PDA

View Full Version : IQ Test

Keza_G
17th January 2005, 10:09 PM
Anyone ever done one ?

Know where I can get one on line done.... just wanna prove a point...

help appreciated

Cheers

Keza_G

AndyP
17th January 2005, 10:19 PM
I did one at the following site quite a while ago, but it looks like you have to sign in.

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/authorize/register.jsp?url=/tests/uiq/index.jsp

markTHEblake
17th January 2005, 10:21 PM
i did this one years ago when my brain was still functioning.
www.iqtest.com

its a comprehensive test, not your everyday 20 questions. and you get more points for faster answers

Keza_G
18th January 2005, 07:43 AM
Cool...

Thanks guys... have tried both and got differing numbers on both, (only 3 points differencce). How acurate are these things.... I don't know whether to believe the results or not...

I proved the point to the ball and chain.... (my sweet gorgeous hubby) that "I do know"... Can you remember what kind of results you got ?I don't wanna tell you mine until you tell me yours.... :D

Thanks

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
18th January 2005, 09:19 AM
Can you remember what kind of results you got ?I don't wanna tell you mine until you tell me yours.... :D

I do remember mine, but I think I will keep it to myself. :-"

Bruce
18th January 2005, 09:20 AM
Here's another one:
http://www.mensa.org/workout.php

The web based ones are close assuming you had never seen it before and that English is your first language.

IQ is a rather narrow method of testing 'intelligence'. And a couple of points either way is no big deal. Nevertheless, some people in the organisation above seem to think a single point is worth making a fuss over. :roll: Not worth the membership fees in the end.

markTHEblake
18th January 2005, 09:53 AM
Iqtest send an email with your score, so i still have that one, but i didnt pay for the certificate. I scored 159, but on that one on the telly, i only got about 120.

Keza_G
18th January 2005, 10:03 AM
Iqtest send an email with your score, so i still have that one, but i didnt pay for the certificate. I scored 159, but on that one on the telly, i only got about 120.

159 :shock: :shock:

Holy Crapola..... now I'm really not gonna tell :oops: ..... I missed the one on the telly, but did both the tickle one and the IQtest.com one.....

I bow down to your supreme intellect oh Blakey the bright...... :idea: :wink:
Cheers

Keza

markTHEblake
18th January 2005, 10:20 AM
I bow down to your supreme intellect

If i am so smart how come i am stuck home with the kids while the missus is on holiday :?

Keza_G
18th January 2005, 10:28 AM
I bow down to your supreme intellect

If i am so smart how come i am stuck home with the kids while the missus is on holiday :?

You asked for this one.......

"You've been plugged into a genius...... and the genius has gone on holidays"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Cheers

Keza

Flowergirl
18th January 2005, 12:48 PM
Come on Keza.....you can tell us. I'll show you mine if you show me yours!! I just took the test..and I didn't get 159!!!

Ona
18th January 2005, 02:08 PM
did the iqtest

129, skipped the ones that required serious thinking, wether that hurt or helped I dont know.

blakey could proly tell me.. the godamn genius

Andrew
18th January 2005, 02:31 PM
I've been a member of Mensa since I was a teenager. I was originally tested at school, then forwarded on to the official Mensa test due to my age at the time.

A particular score in numbers is a bit pointless unless you know what that score is equivalent to. Mensa usually set up 2 or 3 testing days per year in most major cities.

Membership is not that beneficial, except for the regular dinners & luncheons. We've had some good guest speakers like Dr Robert Winston ('The Human Body' documentary), Sir Gustav Nossal & so on.

The problem with IQ is that it has very little to do with application. I know people who have an average IQ yet have become exceeding successful. I have also met people in the top 2% who have done nothing with their lives.

Keza_G
18th January 2005, 02:52 PM
Come on Keza.....you can tell us. I'll show you mine if you show me yours!! I just took the test..and I didn't get 159!!!

Alrighty then.... ok...

IQTest.com i got : 133

Tickle.com I got : 136

Not as itellectual as Blakey..... :wink:

Cheers

Keza

Choppa
18th January 2005, 03:02 PM
Better than me Keza.
I won't do the test because I want to think that I am smarter than I really am :oops:

Flowergirl
18th January 2005, 03:08 PM
IQ test -144........can't find the Tickle results I did some time ago.
I found the IQ one the easiest. I'm not good on the logic ones :shock:

I reckon Blakey cheated :wink:

Golfgirl
18th January 2005, 09:23 PM
The problem with IQ is that it has very little to do with application. I know people who have an average IQ yet have become exceeding successful. I have also met people in the top 2% who have done nothing with their lives.

Funny that this should come up here as today I was just having the exact same discussion at work.... :?

Matt and I both have "above average" IQ's, but we have both managed to make some real screwy decisions in our lives.... so I think "intelligence" is less of an issue than common sense.....

Thankfully, that seems to come with age.... and I am certainly getting older... :roll: