Couple of pics of my new baby :mrgreen:

Can't wait to take her out!

sms316
16th July 2009, 10:28 AM
You're mad having a shiny putter.

grandmasterb
16th July 2009, 10:31 AM
You're mad having a shiny putter.

Its so he can see his own reflection when standing over those knee knockers :mrgreen:

3oneday
16th July 2009, 10:51 AM
Is that a two storey house behind you ? Lucky you didn't do a gazgolf ;)

haysey
16th July 2009, 10:57 AM
Nice putter.

Does it come with welders glasses for using it in the sun:-s

zigwah
16th July 2009, 11:00 AM
Had it out in the sun already, no problems so far, i don't look at the putter much only to line up and that's only really the top line. i like it.

3oneday
16th July 2009, 11:01 AM
i like it.
that's the clincher, well done 8)

sms316
16th July 2009, 11:02 AM
Had it out in the sun already, no problems so far, i don't look at the putter much only to line up and that's only really the top line. i like it.
Just wait until you have a 4 foot putt and the sun in the wrong spot.

Oh, and before you consider putting tape on top of the putter for blocking out glare - I think you will find it is illegal.

haysey
16th July 2009, 11:04 AM
Wot 3OD said. That's all that matters:smt038

zigwah
16th July 2009, 11:06 AM
Just wait until you have a 4 foot putt and the sun in the wrong spot.

Oh, and before you consider putting paint or some other for of blocking out glare - I think you will find it is illegal.

Then i'll just trust my stroke, little putts have never really been a problem.

Webster
16th July 2009, 11:14 AM
I reckon it looks awful, but to each their own...

zigwah
16th July 2009, 11:25 AM

I lurve it jacky boy :)

Webster
16th July 2009, 11:45 AM
I know you lurve it Zig

grandmasterb
16th July 2009, 11:59 AM

Are you talking about the putter or Zig's swing :twisted:

So long as you like it that is the main thing mate and im sure you will love it when you use it on the course.

Johnny Canuck
16th July 2009, 12:10 PM
nice looking stick

zigwah
16th July 2009, 12:16 PM
Its been preordained to drop putts on a regular basis from outside 20 feet :)

petethepilot
16th July 2009, 06:46 PM
Great looking putter Zig. The only problem with these new putters (Scotty's included) is that they have negligible loft. If you play on grainy greens or Bermuda type greens, it is difficult to get a consistent roll on the ball. The putter face drives the ball laterally into the grass/grain. The result, an occasional popup or jump without the topspin that allows the ball to roll truely. This lack of loft is not a problem when greens are cut very close or are made of fine leafed grasses like bent. In queensland, you need loft to get the ball rolling on top of the grass after impact. I reckon 6 or 7 degrees of loft.

Just my opinion of course.

regards,

the pilot

oldmannoodles
16th July 2009, 07:42 PM
Fair point Pilot but 7* loft is too much for most Victorian courses.

Also, don't associate Lajosi putters with Cameron putters - a buyer has no say in their OTR mass-produced Cameron whereas Kari Lajosi custom designs and mills all his putters to the customer's specs. I got Kari to give me 5* of loft on my custom, mostly to compensate for my forward press.

henno
16th July 2009, 07:46 PM
7 degrees? I might as well putt with my driver.

petethepilot
16th July 2009, 07:48 PM
I agree totally OMN. My point is; play Sandbelt/bent greens - new putters great. Play Queensland/Bermuda greens - play putters with loft.

Pete

petethepilot
16th July 2009, 08:22 PM
Of course I have 2 new style (very little loft putters, a Bertinardi and a Seemore) putters that cost a fortune and I play in Queensland! Saying that, I find I only roll the ball well when the greens are cut close and grain is not an issue. When I play down south, I hole everything when I am used to the speed.

regards,

pete

zigwah
16th July 2009, 11:33 PM
Fair point Pilot but 7* loft is too much for most Victorian courses.

Also, don't associate Lajosi putters with Cameron putters - a buyer has no say in their OTR mass-produced Cameron whereas Kari Lajosi custom designs and mills all his putters to the customer's specs. I got Kari to give me 5* of loft on my custom, mostly to compensate for my forward press.

I also asked for 5 degrees for exactly the same reason

petethepilot
17th July 2009, 04:31 PM
Zig,
What is a good contact/website for Lajosi putters. I tried to send a message to kari on lajosi@live.com.au but it bounced. I'm interested in a putter like you which sits well but has a bit of loft and weight.

regards,

Pete

oldmannoodles
17th July 2009, 04:54 PM
Try this address Pete: lajosiputters@live.com.au

And for pics of Kari's work: http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/lajosiputters/

MegaWatty
2nd September 2009, 11:08 PM
Couple of pics of my new baby :mrgreen:

Can't wait to take her out!

Is that the LPS1?

What's Kari charge for one of those babies?

How is it performing for you?

Anyone else got one of these Puppies?

Yossarian
2nd September 2009, 11:15 PM
There is a thread with a lot of feedback here MW

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13256

Don't know if you've found it.

They look amazing don't they=P~

MegaWatty
2nd September 2009, 11:19 PM
I'm getting one.

Just working out which one. Any WA boys got one?

I think I'm going to get this same model with the initials of my wife and kids across the bottom and give it to myself as a present from them!

Better than a tattoo I reckon!

Yossarian
2nd September 2009, 11:21 PM
Adlo was flirting with the idea, I don't know if i could buy without trying first. I am sure they are top notch but they might not suit ya know?

Go the centre shafted8)

Lucasto23
3rd September 2009, 12:03 AM
i will be ordering a LPS1 no center shafted model quiet soon;)

chappy1970
3rd September 2009, 04:03 PM
I had a quick chat with Kari before teeing off on Saturday. Seems like time is his enemy at the mo.

zigwah
3rd September 2009, 11:25 PM
Still loving this putter, still havent had a 3 putt, but i have only played maybe 72 holes with it, maybe 36 more. It is beautifully balanced, almost feels like it swings itself and the contact is sublime.

The only problem i have had is with the grip, it seems to have come away from the plastic ring on the bottom and is looking a little ragged, having never used one of these leather grips i'm not sure if this is the norm, thinking some black electrical tape might be a fix.

zigwah
3rd September 2009, 11:26 PM
Is that the LPS1?

What's Kari charge for one of those babies?

How is it performing for you?

Anyone else got one of these Puppies?

yup it's the LPS1 or Alice :)

i think they are all different prices?

love it

Lajosiputters
5th September 2009, 09:05 AM
Still loving this putter, still havent had a 3 putt, but i have only played maybe 72 holes with it, maybe 36 more. It is beautifully balanced, almost feels like it swings itself and the contact is sublime.

The only problem i have had is with the grip, it seems to have come away from the plastic ring on the bottom and is looking a little ragged, having never used one of these leather grips i'm not sure if this is the norm, thinking some black electrical tape might be a fix.

Zig,

In regards to your grip, if can tuck the edges back inside the plastic ring and put a couple of drops of super glue on the stitching, that should hold it in place.

Also, here is a LPS1-CS with a new finish- Copper plate with a brushed nickel. This head was a early proto-type which I made- I thought I'd give the copper plate a go.
It will be interesting to see what it looks like when the copper plate starts to patina.

Kari

ParMaster
5th September 2009, 09:41 AM
Damn that is a sweet looking finish Kari.