PDA

View Full Version : The taxman cometh

Flowergirl
17th January 2005, 05:19 PM
Every small business owners worst fear - a visit from the taxman. They are currently checking out my husband's service station....gee I hate the goddam power they have over you!!!!!!!!. I try to do everything right, I smile as sweet as I can and try to play the dumb blonde, I agree with everything they suggest, offer sexual favours in exchange for a blind eye- didn't work - he wasn't interested in sleeping with my husband !!

Maybe if I just spent less time on Ozgolf and more time on the books everthing would be ok. :wink:

I even asked if he was a golfer - but no - he said he hates golf!!!!!!!! I think I'm in trouble!!! Do they have any prisons that have golf courses????

Amanda - maybe you can save me?????????? :wink:

davidp
17th January 2005, 05:36 PM
The powers granted to the ATO are truly scary...

Hope you have everything documented. While an expense may appear reasonable and entirely legitimate, if it's not documented, the ATO are inclined to disallow it.

The ATO field rep may not appreciate sexual favours, but I bet a new calculator would turn him on... :lol:

Good luck to you and your husband FG.

amanda
17th January 2005, 05:45 PM
Amanda - maybe you can save me?????????? :wink:
Sorry FG - I have no idea about tax - my students are all too nice to go into that field :wink:

markTHEblake
17th January 2005, 06:44 PM
I have got a good theory about avoiding tax audits - dont submit returns!

Golfgirl
17th January 2005, 08:58 PM
Do they have any prisons that have golf courses????

I sure hope so.... I'm bound to end up there one day.... :shock: :wink:

Good luck sorting it out FG....