PDA

View Full Version : Exploded Golf Driver!

fallout
10th July 2009, 11:29 AM
Hey all,

I know I'm new, but i couldn't find any info anywhere else and i didn't want to go to a store that would just try pull sales off me. I'm much more comfortable coming to a community, like this, to get valuable opinions.

Anyways, I was playing on a local course recently (Werribee) and was on the first tee, got set, lined up and hit my driver. The driver head EXPLODED!

Now for one, i have never heard of this, nor seen it. Link provided to pic. (REMOVED WHILE I RESOLVE THE ISSUE WITH PRECEPT - see post below)

Before anyone asks, yes, i was hitting a golf ball and yes i did hit it in the middle. it seems that it blew out the side.

I don't know what to do... The shaft is perfect condition, the head.. well... totally destroyed. What should I do?

Go to the manufacturer (precept) ?
refit a new head to the shaft?
Buy a completely new driver?

I'm a bit of a pickle... I'm pretty sire a driver head shouldn't do that ever.

Cheers
FallOut.

Tomo
10th July 2009, 11:47 AM
Not a chinese knock-off from DHgate is it?

Chris32
10th July 2009, 11:49 AM
Thats awesome :)

You must be a gorilla!

Minor_Threat
10th July 2009, 11:55 AM
There is nothing wrong with it.. lol

I would definitely be getting in touch with the manufacturer or the shop you bought it from to get a new one!

sms316
10th July 2009, 12:01 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1526/explode.jpg

just
10th July 2009, 12:13 PM
You weren't using one of these (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=333237&postcount=1), were you?

oobsadd2
10th July 2009, 12:20 PM
Thought maybe you were Craig Parry and got a little peckish,
btw your glove is too big.

Pieface
10th July 2009, 12:31 PM
Awesome! I'd be getting that driver head mounted up as a memento.

I'd also be seeing if I could get it replaced from where I bought it.

Jono
10th July 2009, 12:34 PM
Have you got a double jointed left thumb? I read somewhere that this is a requirement of a good golfer. 8)

Yossarian
10th July 2009, 12:54 PM
What sort of driver was it??

fallout
10th July 2009, 12:54 PM
btw your glove is too big.

It's a small already. I have this problem where my hands are fat, but short. It's my first glove and is synthetic. cost me like 8 bucks. when my game improves i intend on buying a better glove. Thanks for noticing though.

Not a Chinese knock-off from DHgate is it?

No it's not, they were purchased from a reputable store in Adelaide, but then again, Adelaide itself isn't reputable.

Whats the best way to get in contact with precept about an issue like this? They only have a web form on their website. Any ideas?

Yossarian
10th July 2009, 12:56 PM
You could probably head into the store you bought it at, and they should be able to help.

fallout
10th July 2009, 01:05 PM
What sort of driver was it??

It is a driver from the Precept SA-71 Series V.

Image below
http://www.preceptgolf.de/content/presse/images/sa-71_5.jpg

I know its hard to make out when its exploded. :)

chappy1970
10th July 2009, 01:06 PM
Fallout,
Was that Pete's Golf?

fallout
10th July 2009, 02:18 PM
Fallout,
Was that Pete's Golf?

Not sure what you mean Chappy...sorry.

chappy1970
10th July 2009, 03:23 PM
No it's not, they were purchased from a reputable store in Adelaide,

I meant this fallout, is Pete's Golf still a golf store in Adelaide? Once upon a time it was one of the biggest. With Pete being Peter Ormsby, the touring pro Wade Ormsby's dad.

fallout
10th July 2009, 03:28 PM
I meant this fallout, is Pete's Golf still a golf store in Adelaide? Once upon a time it was one of the biggest. With Pete being Peter Ormsby, the touring pro Wade Ormsby's dad.

That shows how long its been since i have been there. That and the amount of notice i took when buying. which was none.... regretfully.

I have now e-mailed Bridgestone - Precept on the recommendation from the pro at Werribee pro shop.

Should be interesting if/when they get back to me. I haven't sent the picture as yet. Perhaps I should call instead. You reckon?

fallout
13th July 2009, 05:16 PM
Hey guys,

Matt Rogers from Precept called and is following up on the issue. I am going to take the pic down while we go through the process of solving the issue. I don't want Precept to think I am outwardly trying to tarnish their brand.

I will update you as soon as I know more.

Cheers

fallout
14th July 2009, 03:06 PM
Hello again fellas,

The issue with the driver has been followed up. The issue was taken to the national sales manager of Precept/ Bridgestone. As a result, the outcome is i get a new driver. All I have to do is take it to my local pro shop where I will leave my details and then it will be picked up and a new one will be sent to me.

Considering the outcome, I will reserve the right to not put the image back up because of how well the situation was dealt. Matt Rogers from precept was prompt with my initial feedback and the issue was dealt with quickly and appropriately.

Thought you'd all like to know the outcome.

Grunt
14th July 2009, 05:46 PM
Good to hear Fallout.