PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast 4 course membership

kpac
16th July 2009, 11:12 AM
There are plenty of reasons not to be a member of any of these listed courses, however 4 free rounds and handicap management makes this a pretty good deal.

For those interested.

AndyP
16th July 2009, 11:19 AM
It sounds like a bloody good deal.

I wonder if Gailes know about this one yet. :roll:

kpac
16th July 2009, 11:24 AM
It sounds like a bloody good deal.

I wonder if Gailes know about this one yet. :roll:

why Gailes AP?

bebo
16th July 2009, 11:32 AM
I think he's referring to Gailes charging Robina Woods memebers for full rack on comp day?

AndyP
16th July 2009, 11:48 AM
That's the one.

markTHEblake
16th July 2009, 11:48 AM
Kent, which club do you really become a member of?

as stated above, golfers with these kind of memberships are beginning to be discriminated against by some clubs for benefits extended to members of other clubs, like open days discounted green fees.

kpac
16th July 2009, 12:02 PM
Kent, which club do you really become a member of?

as stated above, golfers with these kind of memberships are beginning to be discriminated against by some clubs for benefits extended to members of other clubs, like open days discounted green fees.

Mate i'm not taking up the offer - just putting it up for those interested.

I think it's shit that other clubs want to discriminate against these more 'social' members. For some people competitive golf is simply not a viable option if 'full' membership is the only way to play in comp.

- as for the query i believe membership is held at the Gold Coast Country Club, but discounted green fees apply to all four clubs. Similar to Robina Colonial and Northlakes 3 way setup i guess.

bebo
16th July 2009, 12:08 PM
I think Helensvale GC is currently doing a simular membership?

Does anyone know if there are any other golf clubs discriminated against the discounted memberships?

kpac
16th July 2009, 12:11 PM
I think Helensvale GC is currently doing a simular membership?

Really? Who are they teaming up with??

bebo
16th July 2009, 12:22 PM
I am referring to discounted membership with AGU

kpac
16th July 2009, 12:26 PM
I am referring to discounted membership with AGU

Oh, they already do that - it's $150 pa with discounted green fees i believe.

cj_666
22nd July 2009, 02:20 PM
- as for the query i believe membership is held at the Gold Coast Country Club, but discounted green fees apply to all four clubs. Similar to Robina Colonial and Northlakes 3 way setup i guess.

Just wondering what Northlakes 3 way setup is ??? because the Goldcoast is a bit of a trek.

kpac
22nd July 2009, 03:01 PM
Same deal i believe - called "Northlakes players Club" or something.

Just wondering what Northlakes 3 way setup is ??? because the Goldcoast is a bit of a trek.

PeteyD
24th July 2009, 10:51 PM
Swingers club sounds more fun.

steverawlo
8th August 2009, 11:17 PM

If you're a Robina Mega Member, you can play North Lakes for "Premier Players Club" rates. It's $39 midweek before 8am with a cart.

This is the perfect membership for me as I only live 10 mins from North Lakes and don't play enough to warrant joining Redcliffe, Wantima, Nudgee or Pine Rivers as a full member.

I will be renewing my membership this month and get a free hit at The Colonial when I do it.

OzzyRookie
9th August 2009, 07:21 PM
Paid my 4 course membership at Windaroo as you can nominate which of the 4 you want as home course . Just need to get my 3 cards in for AGU and see what happens . Great idea for us low income weekend mainly hackers .

AndyP
10th September 2009, 04:09 PM
How is this membership going for you, OzzyRookie? Any problems?

Rusty
16th September 2009, 05:30 PM
curious too, OzzyRookie

OzzyRookie
16th September 2009, 06:39 PM
Ok guys i have now submitted my 5 cards and got my golflink card and handicap with no hassle . Still have to use the 2 free games for Hills and Riverlakes yet but so far the rounds i have played at Windaroo and GCCC have been great . Proshops treated me well and discounts given as advertised without question . This idea has to be the best for golfers who can't afford or justify club membership fees . I love the pay as you play idea . Winner for me .

jaybam
16th September 2009, 07:40 PM
Ahhh but has Windaroo bothered putting any of that money back into the course. Condition wise it was getting close tot he worst its ever been about 12 months ago. The only thing in its favour was the lay out and the fairways. Greens and bunkers were terrible.

OzzyRookie
16th September 2009, 07:55 PM
I agree Jay but as a hacker and weekend only golfer i don't expect miracles . Hopefully course conditions improve as far as sand and greens are concerned but just getting course time at a reasonable cost is all i ask .

AndyP
16th September 2009, 08:10 PM
It will be interesting to see if you have any problems playing at other clubs in an open comp like Gailes.

OzzyRookie
16th September 2009, 08:17 PM
Open comps not an option for me yet Andy as i would like to get to know some more people around Brissy to play with to gain confidence in rules and etiquette before i embarrass myself in open comp . Looking forward to Brooky on 27th as an introduction to this great game .

AndyP
16th September 2009, 08:19 PM
OZgolf is your answer. Most of my rounds are with OZgolfers and have a look at the courses I have played at. No double up in courses (besides 36 hole comps) for 9 months.

OzzyRookie
16th September 2009, 08:35 PM
That's why i figured getting an AGU handicap might help getting more games . Look forward to meeting OzGolfers as often as i can .

jaybam
16th September 2009, 08:37 PM
Oh well look forward to meeting you Sunday week. Where abouts are you at for Windaroo to bet the one you chose as home??

AndyP
16th September 2009, 08:43 PM
That's why i figured getting an AGU handicap might help getting more games . Look forward to meeting OzGolfers as often as i can .Better the devil you know....

Where abouts are you at for Windaroo to bet the one you chose as home??I'll guess Inala.

jaybam
16th September 2009, 08:44 PM
thats why you are where you are ANdy. Reading is just so over rated ;)

OzzyRookie
16th September 2009, 08:48 PM
Wise man that Andy . Yes mate Inala is where i call home but will travel hours for a game of golf .

Rusty
17th September 2009, 09:56 AM
excellent. another good solution for those players that like to play different courses.

poidda
17th September 2009, 10:38 AM
That reminds me, my Robina deal must need renewing. I'm gunna try and give my coin to a country course this year.

BrisVegas
17th September 2009, 12:01 PM
That reminds me, my Robina deal must need renewing. I'm gunna try and give my coin to a country course this year.
come join brooky then. 8-);)

just get a refund on that dodgey plasma you bought. that'd cover it.

AndyP
17th September 2009, 08:51 PM
I don't play much social golf, so I'm wondering if you could use the course free rounds for comps.

poidda
18th September 2009, 08:31 AM
come join brooky then. 8-);)

just get a refund on that dodgey plasma you bought. that'd cover it.

Yeah right. Anyway I said Country with an o so Brooky wouldn't work.

BrisVegas
18th September 2009, 08:55 AM
haw haw haw haw, you're so funny.

AndyP
24th September 2009, 09:53 AM
I'm going to renew with Robina. I'm more likely to go out of my way for a free round there than the four in this deal, and the difference in cost isn't too much.