussie open, etc. Just looking for a high quality, 2 player, full hole tournament. Even if there is a good quality one online or if someone could upload one it would be a great help and much appreciated!

Thanks!!

sms316
20th July 2009, 10:49 AM
You are going to struggle. Most tv broadcasts are only 3-4 hour coverages. Given that times on the first 2 days are split morning/afternoon, you would have slim chances of getting 2 players for 72 holes.

British Open would be your best chance, as the coverage lasts longer, but they don't tend to show every shot (even for T Woods) from any one player.

adlo
20th July 2009, 10:56 AM
What about that listing Addamsmith had?

markTHEblake
20th July 2009, 09:42 PM
Perhaps one of the Tiger Woods v. Whoever was 2nd best at the time made-for-tv event.

One was Tiger v Duval, and was played 18 holes over two evenings. If i remember correctly they lit up the last hole for night golf.

I think one of them was called "Battle of Bighorn" or something like that. One hole has a big rock in the middle of the fairway and Duval drove it right up the clacker.

mike
20th July 2009, 09:46 PM
Does it have to be a tour event? Get a couple of gun players from your club to play 18 and video them.

Dotty
20th July 2009, 10:39 PM
A US Open playoff is over 18 holes. Someone may have a tape from last year.

Alternatively, just rent 'The Legend of Bagger Vance' from the local video store. :lol: