PDA

View Full Version : New baby - should I be selling my clubs?

LarryLong
10th July 2009, 10:15 PM
With a brand new baby girl in the house for the last two weeks, I haven't had time to even think about recreational activities for a while. I haven't had a chance to look at OzGolf for ages, let alone think about real golf. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get the chance to play golf again. :)

So, here's a good straw poll. How long did it take after the birth of your first child before you were able to get out for a round?

jaybam
10th July 2009, 10:21 PM
baby was born monday afternoon and played this morning
so four days :)

perci
10th July 2009, 10:27 PM
Not long Larry!

zigwah
10th July 2009, 10:31 PM
12 months mum and bub in the cart baby loved it looking at flowers and leaves and pine cone crawling on the greens, was quiet when we did it and we have a baby that doesnt cry a lot

Tongueboy
10th July 2009, 10:44 PM
no and the same afternoon. you need your space and sanity.

Tongueboy
10th July 2009, 10:48 PM
baby was born monday afternoon and played this morning
so four days :)

what took you so long JB?

P.S coupla cuties there mate:smt023

3oneday
11th July 2009, 05:57 AM
Next day with the first, but I've never played the same again :(

just
11th July 2009, 06:11 AM
I can't remember too much from the first, but the second and third it was a day after.

PeteyD
11th July 2009, 07:14 AM
Once you have children you'll appreciate that a 5 hour round is really an extra hour of peaceful solitude!

Ned
11th July 2009, 07:26 AM
Played within 2 days of all 4 kids being born.

LarryLong
11th July 2009, 07:35 PM
Well, there you go. I really am soft. :)

Not that I'm any more likely to get a hit in this month, mind you.

Chris32
14th July 2009, 04:27 PM
Our little bubs is 12 weeks this saturday, can't see myself getting a full round in for a while yet!

I have taken the time to review my current bag though and replace as required :D

symowallo
15th July 2009, 10:24 AM
My 2 boys are 4 and 2 and I only just got into it after the second child's 2nd birthday. So, 2 years for me. I love my golf but it is hard to get away for 5 hours. Even now it's difficult. But I wouldn't have it any other way :-)

chappy1970
15th July 2009, 10:31 AM
First one, played at Yarra Yarra 2 days later, the other 2 probably took me about a month to get out.

BrisVegas
15th July 2009, 11:12 AM
With our first one, I played the next day (matchplay against nudgee at Pacific). Wife was safely tucked up at the Wesley hospital, so no better time than to get out for a hit. My golf didn't suffer too much with one kid. Since the second one has come along I've really noticed how hard it is to get away on a whim. My game has headed south since I no longer get out to the range to practice and don't even play every saturday. I could play more, but it's about finding a balance. I don't want to miss too much of my kids while they are this age (2 & 4) so I'm happy to let golf take a back seat. I will try to get them into golf when they're a bit older so I can spend quality time with them and work on my game again.