PDA

View Full Version : Hodges

3oneday
16th July 2009, 10:19 AM
Should be suspended for bringing the game into disrepute.

sms316
16th July 2009, 10:21 AM
Because he is a wanker?

3oneday
16th July 2009, 10:22 AM
That, and the throat cutting gesture, and the comments after the game, and saying "watch your back, watch your back". Schoolyard bully, wuss of the highest order.

Jarro
16th July 2009, 10:25 AM
You guys would have him in your side

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6723138,00.jpg

sms316
16th July 2009, 10:27 AM
You guys would have him in your side
Not likely. Wouldn't even want him at the Raiders.

Jarro
16th July 2009, 10:28 AM
Not likely. Wouldn't even want him at the Raiders.

You're starting to sound like a NSW selector now :smt038

Tongueboy
16th July 2009, 12:52 PM
piss weak. and a gonad

Jarro
16th July 2009, 12:57 PM
piss weak. and a gonad

.. but a winner :mrgreen:

mike
16th July 2009, 01:01 PM
He's saying 'watch your back' and gesturing for Waterhouse to step up and fight. Easy to talk it up when you're standing next to the ref.:roll:

parlyboy
16th July 2009, 01:21 PM
Get a hair cut noddy....i mean SMS.

3oneday
16th July 2009, 01:22 PM
Has he ever been in a blue ? His swinging arm on Gidley at the end went unpunished as well, in fact QLD got the penalty !

goonie
16th July 2009, 01:35 PM
the throat cutting gesture,

He only did it to that dirty whinging skirt of a kimmorley.

goonie
16th July 2009, 01:37 PM
He's saying 'watch your back' and gesturing for Waterhouse to step up and fight. Easy to talk it up when you're standing next to the ref.:roll:

What about when Ben Creagh pushed Hodges and then ran away like a girls blouse when he turned around. ROFL

3oneday
16th July 2009, 01:40 PM
He only did it to that dirty whinging skirt of a kimmorley.

yeah, something every footballer does when they get tackled :roll:

;)

goonie
16th July 2009, 01:50 PM
Has he ever been in a blue ? His swinging arm on Gidley at the end went unpunished as well, in fact QLD got the penalty !

Come on 3 get real, there were that many swingarms and dirty shit last night you can't just pick one out.

3oneday
16th July 2009, 03:03 PM
Come on 3 get real, there were that many swingarms and dirty shit last night you can't just pick one out.

No, his was the most gutless by far. The guy was being held by 3 when he came in late. Is an eye for an eye relevant in the day and age of professional sportspeople ? Is he any better than Nate Myles crapping in hallways ?

I must say though, either a lot of QLD'rs agree with me or.........

they know when they are being baited :lol: :lol: :lol:

shazza_rs
16th July 2009, 03:17 PM
I'd go with option 2 :)

3oneday
16th July 2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks Shaz ;)

u8ergolfer
16th July 2009, 04:07 PM
What about when Ben Creagh pushed Hodges and then ran away like a girls blouse when he turned around. ROFL

Ben Creagh can't fight..Cannot go the biff at all...

goonie
16th July 2009, 04:40 PM
No, his was the most gutless by far. The guy was being held by 3 when he came in late. Is an eye for an eye relevant in the day and age of professional sportspeople ? Is he any better than Nate Myles crapping in hallways ?

I must say though, either a lot of QLD'rs agree with me or.........

they know when they are being baited :lol: :lol: :lol:

nothing more gutless than Waterhouse last night.

3oneday
16th July 2009, 04:44 PM

I suggest you'll find the last line of Post #16 most helpful.

geez mate I hope you don't have a dog in the house, he'd be bloody sore today !!! :)

dc68
16th July 2009, 05:17 PM
Hodgo raaaaaawks!!!

Iain
16th July 2009, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure Hodgo was full fitness last night, a couple of runs down the wing and when NSW returned it took him a while to get back into the line....

Minor_Threat
16th July 2009, 06:48 PM
The guy is a lunatic..

Eag's
16th July 2009, 06:50 PM
Some of the blokes he was calling out last night would of knocked him into next week.

Jono
16th July 2009, 06:55 PM

I saw that in replay on the news just now.

It wasn't even a full blown tackle. Waterhouse was just trying to hold Price back and they fell down together after Price was knocked out by White.

Jono
16th July 2009, 07:21 PM
Here's the clip on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeE4GDvbqtc

33 seconds into the clip, you can see that Price has been knocked out BEFORE he hits the ground.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7240/fightl.jpg

3oneday
16th July 2009, 07:31 PM
Yep, but we aren't as one-eyed as some ;)

jaybam
16th July 2009, 07:32 PM
So waterhouse was trying to soften the fall to the ground lol.

Jono
16th July 2009, 07:40 PM
3:33 into the clip - you can see Price plant his right knee into White's face as he gets up from the tackle. My guess is that this is why he retaliated.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6822/priceknee.jpg

Should have been a blues penalty. You are right Goonie. Referees were crap.

zacdullard
16th July 2009, 07:41 PM
Im not a rugby fan and the only games of league that I watch are the 3 state of origins and the grand final.

Don't really understand that game but when it gets rough and tough like last night I think that makes it more exciting to watch.

henno
16th July 2009, 07:44 PM
Well, in light of this new information, the reaction of White and subsequent chime-in by Waterhouse was totally justified. :smt108

Seriously, that knee would have been lucky to have bent an eyelash. And the argument as to who finally floored Price is inconsequential in my view. It was one certainly one of them.

sms316
16th July 2009, 07:48 PM
It was White, with a quality punch. One-on-one fist fights are fair game (especially with a filthy player like Price).

Jono
16th July 2009, 07:49 PM
Seriously, that knee would have been lucky to have bent an eyelash.

Yep, the good old "here, kiss my knee" move ... :lol:

TheTrueReview
16th July 2009, 09:38 PM

The only thing Waterhouse was guilty of was cuddling an opposition player.

I thought White might get cited for the outcome of his one on one with Price. He's had that previous suspension when he knocked out Ben Ross in a stouch in a club game against Cronulla a couple of years ago.

Btw, no matter which team you support, Hodges is a grub.

PeteyD
16th July 2009, 09:38 PM
Was a great punch from White. I think price being knocked out made what waternoose did look a lot worse. Why didn't anyone hit Kimmorley like that, little twat.

3oneday
16th July 2009, 10:04 PM
cause QLD are better footballers than fighters ;) something to remember for next year :lol:

damoocow
16th July 2009, 10:08 PM
Was a great punch from White. I think price being knocked out made what waternoose did look a lot worse. Why didn't anyone hit Kimmorley like that, little twat.

If it is looked at objectively - Waterhouse was the 3rd man in and attacked a defenceless player - no real defence against that

3oneday
16th July 2009, 10:21 PM
True, but the definition of attack V cuddle could be construed as the subtle difference.

henno
16th July 2009, 10:23 PM
If you cuddled your wife like that, I'd expect a knock on the door from the authorities pretty darn quickly.

p.s. Waterhouse has been cleared to play this weekend.

3oneday
16th July 2009, 10:26 PM
Well there you go, that hysteria went with the tsunami.

TheNuclearOne
16th July 2009, 11:09 PM
cause QLD are better footballers than fighters ;) something to remember for next year :lol:

:mrgreen:

Andrew Johns has vowed never to fight again after copping 25 stitches and a two-match suspension for instigating Wednesday night’s State of Origin brawl.

(https://www.sportsbet.com.au/partners/index/PID/924)
From: Sun Herald “I was embarrassed by it all,” Johns said. “I look like the elephant man. I’ve had only two fights on the field and both have been in State of Origin games. “The first was against Adrian Lam. We just danced around a bit and wrestled. I didn’t cop 25 stitches, though. I won’t be fighting again.”
Judiciary chairman Alan Sullivan suspended Johns and Queensland hooker Jamie Goddard for two matches but blamed Johns for starting the fight. Johns said he did not recall pushing past referee Eddie Ward to attack Goddard - and he admitted the straight right from Goddard that greeted his arrival remained a blur.
A slow motion replay of the incident shows Johns was pulled off balance when Ben Ikin grabbed him by the jumper just moments before the Goddard bomb landed. “I won’t be eating oranges for a while,” he managed to joke. “It was one of the first games my girlfriend Renae has actually seen me play. I think (the scar) is here to stay. I might have to get myself a wife. I’m not a pretty sight.”
Johns said there were no hard feelings with Goddard. “We swapped shorts and jumpers and shook hands after the game,” he added. “He’s a good bloke.” It was the first game Johns has completed this season after a horrid run of injuries.
He will miss two games for Newcastle but will be available for the Australian team for the July 11 game against the Rest of the World. Johns proved just how tough and valuable a player he is when he returned to the field and scored a vital try for NSW.
He can take heart in a comment from his grandmother, June, who lives with Andrew at his Newcastle home. June reasoned that while Andrew had taken a lesson at the hands of Goddard, her boy had done good. “He goes all right (fighting) as a rule,” June said, in a mischievous voice that offered a mixture of scorn and pride. “He got a couple of good ones in in that second scuffle but by golly did he cop it in the third.”

Jarro
17th July 2009, 08:47 AM
Turns out Poore is the real grub at the end of the day.

footage has been released of him lifting price off the ground and letting him drop back down (while he's still out cold)

Now that's a dog act folks ..... nice work from a class act :roll:

That's also what Hodges was filthy about if any of you experts care to know.

3oneday
17th July 2009, 08:57 AM

footage has been released of him lifting price off the ground and letting him drop back down (while he's still out cold)

yep, didn't look good.

Kimmorley said if NSW had got that penalty they would have kicked it as well, straight to Hodges.

Sydney Hacker
17th July 2009, 09:30 AM
So Poore picked up a guy who was knocked out and then dropped him back to the ground and then a few minutes later runs up pushes Hodges and then runs away... Sounds like a brave guy doesn't it !

Jarro
17th July 2009, 09:32 AM
Lots of 'passion' going on i think ;)

henno
17th July 2009, 09:34 AM

Yeah, some mates of mine at the game mentioned that to me yesterday. They said when that happened, that was when the croud went mental throwing stuff.

mike
17th July 2009, 10:25 AM
Price is a grub anyway.

mike
17th July 2009, 10:46 AM
Diving at a kicker's legs is a low dog act (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjOev6TVeZM)
I have no sympathy for the dirty prick.

Johnny Canuck
17th July 2009, 10:53 AM
I don't watch much rugby, but happened to catch The Footy Show last night.

I felt bad for Price at first, but after reading up on it a bit (and him), you can't really feel sorry for him.

The guy that got let off should have as he was only tackling him. Would have been different if he threw a punch and intentionally knocked him out.

The conclusion that I drew from it? I take a lot of slack for playing "barbaric" ice hockey. Rugby is even more retarded than that.

I love it.

The whole kicking the ball to the guy you want to pummel? Awesome.

Picking up and dropping someone that has just been ko'd? Not cool.

I think I'll be watching more rugby in the future.

mike
17th July 2009, 11:23 AM
I think I'll be watching more rugby in the future.
Rugby league is much better.

;)

shavey
17th July 2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, some mates of mine at the game mentioned that to me yesterday. They said when that happened, that was when the croud went mental throwing stuff.

Mate, I was there as well and the place went absolutely freakin crazy! They are lucky the game only had a minute or so to go or else it would have really dragged on.

The Price incident happened at my end but I was high in the bleaches. We were all blowing up that they were going to the video for the try in the corner when the last pass was clearly forward. And then we all looked up, saw Price go down, then it was on!

And the ovation that Thaiday received when he was binned sent shivers down your spine. Everybody was cheering; truly an amazing first time live origin experience apart from the hollow series win :D

Johnny Canuck
17th July 2009, 11:48 AM
Rugby league is much better.

;)

When I lived and traveled the east coast, I actually preferred league and supported Newcastle. I now support Manly as I lived there for a while. I couldn't support them while I was there due to the finger in the rectum incident.

kpac
17th July 2009, 12:07 PM
school yard thugs game.

after watching the 3rd game - how any father can say to his son "i think you should play rugby league" is beyond me. They're all thugs. Between the - rape, public defecation, drunken fights/abuse and on pitch thuggery, it highlights why i only watch 3 games a year.

Surely one must question the people that play this game. (And not that all other sports are clean of this sort of thing, but i find league one of the worst....)

Courty
17th July 2009, 12:08 PM
The guy that got let off should have as he was only tackling him. Would have been different if he threw a punch and intentionally knocked him out.

It was a fair one-on-one fight, Waterhouse should have stayed the hell out of it.

sms316
17th July 2009, 12:19 PM
It was a fair one-on-one fight, Waterhouse should have stayed the hell out of it.
You do realise that White knocked Price out? Waterhouse was charging in to wrap up Price, nothing more. Price was knocked out half a second before Waterhouse touched him.

What Poore did was far worse.

Sydney Hacker
17th July 2009, 01:03 PM
school yard thugs game.

after watching the 3rd game - how any father can say to his son "i think you should play rugby league" is beyond me. They're all thugs. Between the - rape, public defecation, drunken fights/abuse and on pitch thuggery, it highlights why i only watch 3 games a year.

Surely one must question the people that play this game. (And not that all other sports are clean of this sort of thing, but i find league one of the worst....)

Then why even watch the 3 games each year ? I can't work out why people whinge and whine so much about it or say it is a rubbish game when they have sat there and watched it. The remote has plenty of buttons on it, click some of them and find something else to watch !

Sydney Hacker
17th July 2009, 01:05 PM
You do realise that White knocked Price out? Waterhouse was charging in to wrap up Price, nothing more. Price was knocked out half a second before Waterhouse touched him.

What Poore did was far worse.

But why was he rushing in to "wrap up Price" ? Was it so White could hit him a few more times, because it sure didn't look like he was trying to break up the fight!

Courty
17th July 2009, 01:06 PM
You do realise that White knocked Price out?

Yes, I do.

3oneday
17th July 2009, 01:07 PM
I do agree, game 3 was the best game for years 8)

CobraSS
17th July 2009, 01:43 PM
Waterhouse said in a post game interview that his only intention was to break up the fight, my question, if that was his only intention, then why didn't he run in and grab Brett White? ;)

sms316
17th July 2009, 01:45 PM
Because only an idiot would hold back their teammate while the opposition fella is throwing them!

3oneday
17th July 2009, 02:09 PM
C'mon guys, back on Hodges... the cat ;)

kpac
17th July 2009, 02:15 PM
Then why even watch the 3 games each year ? I can't work out why people whinge and whine so much about it or say it is a rubbish game when they have sat there and watched it. The remote has plenty of buttons on it, click some of them and find something else to watch !
=;

find where i said that before you go getting your silky shorts in a bunch..... :roll:

I was questioning the quality of the riff raff playing the game, the game itself may be ok, but i was simply making a current assesment of the people it lures to play...

even so, you've probably read between the lines quite well :smt038... i could agree 8)

Xray
17th July 2009, 04:24 PM
Best game of Footy I have watched all year, no player gets to the level these guys are at without putting in the dirt now and then, just some are better than others at doing it unseen : )

Shame the ref had to send anyone off, 90 seconds to go in the match and he walks a player then sends 2 to the bin.

Get new refs I reckon.

Wish Watmough played his first game of senior footy north of the Tweed, he had a blinder.

QLD for 5 series win in a row.

Bruce
17th July 2009, 05:02 PM
He might have been walked for his own safety. He may not have survived the next play if he was still on the park.

TheNuclearOne
17th July 2009, 05:05 PM
Kimmorley said if NSW had got that penalty they would have kicked it as well, straight to Hodges.

Judging by how keen they were to tangle with him he probably would have scored a try ;)

One things for sure, he had that lot cowering. Pushing and running away etc. He must be able to thrash, that's for sure.

Sydney Hacker
17th July 2009, 05:12 PM
Judging by how keen they were to tangle with him he probably would have scored a try ;)

One things for sure, he had that lot cowering. Pushing and running away etc. He must be able to thrash, that's for sure.

Didn't that little runt Casey Maguire at the Bronco's put him on his arse one day ? Still I wouldn't be putting my hand up to find out if he can throw them or not !

Coffs_Hacker
17th July 2009, 06:52 PM
have to kimmorley the man of the match for the most amount of head high tackles to go unpunished. I counted 3 in 3 tackles at 1 stage.

mike
17th July 2009, 06:52 PM
I now support Manly as I lived there for a while.
JC, a word of advice. Don't EVER admit to being a Manly supporter.

I couldn't support them while I was there due to the finger in the rectum incident.
Pretty sure Hoppa went the finger while he was at the Tigers.

Eag's
17th July 2009, 07:05 PM

Spot on Courty. After viewing the footage a second time it is obvious that White knocks Price out. That does not excuse Waterhouse from coming in late over the top.
I didn't see the Poore incident so can't comment.

Sydney Hacker
17th July 2009, 07:09 PM
have to kimmorley the man of the match for the most amount of head high tackles to go unpunished. I counted 3 in 3 tackles at 1 stage.

He did get away with a lot didn't he ! Fair play to him, if that is all he has got to stop the people in defence and he can get away with it good on him.

But he wouldn't want to whinge when someone snots him back !

I think the funniest thing about the whole game is that if it was the 1st game of the series there would be huge outcry about the tactics from both teams and every single little thing in the next game would be pinged. Because it is the last game (and the filthy scum roaches won) no-one in power seems to care.

Jarro
17th July 2009, 07:15 PM
school yard thugs game.

Start up a rah rah thread then kpac, i'm sure it'll be a hoot !!

As was stated before, change the channel

PeteyD
17th July 2009, 07:34 PM
JC, a word of advice. Don't EVER admit to being a Manly supporter.

Pretty sure Hoppa went the finger while he was at the Tigers.

Advice is good.

Unfortunately Hoppa did do it while he was playing for the tigers, but he went back to Womanly where he belonged after that effort.

3oneday
17th July 2009, 07:55 PM
Hodges playing well tonight is her ?

Peter
17th July 2009, 09:00 PM
Have only just watched the full game although saw bits and pieces on Wednesday at work. The refs really need to be told that no penalties does not automatically equal a better game. By letting the niggle and dirty stuff from both sides go unpunished early in the game they set the scene for the fireworks at the end.

That near miss by Hodges was one of the most freakishly athletic things I've seen from a guy that size on a footy field - even as a NSW supporter I wish he had scored it so we could watch it each year like the Folau 'upside down' try.

Not sure why there is so much anger over what Waterhouse did - if White misses with that last punch (like he did with the first dozen) Price gets tackled, someone from QLD grabs White and there's no harm done. It's a footy fight, it should only involve a few punches before blokes from both sides jump in and break it up.

I don't know what Poore was thinking but I would like to believe that he genuinely didn't know Price was out cold. That kind of rubbish has never been part of his game and picking up an injured player like that is extremely dangerous. I'm sure I remember a QLD player doing a similar thing a few years ago when he thought a NSW player was milking a penalty by staying down after a high shot (which he was, but I still recall the uproar about players not touching anyone on the ground in case of a neck or spinal injury).

It was an exciting game to watch but NSW shouldn't get too far ahead of themselves - winning the dead rubber when QLD were without Petero, Myles, Folau and Hannant doesn't mean much. In saying that it was good to see some blokes in blue actually have a go. Watmough was outstanding.

TheNuclearOne
17th July 2009, 10:08 PM
Didn't that little runt Casey Maguire at the Bronco's put him on his arse one day ? Still I wouldn't be putting my hand up to find out if he can throw them or not !

Did a bit of research and it appears in 2005 he made him take a knee. Hodges may have gone out and brushed up his skills after that :lol:

Also read tho Maguire was a top junior boxer and can throw em rather well.

Maybe we'll find out in certain upcoming matches.

:-k

shavey
20th July 2009, 05:06 PM
He might have been walked for his own safety. He may not have survived the next play if he was still on the park.

In one there Bruce! I seriously think some of the patrons were going to jump the fence such was the feeling in the air.